daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:20 AM   #1281
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2010

italo train is amazing
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:56 AM   #1282
joseph1951
BANNED

Likes (Received): 57

V300 zefiro = ETR1000

Technical specifications:

http://www.ansaldobreda.it/Portals/0...TA_V300new.pdf

Last edited by joseph1951; September 3rd, 2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: typos
joseph1951 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:09 AM   #1283
.franco
sioperro de l'ananas...

Likes (Received): 0

Frecciarossa 1000 in 3D

Last edited by .franco; September 3rd, 2012 at 08:35 AM.
.franco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1284
.franco
sioperro de l'ananas...

Last edited by .franco; September 3rd, 2012 at 08:46 AM.
.franco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #1285
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8709

I am looking forward to the day Americans eventually pronounce foreign names right.
KingNick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #1286
doinel

I'm always wondering what Richard Quest sounds like when he's drunk (for real).
doinel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #1287
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8709

Richard Quest is the perfect example for the sheer incompetence at CNN. A channel to be set on mute.
Old September 5th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #1288
hans280

Likes (Received): 173

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
I am looking forward to the day Americans eventually pronounce foreign names right.
He, he, he... wrote Robert Fisk (British columnist): "President Bush apologised to the Iraqi nation for the crimes at Abu Ghraib, and he promised to deal swiftly with al-Zarqawi. It would have made a greater impression if he had bothered to learn to pronounce any of these names".
hans280 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #1289
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

NTV mulls new services to Marche

Apparently, NTV is considering a new partially high-speed service to connect Marche with Milano. The province would be in talks with NTV to set up such service.

There would be 4 or 5 daily departures from Ancona to Milano and back, with intermediate stops in Fano, Pesaro, Rimini and Bologna.

NTV has also declared its interests on exploring "higher speed" services along non-HS mainlines.

The Adriatic line actually offers a nice opportunity for additional services. Trenitalia uses mostly older rolling stock, and it has slowed down a number of trains by adding too many stops.

Let's see what happens with this proposal.
Old December 20th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #1290
Suburbanist
on the road

Improvements on rail line to Reggio Calabria

Italian government has committed € 615 million for 2013 works on the speeding and modernization of the Salerno-Reggio Calabria railway.

This is part of a plan to allow full 200km/h traffic all the way to Reggio C.

In my opinion, this is a complicate rail case. It is too far from everything else to be competitive without a full-blown HSR. It will still takes 3h10 to travel between Reggio Calabria and Napoli after all improvement works have been completed on faster trains running there. It is unlikely there would be a Roma-Reggio Calabria train under 4 hours (currently the faster trains there take whooping 6h18 for the whole trip, which makes them not a competitor for domestic flights).

A new HSR there, though, would cost at least € 30 billion because of unforgiving terrain. Then, you need other € 4 billion for "il Ponte".

So I really don't know what is the best course of action there.
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #1291
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

The best is probably to do exactly what they are proposing to do. 3 h 10 m (if true) from Reggio to Napoli would still beat driving by a considerable margin and adding another 1 1/2 h to Rome would still be marginally competitive with flying. In any case it would be convenient for those wanting to go from Rome or Naples to sea side resorts further south.

Reggio is too small to warrant a full blown HSR line through a very difficult terrain, besides I don't think Italy can afford that right now.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #1292
Suburbanist
on the road

The idea would be having the bridge completed, Messina and Catania are far bigger cities than Reggio.
Old December 20th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #1293
Samply

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Apparently, NTV is considering a new partially high-speed service to connect Marche with Milano. The province would be in talks with NTV to set up such service.

There would be 4 or 5 daily departures from Ancona to Milano and back, with intermediate stops in Fano, Pesaro, Rimini and Bologna.

NTV has also declared its interests on exploring "higher speed" services along non-HS mainlines.

http://www.ntvspa.it/it/ntv/pagine/1...Adriatica.html

According to this hopefully the link between Milan and the Adriatic riviera would be functional by June 2013 connecting Milan with Bologna, Forlì, Rimini, Pesaro and Ancona with 3 trainsets a day.
Samply no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #1294
Suburbanist
on the road

It is estimated that the average price of tickets on routes with NTV vs. Trenitalia competition dropped 16% on the 2nd semester of 2012 (between June and December timetable changes).

Trenitalia is apparently following a policy of closing on Italo prices to avoid losing market share.

Meanwhile, the number of domestic non-connecting air passengers between Milano and Roma dropped 63% between 2006 and 2012.
Old December 20th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #1295
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Flying might still be more convenient for certain passengers coming from the surrounding countryside, but it's hard to imagine why would inhabitants of Milan and Rome itself would choose it over the train.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM   #1296
Neverworld

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Meanwhile, the number of domestic non-connecting air passengers between Milano and Roma dropped 63% between 2006 and 2012.
Wow, that's a big drop. Of course, Milano used to be a hub for Alitalia back in the days, so maybe there is an increase in connecting passengers? Any numbers on that? After all, the Linate situation is tricky, as airlines are only allowed to operate a specific number of flights from that airport if I recall correctly. Anyway, bit off-topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
The best is probably to do exactly what they are proposing to do. 3 h 10 m (if true) from Reggio to Napoli would still beat driving by a considerable margin and adding another 1 1/2 h to Rome would still be marginally competitive with flying. In any case it would be convenient for those wanting to go from Rome or Naples to sea side resorts further south.

Reggio is too small to warrant a full blown HSR line through a very difficult terrain, besides I don't think Italy can afford that right now.
Well, Italy doesn't really have a budget problem at the moment, it's more a growth issue. If a competitive railway in the South can potentially solve part of that problem, I'd say start building yesterday.
Neverworld no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:10 PM   #1297
dreaad
Torino è elettronica!!

Likes (Received): 2867

Quote:
Italian government has committed € 615 million for 2013 works on the speeding and modernization of the Salerno-Reggio Calabria railway.

This is part of a plan to allow full 200km/h traffic all the way to Reggio C.

In my opinion, this is a complicate rail case. It is too far from everything else to be competitive without a full-blown HSR. It will still takes 3h10 to travel between Reggio Calabria and Napoli after all improvement works have been completed on faster trains running there. It is unlikely there would be a Roma-Reggio Calabria train under 4 hours (currently the faster trains there take whooping 6h18 for the whole trip, which makes them not a competitor for domestic flights).

A new HSR there, though, would cost at least € 30 billion because of unforgiving terrain. Then, you need other € 4 billion for "il Ponte".

So I really don't know what is the best course of action there.
today the fastest train between rome and reggio calabria takes 5h12, using the HSL till naples.
with the line upgraded, 4h or little more is feasible.

«Torino è la città italiana in cui negli ultimi anni si è costruito di più, un processo che riguarda tutte le città post-industriali, destinate a diventare città del divertimento. Il modello, anche se non esplicito, è Las Vegas» (Giuseppe Culicchia)
dreaad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #1298
Mauz®
Utonto

Likes (Received): 501

SPAM!
Mauz® está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1299
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Likes (Received): 11124

Turin Porta Susa Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxromana View Post
Già postato?

Old January 16th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #1300
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2077

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
alta velocità