daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 15th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #2041
CDTI

Likes (Received): 25

The Government adopted an Initiative for construction of new Expressway

Government of FB&H adopted the initiative for implementation of the project of construction of expressway Lasva – Nevic Polje as the first phase of the project of expressway Lasva – Donji Vakuf according to the model of concession, in accordance with the decision of the Government of FB&H from the 25th of January 2010.

[...]

Route Lasva – Nevic Polje is part of a new extension of the European network of express roads, the so-called route 2A Okucani (Croatia) – Banja Luka – Jajce – Travnik – Lasva and as a very frequent road it represent a great opportunity for the allocation of the first concessions in the field of construction of roads in the FB&H.

[...]

More info: Sarajevo Times

piotr71, stickedy liked this post
CDTI no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2016, 12:46 PM   #2042
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Wouldn't be worst thing to build. Lasva - Travnik is hell to drive because of trucks and villages...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 09:59 PM   #2043
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Wouldn't be worst thing to build. Lasva - Travnik is hell to drive because of trucks and villages...
I have to admit - I don't understand this. Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in building the A1 towards Doboj so that the Banja Luka traffic can go that way instead of on the current route?

I might be underestimating Jajce as a destination though...
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 12:19 AM   #2044
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
I have to admit - I don't understand this. Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in building the A1 towards Doboj so that the Banja Luka traffic can go that way instead of on the current route?

I might be underestimating Jajce as a destination though...
You underestimate Travnik as destination The Lašva valley from Lašva to Travnik is full of companies and commercial buildings. There's also a lot of truck traffic there. After Travnik the road is more or less empty.

An expressway to Travnik is really needed!

And mentioning Banja Luka is just spoofing to get some EU financing for that project. FBiH plans an expressway to Bihac over Jajce (okay, there's a "slight" problem with Mrkonjic Grad...), so that the part to Travnik is the first step. However, there's no expressway needed further west of Travnik right now.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old February 20th, 2016, 06:22 PM   #2045
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2190

The expressway Lasva-Travnik is primarily needed for the dense local and regional traffic, secondarily for the transit.
This expressway and A1 are not direct alternatives for each other, as each has its own purpose.
We can't wait for A1 to be finished before getting to other priorities, such as this one.
Old February 21st, 2016, 08:49 PM   #2046
Eulanthe

Got it, thank you. I guess it's rather like the long and tedious drive between Brcko and Tuzla - just one endless town with a very busy road?

Actually, speaking of Bihać - I really enjoyed driving from Livno to Bihać. The road was in excellent condition almost the entire way (except between Bosansko Grahovo and Drvar, and even then it was merely good). Drvar to Martin Brod was great fun, especially as the road was littered with rockfall that made you want to drive as fast as possible downhill. Martin Brod to Kulen Vakuf doesn't have asphalt, but it was smooth enough to drive on, and from Kulen Vakuf to Bihać was excellent.

I have one question actually - what's the story with Drvar? Everywhere between Livno and Bihać was nice, but Drvar was in a really bad way - it looks to be completely economically wrecked. Is there any reason why it's so bad compared to other places on the way?

Old February 27th, 2016, 12:56 AM   #2047
AleksLazarevic

Likes (Received): 356

Quote:
Got it, thank you. I guess it's rather like the long and tedious drive between Brcko and Tuzla - just one endless town with a very busy road?

Actually, speaking of Bihać - I really enjoyed driving from Livno to Bihać. The road was in excellent condition almost the entire way (except between Bosansko Grahovo and Drvar, and even then it was merely good). Drvar to Martin Brod was great fun, especially as the road was littered with rockfall that made you want to drive as fast as possible downhill. Martin Brod to Kulen Vakuf doesn't have asphalt, but it was smooth enough to drive on, and from Kulen Vakuf to Bihać was excellent.

I have one question actually - what's the story with Drvar? Everywhere between Livno and Bihać was nice, but Drvar was in a really bad way - it looks to be completely economically wrecked. Is there any reason why it's so bad compared to other places on the way?
Almost no one lives there, no jobs, no future, etc.

AleksLazarevic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2016, 01:08 AM   #2048
stickedy

News about BiH motorways: http://faktor.ba/jasmin-buco-direkto...gotov-do-2020/

I don't understand everything, but as far as I get it: It's planned to finish almost all parts of corridor V in FBiH till 2020 except Tarcin - Konjic and Mostar north - Mostar nouth since financing is secured or almost secured.

Dobolj - Zepce and expressway Lasva - Travnik should be financed as PPP projects.

Old February 28th, 2016, 05:15 PM   #2049
čarli

Likes (Received): 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
I don't understand everything, but as far as I get it: It's planned to finish almost all parts of corridor V in FBiH till 2020 except Tarcin - Konjic and Mostar north - Mostar nouth since financing is secured or almost secured.
You just read a fairy tale It's more like 2030 rather then 2020 if everything goes well. And a lot of parts of a corridor are not financially secured. They are lying so often that is not even funny anymore

čarli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 02:31 PM   #2050
Eulanthe

Honestly, I'd be happy if they simply finished the easiest bits. Getting the A1 built to Mostar shouldn't be difficult, and then building bit by bit towards the entity border from Zenica north would also be nice.

Anyway, stupid question of the day : how exactly do speed limits in BiH work? In Poland, if you pass a speed limit sign, that sign is cancelled by the next intersection. But in BiH?

heretic, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old March 6th, 2016, 03:16 PM   #2051
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

It should be the same...
KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 06:33 PM   #2052
CDTI

Director Bučo speaks on the Plans of Highway construction

Director of the Public Enterprise Motorways of FBiH Jasmin Bučo spoke about planned activities on the construction of the Corridor 5C, increase in excise taxes on fuel, debts, planned activities, biggest challenges and the continuation of construction of the highway towards the north of BiH.
With the adopted Draft Law on excise taxes, the allocations for highways will increase by 0.10 BAM per kilometer. Bučo highlights that this increase will be very important for the continuation of dynamics of the construction of highways, because perspectives are opened regarding the developmental projects. The plan is to build two thirds of the Corridor 5C until 2020.

[..]

Old March 8th, 2016, 06:35 PM   #2053
CDTI

Savings at the Expense of a Mountain: How justified is the Highway through Prenj?

The decision on the construction of highway section from Konjic to Mostar through the Prenj Mountain is more and more certain, after the Government of FBiH reached that decision in order to shorten the mentioned section and save more than 300 million EUR.

However, the issue of influence on the environment and the proposed financing model are in question.

[...]

Old March 8th, 2016, 06:53 PM   #2054
hammersklavier
Feral

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTI View Post
Savings at the Expense of a Mountain: How justified is the Highway through Prenj?

The decision on the construction of highway section from Konjic to Mostar through the Prenj Mountain is more and more certain, after the Government of FBiH reached that decision in order to shorten the mentioned section and save more than 300 million EUR.

However, the issue of influence on the environment and the proposed financing model are in question.

[...]

Wait ... Building anything through a mountain requires either (a) tunneling or (b) removing the mountain. Neither of which is as cheap as simply going around a mountain.

hammersklavier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2016, 10:16 PM   #2055
atlantis.
Modulator

The choices here were tunneling through one place or another. There is no choice to remove or go around.

atlantis. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #2056
Eulanthe

Is the extra 0.10BAM tax applicable to the entire of BiH, or only the Federation?

Old March 9th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #2057
atlantis.
Modulator

Quote:
Is the extra 0.10BAM tax applicable to the entire of BiH, or only the Federation?

Entire BiH, to be divided between the entities.

atlantis. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2016, 03:09 AM   #2058
Eulanthe

Scowl. No more cheap petrol

Old March 26th, 2016, 03:25 PM   #2059
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestvaran View Post
Svilaj-Odžak section satellite image
Its now on Historical Imagery of GE

Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2016, 09:44 PM   #2060
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Even when bridge b/n HR and BiH will be ready to use this section of A1 do not give a big advantage because looks like RS of BiH is not interested in to build A1 on its territory soon, I mean next 5-10 years...
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways