daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #1201
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

It should cost me 100-150 Euro's with receipt (and pay at a police station), but 50 without. Because I had a long drive back to Dubrovnik (and it was hot) I didn't want to discuss this (althoug I speak the local language).

So no receipt but the policeman for sure had a good night in a bar or restaurant

darko06 liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2014, 03:29 PM   #1202
LOTR

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
It should cost me 100-150 Euro's with receipt (and pay at a police station), but 50 without. Because I had a long drive back to Dubrovnik (and it was hot) I didn't want to discuss this (althoug I speak the local language).

So no receipt but the policeman for sure had a good night in a bar or restaurant
omG. and you believed that
LOTR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #1203
Palance
Autosnelwegen.net

Likes (Received): 277

No, of course not. But as I wrote above, I was not in a mood for a long discussion.

darko06 liked this post
Palance no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #1204
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5106

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Was that an official fine, did you receive a receipt? Or did you just hand over the money and they let you go? Something like that happened to me in Serbia some years ago
Yes it is.
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #1205
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Sarajevo bypass

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDEVILS View Post
Vlakovo 26.3.2014

Old March 28th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #1206
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:

Awwww

Typical example for corrupt police in Republika Srpska, unfortunately this is still a problematic entity (I'm not talking about the civil population)... I usually don't generalize, but I have experience with this wannabe-country.

My experience is similar to that of user Palance. Never paid any "fines" but got stuck for a long time, e.g. in 2010 at Gradiška border crossing for 2 hours (they accused me of smuggling drugs and searched the car, even damaged a plastic cover using force, kept on looking, after 2 hours they suggested that I pay the "express fee of 50 euros to move on", good thing I took out my phone and started dialing the number of my embassy, and threatening to report their corrupt behavior - suddenly I could go without further issues), similar procedure happened in 2011 at Brod border crossing, again Republika Srpska.

For some reason, I've never experienced any trouble crossing into or out of the Federation entity (Maljevac/Velika Kladuša, Ličko Petrovo Selo/Izačić, Neum, ...) and they were always really nice and working according to the law!

Ličko Petrovo Selo/Izačić is my favorite BiH border crossing, a joined crossing of HR and BiH police, very quick and correct procedure.
Old March 28th, 2014, 01:43 PM   #1207
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18306

Hmm, should I expect similar behavior in 2 months when I will be driving in the area? My road plan would be this one: HR/A1-BiH/A10 - Kravice Waterfalls - Počitelj - Mostar - Stolac - BiH/Trebimlja-HR/Čepikuće. That would also cross into RS...

http://goo.gl/maps/xQrqu
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 07:18 PM   #1208
Bassieman

Likes (Received): 2

Not every policeman

Quote:
Hmm, should I expect similar behavior in 2 months when I will be driving in the area? My road plan would be this one: HR/A1-BiH/A10 - Kravice Waterfalls - Počitelj - Mostar - Stolac - BiH/Trebimlja-HR/Čepikuće. That would also cross into RS...

Hi Cinxxx,

we drive very year from the Netherlands to Bosnia and yes sometimes you have a problem but it's not like every policeman goes crazy when they see a foreign car.
I didn't hear about the towingequipment before... maybe I will buy some for 10 euro and be done with it...
there was one time a so called speedcontroll and my wife (bosnian, me dutch) was driving. We were driving the same speed as at least 2 cars before us. And they stopped us and not the other cars who had bosnian plates... While my wife was in the police car with one policeman, the other stopped another car for so called speeding. But the policeman in the car did not operate the lasergun! On the gun it said 81 km/h and the policeman said to the one outside 83km/h!!!
Also they told my wife that a bosnian judge ruled that the illegal lasergun was legal again....

My wife did not agree and she didn't pay a "fast fine" so she got an official one... It came at her mothers house a few days later... we had to pay that or risk not being able to leave the country at the end of our holiday... It was 150 euro's....
I understand my wife objecting the bulshit but it was a costly protest....

about bordercrossings: I once heard a tip:
If you can plan the time you cross the border do it so when tehy are at the end of their shift. at that time they're tired and want to go home, so they won't be very likely to make a big fuss. When you come when its a new shift... and they're fresh and haven't earned their salary for that day yet.... Someone I know goes regularly to macedonia with a small van.
sometimes they said he had to not a carfee but a fee for trucks!
When he timed his crossings so that he would cross at the end of a workingshift they never asked for a truckfee anymore

Not to defend the police etc but if they were paid a proper salary, I think that these problems won't disappear but would be much much less!

cinxxx, darko06 liked this post
Bassieman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 07:20 PM   #1209
Bassieman

Likes (Received): 2

Route A1 Zenica-Zepce

Hello,

Does anyone know maybe the planned route between Zenica and Zepce?
Is there any news about that?

Thanks!
Bassieman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 07:54 PM   #1210
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassieman View Post
Hi Cinxxx,

we drive very year from the Netherlands to Bosnia and yes sometimes you have a problem but it's not like every policeman goes crazy when they see a foreign car.
I didn't hear about the towingequipment before... maybe I will buy some for 10 euro and be done with it...
there was one time a so called speedcontroll and my wife (bosnian, me dutch) was driving.
We are both Romanian, but live in Germany, so drive German registered car.
I just read on the Romanian External Affairs site about driving conditions in BiH, there is nothing about towing equipment. What about spare light bulbs? They seem to be required, but I have LED lights, so buying a spare installation is a lot of money .
But since we don't speak the local language, we could be easy pray for them. I will try not to exceed the speed limits and hope for the best.

I have never been stopped by now except once in Serbia, but that was my fault not following a suspect sign that said turning right not allowed, and once in Ingolstadt for a random control.
Old March 28th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #1211
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1554

Quote:
No, of course not. But as I wrote above, I was not in a mood for a long discussion.
What kind of discussion if you don'T have all necesery equipment you pay fine, or you bribe. Corruption however worked good for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
Awwww

Typical example for corrupt police in Republika Srpska, unfortunately this is still a problematic entity (I'm not talking about the civil population)... I usually don't generalize, but I have experience with this wannabe-country.

My experience is similar to that of user Palance. Never paid any "fines" but got stuck for a long time, e.g. in 2010 at Gradiška border crossing for 2 hours (they accused me of smuggling drugs and searched the car, even damaged a plastic cover using force, kept on looking, after 2 hours they suggested that I pay the "express fee of 50 euros to move on", good thing I took out my phone and started dialing the number of my embassy, and threatening to report their corrupt behavior - suddenly I could go without further issues), similar procedure happened in 2011 at Brod border crossing, again Republika Srpska.

For some reason, I've never experienced any trouble crossing into or out of the Federation entity (Maljevac/Velika Kladuša, Ličko Petrovo Selo/Izačić, Neum, ...) and they were always really nice and working according to the law!

Ličko Petrovo Selo/Izačić is my favorite BiH border crossing, a joined crossing of HR and BiH police, very quick and correct procedure.
Well you are just being ignorant and judgemental. On border crossing there is no Republika Srpska police, but border police, another institution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassieman View Post
If you can plan the time you cross the border do it so when tehy are at the end of their shift. at that time they're tired and want to go home, so they won't be very likely to make a big fuss. When you come when its a new shift... and they're fresh and haven't earned their salary for that day yet....
what a load of sh...
Quote:

Take with a huge scepticism what Croatian have to say about Bosnia particularly about RS. I have been driving more than they all together and never had problems with police, i drove with licence plates from different countries.

Last edited by BL2; March 28th, 2014 at 08:46 PM.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 08:53 PM   #1212
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1554

Quote:
I just read on the Romanian External Affairs site about driving conditions in BiH, there is nothing about towing equipment. What about spare light bulbs? They seem to be required, but I have LED lights, so buying a spare installation is a lot of money .
But since we don't speak the local language, we could be easy pray for them. I will try not to exceed the speed limits and hope for the best.

I have never been stopped by now except once in Serbia, but that was my fault not following a suspect sign that said turning right not allowed, and once in Ingolstadt for a random control.
Yes you have to have towing equipment and light bulbs.
Just drive 50 where is 50 and you will not have any problems with police.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:23 PM   #1213
sallae2

Likes (Received): 1602

Apparently, towing equipment is required

Quote:
Compulsory equipment in Bosnia Herzegovina:

 Spare bulbs
 Spare tyre
 First aid kit
 Reflective jacket
Tow rope/bar
 Warning triangle - two triangles required if towing a trailer.
 Winter tyres or M&S tyres - compulsory between 15 November and 15 April **
 Fire extinguisher – only compulsory for LPG vehicles
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...erzegovina.pdf
sallae2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:29 PM   #1214
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

You need a second car for all the "obligatory equipment" in Europe.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

bogdymol liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:10 AM   #1215
KHS

Likes (Received): 928

My wife is from Bosnia so I travel to BiH on a regular basis now... First time I went to Bosnia was in 2010., and at first I was shocked how Srpska police is behaving. It is like they are on a hunt and I am a prey.
But now I’m used to it and I simply prepare 10 or 20 KM for a bribe. It is more than enough...
Although I’m against it, I simply have no choise since I’m a foreign citizen there, and I have to drive all the way back to Doboj court, etc., etc, etc...
Anyway, you know what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
Take with a huge scepticism what Croatian have to say about Bosnia particularly about RS. I have been driving more than they all together and never had problems with police, i drove with licence plates from different countries.
Of course

KHS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #1216
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallae2 View Post
Apparently, towing equipment is required

Compulsory equipment in Bosnia Herzegovina:

 Spare bulbs
 Spare tyre
 First aid kit
 Reflective jacket
 Tow rope/bar
 Warning triangle - two triangles required if towing a trailer.
 Winter tyres or M&S tyres - compulsory between 15 November and 15 April **
 Fire extinguisher – only compulsory for LPG vehicles

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...erzegovina.pdf
- As I know Xenon and LEDs you can't change yourself anyway, so it shouldn't be compulsory. Who drives with spare LED set?
- Also my car didn't come with a spare tyre, but with a repair kit
- Besided tow rope and fire extinguisher, I have the rest
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #1217
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

I have a question. Which section of the A1 will be opened first?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 12:34 AM   #1218
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

The next section of A1 that will be opened is 6km Drivuša-Bilješevo section which includes 3km long Vijenac tunnel (of which I posted some pictures before).
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:45 AM   #1219
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

When?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2014, 04:56 AM   #1220
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

I always enter Bosnia from Serbia, and I never had any issues. Keep in mind, I always travel with my Canadian passport, so I am starting to think, it's a typical Croatian propaganda to draw the tourists away. Back in the late 1999, they used to tear down the traffic signs to prevent the tourists from visiting Bosnia. The GPS technology killed that propaganda. Keep in mind, us Serbs in Bosnia and Serbia are very pro Romanian. Bosnian muslims are very good people from what I saw. Enjoy the country!

Also keep in mind, the dude that is misleading you, his people got paid to do the dirty work and spread the war here back in the days. That's why there is a traffic jam at the border because they will not build a border crossing bridge for the political reasons.

Quote:

YU-AMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways