daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 4th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #2081
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3467

03.06 Finally a better view of the first section which finally seams to be fully underconstruction around Zenica, Drivuša-Klopče 2,23 km with bridge Drivuša 650m (first 4 pics) and vaidukt Perin Han 390m (in the distance on the 5 pic).
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNagib View Post
Drivuša-Klopče, 2,23 km u izgradnji, na slikama se vodi most Drivuša i vijadukt Perin Han (tamo u daljini), kao i Petlja Drivuša i COKP

Jedna u prolazu, most Drivuša

ETSman, piotr71, 8166UY, SRC_100, Adayafter and 3 others liked this post
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2016, 12:24 AM   #2082
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5090

A1 Tarčin-Sarajevo West toll

A1 Sarajevo West-Stup (Sarajevo neighbourhood via bypass)

nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 10:11 PM   #2083
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Banja Luka-Prnjavor section of the Banja Luka-Doboj highway, some aerial views

Old June 16th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #2084
CDTI

Likes (Received): 25

How much will cost the Construction of the First Transversal?

Based on a detailed analysis of the Construction Institute of the Sarajevo Canton, it was determined that part of the First transversal at section from Kranjceviceva Street to Hotonj, with the total length of 5.08 kilometers, will cost more than 215 million BAM.

[...]

More info: Sarajevo Times
CDTI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2016, 03:00 PM   #2085
CDTI

738 Million BAM ready for four Tunnels on the Corridor 5C

Construction of four tunnels on the Corridor 5C which are on the list of priorities of the FBiH Government, whose implementation will substantially shorten the traveling time, primarily towards the south, will cost 783 million BAM in total.

Those are projects of “Motorways of FBiH” which are already completely ready for implementation and whose documentation is ready for investing already by the end of this year or in early 2017, while the construction funds are already provided by foreign creditors.

[...]

Old June 16th, 2016, 07:08 PM   #2086
roaddor

Likes (Received): 5471

The long Prenj tunnel is supposed to cost approx. 200 mln. euro. Then it should be single tube?
roaddor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2016, 05:49 AM   #2087
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

After "playing" with the Google maps distance measuring tool, i tried to fill the motorway gap between Sarajevo and Mostar, it was interesting and it would've been amazing if this part had existed......as i don't know anything about it, but the difficulty of building it because of the terrain, are there any planned cost, length or numbers of tunnels or viaducts?
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2016, 10:15 PM   #2088
CDTI

Hightway Banja Luka - Prijedor finished in 2 years?

The President of Republika Srpska Milorad Dodik announced yesterday that in the next two years could be built the highway Banjaluka - Prijedor.

[...]

More info: Prijedorske.info
Old June 27th, 2016, 10:30 AM   #2089
CDTI

80 million EUR of Loan for the continuation of the Construction of Corridor 5C?

Government of FBiH adopted on the 24th of June indebtedness of the FBiH under the Loan Agreement between the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and BiH, for implementation of the project Corridor 5C in the amount of 80 million EUR. These funds will be used for the highway subsections: Buna – Pocitelj, Donja Gracanica – Tunnel Peculj (Zenica North) and Tunnel Pecuj – Klopce.
[...]

celevac liked this post
Old June 30th, 2016, 10:01 AM   #2090
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

hi! how's going construction of Medjugorie-Pocitelj segment? will it be finished for summer 2017?
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2016, 11:05 AM   #2091
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Definitely not Construction of that section hasn't even started yet
Old July 1st, 2016, 11:17 PM   #2092
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by roaddor View Post
The long Prenj tunnel is supposed to cost approx. 200 mln. euro. Then it should be single tube?
I can't imagine FBiH finding the money for a twin tube, not when there's still other parts of the corridor to finish.

This is the current way of thinking : http://www.sarajevotimes.com/karic-h...million-euros/

It actually makes a lot of sense. The tunnel will be very attractive for road users, which means that they're less likely to take the old road through Jablanica.

Getting the road under Prenj means that traffic is also likely to increase between Sarajevo and Mostar, which should provide more motivation to build the other missing sections.

The only real issue that I can think of is that we're highly unlikely to see the tunnel open before 2025.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 07:25 PM   #2093
Kriticat

Hello all
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am driving back from Greece to UK and planning to cross from Albania to Zagreb avoiding the coast road...beautiful in the winter but I imagine it's awful in July!
What are the roads like from the Montenegro border to join up with croatia's a1 above ploce? What is the best route to take? Can I buy insurance on the border?
Thanks for any help
Kriticat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 09:09 PM   #2094
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Take this: https://goo.gl/maps/BM9poPgULVS2

Podgorica - Niksic - Trebinje - A1 BiH

It's nice roads, very few traffics, no waiting time at the border and a very nice landscape

What insurance? What country are you from? Normally Green Card (international insurance card) is sufficient in BiH. If you need extra insurance, you will most likely only get it on the real big border crossings (like Neum).
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 09:51 PM   #2095
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

As @stickedy said, if you have a green card no further insurance is needed.

Better take this way through Hercegovina:

https://goo.gl/maps/J5RUpvHrb1z

The R-426 is asphalted, but is very very very narrow (partly a former narrow gauge railway track) unless they changed something there in the last few years, which i clearly doubt, honestly. Maybe someone has further information on that road, but this is not to be recommended. Keep on M-6 (via Ljubinje - Stolac) and you will be fine.

Fuel is really cheap in BiH, there used to be a Gazprom station in Čapljina:

https://goo.gl/maps/pP47K2J3Q992

which i would recommend.

----------------------------------------------------

been in: al, at, ba, bg, ch, (cs), cz, (dd), de, dk, fr, gr, hr, hu, ie, it, li, lu, me, mk, mt, nl, pl, rs.ba, rs, ru, se, sk, us, (yu)
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2016, 10:43 PM   #2096
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

Is that road better and faster than to continue towards neum and dubrovnik?
Even if you dont care view or anything like that ?
Google says neum and dubrovnik route takes longer but perhaps you know for sure?
Festin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #2097
Kriticat

Thanks for the route suggestions.
We are from UK so our green card doesn't cover BiH or Serbia and you definitely can't buy insurance at Neum, which is actually a tiny border crossing. We have only once been asked for insurance there and we were told we had to drive back to Dubrovnik to buy it!!! Eventually we were let off, it's only for 9 km or so, then you are back in Croatia.

Festin, the neum Dubrovnik route is ok in the winter, but in summer there is so much holiday traffic that the whole coastal route is a nightmare! Even if the alternative is no quicker it will certainly have less caravans on it!

Festin liked this post
Kriticat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2016, 03:12 PM   #2098
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post
Better take this way through Hercegovina:

https://goo.gl/maps/J5RUpvHrb1z

The R-426 is asphalted, but is very very very narrow (partly a former narrow gauge railway track) unless they changed something there in the last few years, which i clearly doubt, honestly. Maybe someone has further information on that road, but this is not to be recommended. Keep on M-6 (via Ljubinje - Stolac) and you will be fine.

Fuel is really cheap in BiH, there used to be a Gazprom station in Čapljina:

https://goo.gl/maps/pP47K2J3Q992

which i would recommend.
You're right of course! M6 ist the way to go. I just made a mistake, sorry.
Old July 5th, 2016, 03:19 PM   #2099
stickedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriticat View Post
Thanks for the route suggestions.
We are from UK so our green card doesn't cover BiH or Serbia and you definitely can't buy insurance at Neum, which is actually a tiny border crossing. We have only once been asked for insurance there and we were told we had to drive back to Dubrovnik to buy it!!! Eventually we were let off, it's only for 9 km or so, then you are back in Croatia.
Hmm... That's bad... If you can't buy it in Neum, you can't buy it fore sure at any border crossing between MNE and BiH because border infrastructure is much simplier than in Neum.

I have no idea where you can buy in MNE, but I assume somewhere in Niksic or Podgorica. Perhaps you can ask your insurance company about that?

Quote:
Festin, the neum Dubrovnik route is ok in the winter, but in summer there is so much holiday traffic that the whole coastal route is a nightmare! Even if the alternative is no quicker it will certainly have less caravans on it!
Yeah, you're right about that. The waiting times at the border MNE-HR could be easily 30-60 minutes and there could also be a large queue at Neum. I've been waiting there two years ago for at least 45 minutes.

And if it's a bad day, there will also be a traffic jam around Dubrovnik, in Mlini and at the ferry in Tivat. And in general it's awful to drive if there's dense traffic. There's close to zero traffic in BiH in comparison.
Old July 5th, 2016, 06:49 PM   #2100
BNX
cue the apocalypse

Likes (Received): 10685

Highway Banja Luka - Doboj Section 1: Banja Luka - Prnjavor. Bridge over Vrbas river.

Alien x, SRC_100, amiron, Zabonz liked this post
BNX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways