daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 20th, 2014, 01:41 AM   #1521
Autoputevi kao hobi
srBska Kraljica

Likes (Received): 4063

Yes that bridge will be financed by the EU
Autoputevi kao hobi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2014, 04:51 PM   #1522
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
Without bridge between croatian A5 and bosnian A1, both won`t be opened. One year for construction of the bridge is possible but I doubt. I think that connection would be ready let say in mid. of 2016.
Do you assume that or do you know it? Is the damn bridge u/c or not?

Well, there will be each an i/c on both sides, the Croatian section b/n A3 and the i/c is complted but not yet in service. I've no idea if the same will happen on Bosnian side.

The Bosnian distributor road is u/c and the Croatian distributor road is already completed, isn't it? Is the brigde construction on-going or suspended or has it never begun?
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:15 PM   #1523
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Ofcourse I don`t know, just it is my assumption. Maybe there is sense to open some stretch of the northest A1 part and the southest part of A5 when is ready, but don`t see much sense.

Take a look at, ready some time ago, motorway in Republic of Srpska bear Gradiśka, It is still closed because they waiting for a bridge and croatian connection to A3

The bridge between croatian A5 and bosnian A1 haven`t ever been started the constraction because:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestvaran View Post
Money is there to be spent, only problem is that European Investment Bank for the second time canceled tender as it 'wasn't satisfied with the offers' https://www.google.ba/url?sa=t&rct=j...73231344,d.bGE
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:23 PM   #1524
MichiH

There is no i/c at Gradiska but there is an i/c at A5.hr and there will be an i/c at A1.ba.
Old August 20th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #1525
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

@MichiH
I think we don`t understand each other

First of all if you write "i/c" you mean "in construction" (the same like u/c under contr.)?

Second: Motorway in Rep. of Srpska no. E661 near Gradiśka has already been constructed --> proof. Both side can`t be connected beacuse of lack of bridge which is going to be financed by EU.

Third: Both A5 in Croatia and A1 in BiH is under constraction, except the bridge which is going to be financed by European Investment Bank. Bank has complained few times reagrding the public procuremets (tenders). It seems that will be announced one again tender (fourth?) for the bridge between A5 and A1.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:01 PM   #1526
Christophorus

Likes (Received): 87

correct me if im wrong, i read somewhere on SSC the new Gradiška bridge should be financed by R. Srpska and Croatia by half, Srpska secured its part but Croatia is waiting theirs to be funded by EU. I think there even was and agreement between Srpska and Croatia for building the bridge some years ago already.

----------------------------------------------------

been in: al, at, ba, bg, ch, (cs), cz, (dd), de, dk, fr, gr, hr, hu, ie, it, li, lu, me, mk, mt, nl, pl, rs.ba, rs, ru, se, sk, us, (yu)
Christophorus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2014, 11:20 PM   #1527
MichiH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRC_100 View Post
@MichiH
I think we don`t understand each other

Quote:
First of all if you write "i/c" you mean "in construction" (the same like u/c under contr.)?
interchange

Quote:
Second: Motorway in Rep. of Srpska no. E661 near Gradiśka has already been constructed --> proof. Both side can`t be connected beacuse of lack of bridge which is going to be financed by EU.
Yes, it's opened until the last interchange. The remaining - already completed - (sub)section is not yet in service because of the missing bridge.

Quote:
Third: Both A5 in Croatia and A1 in BiH is under constraction, except the bridge which is going to be financed by European Investment Bank. Bank has complained few times reagrding the public procuremets (tenders). It seems that will be announced one again tender (fourth?) for the bridge between A5 and A1.
I think the A5 section is already (almost) completed up to the river (see aerial pics) but it's not yet in service. Yes, A1 is under construction. It's possible that the A1 will be opened b/n Odzak and the interchange near Svilaj. But it's also possbile that the section will not be opened until the bridge is completed.

SRC_100 liked this post
Old August 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM   #1528
Tango Zulu

Likes (Received): 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
Of course, but like I said - the Federation is majority-Bosniak and thus it's very odd that they're implementing a road system based on FBiH needs rather than on an all-Bosnia basis. Ireland and West Germany both numbered based on their wishes for a reunified country - so why hasn't the Federation?

Numbering only for the FBiH rather suggests that they've came to accept the entity system, which would be an interesting change.

It is what it is, that's all. But wouldn't it be easier in the future if the RS decided to go along with an all-Bosnia numbering system?

I'm simply confused why the FBiH would implement something like this unilaterally, as well as being confused as to why road numbering is decided at entity level rather than an all-Bosnia level.

Any more information? And what will happen once the Federation renumbers?

I assume Brcko has responsibility for their own roads. As I recall, Brcko is de jure counted as both FBiH and RS territory (so the RS can reach the 49% stipulated in Dayton), but is de facto operated as a third entity in most aspects. I think one of the few exceptions is that citizens of Brcko for voting purposes in entity/national elections are counted as either being in the FBiH or RS.

I know that both FBiH and RS were warned not to attempt to control Brcko in any way, and that the only law valid in Brcko is either law passed by the local government or by the BiH state-level institutions - so - if roads are an entity matter, then Brcko has control over roads.

Another question - if roads are regulated at the entity level, does that mean that motorways might also end up with different numbers?
Bosnians in the federation, "the federalists" would like to have a consistent bosnia wide road numbering system. The bosnians in the Republic of Srpska, " "the republicans" find it very important to hold on to any little thing which shows the world that they a part of bosnia against their will. This plays very well around election time.

After many years, the federalists are realising that to fight the republicans on these issues is a total waste of time, money and energy. Federalists now realise that having a road is much more important then what that road is called.

There will not be too much confusion, because there aren't that many roads. There will be one major freeway through RS. It goes east-west. Local roads aren't too bad either. Anyone going to a major town can follow signs and anyone going to some small village probably knows where they are going anyway.

For those still confused, there is also google maps.

It will look strange, but everyone will be happy.

celevac liked this post
Tango Zulu está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 12:21 PM   #1529
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5098

Honestly, sometimes I think you are getting delusional
nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 01:03 PM   #1530
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Can someone clear something up for me?

Is the speed limit in BiH within inhabited areas 60 or 50?
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 01:13 PM   #1531
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1542

50 if not signed different
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 01:36 PM   #1532
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL2 View Post
50 if not signed different
I thought so. Yet at the new border crossing at Nova Sela/Bijaca, there's a very new sign saying 60 in built up areas.

is all I can say.
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 02:02 PM   #1533
Pascal20a

Likes (Received): 19

Why is the beginning of a place in Bosnia, a town sign, and at the end of the village, none?
Pascal20a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 02:17 PM   #1534
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1542

There are. If you see Name of the village-town with red line trough it, it means that you are not in that village anymore and you can drive 80.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 03:55 PM   #1535
Pascal20a

But in much towns stand not the town exit sign?
Old August 21st, 2014, 03:57 PM   #1536
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Assuming you asked if many towns and villages are not marked on major roads, the answer is yes, they are.
Old August 21st, 2014, 10:44 PM   #1537
Pascal20a

When i was in Medjugorje last week i dont see a entrance sign and an exiting town sign of Medjugorje.
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:10 PM   #1538
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

We have a possible opening date for Kravice-Zvirovići section, September 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalik View Post
Evo par slika od frenda, otvaranje dionice Zvirovici Kravice 10.09.

Last edited by nestvaran; August 21st, 2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:26 PM   #1539
RamizZmaj
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

[IMG]http://************/r/2mr7h8h/8[/IMG]

Can't wait for opening, tunnel and new part look awesome, also here is official info of Autoceste FBiH for opening new section of motorway
RamizZmaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2014, 11:27 PM   #1540
RamizZmaj
BANNED

Likes (Received): 51

[IMG]http://i61.************/2mr7h8h.jpg[/IMG]

SRC_100, Palance liked this post
RamizZmaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways