daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 21st, 2015, 12:43 PM   #1761
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5092

Another contractor has been chosen for that section and after a long pause counstruction works are finally continuing. New deadline is late 2015

nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2015, 05:47 PM   #1762
[atomic]

Likes (Received): 122

aren't there only 500m missing?
[atomic] no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2015, 07:39 PM   #1763
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2180

Quote:
Originally Posted by [atomic] View Post
aren't there only 500m missing?
Something like that, but it's all on ramps, plus roundabout intersection at the exit/entrance.
Old March 23rd, 2015, 07:45 PM   #1764
celevac

Likes (Received): 90

http://www.klix.ba/biznis/investicij...eura/150322035

New plans for the section Konjic-Mostar north: A 9.5 km tunnel through the Prenj mountain range (one tube for now, second tube to be built as soon as needed) should replace the more expensive initial plan and save 18 km between Sarajevo and Mostar, as well as 309 million euros (!) Only downturn: the currently planned Jablanica exit would be another 7 km away from the main motorway, but I think that's nothing really to worry about.

If you ask me, a real win-win situation. Saves 309 million out of the total estimate of 930 million euros, a lot of money that can be used for other sections and makes it more likely that we will see a motorway between Sarajevo and Mostar before 2030... ;-)

SRC_100, panchevo liked this post
celevac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:54 PM   #1765
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Puh, it will take some time to build that 9.5 km tunel... 5 years I would say at least. Could be a tight plan till 2030
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:59 PM   #1766
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

What's the status of the other sections? Any schedule when they should be built? Will the tunnel section be the last section to be opened?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 01:34 AM   #1767
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by celevac View Post
New plans for the section Konjic-Mostar north: A 9.5 km tunnel through the Prenj mountain range (one tube for now, second tube to be built as soon as needed) should replace the more expensive initial plan and save 18 km between Sarajevo and Mostar, as well as 309 million euros (!) Only downturn: the currently planned Jablanica exit would be another 7 km away from the main motorway, but I think that's nothing really to worry about.

If you ask me, a real win-win situation.
I agree wholeheartedly. But some people were not happy when I pointed out that a Half Profile motorway through some of the difficult Dinaric Alps between Mostar and Sarajevo makes perfect economic sense. In fact they denied _any_ of Mostar - Sarajevo would be half profile in this forum only a few months back.

You will probably have tailbacks at the tunnel in July and August ....but otherwise no.

celevac liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 04:19 AM   #1768
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2180

This is a very recent statement about the longer, half profile tunnel. Until recently, the official statements always included full profile.
Old March 24th, 2015, 04:35 AM   #1769
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Croatia and Slovenia all have long ( 5km+) half profile tunnels on substantially busier routes than Sarajevo - Mostar . No sign of them being upgraded. (The Ucka and Karawank tunnels) . You really need 10k + AADT on the single bore before you even think of a second bore given the cost of it.

Neither Croatia nor Slovenia have a tunnel anywhere near 9.5km. 5-7km more like.

You do get holiday congestion for 2 months of the year but the cost of twinning is massive as an escape tunnel needs to be bored as well as the second full bore.

This is an eminently sensible proposal for Bosnia considering that a lot of 2x2 twin motorway urgently needs to be built in more populated areas.
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 11:29 AM   #1770
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
Croatia and Slovenia all have long ( 5km+) half profile tunnels on substantially busier routes than Sarajevo - Mostar . No sign of them being upgraded. (The Ucka and Karawank tunnels) . You really need 10k + AADT on the single bore before you even think of a second bore given the cost of it.
Both tunels you mentioned will be upgraded to a second tube. ASFINAG announced starting of construction 2nd Karawanentunnel in 2017, ending in 2021. And BINA Istra also wants to upgrade Ucka tunel. Constrcution should already been started, but we all know about the financial situation in Croatia.

However, I think that a single tube tunel in BiH is sufficent. There are more important things to do (connection of Tuzla, Travnik and somehow Bihac).
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 07:08 PM   #1771
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1527

i am curious why BINA collects money from Ucka, because this tunnel was built with bonds during Yu times.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2015, 02:59 PM   #1772
CDTI

Likes (Received): 25

"Offers for the Selection of Contractor for the Construction of “A“ Transversal Opened

In the Road Directorate of Canton Sarajevo, two days ago, opening offers for the selection of contractor for the construction of “A“ transversal, road that will qualitatively connect the Sarajevo International Airport and a part of Dobrinja with the rest of Novi Grad municipality and city of Sarajevo.

The best offer has been submitted by the company Euroasfalt, which should start with the construction of “A“ transversal after the expiry of the appeal period."

Sarajevo Times [sarajevotimes.com] (*)

(*) Still can't publish links
CDTI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2015, 01:43 PM   #1773
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3476

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancho View Post

AlexisMD, SRC_100, pai nosso liked this post
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 04:38 PM   #1774
CDTI

Likes (Received): 25

"Completion of works on Sarajevo Bypass soon

Director of the Public Company JP Roads of FBiH Filip Vujeva and representatives of a consortium composed of Euro-Asfalt and ZGP signed a Contract in Sarajevo on works to complete the Sarajevo Bypass, Lot 2, section Butila – Brijesce – Stup.

Director of Euro-Asfalt Hamed Ramic said that deadline to complete the works is 11 months and that they will try to complete the works before February next year and will hire 250 to 300 workers.

Once this project is implemented, Sarajevo will be connected to the highway from three sides, which will reduce everyday congestion.

Value of the contract is 23.3 million KM, secured from loan of the European Investment Bank and OPEC Fund for International Development."

MichiH liked this post
CDTI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 09:46 PM   #1775
woho

Likes (Received): 0

Does anybody know when the toll station on motorway Banja Luka - Gradiska was opened?
And why was it built a second time (only some kilometers northern from the first building)?
woho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2015, 10:10 PM   #1776
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19378

Tolls between Gradiška and Banja Luka were instated on 16 March 2015.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 04:18 AM   #1777
tooljan

Likes (Received): 902

Quote:
Originally Posted by woho View Post
And why was it built a second time (only some kilometers northern from the first building)?
Old toll stations are build on expressway and law doesn't allow charging those type of infrastructure. Also, expressway (in fact, all motorways in Republic of Srpska) are managed by "Putevi RS" and highways are managed by "Autoputevi RS", which is different company, so overall situation about those toll station is complicated. Short, unsuccessful long story...
Old April 8th, 2015, 11:44 AM   #1778
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1527

those on express-way will be demolished.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2015, 01:13 PM   #1779
woho

Likes (Received): 0

Many thanks for your answers!
woho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2015, 07:53 PM   #1780
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2081

I found two news articles about Svilaj – Odzak motorway and Sava bridge from February 2015 (> 1 <; > 2 <).

I'm not sure if I got it right, but I think it's reported that the Svilaj - Odzak section should be opened together with Sava bridge. There is still no time schedule about the bridge but works could maybe begin in late 2015 and it could maybe be completed in late 2017. Can anyone confirm?

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways