daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 8th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #61
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiH-x View Post
I havent been to Bosnia for a very long time, but I always had the impression that the Mostar-Sarajevo road was the best in the country?

could be, i haven't been down there on that section for about 15-16 years, something before war... but that's not the issue with highways, i think they are going to build a highway separate from that road, and configuration of the terrain is very difficult for that, so, it will be the true challenge for builders...
DJZG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #62
BiH-x

Likes (Received): 1572

Oh...well I hope theyll work something out.
BiH-x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 05:14 PM   #63
BA

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiH-x View Post
Oh...well I hope theyll work something out.
Heló BiH-x!

Do you have any map from existing motorways of Bosnia?
BA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #64
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Likes (Received): 8033

hmmm here r some links i hope they could be useful

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_%28B...Herzegowina%29

http://www.mkt.gov.ba/infeco/eng/index.php

the first link is better,but its in german,u have the link in english too,but its better explained in german hope itll help ya out

Last edited by mirza-sm; August 9th, 2007 at 10:13 PM.
mirza-sm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #65
BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirza-sm View Post
hmmm here r some links i hope they could be useful

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/A1_%28B...Herzegowina%29

http://www.mkt.gov.ba/infeco/eng/index.php

the first link is better,but its in german,u have the link in english too,but its better explained in german hope itll help ya out
Between the Sava and Sarajevo there is an expressway, with two-lane tunnels?
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:25 AM   #66
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA View Post
Between the Sava and Sarajevo there is an expressway, with two-lane tunnels?
not really... it's just an road with one lane in each direction... and tunnels... heh... tunnels are from the ex-yugoslav time, which mean, no air-condition inside, very foggy and hard to breathe inside... nice example is tunnel Vranduk built after the second world war and haven't changed from that time...
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #67
BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
not really... it's just an road with one lane in each direction... and tunnels... heh... tunnels are from the ex-yugoslav time, which mean, no air-condition inside, very foggy and hard to breathe inside... nice example is tunnel Vranduk built after the second world war and haven't changed from that time...
On the map is an expressway from Zenica to Sarajevo.

I was in Bosnia 5 years ago. We went from Budapest to Dubrovnik, in Bosnia we went from Tuzla, across Sarajevo and Mostar to the sea. The canyon of Neretva is very-very beautiful place. I would like the next year back the Neretva, and I would like see Jajce.
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #68
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

well... you could say it's an expressway, from zenica crossing towards south there is an section of double-lane road in each direction but few kilometers further the road becomes one-lane till place Podlugovi, as far as I know highway has come till Podlugovi... so there's highway from Sarajevo to Podlugovi and building northern towards Visoko and Zenica...

btw what's so special about Jajce every place in Bosnia has it's own story and beautiful scenery... if you want spectacular trip, go to Visoko, the Pyramids older then egyptians are there (!!!)
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:44 AM   #69
BA

Quote:
well... you could say it's an expressway, from zenica crossing towards south there is an section of double-lane road in each direction but few kilometers further the road becomes one-lane till place Podlugovi, as far as I know highway has come till Podlugovi... so there's highway from Sarajevo to Podlugovi and building northern towards Visoko and Zenica...

btw what's so special about Jajce every place in Bosnia has it's own story and beautiful scenery... if you want spectacular trip, go to Visoko, the Pyramids older then egyptians are there (!!!)
The waterfall, and the city is very interesting. Was a hungarian painter, his name is Csontváry, he has a beautiful painting from Jajce and the waterfall.

When will finished the motorway of Podlugovi-Zenica, and when will started to Sava?

Last edited by BA; August 10th, 2007 at 11:52 AM.
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #70
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

well... i'm not sure about that section... it could happen in the next few years... it depends if there will be money ofcourse...
and the section from Zenica towards north won't be for a long time... i would dare to say more than ten years yes... that's the way in Bosnia... money is the biggest problem... but i've read somewhere that section from Mostar towards Adriatic Sea would be cost-effective and there are rumors that croatian firms would build that section...
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #71
BA

Quote:
well... i'm not sure about that section... it could happen in the next few years... it depends if there will be money ofcourse...
and the section from Zenica towards north won't be for a long time... i would dare to say more than ten years yes... that's the way in Bosnia... money is the biggest problem... but i've read somewhere that section from Mostar towards Adriatic Sea would be cost-effective and there are rumors that croatian firms would build that section...
The section from Mostar towards Adriatic Sea is more important, then the northem section?
Old August 10th, 2007, 04:07 PM   #72
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

weird but obviously true, as i was reading that i couldn't believe either... but there is more reasons for that... first of all... the whole corridor Vc is important, as for Bosnia so for Croatian eastern and southern parts and for the rest of Eastern Europe... but when it comes to decide which part to build first... they've come to mind to build sections that are lighter and cheaper, and then later when Bosnia gets stronger financially build difficult parts of highway... Mostar-Ploce is the obvious choice, it would boost tourism, trade and provide connection of Bosnia towards the sea travel...
Republic of Srpska on the other hand has different strategies inside the state, and tries to connect capital of entity Banja Luka with corridor V... so they build on own resources a section Banja Luka-Bosanska Gradiska, over the river Sava would go croatian connection to the corridor V... difficult to understand, but it's all politics of two entities inside a state... war wounds are still fresh unfortunately...
Old August 10th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #73
BA

Quote:
weird but obviously true, as i was reading that i couldn't believe either... but there is more reasons for that... first of all... the whole corridor Vc is important, as for Bosnia so for Croatian eastern and southern parts and for the rest of Eastern Europe... but when it comes to decide which part to build first... they've come to mind to build sections that are lighter and cheaper, and then later when Bosnia gets stronger financially build difficult parts of highway... Mostar-Ploce is the obvious choice, it would boost tourism, trade and provide connection of Bosnia towards the sea travel...
Republic of Srpska on the other hand has different strategies inside the state, and tries to connect capital of entity Banja Luka with corridor V... so they build on own resources a section Banja Luka-Bosanska Gradiska, over the river Sava would go croatian connection to the corridor V... difficult to understand, but it's all politics of two entities inside a state... war wounds are still fresh unfortunately...
I see...war wounds are still fresh unfortunately...
When will start the section of Ploce-Mostar (Sarajevo), and this motorway will lead above the Neretva canyon?
Old August 10th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #74
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Quote:

Actually no the highway to Podlugovi was just the first part of the highway this is whats done so far Sarajevo - Jošanica, Jošanica - Podlugovi, Podlugovi - Visoko, Visoko - Dobrinje (to be finished in november) so the highway is finished more or less from Sarajevo to Kakanj
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #75
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Here are some of my pics of the highway i took 2 months ago...

Dobrinje - Visoko (the u/c part)

Entering the completed sections
Visoko - Podlugovi; Podlugovi - Jošanica; Jošanica - Sarajevo

A view on the Visoko pyramid seen from the highway

Exit towards Sarajevo...
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #76
BiH-x

Likes (Received): 1572

Bravo Mirza legendo!
Our scenery is so nice
BiH-x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #77
BA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirza-sm View Post
Actually no the highway to Podlugovi was just the first part of the highway this is whats done so far Sarajevo - Jošanica, Jošanica - Podlugovi, Podlugovi - Visoko, Visoko - Dobrinje (to be finished in november) so the highway is finished more or less from Sarajevo to Kakanj
Thanks mirza-sm!

Very good pics! When will start the next section? next year?
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #78
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

why would someone build a pyramid on a hill? Not enough hard to transport the stones,but also uphill? Is this that artificial one,that is rumoured to be older than the pyramids in Egypt?
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #79
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA View Post
Thanks mirza-sm!

Very good pics! When will start the next section? next year?
No problemo thanks

The preparations on the next section have already begun,and the construction will probably start in november or december
Old August 10th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #80
mirza-sm
Lilium Bosniacum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
why would someone build a pyramid on a hill? Not enough hard to transport the stones,but also uphill? Is this that artificial one,that is rumoured to be older than the pyramids in Egypt?
RawLee they didnt build it on a hill, the hill is the pyramid hehe yea the rumor has it that its older and bigger (as u can see) than the one in Egypt,UNESCO and Bosnian archeologists are doin the diggings and we`ll know for sure next year

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways