daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 26th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #261
choyak

Likes (Received): 19

SOM is definately the one that needs to go there, the terminal is excellent. The rogers weird park is really cool, but the LEED certification will not be achieved because of the usage of electricity on the escalators to get to the park!!!

The Rogers tower is definately unique. It would be absolutely exceptional if it was built in Frankfurt!!! it would compliment the Commerzbank tower. Even build in Minneapolis next to this

Courtesy CitiesArchitecture.com
(225 South Sixth??)
Sort of similar to Westend Strasse #1 in Frankfurt!!

sorry my PC arbibooted. I am using Vista (too sad for me)

Last edited by choyak; August 26th, 2007 at 11:41 PM.
choyak no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:45 AM   #262
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by choyak View Post
The Rogers tower is definately unique.
If you were complimenting the tower you uploaded the shot of, then I'd disagree. It's a bulky remake of the slim, broad version opened at the dawn of the 90s here in Montreal.

I'm just writing that somewhere famous like Frisco has no need for either trashy designs or height, it simply already has too much to be going ahead and banking on crud like what I keep seeing being posted as though that city there has sometime recently become the knackered horse that everybody here seems to want to turn it into.

Are you now following me?
trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:11 AM   #263
mistermonorail

Likes (Received): 121

permanent cranes

For those of you that don't like differing opinions, stop reading. If Rogers design is selected and built, I think people will look at it and ask "when will it be finished?" I think they'll say that years after it's done! Why? To me it looks like a structure with red construction cranes permanently attached to it. Since I'll have to look at whatever they build for the rest of my life, no question, SOM is incredible. It puts 'Freedom Tower' to shame. Again, one man's opinion...don't freak out!
mistermonorail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #264
choyak

Likes (Received): 19

To Trainrover:

I know that Le 1250 Boulevard René-Lévesque and 225 South Sixth were both finished in 1992 and Westend Strasse #1 in 1993 both are done by Kohn Peterson Fox
225 South Sixth is by Pei Cob Freed (LA US Bank Tower)

So the Frankfurt one and Montreal one are definately related.

Minneapolis cannot be a remake since they were basically finished at the same year!

and aren't 'slim' and 'broad' antonyms?
choyak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #265
trainrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by choyak View Post
and aren't 'slim' and 'broad' antonyms?
Depends which entrance of le 1250 one would consider to be the front one, and especially more so if you were to come and go by its basement entrance connecting to station Bonaventure -- slim depth with broad face, or broad depth with slim face; whichever way one slices it . . .

And please, never infer LA into the same sentence with Montréal with me, coz I don't like the former, which is wholly suburban in nature while the latter's utterly urban . . .

Last edited by trainrover; August 27th, 2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #266
romanamerican

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainrover View Post
Depends which entrance of le 1250 one would consider to be the front one, and especially more so if you were to come and go by its basement entrance connecting to station Bonaventure -- slim depth with broad face, or broad depth with slim face; whichever way one slices it . . .

And please, never infer LA into the same sentence with Montréal with me, coz I don't like the former, which is wholly suburban in nature while the latter's utterly urban . . .
Please correct me ifI'm wrong: you don't like LA?

Because I woud't put them in the same sentence because montreal can be considered a town, not a city next to LA.

Not to mention the engineering disaster like the building built for the olimpics it crashed when it rained?snowed. embarrasing....

BTW, I really hope they will build the SOM project, unique...
romanamerican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #267
trainrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanamerican View Post
Please correct me ifI'm wrong: you don't like LA?
Ooo, it writes in Amglish

Quote:
Because I woud't put them in the same sentence because montreal can be considered a town, not a city next to LA.
You don't travel much do you, or does LA's incessant suburban constitution substitute for 'getting around' (the world)? LA dwellers have a nasty habit of coming across as one of the most immature westerner to be found in the world. Yep, immaturity's never sat well with me . . .

Quote:
Not to mention the engineering disaster like the building built for the olimpics it crashed when it rained?snowed. embarrasing....
Wake up! or have simply forgotten our two's worth, neither one being older than 12 months' old? Nonetheless, the circumstances here do beat the state of impending natural disasters that LA dwellers are overly (I think) keen to flock to . . .

Quote:
BTW, I really hope they will build the SOM project, unique...
Like I've just implied writing you here, you really need to get out more (rather than hide from your popgun-toting neighbours right outside yer front doors there . . .)

At this rate, it looks like nobody'll be able to elevate LA to Montreal's stature. I was there numerous times, hence let me remind you what a blight your 'burb was each one.
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #268
mistermonorail

Likes (Received): 121

Funny, I thought this thread was supposed to be about the Transbay tower proposals for San Francisco?
mistermonorail no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #269
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

Yeah, take it to Skybar
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #270
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Likes (Received): 2002

Quote:
At this rate, it looks like nobody'll be able to elevate LA to Montreal's stature. I was there numerous times, hence let me remind you what a blight your 'burb was each one.
You sound like you may be from Montreal. Don't mess with L. A., french-fry, and learn the proper syntax of a language before you try to speak or type it. French bread! Now, let's get back to San Francisco's supertalls. Croissant!

Last edited by milquetoast; August 28th, 2007 at 03:22 PM.
milquetoast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:04 PM   #271
romanamerican

Quote:
Ooo, it writes in Amglish

You don't travel much do you, or does LA's incessant suburban constitution substitute for 'getting around' (the world)? LA dwellers have a nasty habit of coming across as one of the most immature westerner to be found in the world. Yep, immaturity's never sat well with me . . .

Wake up! or have simply forgotten our two's worth, neither one being older than 12 months' old? Nonetheless, the circumstances here do beat the state of impending natural disasters that LA dwellers are overly (I think) keen to flock to . . .

Like I've just implied writing you here, you really need to get out more (rather than hide from your popgun-toting neighbours right outside yer front doors there . . .)

I don't travel much? don't know where you have been, but I've visitid most of Europe, United States, and have gone also (unfortunately) to Canada.
So I have been to Montreal, and personally I think it is a nice city (?) but nowhere near LA.

P.S. Personally I think you have more copies there in Montreal than there era in Vegas ( com on, I just couldn't believe it you did a smaller version of Saint Peters basilica ... so sad...).

O, and by the way: I don't live in LA nor in California, nor in America. I'm from Rome, Italy, so try not to talk about things you don't know (like where I live, but I think that it can be extended also to other many things )
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #272
trainrover

Well, what else is one to think reading the moniker romanamerican.

I made my points (and simply believed they'd get left at that).
Old August 29th, 2007, 07:18 PM   #273
trainrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
You sound like you may be from Montreal. Don't mess with L. A., french-fry, and learn the proper syntax of a language before you try to speak or type it. French bread! Now, let's get back to San Francisco's supertalls. Croissant!
Hmmmm, is this really the extent of your out-lipping me? Boy, you really need to get your sorry self into a city sometime, little buddy -- cheesh -- -- Montréalais and Montrealers alike are far too slick to embark on mucking around ("mess with") with have-nots. You don't understand how here sets much of the tone on the continent, do you (e.g., our small yet burgeoning film industry out-matched Hollywood's decades ago, coz over the past few years and with much interest I've been reading how national governments the world over are outlawing US film-industry incursions into their respective cultures, while here just keeps getting further and further praised heaped upon it)?

Go ahead, demote your Frisco with your (must be small-dicked) puny supertalls . . . be your guest! ha ha

Last edited by trainrover; August 29th, 2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old August 29th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #274
phillybud

Likes (Received): 35

San Francisco Open Your Golden Gates!

Hooray for San Francisco! A gorgeous skyline is going to get even better!
Old August 29th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #275
Muse
Supernature

Most of the new towers in San Fran's boom are glass. The skyline really needed it IMHO. To much beige and brown for far too long, and this is the sort of tower that is going to change all that.
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:10 PM   #276
trainrover

(Yawns {yet again}.)
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #277
romanamerican

Quote:
Hmmmm, is this really the extent of your out-lipping me? Boy, you really need to get your sorry self into a city sometime, little buddy -- cheesh -- -- Montréalais and Montrealers alike are far too slick to embark on mucking around ("mess with") with have-nots. You don't understand how here sets much of the tone on the continent, do you (e.g., our small yet burgeoning film industry out-matched Hollywood's decades ago, coz over the past few years and with much interest I've been reading how national governments the world over are outlawing US film-industry incursions into their respective cultures, while here just keeps getting further and further praised heaped upon it)?

Go ahead, demote your Frisco with your (must be small-dicked) puny supertalls . . . be your guest! ha ha
To true, infact when you see the top movies ever seen in history, or in any year fr the past 50 years, they are not Hollywood movies, no, not at all, they are all made in montreal!!!!
BUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

P.S. sorry for all these off topics, but some comments are just so funny...
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #278
Muse
Supernature

How did we get to talk about film-making in Montreal? Geez.

Quote:
(Yawns {yet again}.)
What are you on about? Oh, don't worry

Last edited by Muse; August 29th, 2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #279
CanadianNational

Likes (Received): 0

I'm a big fan of the SOM proposal - though the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the pattern on the doors of the Chrysler Building's elevators.

A fantastic building - it manages to be absolutely monumental and somewhat ethereal, all at the same time. Very special, very 'San Francisco' to me.
CanadianNational no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:45 PM   #280
DiscoPiratePolarBear

Likes (Received): 1

The SOM design animations are amazing.

http://www.som.com/content.cfm/transbay_animations

I don't care where this is built it just has to be built.
DiscoPiratePolarBear no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
salesforce tower, salesforce.com, san francisco, supertall, transbay, transbay tower