daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1441
joseph1951
BANNED

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post
These are real problems of construction and maintenance:

Paris, France:

Germany ( inferiority complex for my friend KingNick )

The more serious about high-speed rail crash in Europe:

Newly inaugurated problems with glasses and disengage broke and water infiltration

eccccc....

Italian first to speak bad of your country and do not reflect the accuracy of this world, not even in other countries!
Problems do occur during engineering works. In the Italian specific cases engineering/construction faults were detected during the "official opening" of the two stations.

In any case, it is rather childish to try justify these things by pointing out that enginnering problems have occurred in other countries as well during the construction of artefacts.

If there are problems with the two new stations they will have to try to fix them.

Furthermore, in a public international forum it is not forbidden to notice some mistakes made during the construction of the said stations.

Last edited by joseph1951; June 12th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.
joseph1951 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #1442
intersezioni

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph1951 View Post
Problems do occur during engineering works. In the Italian specific cases engineering/construction faults were detected during the "official opening" of the two stations.

In any case, it is rather childish to try justify these things by pointing out that enginnering problems have occurred in other countries as well during the construction of artefacts.

If there are problems with the two new stations they have to try to fix them.

Furthermore in a public international forum it is not forbidden to notice some mistakes made during the construction of the said stations.
oh Yes yes, I bet you're ready to criticize the sattion of Florence and Salerno that have not yet been opened!
You're so predictable!
I'ma not a Troll but a person tired of hearing always attack Italy with the excuse of being critical because technical or specialized ones, I'm always just criticize! read all posts from beginning to end!
I can understand the criticism of foreigners mixed with envy and malice but to hear it from the Italian people because they want to make a good impression to the eye of the world from me in the head!

I stop here I do not want a discussion pointless and that does not affect anyone, but for a long time and I wanted to say my impression!
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:00 AM   #1443
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

I smell an over-sensitive drama queen.

Just because someone has some issues with certain design (-flaws), does NOT mean they are personally attacking you or your country.
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #1444
joseph1951
BANNED

Quote:
oh Yes yes, I bet you're ready to criticize the sattion of Florence and Salerno that have not yet been opened!
You're so predictable!
I'ma not a Troll but a person tired of hearing always attack Italy with the excuse of being critical because technical or specialized ones, I'm always just criticize! read all posts from beginning to end!
I can understand the criticism of foreigners mixed with envy and malice but to hear it from the Italian people because they want to make a good impression to the eye of the world from me in the head!

I stop here I do not want a discussion pointless and that does not affect anyone, but for a long time and I wanted to say my impression!
Dear intersezioni,
I am an Italian citizien and I have been living in the UK for three decades. I also lived in the US of A, and my late wife was of American origin.

When I judge a man-made artefact I try to judge it on its merit, it possible uses, its cost- effectivness, and if I notice some flaws in its design, or in its construction, I point them out.

I do not judge according to the alledged nationality of the artefact, or according to a phoney understanding of patriotism.

On the Italian forum you seem very critical of some Italian high-speed rail projects, but you have been very protective of them on the international forum.

Why?

Why do you feel the need to tell two different stories: one for the "foreigners", and the other for the "Italians"?

Suburbanist, Silly_Walks liked this post

Last edited by joseph1951; June 12th, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #1445
intersezioni

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Dear intersezioni,
I am an Italian citizien and I have been living in the UK for three decades. I also lived in the US of A, and my late wife was of American origin.

When I judge a man-made artefact I try to judge it on its merit, it possible uses, its cost- effectivness, and if I notice some flaws in its design, or in its construction, I point them out.

I do not judge according to the alledged nationality of the artefact, or according to a phoney understanding of patriotism.

On the Italian forum you seem very critical of some Italian high-speed rail projects, but you have been very protective of them on the international forum.

Why?

Why do you feel the need to tell two different stories: one for the "foreigners", and the other for the Italians?

What?

Tell me where I've been critical of the Italian forum on high speed trains and stations! waiting for your reply
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #1446
joseph1951
BANNED

Quote:
What?

Tell me where I've been critical of the Italian forum on high speed trains and stations! waiting for your reply
I have never said that your are protective of Italian High speed trains discrussed in this forum: I just said that you seem to feel the need to provide one version of Italian news for "foreigners", and another version for "Italians".

Fpr instance in this post of yours that you posted on an Italian Thread on the Italian sections, you are very critical of the filth in the streets in Milan.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...ostcount=13725

You then continue with this bitchiness all over the said thread.
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1447
joseph1951
BANNED

Quote:
Peggio, mi fa incazzare ancora di piu', se non ci vanno bene le cose muoviamo il culo dal seggiolone e le andiamo a dire in faccia ai nostri amministratori e politici locali invece di sputtanare il nostro paese gratis sul forum internazionali al buio delle nostre camerette! I Francesi o Tedeschi non sputtanano il loro paese e i problemi li hanno anche loro (ps guardate il nuovo aeroporto di Berlino !!!)
Smettiamola e un po di orgoglio!
for english version used google translate or you studied the Italian
!
intersezioni,

In this post which you wrote in Italian (or sort of..) you more o less said:

"Worse he drives me berserk when he keeps slagging us off. If "we" (Italians) dont' like how things are done we will move our arses from our high chairs and we will tell (these matters) to the faces of our administrators, politicians and local institutions, instead of slagging us off, on the international forum whilst (he is) confined and protected by the darkness of (his) small rooms..."France and Germany do not slag/ctricise their own Countries (ps: look at the new Berlin Airport!!)
Let's stop this forthwith, and let's show a bit of pride!
the you added:
for english version used google translate or you studied the Italian"

============

Dear intersezioni,
If you dont' like what the politicians are doing in Italy, you might well tell them. But this will not prevent other forumers writing in the international section, to express their own opinions on the newly built italian artefacs, especially when most of the the "foreign" opionins are accurate, balanced, to the point, competent and well documented.

Incidentally : have you noted that many Italian Politicians do not command International respect?

Not long ago an issue of The Economist came out with an article titled:

"The man who screwed an entire Country"

mi3max liked this post

Last edited by joseph1951; June 13th, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1448
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
As low as € 9 with advance purchase.
Do you joke?
How long does it take to link the two cities?

And how much and long for roma-milan for example
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #1449
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Do you joke?
How long does it take to link the two cities?

And how much and long for roma-milan for example
From Milano Centrale to Torino Porta Nuova (central station) the HST takes exactly 1 hour (sometimes 57 minutes).

From Roma Termini to Milano Centrale is 2:55. Prices goes from 39€ (lowest price) to 86€ (Standard fare in 2nd class, called "Standard" class).

But I must say that the ticket at 9€ is really hard to find. Normal price is 30€. have a look here, for time and prices: https://www.lefrecce.it/B2CWeb/searc...5nQX5&lang=en&

narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #1450
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

The cheapest tickets are sold out very quickly. About 50 euros one way between Rome and Milan is a realistic price you can get with only moderate planning ahead. There is also a competing NTV service with similar prices albeit it is not using the same stations and takes a bit longer.
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #1451
narkelion
Brentered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
The cheapest tickets are sold out very quickly. About 50 euros one way between Rome and Milan is a realistic price you can get with only moderate planning ahead. There is also a competing NTV service with similar prices albeit it is not using the same stations and takes a bit longer.
It doesn't take longer. In facts, it takes less to go from Rome to Milan (2:45). But of course it doesn't use the same stations (Tiburtina and Ostiense in Rome, Rogoredo and Porta Garibaldi in Milan). It might also be quicker to reach some areas of the city, which are better connected (via Subway or Bus).
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #1452
Sunfuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
It doesn't take longer. In facts, it takes less to go from Rome to Milan (2:45). But of course it doesn't use the same stations (Tiburtina and Ostiense in Rome, Rogoredo and Porta Garibaldi in Milan). It might also be quicker to reach some areas of the city, which are better connected (via Subway or Bus).
You are right, it depends from which station to which you measure.

I was on vacation in Naples area two weeks ago. We flew to Rome and took the HS train down to Naples. I looked at both options - prices were about the same (20 euros), but coming from airport Trenitalia service is more convenient and the timing of trains seemed to be better as well.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #1453
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

prices are cheap in Italy railways...

Here in france you have Lille-Paris(1hour distance) normal price at 52€
But the most of time you have tickets on internet between 30-40€.
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #1454
narkelion
Brentered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
You are right, it depends from which station to which you measure.

I was on vacation in Naples area two weeks ago. We flew to Rome and took the HS train down to Naples. I looked at both options - prices were about the same (20 euros), but coming from airport Trenitalia service is more convenient and the timing of trains seemed to be better as well.
Actually, is probably faster Trenitalia, but as well as more expensive: you could have taken FL1 suburban train from Fiumicino Aeroporto to Roma Tiburtina (45 minutes, 8€, instead of going to Termini with 30 minutes and 17€), and then Italo to Naples (same time as FrecciaRossa: 1:08 vs 1:10).
Old June 12th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1455
narkelion
Brentered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
prices are cheap in Italy railways...

Here in france you have Lille-Paris(1hour distance) normal price at 52€
But the most of time you have tickets on internet between 30-40€.
They are really cheap if you book in advance. Actually, rail services in IT are (from what I've seen of the rest of EU) cheaper then countries like UK, France, Germany and Spain. But I must also admit that regional services aren't as good as HS services.
Actually, they are treated like "second class" trains.

Little example: Thalys train, from paris nord to Bruxelles Central: 129€ (standard fare) for 3:19 of travel. It can be compared to Roma - Milano, that costs 89€ (standard fare).
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1456
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21236

How many people do actually pay standard fares though?
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #1457
Sunfuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
Actually, is probably faster Trenitalia, but as well as more expensive: you could have taken FL1 suburban train from Fiumicino Aeroporto to Roma Tiburtina (45 minutes, 8€, instead of going to Termini with 30 minutes and 17€), and then Italo to Naples (same time as FrecciaRossa: 1:08 vs 1:10).
We did that and then took the metro to Termini. The choice had more to do with more convenient timing of trains particularly on the way back. Maybe next time when I have an opportunity I'll check out the competing service.

HS service was very good, but other services in the area are nothing to write home about. We almost got stuck in Salerno because it wasn't possible to buy tickets after 9 pm on virtually empty train...
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1458
narkelion
Brentered

Quote:
Right. Sometimes it happens to my dad (He has to traver RM-MI every week for work reasons) though.
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #1459
Sunfuns

Quote:
I don't think I've ever done so. I believe for long distance services it would be more fair to compare the best prices available two weeks in advance. Most people who travel for leisure are able to plan and buy tickets at least that much in advance.
Old June 12th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #1460
willele

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
If you are referring to the 10 ICE e320 which Siemens is building for the Eurotunnel they will be in revenue service around 2017.

But this has nothing to do with the topic which is: Reggio Emilia Calatrava HS Beetroot Station, in the Middle of nowhere".

Anyways if the problem of the rain pouring on the station pavement cannot be solved, I am sure that Trenitalia will be only too happy to provide the V.I.P Frecciarossa (Red Arrow) High Speed Passengers with inflatable gondolas.

In this manner, the VIP Frecciarossa passengers will be able to smoothly sail through the entire station.
Scuse me sir ...I could not agree, .... not to mention the 407 DEUTCHE BAHN Velaro were going to enter service in 2009 and perhaps ..... just maybe come to the end of 2013!!!!
willele no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
alta velocità