daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 26th, 2007, 04:48 PM   #141
TohrAlkimista

Likes (Received): 920

yes, I agree with picassoborseli, you used and you are using very well the european financial programmes for the less developed areas. Spain will become one of the main worldwide economies in 10 years!
TohrAlkimista no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #142
growingup

Likes (Received): 5

Oh come on! Will this comments one day come to an end?
Spain is already "one of the main worldwide economies". Acording to the World Bank Spain is the eight largest economy in the world. It is also the fastest growing economy in the UE15 at around rates of 3.5%. Yes, we should be in the G8, but that's not our purpose.
Spain has to be focused on improving more and further away. We have to look 32 years ago, when we were under a dictatorship, an just a little further ahead, 60 years, when our country was isolated economically from the rest of the world after the Axis, which were Spanish allies during that time, surrendered; and when all our infrastructures were badly damaged because of the Spanish Civil War.
We have walked with giant steps since the return of democracy to our country. Our economy has literally "boomed" and our biggest enterprises are taken in consideration worldwide, such as Telefónica, BSCH, BBVA, Acciona, FCC, ACS, Inditex, Iberia... among many others.
Returning to infrastructures, yes, we have received "Cohesion funds" (that's how "their" money is called) and we did with them what we had to, we invested them, and what's more, we invested them extremely wisely. Spanish government and Spanish infrasctructures development companies have created an unique way of building infrastructures, reducing costs and increasing revenues. In fact, in the world of concessions for infrastructure development, Spanish companies lead the international market. Six of the 10 top transportation concession companies are based in Spain, constructing and/or managing about 40 percent of all major transportation concessions in the world. Spanish companies are taking their knowledge and experience into an increasing number of markets each year. Currently, Spain has also the largest highway network in Europe with more than 13000 km, and it is still growing.
The government has realised the next main step in developing our infrastructures is improving our poor railroads, focusing on HSL and HST. And, as frozen said, according to our President, Spain will be the first country in number of High Speed Lines Km in the world in 2010, and the targets are even bigger for 2020.
So, please, stop bringing down Spanish efforts. As an interesting note, Spanish society is not concious of its own development, and it is not until Spaniards travel abroad that they do realise that we are in a very strong position among many other developed countries... and this mentality is what make us to improve day after day, thinking we can do much better, with many milestones to achieve, and that there are many things to solve and work out yet.
Oh, and just to finish, Spanish will not benefit from more Cohesion Funds in a short period of time, not to take into account that the money we receive now is far less compared with what we received during 1986-2002.

Last edited by growingup; April 2nd, 2007 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling ^^
growingup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 04:23 AM   #143
sdf11
-------------------------

Likes (Received): 7

sdf11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #144
Kika
Better United

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TohrAlkimista View Post
yes, I agree with picassoborseli, you used and you are using very well the european financial programmes for the less developed areas. Spain will become one of the main worldwide economies in 10 years!
Unfortunately we cannot say the same for southern Italy… Why don’t you guys use the European funds as they very well do in Spain? Is it the high level of corruption, the mafia or you just don’t have any projects where to invest these European funds that Italy equally needs? It's a real pity because many areas and not only in the south are desperately crying for investments in infrastructures and many other areas. Spain nowadays has definitely nothing to envy to Italy in those aspects…

By the way, Spain is catching up quickly on Italy in all aspects such as the HDI (Human Development Index) that is probably the best indicator on how a country is developed or not and the best in terms of quality of life http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#Top_thirty_countries_.28HDI_range_from_0.965_down_to_0.885.29. Spain is seen to take over Italy by next year and this is by far not just because of these European funds which very much helped the country but should that for sure but should not hide the fact that Spain is economically growing at a quite faster rate than other Western European countries driven mainly by its high internal consumption. I think envy and jealousy or maybe even ignorance make some people writing or saying ignorant comments like those.

I am sorry to be harsh but I am a bit fed up reading these kind of comments too...

Cheers anyway from Bangalore!

Last edited by Kika; March 29th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
Kika no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM   #145
Già
...****** de sitio...

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika View Post
[COLOR=black]Unfortunately we cannot say the same for southern Italy… Why don’t you guys use the European funds as they very well do in Spain? Is it the high level of corruption, the mafia or you just don’t have any projects where to invest these European funds that Italy equally needs?
Both reasons.......!!
Già no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 03:46 AM   #146
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3675

New photos, by Indautxu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indautxu View Post
Fotos de varios viajes en estos últimos meses ( un poco cutres, hechas con prisa, pero lo que importa es el documento, oyes)

Camp de Tarragona, primeros S103 que diviso de cerca...

Ese día (como muchos otros) mi Ave de las 08.05 para Madrid va en doble composición.

A ver, aver.... déjame contar.... uno, dos, ...cinco! Cinco Aves posando (bueno, sus morros, claro)

Juegos de señales de salida lado Madrid.

...y señales lado Barcelona...

...haz de vías lado Barcelona que el túnel enguye...

Qué monos, los dos posando a ver quién tiene más morro... (dime tú cosa rica...) (con baba incorporada)

Y en la capital del Imperio...... ferroviario..

川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:54 PM   #147
growingup

Likes (Received): 5

wow! great pics Indautxu! and great post Bitxofo!
growingup no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:32 AM   #148
sdf11

Another videos by my self, arriving at Camp de tarragona station, with 6 ave's :

1 Pato in double composition
2 Patos in single composition
1 Velaro e in double composition

Last edited by sdf11; April 3rd, 2007 at 11:59 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 06:08 AM   #149
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3675

Impressive!

THX!!
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:57 PM   #150
SkyLerm
Architranceture Feelings

Likes (Received): 28

Wooow thx for sharing it mate

Cuchiville
SkyLerm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM   #151
amagaldu
Registered (trade) User

Likes (Received): 61

veeery nice video, sdf11..

btw, about one of the most commented topics on this thread, I was listening to the bbc europe news and they told about todays new almston speed record and of course they mentioned germany and japan and maglev and china and even talked about a hypothetical hsl between SF and LA but they didn´t use the word spain one single time..
amagaldu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 10:05 PM   #152
poponoso
(archidesigner)

Likes (Received): 795

Amazing development that has carried out the spanish high speed network; an example for the rest of the countries. I hope my country could develop such an impressive infrastructure... Let's see...
poponoso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:31 AM   #153
Napo
Personaggetto User

Likes (Received): 6432

[QUOTE=Kika;12403011]Unfortunately we cannot say the same for southern Italy… Why don’t you guys use the European funds as they very well do in Spain? Is it the high level of corruption, the mafia or you just don’t have any projects where to invest these European funds that Italy equally needs? It's a real pity because many areas and not only in the south are desperately crying for investments in infrastructures and many other areas. Spain nowadays has definitely nothing to envy to Italy in those aspects…

By the way, Spain is catching up quickly on Italy in all aspects such as the HDI (Human Development Index) that is probably the best indicator on how a country is developed or not and the best in terms of quality of life http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index#Top_thirty_countries_.28HDI_range_from_0.965_down_to_0.885.29. Spain is seen to take over Italy by next year and this is by far not just because of these European funds which very much helped the country but should that for sure but should not hide the fact that Spain is economically growing at a quite faster rate than other Western European countries driven mainly by its high internal consumption. I think envy and jealousy or maybe even ignorance make some people writing or saying ignorant comments like those.
QUOTE]

I am surprised for what you have written. You have denigrated my country, Italy, for no reason. Italy does not have nothing to envy Spain. Italy, unlike Spain, has firms known all over the world: Ferrari, AlfaRomeo, Maserati, Dolce&Gabbana, Valentino, Versace, Armani, Bulgari, Lamborghini etc… and great companies (unlike Spain): STM (world third constructor of microchip), AgustaWestland (world major productor of helicopters), ENEL (one of the major electricity giants of the world, that it has acquired the Spanish ENDESA ), ENI (world sixt oil company), Unicredit (third largest bank in Europe) FIAT (one of the world largest cars manufacturers).....and many others.

GDP in 2006 (CIA WORLD FACTBOOK)
Italy: $1.780 trillion
Spain: $1.07 trillion

ps: I love Spain and the spanish, and I am happy for its economic development . I'm sorry for have interrupted your conversation.
Napo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:02 AM   #154
TohrAlkimista

Likes (Received): 920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napo View Post

I am surprised for what you have written. You have denigrated my country, Italy, for no reason. Italy does not have nothing to envy Spain. Italy, unlike Spain, has firms known all over the world: Ferrari, AlfaRomeo, Maserati, Dolce&Gabbana, Valentino, Versace, Armani, Bulgari, Lamborghini etc… and great companies (unlike Spain): STM (world third constructor of microchip), AgustaWestland (world major productor of helicopters), ENEL (one of the major electricity giants of the world, that it has acquired the Spanish ENDESA ), ENI (world sixt oil company), Unicredit (third largest bank in Europe) FIAT (one of the world largest cars manufacturers).....and many others.

ps: I love Spain and the spanish, and I am happy for its economic development . I'm sorry for have interrupted your conversation.
Napo you really don't need to answer to such ignorant people who wrote these things, you don't need to list italian companies...that's better maintain those to their convictions...
TohrAlkimista no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #155
Skylandman
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Ok guys, can we just now stick back to HST and HSL in Spain, or is out there any other italian willing to post here maps of his country train network, pictures or listing italians brands?

Don´t you have an italian forum for those kind of issues?
If you don´t feel in the mood of talking about that stuff in your own local forum, just press the "create a new thread" link in this subforum and go all for it, but keep this thread clean please.
Skylandman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:23 AM   #156
frozen

Likes (Received):

Quote:
[COLOR=black]
QUOTE]

Ignorance is dared

Italy 13 million + than Spain

Well maybe ZARA (his spanish owner is 8 person richest in the world) one ,or the first mark in clothes in all continents, REPSOL (9th company of petrol), SANTANDER BANK (have the third bank in UK and the most important bank in south america:mexico,argentina,...); Ferrovial (contruction company with which has british airports) IBERDROLA: bought this year Scottish electricity company and is the first electrical company in renewable energy in the world;
TELEFONICA one of the ten most important companies of telecommunication in the world; INDRA; BBVA (one of the most important banks of whole america, it became this year one of the most important banks of the south of USA), ENDESA (which it was bought by italian ENEL and Spanish ACCIONA. The spanish ACCIONA will have one action more than ENEL so it will decide )

The situation of spanish companies compared in 5 years have nothing to do. They are strengthen faster....
The spanish companies and our economy it's burning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynux View Post
España es el tercer país que más dinero mueve en opas y fusiones

Este tipo de operaciones alcanzaron el pasado año un importe de 190.000
millones

En el 2006 registró una cifra récord, sólo superada por EE.UU. y el Reino Unido

Opa es el término de moda en la Bolsa española. Y no sólo porque estas operaciones hayan florecido como nunca en los últimos meses, sino también porque, según todas las previsiones, seguirán dando mucho que hablar a lo largo de todo el año, un ejercicio en el que muchos aseguran que podría superarse el récord alcanzado en el 2006. El año pasado, las fusiones y adquisiciones empresariales movieron en España 190.000 millones de euros. Esta histórica cifra situó al español como el tercer mercado más activo del mundo, sólo por detrás de Estados Unidos y el Reino Unido.

Los movimientos registrados en el sector energético, en el que se fraguaron algunas de las mayores operaciones del año, como la opa lanzada por la alemana E.On sobre Endesa o la oferta de Iberdrola por Scottish Power, tuvieron mucho que ver en la consecución de este hito. No en vano, el importe de las fusiones y adquisiciones protagonizadas por las empresas energéticas acaparó casi la mitad del total, con 82.773 millones, según un informe elaborado por el grupo de servicios financiero Atlas Capital.

En total, las compañías españolas realizaron compras en el extranjero por valor de 113.149 millones de euros, casi un 60% más que en el 2005.

Batiendo marcas

A nivel mundial, el volumen de estas operaciones corporativas se acercó a los tres billones de euros, un importe que supuso pulverizar el máximo anterior, establecido en el 2000, cuando, en plena burbuja tecnológica, las compañías se lanzaron a una frenética carrera de compras.

Los analistas lo tienen claro: el ejercicio en curso seguirá siendo prolífico en este tipo de transacciones. La reforma de la ley de opas, la favorable coyuntura económica y el nuevo marco fiscal lo harán posible. En sentido, recuerdan que las consolidaciones sectoriales están a la orden del día en toda Europa. La de los grupos energéticos ya ha arrancado; la de las aerolíneas y la de las compañías tabaqueras está a punto de fructificar, y la del sector bancario se está haciendo esperar, pero acabará llegando.

Quinielas

En las quinielas sobre los candidatos a recibir ofertas figuran nombres como Bankinter, NH Hoteles, Unión Fenosa o BBVA; mientras que los nombres que más suenan para protagonizar nuevas compras dentro y fuera de las fronteras españolas son los de Abertis, Gas Natural o Altadis.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/se_econ...&TEXTO=5682670

Anyway, it is a high speed railway post, so please dont provoke here . You can see how marvellous high speed railways we have in Spain, i hope Italy could contruct them too.
Old April 4th, 2007, 03:25 AM   #157
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 186

Jeeezzzz stop the flaming!!!

This is a thread about Spanish Highspeed Rail, NOT what country has what and who's the mac. I come to this thread to see construction photos from Spain, NOT to read about Italy or Italian Trains or Italian brands, if you want to post about Italy start a NEW tread in a oftopic forum or if you want to post about Italian Trains start a tread about that and post pictures but NOT here.

MODS or ADIMS please delete all oftopic posts in this thread, or lock it cause now it is mearly a flame thread.
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #158
Napo
Personaggetto User

Likes (Received): 6432

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Ignorance is dared

Well maybe ZARA (his spanish owner is 8 person richest in the world) one ,or the first mark in clothes in all continents, REPSOL (9th company of petrol), SANTANDER BANK (have the third bank in UK and the most important bank in south america:mexico,argentina,...); Ferrovial (contruction company with which has british airports) IBERDROLA: bought this year Scottish electricity company and is the first electrical company in renewable energy in the world;
TELEFONICA one of the ten most important companies of telecommunication in the world; INDRA; BBVA (one of the most important banks of whole america, it became this year one of the most important banks of the south of USA), ENDESA (which it was bought by italian ENEL and Spanish ACCIONA. The spanish ACCIONA will have one action more than ENEL so it will decide )

The situation of spanish companies compared in 5 years have nothing to do. They are strengthen faster....

Anyway, it is a high speed railway post, so please dont provoke here . You can see how marvellous high speed railways we have in Spain, i hope Italy could contruct them too.

Yes yes, Spain is the most developped and richest country in the world, the spanish companies are the biggest on the planet, and spanish trains are the better in Europe. Ok?
But this doesn't mean that you can insult my country. You must be more modest, and you must have more respect for the others countries, many of which are more developped, more important, and richer than Spain.
This thread is called "new HSL in Spain", no "Spain vs Italy" or "Spain vs Germany" or "Spain vs England". If you want to say these things open a new thread:"Spain, the better country in the world".
I hope that this (Off Topic) dicussion ends now.

Saludos a todos amigos espanoles
Napo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #159
sdf11

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
Ignorance is dared

Only a little things: Santander bank is the major bank in the EuroZone, and telefonica the third largest telecomunications in the World, Iberdrola when finish to bought Scottish will be the third largest energy in Europe.

Of course that Italy now it's more powerful than spain, but you can't say that Spain is poorer that our country beacause I think that the quality of life in our city's are better than you.

I can't understand why all the "old" powerful countries in Europe (France, Italy...) want to remember to Spain that is poorer that them...

The time, will say all...

Last edited by sdf11; September 11th, 2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old April 4th, 2007, 01:08 PM   #160
frozen

Likes (Received):

Quote:
Yes yes, Spain is the most developped and richest country in the world, the spanish companies are the biggest on the planet, and spanish trains are the better in Europe. Ok?
But this doesn't mean that you can insult my country. You must be more modest, and you must have more respect for the others countries, many of which are more developped, more important, and richer than Spain.
This thread is called "new HSL in Spain", no "Spain vs Italy" or "Spain vs Germany" or "Spain vs England". If you want to say these things open a new thread:"Spain, the better country in the world".
I hope that this (Off Topic) dicussion ends now.

Saludos a todos amigos espanoles
Can't understand anything... you came here just to provoke, so please, dont give advises. If you want to talk about Spanish HSL, nice. If not, go away and don't troll the thread

Tags
alicante, ave, canfranc, high speed rail, spain in the world