daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 20th, 2017, 11:41 PM   #2541
jagea

Likes (Received): 18

Earth quake proof?
jagea no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2017, 12:00 AM   #2542
lovecities888

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
No doubt, an the ticket sales would be as lucrative as the views are spectacular. Fortunately, of all after-the-fact changes to that can be made to a tower, adding an observation deck is among the simplest (just look at US Bank Tower, which announced, planned and opened one in no time). It would surprise me if there wasn't one by 2025.
If all the floors are occupied with companies and such, where will they find the room though?
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 12:35 AM   #2543
potipoti
El de los aurones

Likes (Received): 13266

Salesforce Tower by Jef Poskanzer, en Flickr
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 03:02 AM   #2544
cnbnca

Likes (Received): 237

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
No doubt, an the ticket sales would be as lucrative as the views are spectacular. Fortunately, of all after-the-fact changes to that can be made to a tower, adding an observation deck is among the simplest (just look at US Bank Tower, which announced, planned and opened one in no time). It would surprise me if there wasn't one by 2025.
I disagree, and it certainly would not be "simple". An observation deck would need it's on set of elevators (or at least one), and it would need a separate tower entrance, separate from the offices of Salesforce, which are occupying the entire tower. That would be a lot of change in a fully occupied office environment. You also have to consider building security. It is also known that Mark Benioff will occupy the top floor as his office. Not sure if he will trade that for an observation deck :-) I would predict that an observation deck will never happen as long as Salesforce is a viable, successful company and residing in this tower.
cnbnca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2017, 09:43 AM   #2545
TICONLA1
Hirise Piping Man

Likes (Received): 121

All of the view from the top photos are spactacular, thanks for posting them, i was reminded by one of them, a scene in the Movie "Freebe and the bean" filmed in 1974-5, in the scene, the cops,(James Caan, Alan Arkin) are questioning a suspect on the counterweight side of a tower crane, that is building the Bechtal Tower, swinging back and fourth over Market St. it offers a vintage reflection of the San Francisco skyline in it's later beginning, Two other films from that period, and a third, also offer great vintage glimpses of the past, "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen, (1968) a quick shot of the Bank of America tower under construction, and of course" Dirty Harry" with Clint Eastwood, (1970) assending B of A tower, and crossing its roof with the Market St / Embarcadero panoramic sweep, (i believe the Alcoa building is going up in that one) and other suprises,

The third one is very sentimental to me, "The French connection" with Gene Hackman, (1973) has two Brooklyn waterfront shots, with the entire lower Manhatten skyline in the background, and the World Trade Center towers nearing topout, (South tower following North, by 20 or so floors,) watching them rise, (I was in high school then) was one of my inspirations in my study of mechanical/structural engineering,

Neutral! liked this post
TICONLA1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 01:40 AM   #2546
FiscalYam

Likes (Received): 5

is there an ETA when it'll be topped out?
FiscalYam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 02:37 AM   #2547
CCs77

Likes (Received): 2436

Cool pictures.
Transamerica seen from above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potipoti View Post

WhiteGerbera, raider12 liked this post
CCs77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 06:51 AM   #2548
CityTrip

Likes (Received): 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TICONLA1 View Post
All of the view from the top photos are spactacular, thanks for posting them, i was reminded by one of them, a scene in the Movie "Freebe and the bean" filmed in 1974-5, in the scene, the cops,(James Caan, Alan Arkin) are questioning a suspect on the counterweight side of a tower crane, that is building the Bechtal Tower, swinging back and fourth over Market St. it offers a vintage reflection of the San Francisco skyline in it's later beginning, Two other films from that period, and a third, also offer great vintage glimpses of the past, "Bullitt" with Steve McQueen, (1968) a quick shot of the Bank of America tower under construction, and of course" Dirty Harry" with Clint Eastwood, (1970) assending B of A tower, and crossing its roof with the Market St / Embarcadero panoramic sweep, (i believe the Alcoa building is going up in that one) and other suprises,

The third one is very sentimental to me, "The French connection" with Gene Hackman, (1973) has two Brooklyn waterfront shots, with the entire lower Manhatten skyline in the background, and the World Trade Center towers nearing topout, (South tower following North, by 20 or so floors,) watching them rise, (I was in high school then) was one of my inspirations in my study of mechanical/structural engineering,
There was a movie that came out about 5 or 10 years ago about the Zodiac Killer, I forgot the name, but it had some great shots of the Transamerica building when it was being constructed back in the 70's I think.
CityTrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:00 AM   #2549
Urbanista1
Here and Now

Likes (Received): 5284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis-Bangkok View Post
January 15, 2017

Salesforce Tower at Sunset by Apollo's Light, on Flickr

San Francisco by Luc albarede, on Flickr
amazing skyline, so many layers and to think that some of those buildings survived the great earthquake over hundred years ago. stunning!

Warsaw Post-War Reconstruction to Present

Munwon, Druid4ever, baronson, Zaz965 liked this post
Urbanista1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 09:22 AM   #2550
OakRidge

Likes (Received): 1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityTrip View Post
There was a movie that came out about 5 or 10 years ago about the Zodiac Killer, I forgot the name, but it had some great shots of the Transamerica building when it was being constructed back in the 70's I think.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_(film)

in darkness." - Confessions (Book IV), Augustine of Hippo

"Laws are made for these reasons: that human wickedness
may be restrained through fear of their execution; that the
lives of innocent men may be safe among criminals; and
that the temptation to commit wrong may be restrained by
the fear of punishment." - The Visigothic Code (Book I, Title II, Part V)

raider12, The-E-Vid liked this post
OakRidge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:35 PM   #2551
FiscalYam

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OakRidge View Post
Is this scene real shots or CGI? I know the introduction shot where it pans up and to the ferry building/embarcadero freeway and those under construction shots were CG
FiscalYam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 12:50 AM   #2552
TheIllinoisan

Likes (Received): 539

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityTrip View Post
Yea that was neat, but it was all CGI. The older movies listed by the previous poster are the real deal.
TheIllinoisan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2017, 10:38 AM   #2553
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!

Likes (Received): 50833

January 22, 2017

IMG_4360 by edward stojakovic, on Flickr
Old January 24th, 2017, 04:43 AM   #2554
SSMEX

Likes (Received): 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnbnca View Post
I disagree, and it certainly would not be "simple". An observation deck would need it's on set of elevators (or at least one), and it would need a separate tower entrance, separate from the offices of Salesforce, which are occupying the entire tower. That would be a lot of change in a fully occupied office environment. You also have to consider building security. It is also known that Mark Benioff will occupy the top floor as his office. Not sure if he will trade that for an observation deck :-) I would predict that an observation deck will never happen as long as Salesforce is a viable, successful company and residing in this tower.
Salesforce is only leasing the bottom half of the building, plus the top floor (3-30 + 61), and doesn't own the building so it's up to developer to decide.

MarshallKnight liked this post
SSMEX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 11:30 AM   #2555
potipoti
El de los aurones

Likes (Received): 13266

SalesForce Tower by sctcroft, en Flickr
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2017, 06:17 PM   #2556
ToTheTopNow

Likes (Received): 14

Very beautiful. Lucky SF.
ToTheTopNow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 02:51 AM   #2557
raider12

Likes (Received): 128

what is the other one going up to the left of Rincon in the pic that lucaberede took?
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:04 AM   #2558
SF1977

Likes (Received): 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider12 View Post
what is the other one going up to the left of Rincon in the pic that lucaberede took?

That's 33 Tehama -

Thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1634832

WhiteGerbera liked this post
SF1977 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2017, 05:09 PM   #2559
Amecurty

Likes (Received): 242

Only now realized that the spire of 181 Fremont is up already.
Amecurty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2017, 12:56 AM   #2560
raider12

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF1977 View Post
That's 33 Tehama -
thanks
raider12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
salesforce tower, salesforce.com, san francisco, supertall, transbay, transbay tower