daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 10th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1421
GENIUS LOCI
No More Italian Mod

Likes (Received): 11128

Some pics of BOLOGNA HS underground station

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick84 View Post
Vero, non male.
Per˛ i marciapiedi mi sembrano un po' strettini...

Riporto alcune foto in modo che rimangano:

Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #1422
Harshada

Likes (Received): 0

Re : ITALY | High Speed Rail

Fantastic look and structure of the railway station.
Harshada no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1423
intersezioni

Likes (Received): 32

Mamma mia let's start with the jealousies, the station is bad, Calatrava is boring, the materials are cheap, train lines are useless,disabled people remain trapped on the tracks, ecc...... always say the same words against my land, just read the old posts! we lack the mafia pizza and mandolin and stereotypes and malice against Italy are always served! You have only inferiority complex!
I bet if it had been built in Sweden would be magnificent! You are the usual jealous!

SAS 16 liked this post

Last edited by intersezioni; June 10th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #1424
SAS 16

Likes (Received): 160

I actually like it a lot in the interior, it looks fantastic. My only dislike is the exterior as i think the fašade is too homogenous (i would have like more diferences in the overall fašade) anyway congratulations for developing your hsr network from spain
SAS 16 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #1425
intersezioni

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS 16 View Post
I actually like it a lot in the interior, it looks fantastic. My only dislike is the exterior as i think the fašade is too homogenous (i would have like more diferences in the overall fašade) anyway congratulations for developing your hsr network from spain
Thanks!
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #1426
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16488

intersezioni, actually joseph1951 is way too italian...

BTW, I really like it.
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #1427
intersezioni

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
intersezioni, actually joseph1951 is way too italian...

BTW, I really like it.

Peggio, mi fa incazzare ancora di piu', se non ci vanno bene le cose muoviamo il culo dal seggiolone e le andiamo a dire in faccia ai nostri amministratori e politici locali invece di sputtanare il nostro paese gratis sul forum internazionali al buio delle nostre camerette! I Francesi o Tedeschi non sputtanano il loro paese e i problemi li hanno anche loro (ps guardate il nuovo aeroporto di Berlino !!!)
Smettiamola e un po di orgoglio!
for english version used google translate or you studied the Italian!

narkelion, JB Colbert liked this post

Last edited by intersezioni; June 10th, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old June 10th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1428
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16488

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post
Peggio, mi fa incazzare ancora di piu'!

for english version use google translate!
*censored*

narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #1429
Glodenox

Likes (Received): 655

I'm not a fan of Calatrava stations and that one is no exception. I didn't like the one that was built in LiŔge either as they seem to care more about aesthetics and less about the people actually using the stations.
I like the Bologna underground station though. There's only so much you can do to them to improve their looks as they're in a very confined space and the end result there seems nice to me
Old June 10th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #1430
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENIUS LOCI View Post
I'm afraid the underground (or even pre-metro) project is not scheduled anymore.

They're now just talking of a trolleybus line
Bologna would have deserved it, anyway nice station

Kind regards
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #1431
willele

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Peggio, mi fa incazzare ancora di piu', se non ci vanno bene le cose muoviamo il culo dal seggiolone e le andiamo a dire in faccia ai nostri amministratori e politici locali invece di sputtanare il nostro paese gratis sul forum internazionali al buio delle nostre camerette! I Francesi o Tedeschi non sputtanano il loro paese e i problemi li hanno anche loro (ps guardate il nuovo aeroporto di Berlino !!!)
Smettiamola e un po di orgoglio!
for english version used google translate or you studied the Italian!
Sono d'accordissimo,....per non parlare dei db velaro 407 che dovevano entrare in servizio nel 2009 e forse..... dico forse entrano alla fine del 2013!!!!!!!!!!!
willele no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #1432
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8714

Quote:
Mamma mia let's start with the jealousies, the station is bad, Calatrava is boring, the materials are cheap, train lines are useless,disabled people remain trapped on the tracks, ecc...... always say the same words against my land, just read the old posts! we lack the mafia pizza and mandolin and stereotypes and malice against Italy are always served! You have only inferiority complex!
I bet if it had been built in Sweden would be magnificent! You are the usual jealous!
Look up my posts in the Ground Zero Traffic Hub thread and you will find exactly the same statements. Calatrava is easily among the least creative architects out there. Inferiority complex? Why would that be?

Parlando di inferiority complex: Ma guardate ai tedeschi con il nuovo aeroporto di Berlino... DB 407...

Last edited by KingNick; June 11th, 2013 at 01:42 AM.
KingNick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 01:56 AM   #1433
jumping_jack
midnight talker

Likes (Received): 821

del

Last edited by jumping_jack; June 29th, 2013 at 10:35 PM.
jumping_jack no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1434
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

I like the idea of Italy getting some signature stations from famous starchitects. what makes ppl like Calatavra or Zara Hadid great is that they have a personal style that works out irrespective of the place they are stick in.

For me, this is the sign of highest greatness of an architect: be able to design your own thing, with extreme freedom and very few aesthetic constraints on making it fit some regional style or local style (or buildings nearby, which doesn't apply here as the station is a greenfield site).

Now the issue of not having disable facilities is outrageous if true.

Last edited by Suburbanist; June 11th, 2013 at 02:15 AM.
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #1435
joseph1951
BANNED

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I like the idea of Italy getting some signature stations from famous starchitects. what makes ppl like Calatavra or Zara Hadid great is that they have a personal style that works out irrespective of the place they are stick in.

For me, this is the sign of highest greatness of an architect: be able to design your own thing, with extreme freedom and very few aesthetic constraints on making it fit some regional style or local style (or buildings nearby, which doesn't apply here as the station is a greenfield site).

Now the issue of not having disable facilities is outrageous if true.
An infrastructure must also be useful. If it is also beautiful is an extra bonus, but this exta requirement is not vital to its purpose, it is a mere bonus.

Also, an infrastructure of this type must be not too difficult to build. Some of the Calatrava railway stations and bridges were found to be difficult to build and/ or impractical to use.

This station is a mere covering of a section of a railway viaduct, which differs from the usual box -type enclosure, for its "wawing roof".

The need and practicality for this "beeetrootfield station in the middle of nowhere" can be questioned.

As far as one can see form the pictures pubblished, the materials used for its construction seem to be of poor quality.

The region has very hot summers and quite cold winters, and the transparent roof could make this station very unconfortable, during the summer and winter months...

Last edited by joseph1951; June 12th, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
joseph1951 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #1436
joseph1951
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by willele View Post
Sono d'accordissimo,....per non parlare dei db velaro 407 che dovevano entrare in servizio nel 2009 e forse..... dico forse entrano alla fine del 2013!!!!!!!!!!!
If you are referring to the 10 ICE e320 which Siemens is building for the Eurotunnel they will be in revenue service around 2017.

But this has nothing to do with the topic which is: Reggio Emilia Calatrava HS Beetroot Station, in the Middle of nowhere".

Anyways if the problem of the rain pouring on the station pavement cannot be solved, I am sure that Trenitalia will be only too happy to provide the V.I.P Frecciarossa (Red Arrow) High Speed Passengers with inflatable gondolas.

In this manner, the VIP Frecciarossa passengers will be able to smoothly sail through the entire station.

Last edited by joseph1951; June 11th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #1437
intersezioni

These are real problems of construction and maintenance:

Paris, France:

Germany ( inferiority complex for my friend KingNick )

The more serious about high-speed rail crash in Europe:

Newly inaugurated problems with glasses and disengage broke and water infiltration

eccccc....

Italian first to speak bad of your country and do not reflect the accuracy of this world, not even in other countries!

SAS 16 liked this post
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #1438
Buno

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1951 View Post

As far as one can see form the pictures pubblished, the materials used for its construction seem to be of poor quality.
From pictures? Are you serious?
Buno no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1439
joseph1951
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buno View Post
From pictures? Are you serious?
Crack floor tiles are clearly visibile on the undergound station floor.
Old June 11th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #1440
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

Quote:

Italian first to speak bad of your country and do not reflect the accuracy of this world, not even in other countries!
Please, stop the drama.

Local forumers are usually the first to point problems on their own systems on this infrastructure forumers, be them roads or railways. Usually they are even the most vocal critics because they deal with the systems on a frequent basis.

Tags
alta velocitÓ