daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #41
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by radi6404 View Post
Yeah Verso maybe but in serbia the highways were erally bad and communistic and typical serbia looking until they renovated some parts which happened this or the last year. The bosnian motorway looks modern, i never expected a country like bosnia to have such european looking mtoroways.
I guess you wrote this when my hard drive was burnt. Serbian motorways were in a bad condition b/c of old pavement, otherwise they were motorways by all definitions, not some sort of "Eastern European kind of motorways" (like in Russia, Ukraine...). But of course this goes for roads that were actually motorways. Sometimes you could see on some maps the entire stretch between Belgrade and Zagreb being motorway, which has only been the case since last year, otherwise it was partly a 2-lane expressway (I'm not sure about emergency lanes). It should also be noted that the road between Belgrade and Hungary was never motorway, only a while ago (a couple of years, I think) it turned into motorway between Belgrade's outskirts and Novi Sad (excluding bridge over Danube). Between Novi Sad and Hungary it's a 2-lane expressway with emergency lane(s). Also the road between Maribor and Celje (Slovenia) has been motorway since 1996, before it was a 2-lane expressway with emergency lane on each side; the same goes for the Kranj bypass. Also, on maps you could always see the (future) motorway/4-lane expressway between Slovenian A1 and Nova Gorica/Gorizia not only planned, but also under construction, which wasn't the case (especially not in all its length), I think there was some agreement with the EBRD, which didn't come into effect, and was therefore very misleading.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM   #42
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

yeah maps are not always accurate on what is a motorway, and what is just a 2x2 road with grade-intersections.
In particular in Ukraine, i've seen maps with a huge motorway network, maps with some motorways, maps with 2x2 boulevards or just maps with simply main roads. I hate that. Maps should be more accurate.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #43
ChrisZwolle
Road user

From the Polish subforum infrastruktura drogowa > Bałkańskie Autostrady.

droga przez Sarajewo (widziałem też drogę 2x2, ale ta przypomina poznańską Obornicką)

autostrada za Sarajewem na północ

remont

droga ekspresowa (bez poboczy, ale bezkolizyjna)
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #44
asif iqbal

Likes (Received): 65

how is life in Bosnia now for everyone after the war in 1999?
asif iqbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #45
Edwardes
لر او بر پختون یو

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL View Post

That coastline is ridiculously small, I never knew it was THAT small! I'm sure Bosnia and Croatia are at good terms with each other. Does Bosnia have a port on that coastline or do you use Croation ports?
Edwardes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #46
ChrisZwolle
Road user

What i've heard is that Bosnia can use the port of Ploče, and Kroatians can easily travel through the Bosnian piece of land near Neum.
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:32 PM   #47
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

What is Republika Srpska?
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:34 PM   #48
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
The country is decentralized and comprises two entities, the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska.
Thank you, wikipedia.
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #49
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1491 View Post
Thank you, wikipedia.
..wow,I would have never guessed that it is an other part of the country. But I still didnt get answer to what is Republika Srpska. An autonomus state? a rebelling part? Or a partner in an union?
Old July 27th, 2007, 11:39 PM   #50
ChrisZwolle
Road user

A guess an autonomous state like Scotland and Wales.
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #51
asif iqbal

Quote:
A guess an autonomous state like Scotland and Wales.
you mean indepenent state like scotland!
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #52
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yeah right, Scotland is a constituent country. Whatever that means. I think it's something between an autonomous region and a full independent state? Scotland is usually not referred to as a country, but an entity of the United Kingdom. Why it's so complicated?
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:32 PM   #53
BiH-x

Likes (Received): 1572

Quote:
..wow,I would have never guessed that it is an other part of the country. But I still didnt get answer to what is Republika Srpska. An autonomus state? a rebelling part? Or a partner in an union?
Its a pretty autonomous entity, but it is not a state. There is no RS passport (its citizens must use the Bosnian one if they want to represent themselves in the world), no army, no national sports teams, no anthem etc...But again, as an entity its pretty autonomous.

The political situation in Bosnia is a mess though (I could write a book about it lol) so lets just try and focus this convo on the highways.
BiH-x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #54
RawLee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiH-x View Post
Its a pretty autonomous entity, but it is not a state. There is no RS passport (its citizens must use the Bosnian one if they want to represent themselves in the world), no army, no national sports teams, no anthem etc...But again, as an entity its pretty autonomous.

The political situation in Bosnia is a mess though (I could write a book about it lol) so lets just try and focus this convo on the highways.
Sorry for the off-topic,and since I got my answer,I wont bother you again with such non-senses(as off-topic things).
Old July 29th, 2007, 11:31 PM   #55
asif iqbal

Quote:
Yeah right, Scotland is a constituent country. Whatever that means. I think it's something between an autonomous region and a full independent state? Scotland is usually not referred to as a country, but an entity of the United Kingdom. Why it's so complicated?
its not complicated we have own party and parlament, we just dont want monkeys making decisons for us
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:08 AM   #56
RawLee

Quote:

This complicated situation halts construction on nation-wide constructions,or such things as highways and railroads are easily constructed everywhere?
Old July 30th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #57
BiH-x

Quote:
This complicated situation halts construction on nation-wide constructions?
Very much so. Economic progress generally in Bosnia is hindered by the existance of two entities each tugging in their own direction. There's a lot of nationalist rhetorics, a lot of bureaucracy etc... It sometimes seems that the only thing both entities can see eye to eye on is admission to the EU...but as long as we're a politically divided country I dont see it happening. For this reason there are efforts to lesser the division between the entities (for example by joining the two entities police forces which is a major issue right now)The RS is staunchly against this though, which is unfortunate.

Eh, look at me, Im rambling politics like I said we shouldnt do. If you want to know anything more about Bosnia, you could send me a pm or something, I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you have

Last edited by BiH-x; July 30th, 2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old July 30th, 2007, 01:38 PM   #58
RawLee

Quote:
Very much so. Economic progress generally in Bosnia is hindered by the existance of two entities each tugging in their own direction. There's a lot of nationalist rhetorics, a lot of bureaucracy etc... It sometimes seems that the only thing both entities can see eye to eye on is admission to the EU...but as long as we're a politically divided country I dont see it happening. For this reason there are efforts to lesser the division between the entities (for example by joining the two entities police forces which is a major issue right now)The RS is staunchly against this though, which is unfortunate.

Eh, look at me, Im rambling politics like I said we shouldnt do. If you want to know anything more about Bosnia, you could send me a pm or something, I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you have
If you leave your opinion out,and explain objectively ,we,who dont experience these kind of obstacles, understand what is going on,why things built or not built. E.g. the map. The major routes end at RS. I was wondering why. Now that you told the reasons, I see why do they do.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:15 PM   #59
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

i was born in bosnia, went one month before the war to croatia zagreb. last ten years i've been every year down and tryed to understand the people, the economy, the living conditions. it's not so great. everything's about money, and bosnia doesn't have it.
i'm a bit concerned about corridor Vc going from Neum via Mostar,Sarajevo to the north towards Doboj and Bosanski Brod. Section after Zenica is really mountanious with lots of canyons that follow the river Bosna. It's a very hard and difficult task for them to build higway there. Situation is similar south of Sarajevo towards Mostar... also full of sharp valleys that follow the river... it's a true challenge for the builders...
Go Bosnia

Last edited by DJZG; August 2nd, 2007 at 01:27 PM.
DJZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #60
BiH-x

Quote:
Situation is similar south of Sarajevo towards Mostar... also full of sharp valleys that follow the river...
I havent been to Bosnia for a very long time, but I always had the impression that the Mostar-Sarajevo road was the best in the country?

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways