daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 24th, 2016, 01:29 PM   #1241
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu01 View Post
In a few days I'll have an opportunity to try out the OUIGO services. Somewhat disappointingly, I found out that the passengers are required to present themselves on the specified platform at least 30 minutes before the departure time . Well, the travel time would be otherwise fast, some 1 hour and 25 minutes, but adding half an hour to this looks a bit frustrating. So what are the grounds for this requirement? Why it's enough to be 5 minutes before the departure of iDTGV and as little as 2 minutes before THALYS departure time, while OUIGO requires the appearance half an hour before it leaves the station? Does anyone have a logical explanation?
They adapted the lowcost airlines system to the trains because customers always asks for cheaper prices but without seeing all the advantages of traveling with TGV and others... So OUIGO is a lot cheaper but it don't deserve the main railway stations (that are more expensive), just like lowcost airlines, the baggages are checked and yes, you have to be in here earlier, and they put the maximum possible number of persons in it...

Next time, try the classics TGV, you won't have those issues...

tgva325 liked this post
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2016, 02:43 PM   #1242
eu01

Likes (Received): 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Next time, try the classics TGV, you won't have those issues...
Well, just like with the low cost airlines, sometimes you simply do not have any suitable alternative in the given time-frame, the low cost connection is the only you can use. And indeed, do Ryanair, easyJet and other lcc's expect you to be at the boarding gate earlier than other carriers? Don't think so.

arctic_carlos liked this post
eu01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2016, 04:53 AM   #1243
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by eu01 View Post
Well, just like with the low cost airlines, sometimes you simply do not have any suitable alternative in the given time-frame, the low cost connection is the only you can use. And indeed, do Ryanair, easyJet and other lcc's expect you to be at the boarding gate earlier than other carriers? Don't think so.
Yes, but at first for TGV you usualy don't have pre-boarding control, that's why...

In airlines you can't access directly in the airplane (it might be the case in the past, but it was a few decades ago....), so in my opinion, it's hardly comparable...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2016, 11:51 AM   #1244
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10886

ERTMS in France

I'm looking for information about the ERTMS in France.

According to the map of SNCF Reseau 2017 (09/2016) there is only ERTMS (ETCS 2 software version 2.2.2+) on the LGV Est from Baudrecourt (southeast of Metz) and Vaires (23.5 km from Paris).

On the website of the LGV Rhin-Rhône he says he does have.
It is installed but not yet in service?

There ETCS 1 (with software version 2.3.0.d) between Perpignan and Figueras (Spain) since 19/10/2010.

In this article from IRJ explain that in the LGV Est is preferably used ERTMS before the TVM 430, so, not only 5 ICE 3MF but also Euroduplex 3UA normally circulate with ERTMS to 320 km/h?
The 12/17/2013 the EPSF authorized the ERTMS on the LGV Est and it is in commercial service since December 2014; It was delayed by problems with GSM-R.

On the website of the LGV SEA (Sud Europe Atlantique, opening scheduled for 07.02.2017) explain that the only signaling line is the ERTMS (ETCS 2) and TVM 300. And the maximum speed at the start will be 320 km/h although the line allows 350. So when the 40 Euroduplex 3UF traveling at 320 km/h will be done -mandatorily- with ERTMS, the TVM 300 is for TGV Atlantique trains, while supplies last. 24 Duplex trains to go to the LGV SEA, they have ERTMS? DASY or DASYE?
Exactly the same (ERTMS + TVM 300 and 320/350 km/h) in the case of LGV BPL (Bretagne Pays de la Loire) between Mans and Rennes also from 02/07/2017.
In the contours of Mans and, in the LGV Med, in Nimes and Montpellier will only ETCS 1. In this line will put TVN 430 to give continuity?

Here I have a map of projects for 2020, although it is somewhat old (There is another new?).

It will be installed in the freight corridor # 2 between Longuyon / Bettembourg and Bâle at the end of 2018; You will ETCS 2 software version 2.3.0.d.
European Freight corridor in France:
-Bâle-Mulhouse-Strasbourg-Metz-Thionville
-Lyon-Dijon-Metz
-Perpiñán-Modena, via Langedoc arc, the Rhone Valley, Lyon et Chambéry.

http://transportrail.canalblog.com/p.../34301115.html

Thank you very much for contributions!

Note: I'm happy for Belfort:
French government and Alstom agree Belfort rescue package.

dimlys1994 liked this post
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2016, 09:39 PM   #1245
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

For some reason I keep thinking France's high speed rail network is much more extensive.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2016, 09:06 AM   #1246
tgva325

Likes (Received): 3156

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post

For some reason I keep thinking France's high speed rail network is much more extensive.
Yes, but they run over existing lines.

It is the correct approach, not the Spanish one... with a new railway and HUGH expenses and new statons and everything...

Grupo Yahoo Trenes del Uruguay

FM 2258 liked this post
tgva325 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #1247
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

There are also 101 trains called Alvia circulating on HSL and conventional lines. In the link are the routes.

But that's a discussion for another Thread.
Old October 7th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #1248
tgva325

Likes (Received): 3156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusiluz View Post
There are also 101 trains called Alvia circulating on HSL and conventional lines. In the link are the routes.

The issue is not that.

The issue is the uncontrolled expansion of the high speed lines instead of rebuilt and regauge existing lines.

And the nonsensical abandonement of the old stations and the building of new ones everywhere, and the famous "soterramientos", all of which is a waste of money when its done everywhere only to do new fashionable things instead of only where is required.

Grupo Yahoo Trenes del Uruguay
tgva325 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2016, 12:35 PM   #1249
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

This is France HSR
Bye!
Old November 7th, 2016, 02:19 PM   #1250
JumpUp

Likes (Received): 45

Hey,

there are two types of TGV being able to run to Barcelona:

TGV DAYSE: sets 732-744

TGV RGV 2N2: sets 801-810

As far as I know, all TGVs to Barcelona are currently run by TGV RGV 2N2.
My questions:

- Are the TGV DAYSE sets 732-744 still able to go into spain or did they loose their Spanish equipment?

- Are the TGV DAYSE or RGV 2N2 able to run any ruther than Barcelona (e.g. Madrid?) or is this technically not possible?

Thanks!
JumpUp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2016, 08:42 PM   #1251
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

True, the Dasye only were to homologacion the Euroduplex, I do not think that they have lost it, but I do not know.

The Paris-Barcelona trains are 2N2 3UH and could reach Madrid-Atocha (this trip was announced for December 2014). With 10 trains have more than enough to get to Madrid, I rather think the problem is the demand because it would take 9 hours. Perhaps from October 6, 2017 to give impetus to the opening of contournement ferroviaire de Nîmes et Montpellier, although the gain is minimal and I am not optimistic.
What they could never do it is move south of Madrid, as there is a section that only has LZB. Even when the section Madrid Chamartín to Torrejón de Velasco (30 km south of Atocha) is inaugurated, as it passes under Atocha and no communication possible. It could be solved with an STM (Specific Transmission Module) to translate the LZB to ETCS, as with the Spanish S-100F for French KVB.
Old November 9th, 2016, 07:26 PM   #1252
M-NL
Mixed-mode traveller

Likes (Received): 274

Quote:
It could be solved with an STM (Specific Transmission Module) to translate the LZB to ETCS
If those models are equipped with the same EVC as the Thalys PKBA and TGV POS, then such a module already exists, as both these models are or have been used on German LZB equipped lines. However they also do require extra antennae fitted to the train and, as far as I know, a software change, because the Spanish LZB differs slightly from the German version.

It would however make more sense to change the line over to ETCS, because all other LAVs already seem to be using ETCS and the Madrid-Seville line is the last one left on LZB.
Old November 9th, 2016, 11:24 PM   #1253
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

The added problem is that these trains are not ready for Spain: long tunnels and ASFA.
Anyway, let's talk theoretically, I can not imagine a Seville-Paris train, at least until I see a Madrid-Paris day train.
Sevilla-Madrid is changing someday to ERTMS, but so far works very well with LZB. There is no definite plan in time.

In a few days, a new order will be awarded (15 (+5 (+5 (+5)))) of HST tritension (1.5 3 and 25 kV) and with French signaling, we assume that it will serve to replace the S-100F Madrid-Marseille, Barcelona-Toulouse and Barcelona-Lyon. The travel should be (according to being tritension) Madrid-Burgos-France and Valencia-Barcelona-France.
Old November 10th, 2016, 10:44 PM   #1254
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17043

High speed Train ( TGV, Eurostar, AVE, OUGO) in France

Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:28 PM   #1255
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26144

From Rail Journal:

Quote:
http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=523

First TGV Océane trains enter service
Monday, December 12, 2016

THE first Alstom TGV 2N2 Euroduplex Atlantique trains for France’s Sud Europ Atlantique high-speed line entered commercial service on December 11, when French secretary of state for transport Mr Alain Vidalies and Mrs Florence Parly, executive director of Voyages SNCF welcomed passengers aboard the first service, the 09.28 Paris Montparnasse - Toulouse Matabiau

The fleet of 40 dual-voltage (25kV 50Hz ac/1.5kV dc) double-deck trains - dubbed TGV Océane by SNCF - were ordered in March 2012 using a €1.2bn option from a contract awarded to Alstom in 2007

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 08:53 PM   #1256
kbbcn

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
In a few days, a new order will be awarded (15 (+5 (+5 (+5)))) of HST tritension (1.5 3 and 25 kV) and with French signaling, we assume that it will serve to replace the S-100F Madrid-Marseille, Barcelona-Toulouse and Barcelona-Lyon. The travel should be (according to being tritension) Madrid-Burgos-France and Valencia-Barcelona-France.
Are you talking about the new Talgo (Avril) trains that Renfe is going to buy?

Great strategy. Renfe/SNCF already has problems filling the trains to France (or let's say that at least it's not the succes that some had hoped for), so the answer is to put trains with an higher density, less comfortable seating (3+2) on those lines...?

I'm glad that they are using SCNF material on the Barcelona-Paris line (the one I use most). At least I will be able to continue travelling without the fear of being squeezed between two strangers for 6,5 hours.
kbbcn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 07:13 PM   #1257
kokomo
Selfie Selfie!

Likes (Received): 18429

One question:

Are these new Océane trainsets comparable to current Duplex one in service? I mean, I took one from Nice to Marseille not so long ago, and was on the upper deck and it was a somewhat miserable experience. I found it too cramped and the ladder was way to narrow if you're carrying a suitcase.

I am in love with ancient trainsets in orange livery of course!

El populismo NO hace obras. Entrega subsidios

Attenzione! Allontanarsi dalla linea gialla

Mi último reporte de viaje: Un invierno en el Mezzogiorno. Sicilia y el sur de Italia por kokomo
kokomo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:10 AM   #1258
Castor_Game

Likes (Received): 21875

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbbcn View Post
Are you talking about the new Talgo (Avril) trains that Renfe is going to buy?

Great strategy. Renfe/SNCF already has problems filling the trains to France (or let's say that at least it's not the succes that some had hoped for), so the answer is to put trains with an higher density, less comfortable seating (3+2) on those lines...?

I'm glad that they are using SCNF material on the Barcelona-Paris line (the one I use most). At least I will be able to continue travelling without the fear of being squeezed between two strangers for 6,5 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post

Castor_Game no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2016, 12:49 PM   #1259
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Euroduplex Océane and TGV parq

From the 11th, the new Euroduplex 3UFC Océane (851/890) has begun to circulate through the LGV Atlantique (they are interoperable and have clearance gauge UIC, the C it means Capacitaire: 556 seats, F means “only France” and 3U because they have pre-installation for 3 voltages, but these and 3UH for Barcelona only have fully installed 1.5 and 25 kV, only 3UA trains do have 3: 1.5 15 and 25 kV). They are also known as RGV 2N2 3UFC.
For the first time in France, first class passengers will be able to turn their seats to face the direction of travel.
Its maximum speed is 320 km/h and can only be reached in the new LGV (designed for 350) where there will be ETCS 2 (with software 2.3.0d) in addition to TVM300 for TGV Atlantique; It is quite possible (since 2017 it will be mandatory) to take advantage of the Duplex half-life reform to install ETCS. They could have put TVM430 in the LGV (there are 20 Atlantique that have it: 386/405), but they have not done it.

Since the inauguration of the new LGV SEA (South Europe Atlantique) and BPL (Bretagne Pays de la Loire) on 02/07/2017, the operating model announced by SNCF will be similar to that of the LGV PSE: Euroduplex and Duplex coupled from Paris, While the current TGV Atlantique (there are 93 but there will be 53) will be for domestic services outside of Paris: Nantes / Rennes - Bordeaux / Toulouse. The 24 Duplex (201/289) trains have half-life reform and the same interior of the 3UFC (556 seats) for Paris-Bordeaux and extensions. They have announced 27 Paris-Bordeaux and 6 Paris-Toulouse services. Also, as now, there will be some TGV Réseau for services from the North of Paris. Certainly the only train that does not circulate in double composition by the common trunk (Paris-Courtalain) is the Velaro e320 Eurostar (class 374) London-Bordeaux.

Taking advantage of the news, I update the current situation of the TGV parq according to my data (thanks corrections):

36 PSE (001/117) (1981/86): there will be 31 trains until 2024 (38 years) the rest will be withdraw shortly.
93 Atlantique (301/405) (1989/91): there will be 53 trains that will have Lacroix interior, the rest will be withdraw shortly. To: Nantes / Rennes - Bordeaux / Toulouse.
26 Réseau bicourant (501/550) (1993/96): have retired 2 trains recently.
27 Réseau tricourant (4501/4530) (1993/96): they stop doing the Thalys PBA.
19 Réseau-Duplex (601/619) (2006/08): they will have interior reform. New double-deck trailers with power-cars of TGV Réseau (tricourant: 613/615, rest: bicourant).
88 Duplex (201/289) (1996/2006): to Paris-Lyon. The rest, apart the 24 reform to Capacitaire (556 seats) for SEA, will have half-life reform. The trailers of 4 trains will be converted in Ouigo in 2016 (North and West) and others 4 in 2017 (West and East). The remnants of these patches I imagine will be trains 294/301.
49 Duplex Dasye (701/750) (2008/11): to North-Southeast. The power-cars of 8 trains will be Ouigo.
30 Euroduplex 3UA (4701/30) (2012/15): complete series since 11/02/2015. For Germany and Switzerland.
10 Euroduplex 3UH (801/810) (2013/14): to Barcelona.
15 Euroduplex 3UF (811/825) (2014/15): Luxemburg and Paris-Lyon-Marseille together with the Duplex.
05 Euroduplex 3UFC (851/890) (2016/19): there are 5 now, and since 02/07/2017 there will be 17 to SEA y BPL.
19 Eurostar Three Capitals sets (18 cars, 3201/3232) (1993) and North of London sets (14 cars, 3301/3314) (1995): the 7 London-Paris and 6 London-Paris-Avignon (1,5 kV) have just begun their renovation; and there are still 6 Paris-North that were going to retire in 2014. The 3 Paris-Lille-Tourcoing (3203, 3225 and 3227) are withdraw in 2015 with only 22 years of use.
15 Thalys PBA (4531/4540) and PBKA (4341/4346) (1981/86): Interior renovation and ETCS in 2008/09. The 4531 was reformed to be 4551 Réseau.
09 Lyria exPOS (4401/4419) (1981/86): to Paris-Lausanne/Bern. Completed interior renovation. Are TGV POS 3-voltage power-cars and refurbished TGV Réseau trailers. 4406 sold to SBB in 2007, another 9 in 2012.
101 withdraw: 73 PSE, 2,5 La Poste (3,5 if we count the exPSE 038), 12 Atlantique, 8 Réseau, 4 Eurostar, the Duplex 255 (fire damage) and the Dasye 744 by the accident in the tests of the LGV Est.
Total: 441 trainsets.

There are included the Ouigo from 2013: Dasye power-cars 721/724 and trailers Duplex 219/222 transformed into Ouigo 760/3. Power-cars 219/222 and trailers 721/724 are: 290/293.
With the same system will be transformed to Ouigo (634 seats) 4 trains in 2016 (North and West) and other 4 in 2017 (West and East).

Another 35 Euroduplex 3UFC are being manufactured and have just been awarded to Belfort: 6 Euroduplex Paris-Milan and 15 Euroduplex for Intercités Bordeaux-Marseille.

dimlys1994, PredyGr, parcdesprinces liked this post
Old December 30th, 2016, 01:07 PM   #1260
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17043

High speed Train (TGV, OUIGO) in France

Visit the New Jersey Section

dimlys1994, saintm liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
alstom, high speed train, tgv