daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 27th, 2017, 10:20 AM   #3221
Oasis-Bangkok
From Zero to Hero !!
 
Oasis-Bangkok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 15,717
Likes (Received): 50800

July 26, 2017



Untitled by jen&co, on Flickr



Untitled by jen&co, on Flickr
__________________

phohien, Munwon, gaab1972, Zaz965 liked this post
Oasis-Bangkok no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2017, 05:53 PM   #3222
phohien
Registered User
 
phohien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 509
Likes (Received): 108

Announcing Salesforce Transit Center and Salesforce Park!

We’re excited to announce that Salesforce and the Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) have formally agreed to rename the Transbay Transit Center the Salesforce Transit Center. Scheduled to open in Spring 2018, the Salesforce Transit Center is a visionary transportation project topped with a rooftop park that will be named Salesforce Park and be available for the entire community to enjoy. Located adjacent to Salesforce Tower and just across the street from Salesforce East and Salesforce West, this state-of-the-art transportation hub — the "Grand Central Station of the West" — will connect 8 Bay Area counties and the state of California through 11 transportation systems, including the future high speed rail from San Francisco to Los Angeles.


Rendering by Pelli Clark Pelli, courtesy of the TJPA


Source: https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2017...alesforce-park
__________________
phohien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 08:53 PM   #3223
lovecities888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by phohien View Post
Announcing Salesforce Transit Center and Salesforce Park!

We’re excited to announce that Salesforce and the Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) have formally agreed to rename the Transbay Transit Center the Salesforce Transit Center. Scheduled to open in Spring 2018, the Salesforce Transit Center is a visionary transportation project topped with a rooftop park that will be named Salesforce Park and be available for the entire community to enjoy. Located adjacent to Salesforce Tower and just across the street from Salesforce East and Salesforce West, this state-of-the-art transportation hub — the "Grand Central Station of the West" — will connect 8 Bay Area counties and the state of California through 11 transportation systems, including the future high speed rail from San Francisco to Los Angeles.


Rendering by Pelli Clark Pelli, courtesy of the TJPA


Source: https://www.salesforce.com/blog/2017...alesforce-park
I can't wait for this building to open. Too bad it is delayed. Originally, they said it would open in Dec of this year.
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2017, 11:10 PM   #3224
phohien
Registered User
 
phohien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 509
Likes (Received): 108

I think December is for Transit Terminal.
They are working on the clock to open on time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecities888 View Post
I can't wait for this building to open. Too bad it is delayed. Originally, they said it would open in Dec of this year.
phohien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 12:44 AM   #3225
lovecities888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by phohien View Post
I think December is for Transit Terminal.
They are working on the clock to open on time.
Now, I have read and heard that it won't be open on time. It now won't be opened until next Spring.
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 11:14 AM   #3226
potipoti
El de los aurones
 
potipoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 8,667
Likes (Received): 13256

by @murtagh_danny







potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2017, 11:11 PM   #3227
The-E-Vid
Politically Incorrect
 
The-E-Vid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,219
Likes (Received): 789

Wow, Carl the Fog never fails to impress
__________________

j-biz liked this post
The-E-Vid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2017, 07:13 AM   #3228
Urbanity mania
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 14
Likes (Received): 8

I love the SF skyline. This imo is tied with lower manhattan as the 2nd best skyline due to the density as well as the street level activity. I'm kinda sad that Transamerica Pyramid is no longer the tallest building but Salesgorce Tower is a beautiful building and great addition.
Of course midtown manhattan is the greatest skyline in the world by far, but I think San Franciscos' skyline has the edge over Chicago's loop/miracle mile and is right up there with lower manhattan.
__________________

Last edited by Urbanity mania; July 30th, 2017 at 09:26 PM.
Urbanity mania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 01:15 AM   #3229
lovecities888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Likes (Received): 188

Well, he is here all summer long every year.
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 01:32 AM   #3230
lovecities888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanity mania View Post
I love the SF skyline. This imo is tied with lower manhattan as the 2nd best skyline due to the density as well as the street level activity. I'm kinda sad that Transamerica Pyramid is no longer the tallest building but Salesgorce Tower is a beautiful building and great addition.
Of course midtown manhattan is the greatest skyline in the world by far, but I think San Franciscos' skyline has the edge over Chicago's loop/miracle mile and is right up there with lower manhattan.
No, I think Chicago's skyline still beats SF's due to the number of total tall buildings on the skyline as well as the designs of the buildings built. But, I'll take a bay over a lake. Lol! It is debatable if Miami's skyline is better than SF's too. The greatest skyline in the world might be Hong Kong's. Some of the other Asian cities like Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Dubai are giving Manhattan a run for its money. Also, I'm still a little pissed that they didn't make the Transamerica Pyramid over 1k feet tall. They should have in the first place.
__________________

SJM, kunming tiger, Zaz965 liked this post
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 02:13 AM   #3231
Crudowns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 1

Any idea when the crown will be fully enclosed? Seems to be taking along time.
Crudowns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 03:50 AM   #3232
lovecities888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crudowns View Post
Any idea when the crown will be fully enclosed? Seems to be taking along time.
I'm hearing that the building won't be completed until Oct or Nov. and open either in Dec or early next year.
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 10:38 AM   #3233
potipoti
El de los aurones
 
potipoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 8,667
Likes (Received): 13256

Salesforce Tower by Alexander Kozik, en Flickr
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2017, 09:08 PM   #3234
Crudowns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 1

LoveCities888 - Interesting. I thought I read in an earlier thread that the exterior (including the crown) were to be completed around this time.
Crudowns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 11:13 AM   #3235
potipoti
El de los aurones
 
potipoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 8,667
Likes (Received): 13256


@in_a_golden_state_of_mind
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2017, 08:56 PM   #3236
lovecities888
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 333
Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crudowns View Post
LoveCities888 - Interesting. I thought I read in an earlier thread that the exterior (including the crown) were to be completed around this time.
Well, I guess there are usually delays for construction work in SF. That is how it is in SF.
lovecities888 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 06:30 AM   #3237
kunming tiger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: kunming
Posts: 7,029
Likes (Received): 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecities888 View Post
No, I think Chicago's skyline still beats SF's due to the number of total tall buildings on the skyline as well as the designs of the buildings built. But, I'll take a bay over a lake. Lol! It is debatable if Miami's skyline is better than SF's too. The greatest skyline in the world might be Hong Kong's. Some of the other Asian cities like Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Dubai are giving Manhattan a run for its money. Also, I'm still a little pissed that they didn't make the Transamerica Pyramid over 1k feet tall. They should have in the first place.
Agree with the last point about adding 1 k to the height, 2k would be even better.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 08:18 AM   #3238
Zaz965
Temer Out!
 
Zaz965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: CCCP
Posts: 2,987
Likes (Received): 26017

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecities888 View Post
! It is debatable if Miami's skyline is better than SF's too. The .
miami buildings have too many balconies
__________________

djole13 liked this post
Zaz965 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 10:57 AM   #3239
potipoti
El de los aurones
 
potipoti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madrid
Posts: 8,667
Likes (Received): 13256


@heywilliamhey
potipoti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2017, 02:48 PM   #3240
The seventh shape
Master of his domain
 
The seventh shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,357
Likes (Received): 821

[QUOTE=phohien;141447266][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Black"]




Has anyone information on the 'ghost' tower on the right?
__________________

WhiteGerbera liked this post
The seventh shape no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
salesforce tower, salesforce.com, san francisco, supertall, transbay, transbay tower

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu