daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #201
exit_320

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markitect View Post
The "Block 6 & 12" renderings were there this afternoon, but seem to have been removed since then.
Did anyone save all the renderings to post here? The one day I take off of work and aren't monitoring things through out the day.. lol
exit_320 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #202
MilwaukeeMark
I claim to be staff.

Likes (Received): 356

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit_320 View Post
Did anyone save all the renderings to post here? The one day I take off of work and aren't monitoring things through out the day.. lol
All you have to do is scroll back to find them... but since we're on a new page, I'll post them again.

Old January 11th, 2007, 04:38 PM   #203
exit_320

Aren't there more renderings that were on the website? I thought someone said you could see the manpower HQ in one of the renderings
Old January 11th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #204
MilwaukeeMark
I claim to be staff.

Likes (Received): 356

Quote:
Aren't there more renderings that were on the website? I thought someone said you could see the manpower HQ in one of the renderings
Ah, that's what you're talking about. My bad. Well, yes, there were two other renderings but they weren't like the ones posted above. Rather, they were basic "model" renderings with the buildings all white. It just showed the landscape in the immediate area and how it related to the building footprint. Sounds cooler than what it was. You're not missing out on much cause the other two renderings are way better.
Old January 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #205
Milwaukee, WY
Front Range expatriate

Likes (Received): 535

So what's with the Appleton banner? That's kind of surprising. I didn't think there was much of an Appleton contingent on here.
Milwaukee, WY no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #206
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee, WY View Post
So what's with the Appleton banner? That's kind of surprising. I didn't think there was much of an Appleton contingent on here.
DaiTengu, the new server guru, is from Appleton. He's probably responsible.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #207
milwaukeeunseen
Look closer...

Likes (Received): 2

The downtown office market is not doing that well right now. There are high vacancies, and we don't have a pool of major anchor tenants right now looking for space. But I am optomistic about these office proposals for the long term, because soon we will have a major Fortune 500 headquarters on King Drive -- Manpower just had a big article written about them in The Economist magazine; with the growing need for tech workers worldwide, Manpower is probably the most "important" company in Wisconsin right now.
Moreover, while demand for Class A space might be dormant right now, supply of Class A space is also very low. We don't have much Class A space available right now. So, by the end of the decade, I think there will be enough demand for Class A space to warrent an increase in supply. How much demand, I do not know. But I'm hopeful demand will go up because of Manpower.
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #208
UWMilwaukeeJay

water street will have a dramatic facelift through the next 10 years.

airtran,airtran,airtran.
Quote:
FROM JSONLINE
AirTran ups offer for Midwest Air by 18%
AirTran Holdings Inc. (AAI) raised its offer for Midwest Air Group Inc. (MEH) today by almost 18% to about $345 million after its earlier bid for the regional airline was rejected last month. More »

Positive news for the city:

Quote:
City gives 'greenlight' to redeveloping area
Funds would boost N. 30th St. corridor
By TOM DAYKIN
[email protected]
Posted: Jan. 10, 2007
The industrial corridor around N. 30th St., including the former Tower Automotive complex and other vacant buildings, will be redeveloped over several years, bringing jobs and new investment to one of Milwaukee's bleakest landscapes, Mayor Tom Barrett plans to announce today.
UWMilwaukeeJay no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #209
Milwaukee, WY
Front Range expatriate

More bad news for YX.... hopefully the shareholders will see that Joe Leonard is once again hucking snake oil. Snake oil they shouldn't buy. Good luck, Midwest, a takeover by these low cost clowns would be terrible for Milwaukee.
Old January 11th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #210
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 218

The Journal Sentinel is asking shareholders of their opinions concerning this. Here's the link: http://www2.jsonline.com/content/for...areholders.asp

But we have to see what Hartford Funds, T. Rowe Price, and Baird have to say, I think they're the largest shareholders.
brewcityfan no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #211
UWMilwaukeeJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee, WY View Post
More bad news for YX.... hopefully the shareholders will see that Joe Leonard is once again hucking snake oil. Snake oil they shouldn't buy. Good luck, Midwest, a takeover by these low cost clowns would be terrible for Milwaukee.
how will it be terrible...explain please.
UWMilwaukeeJay no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #212
Markitect

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Markitect no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #213
brewcityfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWMilwaukeeJay View Post
Oh for God's sake c'mon we already had this whole debate/argument about how AirTran's aquisition would be bad for Milwaukee a month ago! If I need to retype my arguments again I'll go stir-crazy, but I will do it.
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #214
exit_320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markitect View Post
Thanks for posting that, its a lot larger project than the other renderings show. I think I could do without that extension off to the left side of the building... just seems too bulky with it attached. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:28 PM   #215
exit_320

Quote:
please... not again
Old January 11th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #216
Milwaukee, WY
Front Range expatriate

Quote:
Why don't we just ask the people of St Louis what happened when American made similiar promises six years ago when they took over TWA? How on earth was that good for St Louis?
Old January 11th, 2007, 10:53 PM   #217
exit_320

Leonard seems like a ginormous *******.. his true colors come out in the latest update from biztimes... http://www.biztimes.com/daily/2007/1...s-more-hostile
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:00 PM   #218
NorthernIL Mike
oNBoader between Milwago

Likes (Received): 0

yes a good article to show what airtran really wants, the planes more than the company.

Hostile words

In a conference call with analysts this morning, Leonard criticized the Midwest board and its plans to grow its company. At various moments in the call, Leonard said the Midwest board's plan is "schizophrenic," "weak," "unrealistic" and "bizarre."
(To read more about the Midwest board's growth plan, visit (http://www.biztimes.com/daily/2007/1...te-on-airtran).
In its "Morning Meeting Report," which was written before AirTran's latest offer was announced, Milwaukee-based Robert W. Baird & Co. Inc. analysts said they expected the Midwest board's new business plan to increase the value of the company.
"We raised our price target to $14 (per share) based on our assumptions of Midwest as a stand-alone entity and continue to believe AirTran would need to pay a premium to this target to convince shareholders to approve a merger," Baird analysts stated.
Leonard also criticized Midwest board because the company has been "unprofitable."
In reality, Midwest posted a profit of $1.7 million in its most recent quarter, and AirTran lost $4.3 million in its most recent quarter.

Tad Hutcheson, vice president of marketing and sales for AirTran, previously told SBT that his company was determined to acquire Midwest. AirTran has ordered 60 new 737 airplanes from Boeing Co.
"We've got those airplanes on order, and they've got to go somewhere," Hutcheson said.
Carol Skornicka, senior vice president and general counsel of Midwest Air Group, told AM-620 WTMJ this morning, "At this time, we remain committed to our growth plan and our business strategy, and we believe that we'll return greater value to our shareholders in the long term than even this tender offer from AirTran."

"Those who manipulate the unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested largely by men we have never heard of." -Edward L. Bernays

www.savetheinternet.com
NorthernIL Mike no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #219
miltown
urban informant

Likes (Received): 84

midwest also has some big plans for its future that a takeover would crush, i think midwest enjoys being independant. heres and article on thier plans.....

Air trans offer one day after this article

Midwest to push plan for growth

Airline restates call for new regional jet service as it fights AirTran's takeover bid
By TOM DAYKIN

Posted: Jan. 10, 2007
Midwest Air Group Inc. again declared its independence Wednesday, reiterating plans to use a new regional jet service and other moves to increase revenue - and soar above an unwanted takeover bid from AirTran Holdings Inc.

Midwest Airlines

The Oak Creek operator of Midwest Airlines and the Midwest Connect regional carrier made its statement in a securities filing and a closed-door presentation to institutional investors in Milwaukee. Midwest Air executives will take that message on the road today to industry analysts in New York and again on Friday for a presentation in Baltimore.

The continued cold shoulder for AirTran prompted speculation that the Orlando, Fla., suitor might sweeten its $290 million bid. An AirTran spokesman said it is keeping its options open.

Midwest Air shares closed at $12.90, up 80 cents, well above AirTran's offer of $11.25 a share. Other airline stock prices rose as well on news of falling oil prices and US Airways raising its bid for Delta Air Lines.

Milwaukee-based Robert W. Baird & Co. raised its target price on Midwest Air to $14.

"We raised our price target to $14 based on our assumptions of Midwest as a standalone entity and continue to believe AirTran would need to pay a premium to this target to convince shareholders to approve a merger," Baird analyst Craig Kennison said in a note to investors.

"The ball is now in AirTran's court," said Jay Sorensen, an industry consultant and former Midwest marketing manager. "That's certainly what investors are looking for right now."

Kevin Healy, AirTran's vice president of planning and sales, said Midwest's investor presentation lacked details. He called it a thin response to AirTran's "comprehensive" proposal, which includes a pledge to raise the buyout price if Midwest can show it has additional value beyond the initial offer.

"They're not really doing anything to improve the value or demonstrate where the real value is," Healy said.

Midwest Air's statement summarized several recent announcements that are part of the company's plan to increase passenger capacity 15% in 2007 and 10% annually over the next three years.

The carrier, which produced revenue of $523 million in 2005 and hasn't yet posted 2006 results, said it could generate an additional $165 million to $205 million in annual revenue through its growth plan.

Baird said the growth plan could add 6 to 12 cents a share to 2007 earnings. Baird raised its 2007 earnings estimate for Midwest to 88 cents a share from 80 cents previously.

But Baird cautions that the estimates "are highly contingent on the timing of the regional jet service commencement and the overall profitability of the program."

The growth plan includes:

• A five-year contract with SkyWest Airlines Inc. to operate 15 to 25 regional jets on routes originating in Milwaukee and Kansas City, Mo. The 50-seat jets will begin flying in April under the Midwest Connect name, with 15 jets flying in 2007. That service could create $8 million to $10 million in annual revenue per jet.

• The addition of two MD-80 jets, each with about 145 seats, to the Midwest Airlines fleet and one 32-seat regional jet to the Midwest Connect fleet by mid-2007. The two MD-80s are projected to generate $40 million to $50 million in annual revenue.

• The reconfiguration of Midwest's Saver Service, which features two-by-three seating on flights to vacation destinations, to add some of the airline's wider, two-across Signature Service seating. That is expected to produce up to $5 million in annual revenue.

The new aircraft will be used in the creation of at least six new destinations, and as many as 12 new routes, in 2007. The company already has announced the March 4 launch of Midwest Connect service between Milwaukee and Duluth, Minn., and the upgrade of Milwaukee-St. Louis service to all regional jet service.

and
Milwaukee makes push to become a 'Well City'
http://www.biztimes.com/daily/2007/1...me-a-well-city
miltown no está en línea  
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #220
brewcityfan

These are all very good reasons as to why Midwest shareholders should NOT accept this proposal by AirTran. It just isn't right for the airline, for the city it represents, and the population that lives within the city.

Closed Thread