daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #1221
33Hz
Registered User
 
33Hz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 436
Likes (Received): 47

Is it a Zefiro 380?
33Hz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #1222
intersezioni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 114
Likes (Received): 32

I think it a new version of Zefiro 380. is a co-production with Bombardier and AnsaldoBreda.

http://www.fsnews.it/cms-file/audio/...meno7_ingl.mp3
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #1223
Suburbanist
on the road
 
Suburbanist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: the rain capital of Europe
Posts: 27,525
Likes (Received): 21227

Too bad Trenitalia is not buying V250s
__________________
YIMBY - Yes, in my backyard!
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #1224
.franco
sioperro de l'ananas...
 
.franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 129
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federicoft View Post
nice pic!
.franco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:08 PM   #1225
Silly_Walks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,974
Likes (Received): 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Too bad Trenitalia is not buying V250s
Succesful troll is... unsuccesful! Troll-plot foiled!
Silly_Walks está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #1226
joseph1951
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,435
Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Vmax there is 265 km/h
Nope. The Vmax is 250 km/h on a 39km long stretch. Unfortunately, at the moment, the line has a speed restriction and the Vmax is only 180 km/h.
joseph1951 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #1227
joseph1951
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,435
Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post


Preview the new Trenitalia high speed train that will run soon on the high speed railway network in Italy.
The train will be officially presented at Rimini on 19/08/2012, and his name and FRECCIAROSSA 1000. will be 'made ​​in Italy and' will 'train the most modern and environmentally friendly in the world.

bye

links

http://www.ansaldobreda.it/

http://www.fsitaliane.it/
Nope. It is an entirely Bombardier project. The ETR 1000 is a slight more poweful version of the Zefiro300 and Ansaldobreda will only assemble the interiors (i.e: it will screw to floor the passenger seats).

The technical specifications are:

acceleration up to 0,7 m/s2 (but up to what speed?) ) - 360 km/h in 540 seconds (Spanish Velaro 0-350 km/h in 380 seconds, TGV Duplex 0-320 km/h in 380 seconds).

Vmax in revenue 360 km/h (at the moment not exploitable on the newly built Italian HSLs which have been built for a revenue top speed of 300 km/h but only on very short stretches.
Weight 500 tons (with passenger on board).
Carrying capacity: about 500 passenger = 1 passenger for about 950 kg of train weight.
(TGV Duplex: 1 passenger/ 0,7 tons of train).
Also it features the twindex type of tilting, limited to 1.5 degree cant deficiency.

The ETR100 ( alias Zefiro 300+ Moretti version) is a train planned entirely by Bombardier and it represents Bombardier answer to Velaros, ICE X, TGVs, Talgo 380, Talgo 350, AGV first and second generation, etc.
It does not have the lightness and acceleration of the Talgos 350 & 380, and it has an unfavourable passenger/weight ratio, but on the rendering it looks nice, it is expensive, and for the moment, it exists only on paper.

Renfe has an excess of about 70 High speed trains (Velaro, TGV Talgos 350 and talgo 250) which have never been on revenue service and are maintained in pristine conditions.

Mr Moretti could have bought these 70 High speed trains with a substantial discounts.

Futhermore the HSTs that Renfe bought in excessive quantities are well tested an their technical envelopes have been perfected over the years, whilst the Zefiro 300+ (or ETR1000) is still an open and untested project, which looks very nice on paper,..... but it is a known fact that new prototypes suffer from teething problems.

Personally, I would have bought these new and redundant Spanish Velaro, Spanish TGV Duplex, Spanish Talgo 250 & 350 with a 40-50% discounts.

The Zefiro 300+ FrecciaMoretti (alias ETR1000) is meant to be used by Mr Moretti to conquer the Very High speed paneuropean business travelling outside the Italian borders at speeds up to 360 km/h, whilst in Italy this train will be travelling at a top speed of 300 km/h.

Unfortunately for Mr Moretti, the (in)famous CEO of Trenitalia , France , Spain, Germany, Switzerland, UK etc, rail administrations have no intention of running HSTs at 360 km/h in the near future.

As a matter of fact Spanish , French, German, Austrian, UK railways administrations think that running at 360 km/h is uneconomical with the present technology.

Last edited by joseph1951; August 12th, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
joseph1951 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:46 PM   #1228
joseph1951
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,435
Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post
I think it a new version of Zefiro 380. is a co-production with Bombardier and AnsaldoBreda.

http://www.fsnews.it/cms-file/audio/...meno7_ingl.mp3
Nope.

It is a version of the Zefiro Platform V250~ 300 ~ 360. AnsaldoBreda will only assemble the interior seats.
joseph1951 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1229
K_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,744
Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1951 View Post

Renfe has an excess of about 70 High speed trains (Velaro, TGV Talgos 350 and talgo 250) which have never been on revenue service and are maintained in pristine conditions.

Mr Moretti could have bought these 70 High speed trains with a substantial discounts.
Would RENFE have sold these if asked?
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #1230
Think
...or not to be...
 
Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,428
Likes (Received): 158

They are suposed to be used in the new HSLs that should have been opened in 2012 and will be opened in 2013, 2016,...
Think no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #1231
Coccodrillo
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 7,199
Likes (Received): 766

Spanish HSTs (except the S-100) cannot run on 3 kV DC; so in Italy they would be completely useless...
__________________
1.6.2016: Basistunnel!

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1232
K_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,744
Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think View Post
They are suposed to be used in the new HSLs that should have been opened in 2012 and will be opened in 2013, 2016,...
But in the mean time they could be used on the existing lines.

Take Barcelona - Madrid. That RENFE isn't running more on that line is something I don't get.
(But I'm in the wrong thread for that...)
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #1233
Nexis
Dark Wolf
 
Nexis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Along the Rails of North Jersey..
Posts: 15,684
Likes (Received): 17033

Looks like an upgraded version of the Acela....
__________________
My FLICKR Page < 54,100+ Photos of Urban Renewal , Infrastructure , Food and Nature in the Northeastern US
Visit the Reorganized New York City Section
My Photography Website
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #1234
intersezioni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 114
Likes (Received): 32

Competition between two high-speed trains in Italy, the Turin-Milan line,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uUy...hannel&list=UL





50 minutes at 300 km / h with Italo, fast railway line Bologna - Milan in Italy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Q427IQD1Y




ciao

Last edited by intersezioni; August 13th, 2012 at 03:56 PM. Reason: cosi
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 12:30 AM   #1235
joseph1951
BANNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,435
Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post
Competition between two high-speed trains in Italy, the Turin-Milan line,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uUy...hannel&list=UL





50 minutes at 300 km / h with Italo, fast railway line Bologna - Milan in Italy,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Q427IQD1Y




ciao
Not quite so. Just to be more precise:
_ The Line is Bologna- Central Station to MIlan- Central Station and it is 219 km long.

Italo ((the AGV belonging to NTV) travels from Bologna - Central Station to Milan -Rogoredo Station, and Milan Rogored is about 12 km south o Milan Central Station. For an HST it takes about 9-10 minute to cover the the 12 kms betwen Milan Rogoredo a Milan Central. Therefore Bologna Central - Milan Rogoredo is about 207 km long.

Italo in an AGV limited to 300km/h on Italian HSTs , nevertheless it is clear that it is more perfomant than the old ETR500. It has an acceleration which is almost double of that of of the ETR500.

In this journey Italo was slowed down to a crawling pace roughly from minute 42: 40 to 46:27 of the video, and the it pottered along at a very modest speed until it stopped at Milan - Rogoredo Station at the minute 53:34. In spite of this the train was still ahead of schedule, because Italo journey time from Bologna Central to Milan- Rogoredo is scheduled in 56 minutes.


Had Italo not be slowed down about 10-15km before Milan - Rogoredo Station it would have made the journey fro Bologna Central to Milan Rogoredo in 44-45 minutes, without exceeding the 300-305 km/h mark.

Italo is an AGV consist of 11 carriages with an empty weight of 375t and 7,500 kW of power. This type of AGV has been homologated in Italy for a top speed of 300 km/h.

In spite of this, I am quite convinced that this AGV is capable of making the journey from Bologna- Central to Milan -Central in about 55'~56'. (For the ETR500 the scheduled journey time from Bologna- Central to Milan- Central is 65 minutes..)

NTV has an option to buy another 25 AGV sets. It is quite possibile that NTV will exercise its option to buy further 25 AGV sets, which will be more powerful, with higher acceleration and /or higher top speed (i.e: 320-360 km/h).

I also believe that SNCF will eventually buy some AGV, but they will be very different from those bought by NTV, and assigned to the Italian domestic market.

Or, alternatively, SNCF will buy some TGV Superduplex incorporating AGV technology, and namely the AGV type of electric motors which seems to be among the most efficient on today's market, and capable of producing up to 1.4 kW per each kg of motor.

Also SNCF has been talking for some time about the new generation of TGV locomotive weighing 5 tons less than the previous locos, and with an output in excess of 5.000 kW.

We'll see...
joseph1951 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1236
intersezioni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 114
Likes (Received): 32

Coming Soon 19/08/2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQrwd5eT-Wg
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #1237
intersezioni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 114
Likes (Received): 32

Frecciarossa 1000: The train more modern and quiet in the world, he can travel on all high-speed lines in Europe, can travel at speeds up to 400 km / h, while the speed 'medium' of 350 km / h. . It is an eco-friendly train

,

,

,

,

,

Video promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnMHWkBLbP4,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKHJikmKAuc

Last edited by intersezioni; August 20th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM   #1238
Galactic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 39
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post
Frecciarossa 1000: The train more modern and quiet in the world, he can travel on all high-speed lines in Europe, can travel at speeds up to 400 km / h, while the speed 'medium' of 350 km / h. . It is an eco-friendly train
All high-speed lines in Europe? I must say I don't believe this statement. Unfortunately I couldn't find the exact specs for the ETR 1000, but not only would it have to be quad-voltage, it would have to be equipped for the myriad of signalling systems in use on HSLs all over Europe (TVM, KVB, TBL and LZB in addition to ETCS and SCMT). If you also count the 200 km/h lines, you get more signalling systems and the Iberian gauge, and if you count Russia, you get KLUB-U and the Russian gauge.

I think that a train that runs on "all high-speed lines" won't be made before 2020, even if you only count 300 km/h lines in Western Europe.
Galactic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #1239
intersezioni
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 114
Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic View Post
All high-speed lines in Europe? I must say I don't believe this statement. Unfortunately I couldn't find the exact specs for the ETR 1000, but not only would it have to be quad-voltage, it would have to be equipped for the myriad of signalling systems in use on HSLs all over Europe (TVM, KVB, TBL and LZB in addition to ETCS and SCMT). If you also count the 200 km/h lines, you get more signalling systems and the Iberian gauge, and if you count Russia, you get KLUB-U and the Russian gauge.

I think that a train that runs on "all high-speed lines" won't be made before 2020, even if you only count 300 km/h lines in Western Europe.
and train a multi-voltage (STI)
* Frecciarossa 1000 will be the first European train AV fully interoperable. Thanks to innovative technical features and sophisticated - will be a multi-train in accordance with the European Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) - do not know, in fact, borders and be able to travel on all networks AV Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Austria, Switzerland , Holland and Belgium), overcoming the limitations in infrastructure, in particular the different power supplies and various types of signaling.



To this end, the cockpit and the island of electronic Frecciarossa 1000, are designed and developed with modular concepts that allow to dialogue with the different technological systems installed in different countries and, especially, to pass, in a fast and effective, from one solution to another. The signaling equipment on-board management systems integrate with the national unified at European level, thus ensuring, together with full interoperability, the maximum operational safety. The project, in fact, given the different "packages Country 'by defining modules common to all - Diagnostic Monitor, commands related to the function of the train, and ERTMS Automatic Train Protection (ATP) Italy - and the specific parts of the countries concerned (ATP as national and Modules times) on the train in an easily removable drive or on the bench in dedicated cabinets island-mail. Not only speed, but also comfort, quality and safety.


Ansalbreda video:

http://www.ansaldobreda.it/
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #1240
Galactic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 39
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post
and train a multi-voltage (STI)
* Frecciarossa 1000 will be the first European train AV fully interoperable. Thanks to innovative technical features and sophisticated - will be a multi-train in accordance with the European Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) - do not know, in fact, borders and be able to travel on all networks AV Europe (France, Germany, Spain, Austria, Switzerland , Holland and Belgium), overcoming the limitations in infrastructure, in particular the different power supplies and various types of signaling.



To this end, the cockpit and the island of electronic Frecciarossa 1000, are designed and developed with modular concepts that allow to dialogue with the different technological systems installed in different countries and, especially, to pass, in a fast and effective, from one solution to another. The signaling equipment on-board management systems integrate with the national unified at European level, thus ensuring, together with full interoperability, the maximum operational safety. The project, in fact, given the different "packages Country 'by defining modules common to all - Diagnostic Monitor, commands related to the function of the train, and ERTMS Automatic Train Protection (ATP) Italy - and the specific parts of the countries concerned (ATP as national and Modules times) on the train in an easily removable drive or on the bench in dedicated cabinets island-mail. Not only speed, but also comfort, quality and safety.


Ansalbreda video:

http://www.ansaldobreda.it/
Ah, ok, so the systems are modular and expandable. What was originally said wasn't quite wrong then, but it would have been more accurate to say that the train "can easily be retrofitted to travel on all high-speed lines in Europe".
Galactic no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
alta velocitā

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium