daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2016, 08:24 PM   #2101
BNX
cue the apocalypse

Likes (Received): 10700

Highway Banja Luka - Doboj Section 2: Prnjavor - Doboj. Prnjavor interchange.

ChrisZwolle, SRC_100, Alien x, Adayafter liked this post
BNX no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2016, 08:52 PM   #2102
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickedy View Post
Hmm... That's bad... If you can't buy it in Neum, you can't buy it fore sure at any border crossing between MNE and BiH because border infrastructure is much simplier than in Neum.

I have no idea where you can buy in MNE, but I assume somewhere in Niksic or Podgorica. Perhaps you can ask your insurance company about that?
It's only the Neum border that's completely idiotic for insurance. The other BiH crossings (such as that one between Herceg Novi and Trebinje) - you can buy it without a problem, or at least you could a couple of years ago.

I have no idea why BiH doesn't sell insurance on the border there, but the whole attitude of the BiH border police towards Neum is ridiculous.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 02:10 PM   #2103
CDTI

Likes (Received): 25

934 million € for construction of Corridor 5C

"Highways of the Federation" has provided 934 million credit funds to continue construction of Corridor 5C, the most important infrastructure project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, revealed "Dnevni Avaz".

[...]

More info: BiznisInfo
CDTI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2016, 04:51 PM   #2104
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTI View Post
934 million € for construction of Corridor 5C

"Highways of the Federation" has provided 934 million credit funds to continue construction of Corridor 5C, the most important infrastructure project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, revealed "Dnevni Avaz".

[...]

More info: BiznisInfo
So, after that, which parts of the corridor will be constructed?
i think that it is a great leap for the road and these money will provide considerable help.
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2016, 02:28 PM   #2105
CDTI

Here, the same info in English:

934 Million EUR allocated for the Construction of Corridor 5C?

State company “Highways of the FBiH” has ensured 934 million EUR of credit funds for continuation of the construction of Corridor 5C, the most important infrastructure projects in BiH.

It is planned to construct 31 kilometers of highway by the end of the year, as well as section to Zenica and Pocitelj in this mandate of the Management Board, which is a total of 84 kilometers. Also, after the new increase in excise duties on oil and petroleum products, the construction of the highway will be accelerated, as confirmed from this company. Thus, through increased excise taxes “Highways of the FBiH” will annually collect a total of 140 million BAM.

[...]

More info: Sarajevo Times
Old July 11th, 2016, 01:54 AM   #2106
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTI View Post
Here, the same info in English:

934 Million EUR allocated for the Construction of Corridor 5C?

State company “Highways of the FBiH” has ensured 934 million EUR of credit funds for continuation of the construction of Corridor 5C, the most important infrastructure projects in BiH.

It is planned to construct 31 kilometers of highway by the end of the year, as well as section to Zenica and Pocitelj in this mandate of the Management Board, which is a total of 84 kilometers. Also, after the new increase in excise duties on oil and petroleum products, the construction of the highway will be accelerated, as confirmed from this company. Thus, through increased excise taxes “Highways of the FBiH” will annually collect a total of 140 million BAM.

[...]

I see, thank you for the information, i think i am covered!!
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2016, 03:36 PM   #2107
CDTI

Opening of the Highway from Doboj to Prnjavor soon

President of the National Assembly of RS, Nedeljko Cubrilovic, said that he is satisfied with the dynamics of works on the section of the highway Doboj-Prnjavor, adding that it should be open to traffic in the summer.

“I hope that this section will accelerate the economic development of the entire region and prove its importance, as it showed for the overall development of the region, both RS and BiH,” said Cubrilovic to reporters in Johovac, near Doboj, after a tour of the works together with the Minister of Transport and Communications of RS, Nedjo Trninic, and director of “Motorways of RS”, Dusan Topic.

[...]

ChrisZwolle, MichiH liked this post
Old July 12th, 2016, 01:24 PM   #2108
amiron

Likes (Received): 1086

Hi!

I am going to visit Budva in Montenegro this summer and will be going through Bosnia and Herzegovina 12-th of August. From Budapest to Budva I plan to go this path

Can you tell me if this path is under heavy road works or will be some new parts open till this time?

Thanks in advance
Old July 12th, 2016, 03:00 PM   #2109
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

I suggest you to take Slavonski Brod/Brod border crossing I always used to, because Śamać is more busy and a lot of trucks. After Brod you use road no. M14.1 to Derventa, and next road no. M17.2 (be carefull police in one place with 50km/h speed limit ) to M17 (E73). This road isn`t so busy and nice to drive. My proposal

On M17 (E73) to Sarajevo road is nice but rather busy, just after Zenica you use motorway A1. I`ve never drive from Sarajevo in south-east direction.

Due to long way from Budapest to Budva, I suggest to take a accommodation in BiH e.g near Sarajevo - a lot of cheap motels, inns, rest houses etc. You must know that in BiH and Montenegro path goes through montains and it is quite tiring.

amiron, @[email protected] liked this post

Last edited by SRC_100; July 12th, 2016 at 03:06 PM.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 11:16 PM   #2110
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

The southeast of Sarajevo part is perfect and good to drive
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 01:21 AM   #2111
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2190

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiron View Post
Hi!

I am going to visit Budva in Montenegro this summer and will be going through Bosnia and Herzegovina 12-th of August. From Budapest to Budva I plan to go this path

Can you tell me if this path is under heavy road works or will be some new parts open till this time?

Thanks in advance

No major roadworks on the path. Follow the path in the picture above. Šamac (E73) is a better choice than Brod. The road south of Brod is in horrible condition. As mentioned above, take A1 from Zenica to Sarajevo. Cost about 3 euro, definitely worth it.
Use Waze app to get warnings about speed cameras (there are few known traps) and turn-by-turn directions.

amiron liked this post
atlantis. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 12:47 PM   #2112
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis. View Post
Šamac (E73) is a better choice than Brod. The road south of Brod is in horrible condition.
I can not agree. I drive there few times a year and to Derventa the road is close to perfect, next is few km of bad pavement but after that there is wide and not bad road to M17. Very important is:
- after brod little traffic to join with main M17
- you drive more with motorway on croatian side, just last few km (west bypass of Sl. Brod) is normal road but fast to the border. I`v never stayed more than 10min. in the border (both sides), otherwise in Śamać where half hour is standard.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 01:19 PM   #2113
amiron

Likes (Received): 1086

thanks for replies. So I decided to book one night in Sarajevo and the second day go through Mostar to visit lovely bridge
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:19 AM   #2114
CDTI

100 Million BAM Loan for Road Modernization approved?

At yesterday’s session in Mostar, the federal Government approved the indebtedness of FBiH on the basis of the contract on financing between the European Investment Bank and Bosnia and Herzegovina for the implementation of the Project Road Modernization in FBiH amounting to 50.000.000 EUR for the Public Enterprise Roads of FBiH Ltd. Sarajevo.

The loan was approved for the repayment period of 20 years, with a five-year long grace period.

[...]

Old July 15th, 2016, 05:14 PM   #2115
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3478

The contract for the construction of the Sava Bridge at Svilaj (connecting Cro A5 and BiH A1) was finally signed today, for the second time.

http://hac.hr/news/2016/07/15/minist...vi-kod-svilaja
Old July 19th, 2016, 10:22 AM   #2116
Kriticat

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
It's only the Neum border that's completely idiotic for insurance. The other BiH crossings (such as that one between Herceg Novi and Trebinje) - you can buy it without a problem, or at least you could a couple of years ago.

I have no idea why BiH doesn't sell insurance on the border there, but the whole attitude of the BiH border police towards Neum is ridiculous.
That's great to know. Thanks for everyone's help
Kriticat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2016, 05:59 PM   #2117
tooljan

Likes (Received): 902

Arrrrrrgh!

Quote:
BiH is losing money for the bridge near Gradiska!

BANJA LUKA - Bosnia and Herzegovina will, in all probability, lose funds from IPA 2015 to build a half bridge on the Sava River near Gradiska, because the tender for contractors is unlikely to be able to announce by the end of this year.

Specifically, the "Croatian Roads" have confirmed that it is not realistic that the tender is announced by the end of 2016 because the claim that the necessary documentation is not yet ready, while the Ministry of Transport and Communications appeal to hurry with obtaining documents because during 2016. must be at least started using funds from IPA 2015, which by the end of this year must be tendered.

The "Croatian Roads" stressed that made environmental impact studies for the project is complete the bridge, and new environmental impact studies for the project of the bridge and connecting road in Croatia.

"This study is sent to the BiH official channels to the documentation and so far delivered. The following is the implementation of administrative procedures the study in both countries and the issuance of the decision", stressed they are.

Igor Pejic, Secretary of the Ministry of Transport and Communications, said that the mentioned documents are submitted to the Ministry of Transport and Communications at the beginning of the month, as soon as he arrived from Zagreb, but that still did not get back a document from Banja Luka.

"Every day, literally expect us to return the document to be able to issue a building permit and that as quickly as possible in the further proceedings. Why do we still have not received it, I do not know. In any case I do not want to say that anyone stalling, stalling or cottage. But maybe it could be a little faster, "he said, adding that a similar document for the bridge near Svilaj from the Federal Ministry got in a day. "I asked on Friday to write an urgent letter to our colleagues in the RS, but my colleagues asked me to wait another day," he said and ruled out the possibility that the problem is on the Croatian side.

"We need to be honest with ourselves and recognize that these Croatia, metaphorically speaking, passed the buck to our side and now is up to us how we will promptly do our job. I want to say that I have received assurances of the European Commission that they are going to urge Croatia to hurry, but we must first do what is up to us to be able to seek help from Brussels, "he says.

Dusan Topic, director of "Highways RS", said the delay in connection with the construction of the bridge near Gradiska last for years. He is convinced that one is not in their interest to build that bridge and that, therefore, constantly invent new obstacles.

"The whole procedure was slow in Zagreb and Sarajevo. If it is so urgent, why, then, this study six months collecting dust in their drawers? Someone, it seems, did not want to start a procedure apparently with the intention to delay the application for funds. Unfortunately, imposes such an impression. I do not want to say that this was done in agreement, but it is quite clear about what this is and that its attitude towards this project, "she says.

He points out that now there is a risk that the RS lost the grant of 6.8 million euros from the EU. "If it was the desire and the will to do it, all this could make it. I do not see a single reason why the tender could be announced by the end of the year with the approval and support of European Commission Delegation and European banks," concluded Topic.

He points out that the ratio of Sarajevo toward the RS the last few months shows "that are stopped and much less important things." "Around this bridge, the same story is repeated but almost more than ten years - a lack of communication, lack of desire to do a story on the peninsula, which is also clearly play a significant role in all of this," she says.
/by Google traslate/

https://translate.googleusercontent....VeaIZ-h8vjXtVw
Old July 28th, 2016, 06:35 PM   #2118
CDTI

Translated with Google Translate:

Tomorrow presentation highway to Banja Luka and Novi Grad and the fast road to Jasenovac

Minister of Transport and Communications Nedjo Trninić and Director of Public Enterprise "Highways of the Republic of Serbian" Dusan Topic attend tomorrow presentation of the project of the highway Banja Luka - Prijedor - Novi Grad, it was announced today from the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Serbian.
This route is part of the Spatial Plan of the Republic of Serbian, and it is a share of the total length of 80 kilometers, of which the first phase is 50 kilometers from Banja Luka to Prijedor.

In addition, it is planned to build an expressway from Prijedor to Kozarska Dubica and further to Donja Gradina, which is also included in the Spatial Plan of the Republic of Serbian.

[...]

More info (in BCS): Prijedor 24h
Old July 28th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #2119
tooljan

Quote:
The European Union wants a bridge near Gradiska The European Union wants a bridge near Gradiska Dejan Šajinović 28/07/2016 16:48 73 Dijeljenje

BANJA LUKA - The European Union called on BiH. side and Croatia to redouble efforts to achieve a timely final readiness for the project to build the bridge on the Sava River in Gradiska, after which the EU could allocate funds.

As we said Jamila Milovic-Halilovic, a spokesman for the EU Delegation and EU Special Representative in BiH, before the final readiness is necessary to clarify the accompanying questions regarding the study of the environmental impact and complete funding.

The Ministry of Physical Planning, Civil Engineering and Ecology yesterday we were informed that the aforementioned environmental study, which Croatia has forwarded to BiH. site of today is on public display to citizens for 60 days.

"The deadline of 60 days is a condition set by the EU in order to allocate resources because it is a European standards and common procedures for such projects", explained to us in the ministry.

As we reported a few days ago, Igor Pejic, Secretary of the Ministry of Transport and Communications, said that if a tender to select a contractor not been announced by the end of this year, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the Republic of Slovenia (? Srpska!) will lose 6.8 million EU grant.

Judging, however, according to the response from the "Croatian Roads", which we had previously reported, due to the procedure for the aforementioned environmental permit, it will not be possible to meet the deadline to the end of the year.

The Ministry of Transport and Communications the day before said they did not know why the Croatia-mentioned study completed in January, and sent only in June, and why is the Ministry of Transport and Communications waited a month before it is forwarded to Banja Luka.

"Croatian Roads" have us in their letter yesterday clarified that the procedure lasted for six months because they were introduced two changes in March and April, and specified that the final version was completed in April and sent to Bosnia and Herzegovina in June 2016.

"All the above shows that the study is not held back, nor is there any reason to hand the Croatian to the process in any part of slowing down," explained those.

Dusan Topic, however, the director of "Highways RS", points out that the RS version submitted studies which carries the January date, and that it is not clear that, even with the changes, it was necessary to pass this time.

Topic points out that the procedure of public inspection of two months must comply with the request of the EU, but argues that this is not an obstacle to tender for contractors call.

"It's just another excuse to not announce the tender if you do not have a building permit, it will supposedly be some changes. That is, with the approval of the European Commission, which should give consent, can be overcome.

But I always say - just if there is good will on the other hand, "Topic said. What is important, however, is a topic note that trying to organize a meeting of representatives of the EU, Croatian and Bosnia and Herzegovina, in order to speed up the procedure and that BiH would not lose EU funds, and to tender for contractors issued as soon as possible.

The EU yesterday we unequivocally confirmed commitment to the construction of the bridge, pointing out the conclusions of the Western Balkans summit in Vienna in August 2015, which were also approved funds for the construction of the said bridge.

"One of the projects under the Agenda for connectivity that is designed for co-financing from EU funds, by means of Western Balkans Investment Framework, the cross-border bridge in Gradiska, including the construction of a modern and efficient border crossing," said Milovic-Halilovic.
/by Google Translate/

https://translate.googleusercontent....Gl_Wj2j-n5E-nA
Old July 28th, 2016, 09:20 PM   #2120
tooljan

Quote:
Trninić: Croatia obstructed the construction of the bridge near Gradiska

Trninić: Croatia obstructed the construction of the bridge near Gradiska agency 28/07/2016 19:20

Minister of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Serbian Nedjo Trninić said that Croatia obstructed the realization of the project of construction of the bridge on the Sava River near Gradiska, and that it makes a political Sarajevo, because this project is not considered a priority.

"The border crossing in Gradiska in BiH, which is the busiest and has 1.5 million vehicles during the year, obstruct and bridge is not built, it is regrettable," said Trninić.

He noted that some progress has been made, because there was a study on the impact on the environment, and the Ministry of Physical Planning, Civil Engineering and Ecology Serbian for 60 days, after considering the Gradiska Municipality, issued an environmental permit.

"Will remove all the shortcomings, even though we all have previously done and when we do something to stop that, too," said Trninić.

He added that there is no explanation why the project of construction of the bridge on the Sava in the silk starts to work for two years, and this in Gradiska yet.

Trninić emphasizes that any when he talked about infrastructure projects did not avoid to mention the problem of the bridge in Gradiska.

"Unfortunately, what I was saying last year and this year, it turned out to be true, and that is to obstruct the project, which is a priority to us in relation to all infrastructural projects," said Trninić.

He points out that the position of the ministry of transport strategy, which was unanimously adopted by the Council of Ministers, accurate, since it was shown that the Republic of Serbian did not have the ability to determine their own priorities, but someone else is trying to determine.
/by Google Translate/

https://translate.googleusercontent....G2J1tLw8lHrxOA

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways