search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > United States > West Coast and Interior West > Local Forums > Los Angeles > Metropolitan Forums > The West Side

The West Side West Hollywood | Beverly Hills | Century City | Venice | Santa Monica | Malibu

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #181
ArchiTennis
Angeleeeeeeeno

Likes (Received): 27

I wonder if they got these confused? MilkyToast posted this a few days ago...but it says on the 38th floor...?? this one says the penthouse...???

Related’s The Century Sets Los Angeles Record for Condominium Sales Price
Strong Start to Sales at Los Angeles’ Premier New Building

CENTURY CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A record-breaking sale of a penthouse at The Century (www.thecentury.com), Los Angeles’ most luxurious new condominium building, was announced today by Related Sales, the building’s exclusive marketing and sales agent, setting a new high price per-square-foot for a Los Angeles condominium residence. The 42-story building on nearly four acres in the heart of Century City, designed by the renowned architecture firm of Robert A.M. Stern Architects, LLP to be the evolution of estate living, is currently well under construction and will be ready for occupancy in 2009. The penthouse was sold for $15 million or more than $2,700 per-square-foot.

“Wealthy L.A. buyers who are extremely discriminating and have purchased multiple homes in Montecito, Malibu, New York, Aspen and other destinations, have found they can still have the ultimate Los Angeles lifestyle while also gaining resort-like services and amenities,” said David Wine, Vice Chairman of Related. “This buyer looked for a residence with a convenient Century City location that offered resort-style living without sacrificing privacy, and in this respect, the amenities and services at The Century are truly groundbreaking. The signature restaurant will offer service to each home and to the cabanas at the pool. Residents can meet with their private Equinox trainer in the gym followed by a massage in a private treatment room. Buyers can entertain guests in the Assouline Culture Lounge followed by a showing in the private screening room, and a catered fireside dinner in the garden. It’s Los Angeles estate living without the headaches.”

The penthouse sold to a local buyer represented by David Mossler and John Iglar of Teles Properties, Beverly Hills, CA.

The Penthouse features more than 5,000 square feet and three terraces totaling an additional 647 square feet. Commanding half of a floor, the condominium, which was designed with three bedrooms, a private elevator vestibule and a chef’s kitchen, formal dining room, and expansive great room, has a dramatic layout is like a single-family home. Other features include a spacious master bedroom suite with a library and a midnight kitchen, his and hers bathrooms and dressing areas. The Century’s elliptical shape ensures that the vista from each room is endless, giving maximum exposure of the jaw dropping southern and eastern views.

“We are encouraged to see this sale as such a strong start to sales at The Century,” said Susan de França, President of Related Sales. “When designing The Century, we envisioned so much more than a luxury building, but a completely new alternative to other condominiums previously built in Los Angeles. Buyers are recognizing that The Century offers unparalleled design and amenities with elegance, innovation and lasting value and thus will garner the top prices in Los Angeles.”

The Century’s 140 residences will offer the distinctly luxurious lifestyle which Angelenos expect and enjoy, yet have not been able to realize in a luxury high-rise condominium. With an exceptional array of services and unrivaled amenities, the private, lush landscaped estate gardens feature outdoor entertaining rooms with fireplaces, fountains, walking paths and private spaces. The pool area consists of a 75-foot pool with views stretching to the Pacific, perfect for swimming laps, privately owned cabanas and outdoor dining. The Century will also have an on-site signature restaurant that will cater to the residences as well as provide poolside and outdoor dining.

Life’s special occasions are celebrated in the exclusive entertainment suite featuring an elegant lounge, formal banquet room, a screening room and an Assouline Culture Lounge. Additional amenities include a private fitness center, spa treatment rooms, wine tasting room, children’s playroom and a business center with a boardroom. Each residence will include concierge service, a membership to the Equinox Club in Century City as well as the Equinox-designed gym in the building, valet indoor parking, individually secured storage, personal wine storage and sophisticated telecommunications capabilities including a membership to Sony Cierge. Additionally there are private offices, guest suites and poolside cabanas available for purchase exclusively for owners at The Century.

“The Sales and Design Center for The Century is the perfect environment to give the feeling of what it will be like to live at The Century,” said David Wine, Vice Chairman of Related. “All of the amenities are articulated and the examples of the three interior design choices by Robert A.M. Stern and Marmol Radziner give no doubt that a new standard has been set for a full service building.”

The Century Sales and Design Center, located on the 41st floor of Century City’s iconic Century Plaza Towers, overlooks the site where the graceful Robert A.M. Stern Architects designed structure in currently under construction, affording stunning views of the ocean, mountains, and surrounding cityscape almost identical to the panoramas The Century residents will enjoy.

The Century’s developer, Related Companies, is considered the most prominent privately owned real estate development firm in the United States, responsible for creating architectural masterpieces across North America, including New York City’s Time Warner Center and the forthcoming Frank Gehry designed Grand Avenue mixed-use development in downtown Los Angeles.

www.thecentury.com

Heralded as one of the most prolific and visionary developers in the country, Related Companies was formed thirty-five years ago. Today, Related is considered the most prominent privately owned real estate development firm in the United States.

Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Aspen/Snowmass, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami and San Francisco with divisions in development, acquisitions, property management, marketing and sales. To date, Related has developed or acquired real estate assets worth over $15 billion with another $9 billion currently in development. In 2004, Related completed the development of New York City’s newest landmark, Time Warner Center. In Los Angeles, Related is expanding its portfolio with The Century, a super-luxury condominium in Century City and the Frank Gehry-designed Grand Avenue development, situated directly across from the beloved Walt Disney Concert Hall, which will include luxury residences, retail, notable restaurants and a world class hotel.

Related is staunchly committed to sustainable design with over $6 billion in green development underway or completed. The firm developed one of the first green residential buildings in the nation, Tribeca Green in Battery Park City, New York and Chicago’s first green residential building, 340 on the Park. Related is currently developing eight new LEED-certified residential buildings, The Brompton, The Harrison, and Superior Ink in New York City, The Clarendon in Boston, The Century in Los Angeles, The Village in Santa Monica, Canyon Ranch Living and The Peshtigo in Chicago as well as Bronx Terminal Market, a one million square foot retail development in Bronx, New York. Related serves on the board of directors of the World Resources Institute.

In 2007, Related entered into partnerships with Goldman Sachs, MSD Capital and three international investors offering Related ready access to capital. That same year, Related acquired a majority stake in Virgin Megastores North America and in 2006 acquired Equinox(R) Fitness Clubs, further expanding the company’s capabilities into the health and fitness arena and enhancing the value of its properties by incorporating an exclusive, branded amenity into the lifestyle offering. The company is also the largest shareholder in Centerline, the leading financier of affordable housing in the country. For more information about Related Companies please visit www.related.com.
ArchiTennis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #182
LAsam
Endless summer

Likes (Received): 2

Downtown West LA... going strong!
LAsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 12:24 PM   #183
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Likes (Received): 1562

Look! It's done already- that was quick Curbed LA

Last edited by milquetoast; March 1st, 2008 at 12:36 PM.
milquetoast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:22 AM   #184
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 120

March 6, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedpez View Post
Some more photos from yesterday...

Wide view
image hosted on flickr

Closeup
image hosted on flickr

Century City sunset
image hosted on flickr

Looks like they've added a couple more floors and it seems the cranes have definitely gotten taller, too.
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM   #185
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

That last one is just......
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:29 AM   #186
jessemh431

Likes (Received): 68

You can now easily the building from the 405 near the 10 intersection for miles along the 405. It's gonna look amazing there because it will fill in that humungous gap. I love CC
jessemh431 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:50 AM   #187
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Now if they can just clear the land south of that location and put up more, then Century City would have realized its original potential (Those pictures taken from the intersection of Louisiana and S. Beverly Glen. Good thing they took down the massive tree where the white picket fence is now. Otherwise, we wouldn't have such a nice view.)

Last edited by milquetoast; March 9th, 2008 at 10:13 AM.
Old March 10th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #188
AlexTheMartian

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
You can now easily the building from the 405 near the 10 intersection for miles along the 405. It's gonna look amazing there because it will fill in that humungous gap. I love CC
really? i should start looking around my skyline, i live right next to the 405/10 interchange. but i guess i dont have a good view since i live on one of the surface streets going under the interchange so my view is blocked.... and i dont have a car so.... yeah, lol.
AlexTheMartian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #189
The Baz
Season Tix Avail

It's visible from LMU. Should look nice once it is done.
The Baz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 05:53 AM   #190
San Marino Guy

Likes (Received): 4

Does anybody have any renderings of what Century City will look like in a few years?
San Marino Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #191
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Whew! Ok, this is the best I could come up with in only a few hours. You can see the Century is close to being topped out, while my supertall to the south is all ready for occupation. My other home is in Pacific Palisades at the end of the arrow. Hope this helps
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #192
BEATSLIM

Likes (Received): 0

BEATSLIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 08:30 AM   #193
ArchiTennis
Angeleeeeeeeno

Likes (Received): 27

oh wow....thanks for giving me a good laugh.
ArchiTennis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #194
DinoVabec
Worldwide

Likes (Received): 675

Good job Milque...
DinoVabec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #195
San Marino Guy

Likes (Received): 4

WOW! Awsome supertall you have there!
San Marino Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #196
jessemh431

Likes (Received): 68

lol...wow...
jessemh431 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 04:32 AM   #197
LAsam
Endless summer

Somebody has some hidden potential...
LAsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #198
xXFallenXx

Likes (Received): 141

xXFallenXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #199
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 120

The Century

March 30, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
March 30, 2008

This is a tough building to photograph up close, only because there's nowhere to park nearby (that you don't have to pay for). I had to park illegally in a "no stopping anytime" zone, throw on my hazards and hope no one nailed my car while I ran across the street. I count at least 16 floors.

Old April 9th, 2008, 03:26 AM   #200
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Scanned the article from NYT of April 6. No mention of Century City. Interesting somewhat, but passed on it. NYTimes

Tags
century city