daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 18th, 2007, 04:35 AM   #821
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 227

Hopefully we see a lot more city cranes in the near future all over downtown...
brewcityfan no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #822
Badgers77
Hi

Likes (Received): 88

Seems to me by like 2020 Milwaukee will have a pretty respectable skyline. The Ruvin (?), Ghazi, and now this Chase remodeling are all nice and will add significantly. Anything around 30 stories or more is very nice in my book to be noticed. Hopefully they all get built, especially that Ghazi project because of where it is.

Although I'm moving out of Wisconsin soon, I'm very excited to come back to Milwaukee and Madison in about 10 or 15 years (which is how long I hope to stay away).
Badgers77 no está en línea  
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #823
ClarkWGriswald
User, Registered

Likes (Received): 0

So, did this Chase thing come completely out of nowhere? Did anyone know anything about it, prior to this announcement?
ClarkWGriswald no está en línea  
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #824
Badgers77
Hi

The thing I like about the Chase thing is that it is a building with a bit of uniqueness. I haven't seen a building that looks like it.
Old March 18th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #825
brewcityfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgers77 View Post
Seems to me by like 2020 Milwaukee will have a pretty respectable skyline. The Ruvin (?), Ghazi, and now this Chase remodeling are all nice and will add significantly. Anything around 30 stories or more is very nice in my book to be noticed. Hopefully they all get built, especially that Ghazi project because of where it is.

Although I'm moving out of Wisconsin soon, I'm very excited to come back to Milwaukee and Madison in about 10 or 15 years (which is how long I hope to stay away).
And don't forget (if they are approved) Lake Pointe Tower and Block 6 & 12 (RedPrairie's possible HQ).

Oh, and The Brewery will also add a refurbished new flavor on a well-seen parcel of land from I-43 on the NW section of downtown.
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #826
Badgers77
Hi

What is Block 6 and 12? How many stories?

Also, what exactly does Red Prairie do? I've heard a lot about it.
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:53 AM   #827
brewcityfan

Quote:
What is Block 6 and 12? How many stories?

Also, what exactly does Red Prairie do? I've heard a lot about it.
Block 6 & 12 is just the designation given to the parcel of land on the corner of Water and McKinley Streets. This is the building that was crafted for the spot by EUA:

That design could add or subtract floors, depending on the demand for the building.

I honestly don't know exactly what RedPrairie does either. Maybe someone like Markitect of MilwaukeeD would know.
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:21 AM   #828
Markitect

I bet Google would know. You could have had an answer by now.
Markitect no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #829
Boatnurd

Likes (Received): 1240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markitect View Post
I bet Google would know. You could have had an answer by now.
They provide software solutions to large manufacturing firms.
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:41 AM   #830
Markitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkWGriswald View Post
So, did this Chase thing come completely out of nowhere?
Yes and no.

The parking structure had long been identified by developers and planners as one of Downtown's most underutilized properties. A couple years ago there was at least one developer actively exploring redevelopment possibilities for the site, but Chase opted not to pursue that redevelopment at the time...probably because Chase was going to be making arrangements to sell the tower and garage anyway. Late last year, Chase sold the tower and garage to these new owners, who have decided to pick up the ball and enhance its investment.

But I don't think the old conceptual proposal and the new conceptual proposal are connected at all.

The old proposal had somewhat bulky massing, but also had some interesting bowed-out facades (a bit like the Lake Pointe Tower proposal). This new proposal is pretty boxy and doesn't seem to have enough mass. Hopefully a new design could be created, at a happy medium somewhere between the two.

Last edited by Markitect; March 19th, 2007 at 02:29 AM.
Markitect no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:55 AM   #831
milwaukee-københavn

Likes (Received): 5

I have to admit that I like the old one more. It seems to fit the site better and I think that it would be a bad idea (the new proposal) to glut the market with a building that's built on top of an already existing one directly behind two already existing skyscrapers. I really wish it was easier and the city was more willing to use eminent domain on all of those parking lots, becaue they'd be a lot better locations for this kind of development.
milwaukee-københavn no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:30 AM   #832
brewcityfan

One main thing about the Chase parking structure rehab is the fact that it adds another high rise to Milwaukee's skyline. It would complement, not detach itself, from the Chase Tower or Wells Fargo Building (I believe that's the name). While the office space in the new building might be a bit much considering it's very hard to find office tenants for downtown Milwaukee as it is - the condos will have a great view and most likely will sell quickly.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:36 AM   #833
miltown
urban informant

Likes (Received): 84

I like the fact that the new proposal for the chase structure dares to go taller than the current chase tower,,, i think with a little re working in the design it will be a very nice building and a great addition to the skyline, the office portion will also hopefully add jobs in Milwaukee, with chase expanding into the new tower....
miltown no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:42 AM   #834
Badgers77
Hi

So is this Chase remodeling going to be visible from the lake/right on the lake?
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:43 AM   #835
Milwaukee, WY
Front Range expatriate

Likes (Received): 537

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcityfan View Post
Wells Fargo Building (I believe that's the name).
It's the 100 E. Wisconsin Building, or 100 East, or Faison Building. The Wells Fargo building is farther West, on 8th and Wisc.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #836
brewcityfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee, WY View Post
It's the 100 E. Wisconsin Building, or 100 East, or Faison Building. The Wells Fargo building is farther West, on 8th and Wisc.
Thank you for clarifying that. All I remember is seeing there's a Wells Fargo bank inside that building - so I figured that was owned by Wells Fargo also.
Old March 19th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #837
brewcityfan

Quote:
So is this Chase remodeling going to be visible from the lake/right on the lake?
Possibly for a few years minimum. If Lake Pointe Tower begins construction, I don't know if the Chase addition would be blocked out or not by the building.
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:06 AM   #838
Badgers77
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcityfan View Post
Possibly for a few years minimum. If Lake Pointe Tower begins construction, I don't know if the Chase addition would be blocked out or not by the building.
Regardless, great news. It's so nice that Milwaukee is finally getting a skyline with a bit of personality! This, along with other 30-ish story buildings, are going to redefine how many see the city.
Old March 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #839
historybuffer

Likes (Received): 5

It's fantastic to see the Gipfel get a new home, and the care that it deserves, no longer swallowed up by asphalt.
historybuffer no está en línea  
Old March 19th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #840
Fiddlerontheruf
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

hard to believe milwaukee is getting as HOB and ESPN zone---in one development. Great news.
Fiddlerontheruf no está en línea  

Closed Thread