daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2010, 08:09 PM   #501
spacetweek

Likes (Received): 257

I will be visiting Sarajevo in two weeks. Will the Sarajevo bypass be finished by then? We are taking the bus to Novi Travnik.
spacetweek no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:41 AM   #502
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 159

No it will not be finished
Bad_Hafen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 09:42 PM   #503
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
How old is that picture? I know it used to be an expressway (motorroad), but I'm also sure I've seen a motorway sign on it, and you can see a green direction sign on one of the pictures above.
I remember this as well. I am not sure about the entrance from direction Jablannica/Mostar, but 100% sure about the direction towards Jablanice and Mostar: A green highway sign, although the section is (was?) not more than 2kms long. The last time I was here was in 2003.
The max speed for this section was 80 km/h.
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #504
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
I remember this as well. I am not sure about the entrance from direction Jablannica/Mostar, but 100% sure about the direction towards Jablanice and Mostar: A green highway sign, although the section is (was?) not more than 2kms long. The last time I was here was in 2003.
The max speed for this section was 80 km/h.
And again to repeat when it was open in 1999 there were no motorways in BiH and the politicians decided that it would be cute to put a motorway sign on this road. It is still there and will stay there until they reconstruct the road, but the picture that I posted is of the newer section of the road where the put the actual road designation and it was always that(from its planning stage), an expressway.

p.s. The four lane road north of Banja Luka, even though it had no medium or emergency lanes, also had a green motorway sign before the war that was also a political designation not actual designation (I am pretty sure that they were changed now) . Still today map makers list it as a motorway (and most do not list the Sarajevo-Kakanj section as motorway even though its a year that its finished) . In few months the northern extension of the Banja Luka road will actually be a full fledged motorway.
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 03:35 PM   #505
Ammiraglio

Likes (Received): 0

Hello guys, I' m looking for informations about the itinerary from Mostar to Dubrovnik. There are 3 routes:

1)Follow the itinerary E73, crossing borders at Metkovic and then the Jadranska Magistrala

2)Mostar-Stolac-Ljubinje and near Trebinje follow the road that cross the border near Ivanica - Gornji Brgat

3)Mostar-Stolac-Ljubinje-Ravno-Zavala-Orahov Do-border BIH/HR and follow the road to Trsteno

I Know that the first one is the better and more common alternative but I think in August there is a lot of traffic and I prefer the others routes.
What about the routes 2 and 3? Which is the better one? Could someone tell me how is the road from Ljubinje to Trsteno, the quality of roads and driving times?

Thanks a lot
Ammiraglio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #506
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
p.s. The four lane road north of Banja Luka, even though it had no medium or emergency lanes, also had a green motorway sign before the war that was also a political designation not actual designation (I am pretty sure that they were changed now) . Still today map makers list it as a motorway (and most do not list the Sarajevo-Kakanj section as motorway even though its a year that its finished) . In few months the northern extension of the Banja Luka road will actually be a full fledged motorway.
This is not true it never had green motorway sign, signs were always blue.
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #507
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Dont take route number 3. Either 1 or 2.
Old July 24th, 2010, 10:17 PM   #508
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammiraglio View Post

1)Follow the itinerary E73, crossing borders at Metkovic and then the Jadranska Magistrala

2)Mostar-Stolac-Ljubinje and near Trebinje follow the road that cross the border near Ivanica - Gornji Brgat

3)Mostar-Stolac-Ljubinje-Ravno-Zavala-Orahov Do-border BIH/HR and follow the road to Trsteno
ad 1): ok roads, but calculate on heavy traffic at the border at Metkovic, sometimes more than 1 hr waiting during summer

ad 2): iŽd recommend that highly, especially during the tourist season, roads are in an ok state, only Stolac-Ljubinje is pretty narrow (5m), so take care when you cross or overtake trucks. Also take care of police around Stolac, Ljubinje and before Trebinje. Since the partly bypass of Trebinje is finished you save a lot of time not crossing the city, but its nice, you should stop there for a coffee And its at least 30 km shorter than alternative 1)

ad 3) beware of that please, there even isnt a real border crossing on that road, no BiH checkpoint, only croatian, and i was sent back...

snt3000 liked this post
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #509
Alien x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Hafen View Post
This is not true it never had green motorway sign, signs were always blue.
I travel that road about 30 times before the war (including january 1991) and it had the green motorway sign. If it has the blue sign then it was placed after the war.
Old July 25th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #510
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

and it was indicated as motorway on all road maps of Yugoslavia (it was a real mistery to me as a kid, as I have adored motorways since I was, dunno, 5 or 6, and I drove on that road for the first time last year in the age of 28 )
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #511
Alien x

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
and it was indicated as motorway on all road maps of Yugoslavia (it was a real mistery to me as a kid, as I have adored motorways since I was, dunno, 5 or 6, and I drove on that road for the first time last year in the age of 28 )
It is still indicated as a motorway on some new maps (ez-yu and not) too.
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #512
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
I travel that road about 30 times before the war (including january 1991) and it had the green motorway sign. If it has the blue sign then it was placed after the war.
I traveled 1000 times. All signs are/were blue, like direction signs.
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:21 PM   #513
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophorus View Post

ad 3) beware of that please, there even isnt a real border crossing on that road, no BiH checkpoint, only croatian, and i was sent back...
I was also sent back from that border crossing.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 12:13 AM   #514
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Likes (Received): 8023

Sarajevo bypass under construction by alienx from sarajevo-construction forum

Old July 27th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #515
Ammiraglio

Quote:
ad 1): ok roads, but calculate on heavy traffic at the border at Metkovic, sometimes more than 1 hr waiting during summer

ad 2): iŽd recommend that highly, especially during the tourist season, roads are in an ok state, only Stolac-Ljubinje is pretty narrow (5m), so take care when you cross or overtake trucks. Also take care of police around Stolac, Ljubinje and before Trebinje. Since the partly bypass of Trebinje is finished you save a lot of time not crossing the city, but its nice, you should stop there for a coffee And its at least 30 km shorter than alternative 1)

ok thank you so much for the advice.
I' m going to follow the second route and I think is a good idea a break in Trebinje. How much driving time from Mostar to Trebinje, more or less?

Another information, what about the road and crossing border between Mali Prolog and Crveni Gmr?
Old July 28th, 2010, 12:07 AM   #516
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

if you take route 2 my suggestion is to visit it is very beautiful and there you can buy great vine.

Last edited by Bad_Hafen; July 28th, 2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #517
Christophorus

oh yes, definetly worth a visit, and the wine is worth every Mark you pay for it!

Mostar-Trebinje calculate some 2 hours driving normally, if you dont have to hurry there is some amazing landscape along that road.

Mali Prolog-Crveni Grm is not a problem at all, crossed the border there a few times and never had waitings more than 5 min, standard BiH (magistral) road quality after the border.

Have a nice trip!
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #518
Christophorus

sorry, double post
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #519
Ammiraglio

Quote:

oh yes, definetly worth a visit, and the wine is worth every Mark you pay for it!

Mostar-Trebinje calculate some 2 hours driving normally, if you dont have to hurry there is some amazing landscape along that road.

Mali Prolog-Crveni Grm is not a problem at all, crossed the border there a few times and never had waitings more than 5 min, standard BiH (magistral) road quality after the border.

Have a nice trip!
Ok fantastic

Beautiful place and I like so much wine...Could you post the adress of this place because I only understand that it is in Trebinje...Isn' t there an english version of this site? Is it easy to reach and find? Must I book for the visit? Thank you
Old July 29th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #520
Bad_Hafen
BANNED

No it is not in Trebinje it is before the city. You can not missit, it is on the main road.
and it is monastery there is no working time, you dont have to book anything.

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways