daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old May 23rd, 2007, 07:14 AM   #1521
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 222

^ It's definitely a step in the right direction to land more high rises to the south of the CBD.
brewcityfan no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:03 PM   #1522
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 222

From the JS:
Quote:
WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2007, 11:43 a.m.
By Kathleen Gallagher

Associated Bank expands downtown
Associated Bank (ASBC) said today it will lease additional office space in the Two Plaza East downtown to accommodate growth.

The Green Bay-based company will lease 23,000 square feet of office space at 330 E. Kilbourn Ave. beginning in July. Lisa Binder, Associated's president and chief operating officer, and about 100 other employees will have offices there.

The expansion was spurred by Associated's growth in this market, the bank said in a news release. Associated's market share in the Milwaukee area rose to 5.5% in 2006, from 4.3% in 2005, the company said. Associated will continue to occupy office space at 401 E. Kilbourn Ave and 815 N. Water St.
brewcityfan no está en línea  
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:02 AM   #1523
FutureChicaukeean
mmm...Cheese

Likes (Received): 0

I just got back from camping at Devils Lake and the dells. Wow...

When my friend loads the pics I will show them off although they won't do it justice.

Never been up there before... plan on going back every summer now. So much fun!

If you enjoy looking at other states license plates, go there...kind of amazing.

$$$ Thank you for spending your money in Wisconsin $$$

P.S. The peak of the tourism season is yet to come!
FutureChicaukeean no está en línea  
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:09 AM   #1524
Fiddlerontheruf
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Although I hate SSP, I feel compelled to advertise an absolutely stunning thread over there...a member took dozens of pictures during a helicopter tour of downtown Milwaukee and they are absolutely amazing. I have been waiting for a tour like this as long as I've been a member

Nearly 5 years now. Shit.

here it is

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=131857
Fiddlerontheruf no está en línea  
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:49 AM   #1525
NLouisianaJay
american forester

wow...that link is just wow. AMAZING PHOTO'S. Milwaukee is amazing.
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:55 AM   #1526
Bluewarning
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlerontheruf View Post
Although I hate SSP, I feel compelled to advertise an absolutely stunning thread over there...a member took dozens of pictures during a helicopter tour of downtown Milwaukee and they are absolutely amazing. I have been waiting for a tour like this as long as I've been a member

here it is

K.C.Gridlock is the man. His tours kick ass. I go on random proxies (because Im banned for life) just to see his stuff. Awesome tour.
Bluewarning no está en línea  
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #1527
exit_320

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:

here it is

Thanks for the link! The pictures were probably amazing based on the first image I saw before my computer crashed. Just as a future courtesy when posting links.. if the thread you are linking to reads MASSIVE PICTURES, please give us a warning. Not all of us have computers that can handles pages like that.
exit_320 no está en línea  
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #1528
NorthernIL Mike
oNBoader between Milwago

Quote:

here it is

Great find those picture are very unique and so clear.

"Those who manipulate the unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested largely by men we have never heard of." -Edward L. Bernays

www.savetheinternet.com
NorthernIL Mike no está en línea  
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #1529
milwaukeeunseen
Look closer...

That helicopter thread is solid gold.
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #1530
nevee1
TownTown

Here's to kc
Amazing photos
The secret is out about Milwaukee
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:45 PM   #1531
djcody

The best photo thread of Milwaukee EVER! The clarity and precision of the photos are excellent. I agree... hopefully this will change some preceptions and hopefully businesses will look at us in better way.
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:18 AM   #1532
Fiddlerontheruf
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcody View Post
The best photo thread of Milwaukee EVER! The clarity and precision of the photos are excellent. I agree... hopefully this will change some preceptions and hopefully businesses will look at us in better way.
uhh...I don't think SSP has that kind of power...lol.

But, it may certainly change the perspective of some members there, which is a start. If KCGridlock were smart, he would market those pictures to the city or private local companies.
Fiddlerontheruf no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #1533
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

That photo thread has set a lot of people straight about how great of a city Milwaukee is. Maybe we're finally shedding the Laverne and Shirley stereotype.
Old May 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #1534
araman0
Purdue U. / Marquette U.

Likes (Received): 470

Wasn't there once a kid on here or SSP that started a thread asking if Milwaukee even had a downtown? I wish he were still around to see that thread.

Best Milwaukee thread ever. Milwaukee truley looks best from the above, as can be confirmed by anyone that has eaten at that revolving resturant. To truley show off milwaukee, we need to build a 2000 ft space needle or something so we can always have access to views like this.
araman0 no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #1535
Skyking2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureChicaukeean View Post
I just got back from camping at Devils Lake and the dells. Wow...

When my friend loads the pics I will show them off although they won't do it justice.

Never been up there before... plan on going back every summer now. So much fun!

If you enjoy looking at other states license plates, go there...kind of amazing.

$$$ Thank you for spending your money in Wisconsin $$$

P.S. The peak of the tourism season is yet to come!
I flew over Devils Lake last week on my way back from the Twin Cities, and I was surprised at how small it looked from the air...and we were only at around 22,000 feet. I suppose the lake isn't really that big, although it appears larger when you're there. I agree, that is one beautiful piece of land we have in Wisconsin.
Skyking2 no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:43 PM   #1536
Skyking2
BANNED

Quote:

here it is

Wow. Are you kidding me?! Congratulations, and thank you.
Skyking2 no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #1537
miltown
urban informant

Likes (Received): 84

HALLELUJAH!!!!

Downtown post office building sold
By TOM DAYKIN
[email protected]
Posted: May 25, 2007

The U.S. Postal Service's regional processing center in downtown Milwaukee has been sold for $16 million to a newly formed investors group, according to documents filed with the Milwaukee County register of deeds.

The 940,000-square-foot building, 345 W. St. Paul Ave., was sold to Menomonee RP, which lists Wauwatosa attorney Jeffrey Santaga as its registered agent. Santaga could not be reached for comment Friday.

The building was sold by private investors who leased it to the Postal Service. Glenora Co., which is owned by members of the Uihlein family, had a 58% share in the property, and received $9.28 million, according to the documents. The other sellers were 350 St. Paul LLC, which received $5.44 million, and Robert E. Thurner Family Trust, which received $1.28 million.

The building occupies nearly 9 acres on the north bank of the Menomonee River. That site has been viewed as a redevelopment opportunity.

The postal center, built in 1967, is currently meeting the agency's needs, Postal Service spokesman Jim Mruk said. But the operation will eventually get new equipment that won't fit in the cramped building, he said.

"Some time in the future, we're going to need a new building," Mruk said.

If the Postal Service moves out, the building could be demolished to make the land available for housing, retail and office space.

The downtown location's appeal as a development site increased when Harley-Davidson Inc. chose to develop its motorcycle museum just south of the postal center.

Also, the nearby Amtrak station, 433 W. St. Paul Ave., is undergoing a $15.8 million remodeling and expansion.

There's light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!
miltown no está en línea  
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #1538
mbradleyc

Likes (Received): 4270

I was psyched when I read that this morning. I saw a plan by DCD that envisioned redeveloping the building and it was pretty substantial.

But I think dynamite is a better option.

There is plenty of room in the Valley to build a new post office. The sooner the better.
mbradleyc no está en línea  
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #1539
Bluewarning
BANNED

Thats great news!
Bluewarning no está en línea  
Old May 29th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #1540
mbradleyc

Likes (Received): 4270

This is some interesting reading. It is a study done by Denver to compare their downtown issues with Milwaukee, among other cities. Different perspective. Somewhat sloppy research regarding names of places.
http://denverinfill.com/images/speci...kee_report.pdf
mbradleyc no está en línea  

Closed Thread