daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 5th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #41
Thermo

Likes (Received): 4192

Does anyone have a map of all high speed lines in the EU?
Thermo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #42
Napo
Personaggetto User

Likes (Received): 6416

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablue View Post
What are you talking about -- Italy will have many beautiful new HSR stations, new HS trains and is constructing many new lines at the moment...do your homework before putting down Italy..

Any italians here want to show these poor fools what you are developing and what is planned? Please do.
New stations for high speed trains

Napoli-Afragola (under construction)

Torino-PortaSusa with a skyscraper of 100 m (under construction)

Roma-Tiburtina (the construction will begin time soon)

Firenze-Belfiore (under development)

The Italian High Speed train is the ETR500 (built in Italy by an italian company, AnsaldoBreda, with technologies developed in Italy, not like in Spain, whose high velocity trains are constructed by French (Alstom) and Germans (Siemens) companies, with French and German technologies, not spanish.)

Future HS Lines in Italy

Napo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #43
frozen

Likes (Received):

[QUOTE=Napo;11164000]New stations for high speed trains

The Italian High Speed train is the ETR500 (built in Italy by an italian company, AnsaldoBreda, with technologies developed in Italy, not like in Spain, whose high velocity trains are constructed by French (Alstom) and Germans (Siemens) companies, with French and German technologies, not spanish.)

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE=GENIUS LOCI;10255717]New ETR.600 Alstom out of the factory

"High-Speed Railways in Spain
Spain is rapidly expanding its high-speed rail service, becoming one of most connected countries in the world. As the high- speed rail network grows, Spanish companies continue to innovate and provide new services and products at lower prices to meet the world’s growing demand. This is the fourth in an eight-part series highlighting new technologies in Spain and is produced by Technology Review, Inc.’s custom-publishing division in partnership with the Trade Commission of Spain.

By Cynthia Graber"

http://www.technologyreview.com/micr...ain/index.aspx

"...The term “high-speed rail” does not refer to a particular type of train but, rather, simply to the speeds it can attain. Today most high-speed trains are electric, though diesel trains, incorporating newer technology, have been able to reach similar speeds. For instance, the Spanish company Talgo has a diesel train that reached 250 kilometers per hour in testing, though its trains purchased for systems around the world remain electric..."

Could you accept the reality instead of lying, please?
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #44
HiRyu

Likes (Received): 1

SORRY, REPEATED POST

Last edited by HiRyu; January 5th, 2007 at 06:57 PM.
HiRyu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #45
HiRyu

[QUOTE=Napo;11164000]New stations for high speed trains

QUOTE]

Poor you, you write but you don't know anything at all. Do you know TALGO? you can see pics of its trains up here posted by Bitxofo. TALGO is Spanish company with Spanish Technology and its trains are much more impressive than italian ones how you can see
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #46
Napo
Personaggetto User

Forezen, the italian high speed train is the ETR500 built by AnsaldoBreda!!!!
The Alstom ETR600 is a new pendolino.

Yes HIRyu, i know Talgo, and I konw the (not) spanish high velocity trains:

by Alstom (a copy of TGV)
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #47
Napo
Personaggetto User

Frozen, the italian high speed train is the ETR500 built by AnsaldoBreda!!!!
The Alstom ETR600 is a new pendolino.

Yes HIRyu, i know Talgo, and I konw the (not) spanish high velocity trains:

by Alstom (a copy of TGV)

Hola
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #48
amagaldu
Registered (trade) User

Likes (Received): 61

please guys whether spanish or italian can you please, please, please stop with this fight..? you are ruining this interesting tread..

I think the mods should delete all these posts which are not related to the subject which is New HSL in Spain..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo View Post
Does anyone have a map of all high speed lines in the EU?
yes Thermo, I think you are dutch, aren´t you..?

in that thread you can find few ones and links to other pages..

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=420528
amagaldu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:57 PM   #49
HiRyu

aha, so in Spain there're spanish technology trains and trains with french or german technology too... so where's the problem?? If you want to talk about Italian trains, please open a new thread and dont ruin this, thank you
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #50
frozen

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagaldu View Post
please guys whether spanish or italian can you please, please, please stop with this fight..? you are ruining this interesting tread..

I think the mods should delete all these posts which are not related to the subject which is New HSL in Spain..

yes Thermo, I think you are dutch, aren´t you..?

in that thread you can find few ones and links to other pages..

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=420528
There is no fight here. Napo says that italian trains are made in Italian and i just show him that it was false.

Besides, he said that spanish train were all strangers and that's not true, so i write the link explaining about Talgo trains but he didnt notice yet.

But, i dont care, finally the spanish high speed is developing right now and we will see the results.

i'm going to load again any images about spanish tecnology (Cause this thread IS ABOUT SPANISH HSL, not from italy):

CAF is spanish mark too:

Another spanish design:

Spanish companies have developed tilting technologies, helping trains navigate curves in the line with greater speed, comfort and safety.
[IMG]
http://www.technologyreview.com/microsites/spain/train/player/train/images/slideshow6.gif[/IMG]

Spanish design too:

Spanish alvia:

Countries like Finland, Belgium, UK, USA or Italy, have adquired spanish tecnology

Last edited by frozen; January 5th, 2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #51
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Great to see how the Italians have ruined this thread.

You wanna talk about your great looking tains and stations, open another thread.

Spare us the crap
DonQui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM   #52
aquablue
BANNED

Likes (Received): 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by matherto View Post
"will have" "new" "constructing"

all points for the future, this guy was talking about his past experiences, learn to read before you try and defend something which clearly was a problem in his opinion.

I visited Venice and wasn't impressed on the whole with the city, went to the train station to have a look around, the architecture and overall scale of the place was nice, but it was dirty and the trains were late just as the guy said
you may not be impressed with Venice, but its certaintly one hell of a lot more intersting than Liverpool, and not as grimy -- at least it isn't ruined by countless ugly post war buildings in the historic center or brutalist concrete monstrosities...

The trains in Italy In my experience were great -- on time and fast ... much much better than those silly UK railways
aquablue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:24 PM   #53
aquablue
BANNED

I'm not Italian but I'm tired of seeing this country being scorned by people on this forum -- I didn't start the talk about Italian Trains, I just came in to respond to the Spanish Forumer talking down about the trains in Italy.... The spanish area always posting on this forum talking about how great their trains are, and to be honest, they are not that special in comparison to other train systems around the world such as France, Japan .. and Italy will have a similar system as Spain... They have ordered a new Alstom AGV for 2009 with similar speeds as that ICE 3 (350kph)..
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #54
aquablue
BANNED

DP
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #55
DonQui
BANNED

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
I'm not Italian but I'm tired of seeing this country being scorned by people on this forum -- I didn't start the talk about Italian Trains, I just came in to respond to the Spanish Forumer talking down about the trains in Italy.... The spanish area always posting on this forum talking about how great their trains are, and to be honest, they are not that special in comparison to other train systems around the world such as France, Japan .. and Italy will have a similar system as Spain... They have ordered a new Alstom AGV for 2009 with similar speeds as that ICE 3 (350kph)..
I am not Italian either, but let me tell you about my experience with trains in Italy:

Rome to Naples: train delayed, kicked off of train so that SQUEGEE men could be brought on an mop out the water.

Naples to Rome: track fire that was so hot that you felt the heat as you passed by.

Rome to Florence: the only trip without a problem, although it was so fricking hot that it makes me wonder how a MEDITERRANEAN country deals with a lack of air condition.

Florence to Venice: this one takes the cake. train 4 hours delayed, we were then told to upgrade to a Eurostar service as this would be the safer bet, AND we had to PAY for the upgrade.

DonQui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:48 PM   #56
aquablue
BANNED

Well, my experience was flawless between Rome-Florence - Florence - Venice - Venice - Milan ..

You can complain all you like about Italy, but the fact remains that they are well ahead of many other developed or rich countries in the realm HSR. In adition they are are building 3 or 4 HSR lines, 4 new amazing HSR stations that are all architectural masterpieces, have a good HST (ETR 500), an updated pendolino comming soon (ETR 600) for regular lines, a new AGV on order for 2009 - compare that to countries like the the USA, which is currently building no LGVs and has no real LGV's ATM; not to mention the UK which only has the CTRL and no real domestic HSR yet.

Last edited by aquablue; January 5th, 2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #57
Cicerón
Espere verde

Likes (Received): 53

This thread is about a Spanish new HSL. If you want to argue about different issues, don't do it here. Thanks.
Cicerón no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:56 PM   #58
frozen

Likes (Received):

Quote:
This is a spanish high speed thread, if anyone wants to talk abo0ut italian high speed, there are many threads but not here. The thread is called " New HSL in Spain" and not New HSL in Italy. It's simple, isnt it?
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #59
aquablue
BANNED

Yes its about spanish trains, but someone here started to talk about Italian trains and putting them down...Given people started comparing the two countries' train systems, its only fair that one can defend the Italian system against the Spanish in this thread, as it still involves the Spanish trains.
Old January 6th, 2007, 01:32 AM   #60
amagaldu
Registered (trade) User

Likes (Received): 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagaldu View Post

the thread has already been reported and 11 posts after I wrote this it´s still the same..

I hope a mod will soon take care of this..
amagaldu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
alicante, ave, canfranc, high speed rail, spain in the world