daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1081
javimix19

Likes (Received): 1328

I have a question:

I read in Wikipedia this thing: "In April 2012, Bosnia-Herzegovina proposed a route in Neum area to connect Ploče and Dubrovnik while serving Neum. That entails branching of the A1 motorway 7 to 8 kilometres (4.3 to 5.0 miles) west of Neum, one branch serving Neum and the other Dubrovnik. As of July 2012 no decision was reached on the section of the A1 route."

Bosnian Government is not going to build a motorway on this stretch? It could be good for Croatia and Bosnia. Adriatic motorway is very important for these countries.
javimix19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #1082
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by javimix19 View Post
I have a question:

I read in Wikipedia this thing: "In April 2012, Bosnia-Herzegovina proposed a route in Neum area to connect Ploče and Dubrovnik while serving Neum. That entails branching of the A1 motorway 7 to 8 kilometres (4.3 to 5.0 miles) west of Neum, one branch serving Neum and the other Dubrovnik. As of July 2012 no decision was reached on the section of the A1 route."

Bosnian Government is not going to build a motorway on this stretch? It could be good for Croatia and Bosnia. Adriatic motorway is very important for these countries.
Croatia is deciding what is better for them and when they decide the rest of us will know. That particular proposal did not get a Croatian counter offer so you maybe should ask them. They stopped building the Peljesac Bridge not because of opposition from BiH but their internal reasons.

javimix19 liked this post
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #1083
Alien x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
The route has recently been charted on OSM: > click <. Is it really the latest variant?
No that's the preliminary route from the feasibility study.

Quote:
I don't understand the difference of 12.8km b/n "finished" and "in use". Can you please explain. Thanks in advance!
Whats hard to understand there is three sections that are completed but not in use because they are waiting other sections to be finished. It's not like it does not happen in other countries.
- Catrnja - to Sava river Banja Luka - Gradiska Motorway E-661
- Lot 1 of the Sarajevo Bypass A1
- Bijaca - Kravice only border connection is open. A1
By the end of summer there will be a fourth Drivusa - Gorice A1

MichiH liked this post
Old August 15th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #1084
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

When will the motorway from Gradiska to the Croatian border be opened??
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #1085
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

When it's finished.
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #1086
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
When it's finished.
I like that kind of answer, but it is not correct .

It is already completed up to the border (see post of Alien x or OSM), but the Croatian part is not yet completed. The correct answer is, that the Bosnian part will be opened when the Croatian part will be finished and opened.
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #1087
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
No that's the preliminary route from the feasibility study.
If I got it right the current route was only moved several hundred meters, wasn't it?
Old August 15th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #1088
Alien x

Quote:
If I got it right the current route was only moved several hundred meters, wasn't it?
Like with any feasibility study its only the preliminary route since then you technical analysis, public hearings, etc. But as things stand right now route shifts few hundred meters one-way or the other but does not deviate greatly from the previous route.

MichiH liked this post
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #1089
soterman

Likes (Received): 2

Good afternoon everyone and sorry to interrupt. I would like your inside information about which way to choose from the border near Sepak Gorjni to the east part of Sarajevo:

1. Sepak Gorjni, south towards Zaklopaca, Odzak, Sokolac (the M19 really)? http://goo.gl/maps/nbvqd or
2. Sepak Gorjni, take the M4 at Jardan, left at Kusonje, right at Betanje (M19-2), Kladanj (M18) and reach Sarajevo from the north? http://goo.gl/maps/8WSuZ

Any road with really bad tarmac? Any segments full of traffic? Your help is greatly appreciated!
soterman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1090
Seagull
Fight multinazism!

Likes (Received): 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
Croatia is deciding what is better for them and when they decide the rest of us will know. That particular proposal did not get a Croatian counter offer so you maybe should ask them. They stopped building the Peljesac Bridge not because of opposition from BiH but their internal reasons.
Lack of money at the moment... The only possibility to build the Croatian A1 branch through Neum for connecting Dubrovnik is to get full administration rights over that corridor. That´s what Bruxelles says. That´s not possible, so that´s no option at all.

darko06 liked this post
Seagull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1091
Alien x

Na Sarajevo Construction By xalen
http://www.sa-c.net/index.php/forum/...start=230#3789
Sarajevo Bypass
Quote:
Originally Posted by "xalen" post=3789

Slike od prijatelja pilota Fahrudin Kreštalica-Kreshta
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #1092
smokiboy

Likes (Received): 149

Great ariel shots. Is there a link to a detailed map of Sarajevo Bypass?
smokiboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #1093
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

pretty well on OpenStreetMap:

http://osm.org/go/xfYUBer
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1094
Wiener.Blut
BANNED

Likes (Received): 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by soterman View Post
Good afternoon everyone and sorry to interrupt. I would like your inside information about which way to choose from the border near Sepak Gorjni to the east part of Sarajevo:

1. Sepak Gorjni, south towards Zaklopaca, Odzak, Sokolac (the M19 really)? http://goo.gl/maps/nbvqd or
2. Sepak Gorjni, take the M4 at Jardan, left at Kusonje, right at Betanje (M19-2), Kladanj (M18) and reach Sarajevo from the north? http://goo.gl/maps/8WSuZ

Any road with really bad tarmac? Any segments full of traffic? Your help is greatly appreciated!
Option 1 is 100x better, 2nd option is not an option.

soterman liked this post
Wiener.Blut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1095
MichiH

The contract of the A1 motorway b/n the Croatian border near Svilaj and Odzak was signed (OSM). Strabag got the project. The section has a length of 11km, costs 61 million € and is the southern extension of the A5.hr. The construction will start on 23rd September 2013. The construction time is 14 month. See press release.

darko06 liked this post
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #1096
leopol

Likes (Received): 7544

A1: Sarajevo - Mostar

Section Sarajevo - Tarcin:

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDEVILS View Post
Lot 3 Vlakovo
Probni asfalt

"Svako iduće Sarajevo biće slično ogromnoj slagalici čiji će se raspršeni djelići slagati možda godinama i decenijama prije nego što zaista počne ličiti na nešto. Svako od nas (mislim tu na one kojima je do te slagalice stalo) treba znati da pokuša sačuvati svoje djeliće te slagalice i čekati, ili, još prije, raditi na tome da se čekanje zamijeni akcijom i ubrza trenutak kada će se opet početi slagati prava slika Sarajeva, ne ista kao ranije, već prije kao njena varijacija" - Karim Zaimović, 1993.

MichiH liked this post
leopol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #1097
leopol

Likes (Received): 7544

A1: Sarajevo Bypass

LOT 3 Butila - Vlakovo (the last one)

Quote:
LOT 3A Vlakovo 15.9.20013

Quote:
LOT 3A Vlakovo 15.9.20013

Exit Vlakovo:
Quote:

"Svako iduće Sarajevo biće slično ogromnoj slagalici čiji će se raspršeni djelići slagati možda godinama i decenijama prije nego što zaista počne ličiti na nešto. Svako od nas (mislim tu na one kojima je do te slagalice stalo) treba znati da pokuša sačuvati svoje djeliće te slagalice i čekati, ili, još prije, raditi na tome da se čekanje zamijeni akcijom i ubrza trenutak kada će se opet početi slagati prava slika Sarajeva, ne ista kao ranije, već prije kao njena varijacija" - Karim Zaimović, 1993.
leopol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #1098
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

A1 Sarajevo

Is it already known when A1 near Sarajevo will open to traffic? Last I've heard was "late 2013".

Also, are there any updates about the city motorway (gradski autoput?)
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #1099
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

I think A1 cannot be opened to traffic until section to Vlakovo and/or section into Sarajevo is completed which neither are.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #1100
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2190

Section near Vlakovo is progressing and will be opened early next year.
Section into Sarajevo is in trouble as the companies working there are under collapse and all work is stopped. This section will have to be restarted early next year with new contractors.
Only one of these sections is required to open A1 and it looks like they will open the section Josanica-Vlakovo early next year, completely connecting the motorway between tunnel Vijenac and Vlakovo. Later in 2014, we can expect the section Vlakovo-Tarcin to be opened, as well a tunnel Vijenac into Zenica.
By the end of 2014, we should have Tarcin and Zenica connected. It is also possible that the entry into Sarajevo might be resolved by that time.
On the southern front, by the end of next year, we expect to have Medjugorje connected with the border and further with the Croatian motorway system.

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways