daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 26th, 2007, 02:38 AM   #361
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

^Agreed.

Guys, this discussion of Midwest Airlines has been monopolizing too much of this thread. I thought it died a few pages back, but it's returned in full force. Please, either start a separate thread to discuss this issue or let's wrap it up. Remember, you have an entire forum at your disposal for creating separate threads for a whole variety of issues. You don't need to stuff every conceivable Milwaukee-related topic into this thread. Let it breathe.

Thanks.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:07 AM   #362
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 218

Well then I hope I have the honors of taking up the task of creating a Midwest Airlines thread - if no one else beats me to it!
brewcityfan no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #363
mohammed wong

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
^Agreed.

Guys, this discussion of Midwest Airlines has been monopolizing too much of this thread. I thought it died a few pages back, but it's returned in full force. Please, either start a separate thread to discuss this issue or let's wrap it up. Remember, you have an entire forum at your disposal for creating separate threads for a whole variety of issues. You don't need to stuff every conceivable Milwaukee-related topic into this thread. Let it breathe.

Thanks.
I personally think that there is enough traffic here to have ANOTHER permenant sticky thread DEVOTED to offtopic things like this for MILWAUKEE,
there is one in chicago named chicago random posts,

that would be great...
another thread called milwaukee random posts, or an agreement to post separate threads for NON DEVELOPMENT topics on milwaukee, which has been working ok,
I myself am in favor in creating another sticky
entitled MILWAUKEE POLITICS,

i like politics and watching its discussion, but it does clog up
the milwaukee development thread
and is in NO small part, part of the reason why we are on part TEN.
mohammed wong no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:42 AM   #364
brewcityfan

Alright guys you can find the Midwest/AirTran talk here: http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=435058
Old January 26th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #365
sideliner

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcityfan View Post
Here is another version of the greenish building, labeled as Block 6/12 on www.eua.com

Honestly I like both versions, but this one looks a little more old Milwaukee than the other version.
Today's Business Journal carries a front-page story reporting that MLG Development Inc. is working on plans to construct a 25-story mixed-use building on the triangular-shaped site formed by the intersection of Water, Edison, and Knapp Sts. -- the site pictured above. The County owns the land, but MLG has an option to buy.
sideliner no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #366
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammed wong View Post
I personally think that there is enough traffic here to have ANOTHER permenant sticky thread DEVOTED to offtopic things like this for MILWAUKEE,
there is one in chicago named chicago random posts,
that would be great...
another thread called milwaukee random posts, or an agreement to post separate threads for NON DEVELOPMENT topics on milwaukee, which has been working ok,
If someone wants to open an off-topic thread, that's fine. But I can't give it a sticky. We already have enough stickied threads, and if I give one to Milwaukee, then it sets a precedent under which forumers from other cities will be asking for their own. Soon, the entire front page will consist of nothing but stickies. Also, I would ask that such a thread contain no political discussion unrelated to development.

Quote:
I myself am in favor in creating another sticky
entitled MILWAUKEE POLITICS,
It's not going to happen. This isn't a political forum. If you want to discuss politics, there are plenty of other websites--or go visit the NASF Skybar.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:38 PM   #367
exit_320

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
if I give one to Milwaukee, then it sets a precedent under which forumers from other cities will be asking for their own.
But we're Milwaukee, we're more special than all those other cities... j/k
exit_320 no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #368
exit_320

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideliner View Post
Today's Business Journal carries a front-page story reporting that MLG Development Inc. is working on plans to construct a 25-story mixed-use building on the triangular-shaped site formed by the intersection of Water, Edison, and Knapp Sts. -- the site pictured above. The County owns the land, but MLG has an option to buy.
Thats great and all.. but if Ovation Tower can't even get built (with a downward spiral of design modifications), how do they propose this is going to go through? I do think its an exciting proposal.. I just don't know where they are going to come up with the tenants
Old January 26th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #369
brewcityfan

I think if the hotel surge in Milwaukee keeps going, and the condo boom looks never-ending, a mixed-use building could work for a building that height. The Business Journal also had a top story of New Berlin possibly getting a 50 million hotel, waterpark, and convention center, probably right on its border with Brookfield (Moorland Rd. and Greenfield Ave.)
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #370
MilwaukeeMark
I claim to be staff.

Likes (Received): 356

UW-Milwaukee chancellor wants to add two campuses

The Business Journal of Milwaukee - 10:39 AM CST Friday

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee chancellor Carlos Santiago wants to expand the university's reach by adding two campuses, which he said will help ease crowding at its main campus on Milwaukee's east side and bring academics closer to research.

In a speech to UWM officials Thursday, Santiago proposed creating a campus near the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center and the Milwaukee County Research Park and a second campus near a downtown hospital to bring clinic experience to students in its nursing care, aging support and other medical fields.

Adding a campus near the medical center or research park would create "a collaborative research powerhouse," which would create an economic benefit, he said.

Spreading out also would make it easier to accommodate the increase in the university's student population. He noted that the university has more than 28,000 students on 93 acres, or 302 students per acre compared with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, which has more than 41,000 students on 933 acres, or 44 students per acre.

"It is unconscionable to accept that UWM currently educates more Wisconsin undergraduate and graduate students, but cannot accommodate their desire to reside on our campus," Santiago said.

Santiago said UWM officials already have begun discussing the new campuses with potential donors and plan to evaluate potential locations over the next few months.
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #371
exit_320

Just picked up the paper and it lists RedPrairie Corp of Waukesha, and Cramer Krasselt at possible tenants for the building. According to the article, Cramer Krasselt has narrowed down their choices for a location to three downtown Milwaukee sites but have not given specifics..

The article also briefly mentions Ovation Tower and US Bank Tower II as being in the early stages of development.

Hopefully 2007 will be a good year for annoucements / buildings.
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #372
brewcityfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit_320 View Post
Just picked up the paper and it lists RedPrairie Corp of Waukesha, and Cramer Krasselt at possible tenants for the building. According to the article, Cramer Krasselt has narrowed down their choices for a location to three downtown Milwaukee sites but have not given specifics..

The article also briefly mentions Ovation Tower and US Bank Tower II as being in the early stages of development.

Hopefully 2007 will be a good year for annoucements / buildings.
Well all I have to say is you made my day!! Three great buildings could begin construction/moving forward is always a plus for downtown Milwaukee, and the skyline would forever change with two high-rise buildings added to it.
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #373
nic158

Likes (Received): 0

RedPrairie Corp??? wonderful news, because last i heard they wanted to leave wisconsin. if they are looking to maybe go downtown, wow.
nic158 no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 07:37 PM   #374
exit_320

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic158 View Post
RedPrairie Corp??? wonderful news, because last i heard they wanted to leave wisconsin. if they are looking to maybe go downtown, wow.
Its not a for sure thing but I guess they are in talks.. the city of Milwaukee has been after them to try and get them downtown.. I am assuming if they are even in talks the city has come up with an attractive financial package? I would really like to see this building and US Bank Tower II get built. I pray that Ovation Tower as it is currently designed NEVER gets built.
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #375
NorthernIL Mike
oNBoader between Milwago

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Its not a for sure thing but I guess they are in talks.. the city of Milwaukee has been after them to try and get them downtown.. I am assuming if they are even in talks the city has come up with an attractive financial package? I would really like to see this building and US Bank Tower II get built. I pray that Ovation Tower as it is currently designed NEVER gets built.
I assume US Bank Tower is Lake Pointe Tower...I hope that they keep talking and advertising for this tower so we can find a tenant or two and get that things built, just keep trying plz

"Those who manipulate the unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested largely by men we have never heard of." -Edward L. Bernays

www.savetheinternet.com
NorthernIL Mike no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #376
exit_320

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernIL Mike View Post
I assume US Bank Tower is Lake Pointe Tower...I hope that they keep talking and advertising for this tower so we can find a tenant or two and get that things built, just keep trying plz
Yeah... that's it. I knew it has it's own name, just not really with it since it's Friday. I am just sort of frustrated because the 2nd possible tenant (can't remember who it was anymore?) was supposed to make their decision by the end of November I believe.. no word yes or no on their decision. (Also have no idea who the 1st tenant was.. guess I am losing it lol)
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #377
milwaukeeunseen
Look closer...

Likes (Received): 2

I'm feeling optomistic about the chances of the MLG development on Water Street. It wouldn't give Milwaukee a new tallest like Lake Pointe Tower would, but I would add so much to the expanding northern frontier of Downtown Milwaukee. Again, I have to say that tearing down that Park East freeway was one of the best decisions this city ever made.

And, Red Prairie considering Downtown Milwaukee?? Holy crap. Last time I read about Red Prairie the CEO seemed like he was ready to move the company out of state tommorow. I'm happily surprised they're considering a move downtown because the CEO seemed to really, really not like Milwaukee. He made it sound like hell on earth in some of those interviews.
Old January 26th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #378
brewcityfan

Quote:
Yeah... that's it. I knew it has it's own name, just not really with it since it's Friday. I am just sort of frustrated because the 2nd possible tenant (can't remember who it was anymore?) was supposed to make their decision by the end of November I believe.. no word yes or no on their decision. (Also have no idea who the 1st tenant was.. guess I am losing it lol)
The probable tenants for LPT were going to be US Bank, a Westin Hotel, and Baird - but Baird never made a decision yet.
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #379
Oshkosh49

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Thats great and all.. but if Ovation Tower can't even get built (with a downward spiral of design modifications), how do they propose this is going to go through?
If I recall correctly, I think the major difference between the Ovation Tower and this new MLG Development (Block 12) is that the MLG one will be a mixed use project, whereas the Ovation Tower was originally suppose to be strictly a Class A office building. That may be a key reason why Ovation hasn't left the gate yet after all this time.
Oshkosh49 no está en línea  
Old January 26th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #380
gbpakman

AFC

Hey all,
Long time viewer, first time poster.

Does anyone know the status of the American Freedom Center Dev. on Lincoln Mem. Dr.?

http://www.onmilwaukee.com/music/articles/afc.html

I think it would be a great addition to the city, but am scared since it hasn't been mentioned in a while.

Thanks.
gbpakman no está en línea  

Closed Thread