daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 20th, 2017, 11:41 PM   #2541
jagea
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 39
Likes (Received): 18

Earth quake proof?
jagea no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2017, 12:00 AM   #2542
lovecities888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
No doubt, an the ticket sales would be as lucrative as the views are spectacular. Fortunately, of all after-the-fact changes to that can be made to a tower, adding an observation deck is among the simplest (just look at US Bank Tower, which announced, planned and opened one in no time). It would surprise me if there wasn't one by 2025.
If all the floors are occupied with companies and such, where will they find the room though?
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 12:35 AM   #2543
potipoti
El de los aurones
 
potipoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 8,667
Likes (Received): 13266

Salesforce Tower by Jef Poskanzer, en Flickr
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 03:02 AM   #2544
cnbnca
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 216
Likes (Received): 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
No doubt, an the ticket sales would be as lucrative as the views are spectacular. Fortunately, of all after-the-fact changes to that can be made to a tower, adding an observation deck is among the simplest (just look at US Bank Tower, which announced, planned and opened one in no time). It would surprise me if there wasn't one by 2025.
I disagree, and it certainly would not be "simple". An observation deck would need it's on set of elevators (or at least one), and it would need a separate tower entrance, separate from the offices of Salesforce, which are occupying the entire tower. That would be a lot of change in a fully occupied office environment. You also have to consider building security. It is also known that Mark Benioff will occupy the top floor as his office. Not sure if he will trade that for an observation deck :-) I would predict that an observation deck will never happen as long as Salesforce is a viable, successful company and residing in this tower.
cnbnca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 09:43 AM   #2545
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man
 
TICONLA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles/Venice
Posts: 822
Likes (Received): 121

All of the view from the top photos are spactacular, thanks for posting them, i was reminded by one of them, a scene in the Movie "Freebe and the bean" filmed in 1974-5, in the scene, the cops,(James Caan, Alan Arkin) are questioning a suspect on the counterweight side of a tower crane, that is building the Bechtal Tower, swinging back and fourth over Market St. it offers a vintage reflection of the San Francisco skyline in it's later beginning, Two other films from that period, and a third, also offer great vintage glimpses of the past, "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen, (1968) a quick shot of the Bank of America tower under construction, and of course" Dirty Harry" with Clint Eastwood, (1970) assending B of A tower, and crossing its roof with the Market St / Embarcadero panoramic sweep, (i believe the Alcoa building is going up in that one) and other suprises,

The third one is very sentimental to me, "The French connection" with Gene Hackman, (1973) has two Brooklyn waterfront shots, with the entire lower Manhatten skyline in the background, and the World Trade Center towers nearing topout, (South tower following North, by 20 or so floors,) watching them rise, (I was in high school then) was one of my inspirations in my study of mechanical/structural engineering,
__________________
"The last of the true industrialists" !!!!!

Neutral! liked this post
TICONLA1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 01:40 AM   #2546
FiscalYam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 5

is there an ETA when it'll be topped out?
FiscalYam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 02:37 AM   #2547
CCs77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 2436

Cool pictures.
Transamerica seen from above...


Quote:
Originally Posted by potipoti View Post
__________________

WhiteGerbera, raider12 liked this post
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:51 AM   #2548
CityTrip
Registered User
 
CityTrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: City by the Bay
Posts: 182
Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICONLA1 View Post
All of the view from the top photos are spactacular, thanks for posting them, i was reminded by one of them, a scene in the Movie "Freebe and the bean" filmed in 1974-5, in the scene, the cops,(James Caan, Alan Arkin) are questioning a suspect on the counterweight side of a tower crane, that is building the Bechtal Tower, swinging back and fourth over Market St. it offers a vintage reflection of the San Francisco skyline in it's later beginning, Two other films from that period, and a third, also offer great vintage glimpses of the past, "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen, (1968) a quick shot of the Bank of America tower under construction, and of course" Dirty Harry" with Clint Eastwood, (1970) assending B of A tower, and crossing its roof with the Market St / Embarcadero panoramic sweep, (i believe the Alcoa building is going up in that one) and other suprises,

The third one is very sentimental to me, "The French connection" with Gene Hackman, (1973) has two Brooklyn waterfront shots, with the entire lower Manhatten skyline in the background, and the World Trade Center towers nearing topout, (South tower following North, by 20 or so floors,) watching them rise, (I was in high school then) was one of my inspirations in my study of mechanical/structural engineering,
There was a movie that came out about 5 or 10 years ago about the Zodiac Killer, I forgot the name, but it had some great shots of the Transamerica building when it was being constructed back in the 70's I think.
CityTrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:00 AM   #2549
Urbanista1
Here and Now
 
Urbanista1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,426
Likes (Received): 5284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis-Bangkok View Post
January 15, 2017

Salesforce Tower at Sunset by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

San Francisco by Luc albarede, on Flickr
amazing skyline, so many layers and to think that some of those buildings survived the great earthquake over hundred years ago. stunning!
__________________
ten rząd wstrząsa podstawami naszej państwowości i funkcjonowania społeczeństwa. Natomiast większość społeczeństwa śpi, nie zwraca uwagi, co się dzieje i trzeba je z tego snu obudzić - Piotr S


Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

Munwon, Druid4ever, baronson, Zaz965 liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 09:22 AM   #2550
OakRidge
Registered User
 
OakRidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: El Camino Real - California
Posts: 693
Likes (Received): 1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityTrip View Post
There was a movie that came out about 5 or 10 years ago about the Zodiac Killer, I forgot the name, but it had some great shots of the Transamerica building when it was being constructed back in the 70's I think.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_(film)

__________________
"I had my back to the light and my face was turned towards
the things which it illumined, so that my eyes, by which I
saw the things which stood in the light, were themselves
in darkness." - Confessions (Book IV), Augustine of Hippo

"Laws are made for these reasons: that human wickedness
may be restrained through fear of their execution; that the
lives of innocent men may be safe among criminals; and
that the temptation to commit wrong may be restrained by
the fear of punishment." - The Visigothic Code (Book I, Title II, Part V)

raider12, The-E-Vid liked this post
OakRidge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:35 PM   #2551
FiscalYam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 12
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakRidge View Post
Is this scene real shots or CGI? I know the introduction shot where it pans up and to the ferry building/embarcadero freeway and those under construction shots were CG
FiscalYam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:50 AM   #2552
TheIllinoisan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 414
Likes (Received): 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityTrip View Post
There was a movie that came out about 5 or 10 years ago about the Zodiac Killer, I forgot the name, but it had some great shots of the Transamerica building when it was being constructed back in the 70's I think.
Yea that was neat, but it was all CGI. The older movies listed by the previous poster are the real deal.
TheIllinoisan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 10:38 AM   #2553
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 15,723
Likes (Received): 50833

January 22, 2017

IMG_4360 by edward stojakovic, on Flickr
__________________
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:43 AM   #2554
SSMEX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 109
Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbnca View Post
I disagree, and it certainly would not be "simple". An observation deck would need it's on set of elevators (or at least one), and it would need a separate tower entrance, separate from the offices of Salesforce, which are occupying the entire tower. That would be a lot of change in a fully occupied office environment. You also have to consider building security. It is also known that Mark Benioff will occupy the top floor as his office. Not sure if he will trade that for an observation deck :-) I would predict that an observation deck will never happen as long as Salesforce is a viable, successful company and residing in this tower.
Salesforce is only leasing the bottom half of the building, plus the top floor (3-30 + 61), and doesn't own the building so it's up to developer to decide.
__________________

MarshallKnight liked this post
SSMEX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:30 AM   #2555
potipoti
El de los aurones
 
potipoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 8,667
Likes (Received): 13266

SalesForce Tower by sctcroft, en Flickr
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 06:17 PM   #2556
ToTheTopNow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 33
Likes (Received): 14

Very beautiful. Lucky SF.
ToTheTopNow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 02:51 AM   #2557
raider12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 449
Likes (Received): 128

what is the other one going up to the left of Rincon in the pic that lucaberede took?
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:04 AM   #2558
SF1977
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 272
Likes (Received): 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider12 View Post
what is the other one going up to the left of Rincon in the pic that lucaberede took?

That's 33 Tehama -



Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1634832
__________________

WhiteGerbera liked this post
SF1977 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #2559
Amecurty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 279
Likes (Received): 242

Only now realized that the spire of 181 Fremont is up already.
Amecurty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 12:56 AM   #2560
raider12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 449
Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF1977 View Post
That's 33 Tehama -
thanks
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
salesforce tower, salesforce.com, san francisco, supertall, transbay, transbay tower

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu