daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 9th, 2007, 05:49 AM   #141
miltown
urban informant

Likes (Received): 84

Germania Building downtown sold
Downtown Milwaukee's historic Germania Building has been sold for just over $4 million to a local investors group.

Germania Group LLC, led by Santino "Sonny" Bando, bought the eight-story, 90,000-square-foot building from an investment trust based in suburban Chicago, Bando said today.

The Germania Building, 135 W. Wells St., was built in 1896 by George Brumder to house his Germania Publishing Co., which was then the largest publisher of German-language newspapers in the United States

also.....
I was wondering what people thought about Nan Hegerty's retirement. Personally I think shes jus retiring because of the problems she couldnt solve. murders, and violent crimes were up last year........
miltown no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:56 AM   #142
Oshkosh49

Likes (Received): 2

Frankly, I don't think it would have mattered who was Milwaukee's police chief. The murders and violent crimes still would have increased in numbers. There are two officers stationed daily at Bradley Tech High School, and a big fight broke out there today regardless.
Oshkosh49 no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #143
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 222

Good point, but I think this city needs to move a little deeper as to who's to blame for these increases. Milwaukee needs to find some way to get a better educational system in place, to try harder to keep kids in school and thinking of better things in life. No one in the media ever mentions the school system as a possible reason for these increases....just police failing to do its job. Crime is a battle that needs to be fought on multiple subjects.
brewcityfan no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #144
exit_320

Likes (Received): 1

Parents in Milwaukee just need their asses kicked
exit_320 no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2007, 04:57 PM   #145
Twoaday

Likes (Received): 1203

MPS/MPD

Well part of the problem with MPS is that more of Milwaukee's money goes to the suburbs as part of shared revenues than is returned and apparently this is a fight that despite the city wants changed doesn't have much support outside of Milwaukee. Clearly money isn't the only issue but it sure doesn't help.

It police related legislation soon a bill will be floated in Madison to eliminate police pay in Milwaukee for officers convicted of a felony. So we can stop paying crooked cops... This state law currently only applies to Milwaukee!
Twoaday no está en línea  
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #146
ClarkWGriswald
User, Registered

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoaday View Post
It police related legislation soon a bill will be floated in Madison to eliminate police pay in Milwaukee for officers convicted of a felony. So we can stop paying crooked cops... This state law currently only applies to Milwaukee!
This still blows my mind....what a joke.
ClarkWGriswald no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 04:39 PM   #147
MilwaukeeMark
I claim to be staff.

Likes (Received): 356

I've got a friend who works in the development industry (and I won't go farther than that) that passed this along to me... thought you'd be interested in seeing it.

It's a rendering of the StayBridge Hotel going in at the southeast corner of Water and Juneau. Groundbreaking is scheduled for Thursday, January 18. Enjoy!

Old January 10th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #148
milwaukeeunseen
Look closer...

Man o man that is a nice looking building.

When this thing is done, it will be such a great "I told you so" to those who were dead set against tearing down the Park East. It has taken some years to get these projects moving, but the end result will show that tearing down that old freeway spur was one of the best things this city ever did.
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:34 PM   #149
nic158

they got the skyline backwards behind it, kind of funny.

so this will replace that parking lot then?
nic158 no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:54 PM   #150
Twoaday

Likes (Received): 1203

Staybridge

This building will be at the corner of Water and Juneau right next to Bar Louie... I believe it was three small parking lots and an alley way vacation that makes up the lot it will be on..
Twoaday no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #151
Markitect

These have been out for at least a few weeks now: More Staybridge renderings.
Markitect no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #152
NorthernIL Mike
oNBoader between Milwago

you should share more of your knowledge with us then sire....

"Those who manipulate the unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested largely by men we have never heard of." -Edward L. Bernays

www.savetheinternet.com
NorthernIL Mike no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #153
miltown
urban informant

Likes (Received): 84

that looks nice
miltown no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #154
Warder

I think everyone here will appreciate this. Check out Eppstein Uhen Architect's new web site http://www.eua.com (largest firm in Milwaukee). Navigate the Portfolio to find some new projects and some renderings never seen before by the public. Pay special attention to the Corporate/Industrial - Developer portion of the portfolio...
Warder no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #155
Oshkosh49

The Staybridge, I like it. I like it a lot. Yesseree, that's a mighty fine looking building you've got there.
Oshkosh49 no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #156
ClarkWGriswald
User, Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warder View Post
I think everyone here will appreciate this. Check out Eppstein Uhen Architect's new web site http://www.eua.com (largest firm in Milwaukee). Navigate the Portfolio to find some new projects and some renderings never seen before by the public. Pay special attention to the Corporate/Industrial - Developer portion of the portfolio...
...wow!
ClarkWGriswald no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:05 PM   #157
brewcityfan

Likes (Received): 222

I'm extremely impressed with EUA's future design plans for the city. These buildings are quality buildings and I don't think the city will ever look the same once they're built.

Ovation Plaza

Renassiance ClubSport in Third Ward

This is the building I love the most!!
Block 6 & 12 (I don't know what that means...but it looks like its a block before the North End on Water St.)

Last edited by brewcityfan; January 11th, 2007 at 03:00 AM.
brewcityfan no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #158
Markitect

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcityfan
Block 6 & 12 (I don't know what that means...but it looks like its a block before the North End on Water St.)
"Blocks 6 & 12" refers to the numbered blocks as designated by the City's Park East Redevelopment Plan.
Markitect no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #159
NorthernIL Mike
oNBoader between Milwago

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcityfan View Post
I'm extremely impressed with EUA's future design plans for the city. These buildings are quality buildings and I don't think the city will ever look the same once they're built.

Ovation Plaza

Renassiance ClubSport in Third Ward

This is the building I love the most!!
Those buildings are sweet and the tallest greenish building really needs to be built, along with the Ruvin project the park east looks to have some decent height.

"Those who manipulate the unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested largely by men we have never heard of." -Edward L. Bernays

www.savetheinternet.com
NorthernIL Mike no está en línea  
Old January 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #160
nic158

is block 6 & 12 anything other than a concept or proposal? has the county/city approved this yet?
nic158 no está en línea  

Closed Thread