daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 26th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #501
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

where did you get that?
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #502
LUCAFUSAR

Likes (Received): 231

On this spanish SSC thread:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=34762824

According to the recent tests, the top operating speed of the Velaro D (or "new" CRH3), will be 380 kph and not 350.
LUCAFUSAR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #503
gramercy
BANNED

well i went through the last 4 pages and i couldnt find 380 on it anywhere

besides, last i heard the chinese ordered Zefiros for that speed
https://www.railwaygazette.com/news/...ed-trains.html
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:11 AM   #504
Railfan
steamer

Likes (Received): 93

The AGV trains to TAV are under construction now?

Some pick´s?
Railfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:28 AM   #505
Railfan
steamer

22/06/2009

AGV trains to TAV under constructión!!!

Old October 27th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #506
Railfan
steamer

AGV trains to TAV under constructión!!!

30/07/2009

Old October 27th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #507
LUCAFUSAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
well i went through the last 4 pages and i couldnt find 380 on it anywhere

besides, last i heard the chinese ordered Zefiros for that speed
https://www.railwaygazette.com/news/...ed-trains.html
Go on this chinese thread...you can find informations on this test, runned by the Velaro CRH3, in order to increase the maximum operating speed of the chinese high speed trains (Velaro D or Zefiro380):

Quote:
Originally Posted by big-dog View Post
10.3 CRH3 trial run on Wuhan-Guangzhou express rail

max speed: 383kmph
3 hours 5 minutes to run through 1068.6km express rail.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1636

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...218503&page=82
Old October 27th, 2009, 02:50 AM   #508
LUCAFUSAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railfan View Post
[SIZE="3"][B][CENTER][COLOR="DarkOrange"]AGV trains to TAV under constructión!!!

30/07/2009

Yep, the construction of the NTV's AGV started partly in the italian Alstom's facility near Savigliano on july 8, 2009, partly in Alstom's La Rochelle/plant. It seems they proceed pretty well.
Old October 27th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #509
gramercy
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCAFUSAR View Post
Go on this chinese thread...you can find informations on this test, runned by the Velaro CRH3, in order to increase the maximum operating speed of the chinese high speed trains (Velaro D or Zefiro380):

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1636

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...218503&page=82

okay, now we are getting somewhere

but doing a trial run is a far cry from a trainset that can do that every day for a decade

i realize that the current Velaro is built to an operating speed of 300-330-350-360 kph (depending on the version/configuration etc) and that in order to the 360 it IS capable of going at almost 400 kph safely
but that doesnt mean that the operating speed of the trainset is 380, it is at the most 360

i also understand that the chinese ordered not the Velaro but the Zefiro from Bombardier for that speed, however let me quote myself here cause i already explained why i have serious doubts of running at 380 within a couple of years

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
- there is NO train controll system currently that can safely operate trains ABOVE 320 kph, ETCS is the only one that even has a hope and it doesnt even work on the "350" Beijing-Tianjin. i have serious doubts that they actually do this and if they do then they do it without a controll system which means less frequency
- 380 kph would require +103 % energy (cost) compared to running at 300 kph, +67 % compared to 320 kph and +31 % (almost a third) compared to running at 350 kph. as a result the ticked would be twice, two thirds or one third more expensive
- not the chinese, nor bombardier have demonstrated their OWN design anywhere near these speeds
- a train running at 380 kph has to be able to operate SAFELY for LONG distances at +10% more speed, so in fact the design speed would be 418 kph!!!
- there is noone else even attempting this because there are more pressing issues for the japanese/europeans, such as: noise emissions, aerodynamics vs cost, train controll systems etc.

to do this sort of a leapfrog within 2-4 years is something I just dont believe possible

the chinese regime has claimed a lot of things and this just smells like one of their exagerrations

still i dont want to belittle their efforts, i mean thousands of kilometres of 320-350 kph is awesome and i'm sure its only a matter of time to go to 380
but its more like a decade imho

maybe it will be a reality in a decade and it is certainly china who we are all expecting to do it first
Old October 27th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #510
LUCAFUSAR

O.K. Got it.
Old October 29th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #511
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccodrillo View Post
Endless tunnels on the Bologna-Firenze HSL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df87lMB5d18
thanks for this awesome trip, Coccodrillo...the music was perfect
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #512
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

It wasn't taken by me, it has been made by an engineer/tecnician known only by the nickname 44Nikko87. Search the other videos made by him/her - they are really inbteresting.

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2009, 03:14 PM   #513
LUCAFUSAR

New Trenitalia High Speed Timetable for December 13th.

The new Trenitalia timetable has been announced for December 13th. On that date, the new high speed line between Florence and Bologna will be working, reducing that trip from one hour to 37 minutes. All timetables on the main north-south itinerary, Milan-Rome-Naples will be reworked according to these guidelines:

- 72 ETR500 Frecciarossa trains/day will join Milan Centrale and Rome Termini: 38 with stops in Firenze Santa Maria Novella and Bologna Centrale (duration 3h 30'), 28 no/stop (2h 59'), plus 6 no/stops trains will join Milan Rogoredo with Rome Tiburtina in 2h 45'.
- 36 ETR500 Frecciarossa trains/day will join Milan Centrale and Naples: 24 with stops in Firenze Santa Maria Novella and Bologna Centrale (4h 55'), 6 with a stop at Roma Termini (4h 25') and 6 no/stop (4h 10').
- 12 ETR500 Frecciarossa trains/day will join Turin Porta Nuova and Rome Termini: 8 with stops in Milan Porta Garibaldi, Bologna Centrale and Firenze Campo Marte (4h 10'), 2 with a stop at Milano Centrale (4h 19') and 2 with stops at Milano Centrale, Bologna Centrale and Firenze Santa Maria Novella (4h 45').
- 70 trains/day (ETR500 Frecciarossa and tilting ETR Frecciargento) will join Bologna Centrale and Firenze Santa Maria Novella through the new hs line, reducing the travel time between these two stations from 1h to 37'.
-The travel time between Rome Termini and Naples Centrale will be reduced from 1h 21' to 1h 10'.
- 26 tilting ETR Frecciargento trains/day will join Venice Mestre and Rome Termini: 22 with stops and 4 no/stop (3h 15').
- 4 tilting ETR Frecciargento trains/day will join Verona Porta Nuova and Rome Termini in 3h (with stops).
- 2 tilting ETR Frecciargento trains/day will join Brescia and Rome Termini in 3h 22' (with stops).
- 10 tilting ETR Frecciargento trains/day will join Rome Termini and Bari Centrale: 6 with stops and 4 no/stop (3h 59').
- 8 tilting ETR Frecciargento trains/day will join Rome Termini and Reggio Calabria Centrale.
- Next year Trenitalia will add two more tilting ETR Frecciargento trains/day between Rome Termini and Lamezia Terme Centrale (total of 4, all without stops).

All these news are in this Trenitalia press release, but it's in italian, so i translated it:

http://www.fsnews.it/cms/v/index.jsp...003f16f90aRCRD
Old November 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM   #514
Eddard Stark
Keep your head

Likes (Received): 3834

Thank you Lucafusar!

Here is a map of the new services, so that non-italians can understand

Actually there is one link missing: 2 trains will reach Brescia from Verona

The real HSR line is the red one, from Turin to Salerno. But also "frecciargento" services will run partly on the HSR lines
Eddard Stark está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM   #515
LUCAFUSAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddard Stark View Post

Actually there is one link missing: 2 trains will reach Brescia from Verona

Quote:
- 2 tilting ETR Frecciargento trains/day will join Brescia (through Verona) and Rome Termini in 3h 22' (with stops).

Last edited by LUCAFUSAR; November 1st, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old November 1st, 2009, 09:52 PM   #516
Eddard Stark
Keep your head

Likes (Received): 3834

Quote:
I meant from the map you got it right of course!
Eddard Stark está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM   #517
LUCAFUSAR

O.K., got it.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 11:40 AM   #518
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddard Stark View Post
The real HSR line is the red one, from Turin to Salerno. But also "frecciargento" services will run partly on the HSR lines
Grey lines aren't HSL but often allow 160-180-200 km/h running.

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM   #519
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

A question: when FS still maintained their TAV progress page on the internet they always referred to the line BO-FI as destined to eventually lower the travel time between the two cities to 30 minutes. According to the latest posting, this has now been changed to 37 minutes. At the same time, the travel time between (the termini of) Rome and Milan are, as initially foreseen, 3 hours. What are we to make of that? That BO-FI has turned out a bit "slower" than foreseen whereas BO-MI is a bit "faster"? Or are the 37 minutes a temporary occurrance to be improved when the new stations in the two cities stand ready?
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #520
ETR401
Ghost In The Machine

Likes (Received): 8

As you guessed, works are still in progress in Bologna (and in Firenze they are still struggling over different solutions for the new station, only preliminary works were made so far....).
A similar situation can be found in Turin. A four-track underground line towards Milan is in construction (two tracks opened few days ago), meanwhile long distance and commuter traffic share the two track currently operating. Hence the need for somewhat "relaxed" paths.....
Besides this, if my memory don't fails me, Bo-Fi HSL is temporarily operating at "just" 250 kph top speed, although being built and tested for 300.
ETR401 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
alta velocità