daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 18th, 2015, 08:57 PM   #1781
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2188

I have also read somewhere that they slowed down the construction of the lot Svilaj-Odzak to coincide it with the completion of the bridge, which led me to believe that they will not open it until the bridge is opened. I think that the best case for the bridge is 2017.

Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2015, 10:40 PM   #1782
stickedy

Likes (Received): 121

It wouldn't make much sense to open it without bridge since it would let from nowhere to nowhere...
stickedy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 05:32 PM   #1783
CDTI

Likes (Received): 25

"Chinese company to build highway section in RS

The state-owned motorway operator of Republika Srpska, JP Autoputevi RS, has signed a memorandum of cooperation with China Shandong International Economic&Technical Cooperation Group for the drafting of project documents and the construction of the Banja Luka-Prijedor motorway section, the Republika Srpska Government said on Wednesday. [...]
"

more info in Bosnia Today: bosniatoday.ba/chinese-company-to-build-highway-section-in-rs
CDTI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 05:40 PM   #1784
CDTI

Likes (Received): 25

Another one from Bosnia Today:

"Highway Sarajevo – Banja Luka to be built

At the summit of the six Western Balkan counties, which was held in Brussels on Tuesday, Bosnia and Herzegovina nominated five transport projects which were accepted by the EU.

And among them is the highway from Gradiska, over Banja Luka to Travnik.

This means that Sarajevo and Banja Luka, two biggest cities in BiH, could become linked with a modern road, because there is already a highway from Sarajevo to Zenica, near Travnik. [...]
"

more info in Bosnia Today: bosniatoday.ba/highway-sarajevo-banja-luka-to-be-built

SRC_100 liked this post
CDTI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #1785
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

I want to ask a question:
What is going to happen with the Sarajevo-Mostar-Croatian border part of the A1?
I ask you because I couldn't find the answer in the Wikipedia article that I read.
Please inform me, thank you.
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #1786
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2188

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas97 View Post
I want to ask a question: What is going to happen with the Sarajevo-Mostar-Croatian border part of the A1? I ask you because I couldn't find the answer in the Wikipedia article that I read. Please inform me, thank you.
A1 is being built very slowly due to lack of funding. Sarajevo-Tarcin is completed (20km) and Pocitelj-Croatian border is under construction (20km). However, there is no timeline for when the remaining length will be completed. The segment between Tarcin and Pocitelj will be extremely expensive, as it goes through a mountainous region and involves a long tunnel (6km - maybe longer) through mountain Prenj.
Old April 25th, 2015, 08:31 PM   #1787
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis. View Post
Pocitelj-Croatian border is under construction (20km).
Pocitelj-Medugorje is still in tender procedure. Medugorje-border was opened last September.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 08:57 PM   #1788
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis. View Post
A1 is being built very slowly due to lack of funding. Sarajevo-Tarcin is completed (20km) and Pocitelj-Croatian border is under construction (20km). However, there is no timeline for when the remaining length will be completed. The segment between Tarcin and Pocitelj will be extremely expensive, as it goes through a mountainous region and involves a long tunnel (6km - maybe longer) through mountain Prenj.
My personal feeling on the matter is that Sarajevo should forget about the expensive segments and instead concentrate on getting "easy" (nothing is easy when it comes to building roads in Bosnia!) sections open of Corridor Vc. By the time the Sava Bridge opens to Croatia, there'll be only 120km left to build between Sarajevo and the border to the north.

I'm also of the opinion that if Bosnia can keep on constructing (no matter how slowly) corridor Vc, then it puts pressure on Slovakia/Hungary to also come up with linking Budapest and Zilina. Eventually, a decent route from Warsaw to Dalmatia will end up existing, which will do wonders for trade in this part of the world.

Keep on dreaming, I know.

zezi, CDTI, SRC_100 liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:39 PM   #1789
kostas97

OK, my question was answere.

Sorry about the consecutive questions but I really want to ask 2 more:
1)How about the cost of the Sarajevo-Croatian border part? (I would guess its about €1,5-2 billion because of the tunnel)
2)How about the progress on the Sava bridge?
And how long is it?
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:47 PM   #1790
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
1)How about the cost of the Sarajevo-Croatian border part? (I would guess its about €1,5-2 billion because of the tunnel)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1764 (23rd March 2015)

Quote:
2)How about the progress on the Sava bridge?
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1780 (18th April 2015)

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 11:43 PM   #1791
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Thank you for your help, MichiH!
Old April 25th, 2015, 11:50 PM   #1792
kostas97

Quote:
Thank you for your help, MichiH!
I read the first article and its really good that 309 million euros can be saved this way, but I think that the second tube must be constructed as well.
And completion of the road in 2030?
Its a bit too much for such an important road, but as long as there are no funds, I excuse the Bosnian government.
Old April 26th, 2015, 01:14 AM   #1793
Eulanthe

The second tube really isn't needed, as there simply isn't that much long distance traffic in Bosnia right now. The problem with travelling in Bosnia is rather related to the terrain - most intercity routes are simply either exceptionally twisty with considerable changes in elevation, or they have issues with uncontrolled strip development creating incredibly endless built-up areas.

Remember, Bosnia isn't a big country in terms of population. From memory, Mostar only has a population of around 120,000 in the entire district, and the Sarajevo area must only be around 600,000. For that reason, even half profile motorways will do wonders for improving transport links.

This is why I think expanding the A1 north makes far more sense than going south at the minute. The A1 to the north can link into the Banja Luka-Doboj motorway, while also providing a decent way to access Tuzla, Zagreb and Belgrade. To the south on the other hand, it doesn't really open up much.

I'm pretty sure that Bosnia will manage to complete the easy sections of A1 within the next 10-15 years. Mostar-Sarajevo on the other hand... I don't think so.
Old April 26th, 2015, 03:19 AM   #1794
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
The second tube really isn't needed, as there simply isn't that much long distance traffic in Bosnia right now. The problem with travelling in Bosnia is rather related to the terrain - most intercity routes are simply either exceptionally twisty with considerable changes in elevation, or they have issues with uncontrolled strip development creating incredibly endless built-up areas.

Remember, Bosnia isn't a big country in terms of population. From memory, Mostar only has a population of around 120,000 in the entire district, and the Sarajevo area must only be around 600,000. For that reason, even half profile motorways will do wonders for improving transport links.

This is why I think expanding the A1 north makes far more sense than going south at the minute. The A1 to the north can link into the Banja Luka-Doboj motorway, while also providing a decent way to access Tuzla, Zagreb and Belgrade. To the south on the other hand, it doesn't really open up much.

I'm pretty sure that Bosnia will manage to complete the easy sections of A1 within the next 10-15 years. Mostar-Sarajevo on the other hand... I don't think so.
I have to say that l agree with that.....and at the moment, priority should be given in the north part of the road, as it seems far more easy (as I have seen in maps).
in conclusion, are there any tunnels in the north part of the road?
Old April 26th, 2015, 12:52 PM   #1795
Eulanthe

Quote:
I have to say that l agree with that.....and at the moment, priority should be given in the north part of the road, as it seems far more easy (as I have seen in maps).
in conclusion, are there any tunnels in the north part of the road?
There might be a couple, but nothing in any way major.

The problem is politics - the A1 in the north after Zenica doesn't really connect to anything in the Federation, whereas the A1 towards Mostar (and the coast) is in the interest of both Bosniaks and Croats.

Still, I'd expect the A1 to at least go towards the border of the RS/FBiH, which should help things somewhat. -
Old April 26th, 2015, 04:32 PM   #1796
kostas97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
There might be a couple, but nothing in any way major.

The problem is politics - the A1 in the north after Zenica doesn't really connect to anything in the Federation, whereas the A1 towards Mostar (and the coast) is in the interest of both Bosniaks and Croats.

Still, I'd expect the A1 to at least go towards the border of the RS/FBiH, which should help things somewhat. -
Yes, that's why I mentioned the importance of the southern part of the road but as long as it is hard to finally construct it, the north part seems more realistic.
probably because along with the Sava bridge it's going to connect Sarajevo with cities like Zagreb, Osijek or Budapest in a more appropriate way......if successful, then the interest in constructing the southern part of the A1 will follow, that's what I think.
Oh, by the way, there is no doubt that an A1 near the federations borders will be really effective, as well.
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:08 AM   #1797
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Do anyone know when they open the nort parth on A1 together with the south part of Croatian A5? When that part is open that means parts of Bosnian motorways is a part of the Contnental motorways.
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2015, 12:50 PM   #1798
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uppsala View Post
Do anyone know when they open the nort parth on A1 together with the south part of Croatian A5? When that part is open that means parts of Bosnian motorways is a part of the Contnental motorways.
The BiH motorway A1 is already connected to the Continental motorways at Bijaca and the Croation A10/A1
Without the bridge over the Sava river this section is useless so the construction has not been intense, as you can see:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
JP Autoceste

Svilaj-Odzak 04/2015

usporilo

SRC_100, MichiH liked this post
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 12:18 AM   #1799
Uppsala

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
The BiH motorway A1 is already connected to the Continental motorways at Bijaca and the Croation A10/A1
Without the bridge over the Sava river this section is useless so the construction has not been intense, as you can see:

Thank you! Is this means when the bridge over Sava river is complete they will connect Bosnian A1 with Croatian A5 at the same time?

When do they plan to open that bridge?

Another question. Thats interesting a part of Bosnian motorway A1 is already connected to the Continental motorways at Bijaca. Do anyone knows when this part will be open to Mostar?
Uppsala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2015, 11:14 AM   #1800
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

There haven`t started the bridge building, what`s more there even is not announced tender yet and you ask about date of opening?! Come on...

PS Previous 2* tenders has been cancelled.

* edited

Last edited by SRC_100; April 28th, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways