daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2015, 08:43 AM   #1841
Des
Traveller

Likes (Received): 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulanthe View Post
You need insurance there too. The problem with BiH is that many border crossings don't actually sell insurance - for instance, Neum 1/2 don't sell it. While BiH don't really bother to control the Neum border, if you have an accident along the Neum corridor - then you'd be really in trouble without proof of insurance. Piotr - have you tried asking for the Green Card without saying which countries? Or failing that - have you tried asking for Tunisia/Morocco and just seeing what turns up? They have to actually "cancel" the Green Card boxes, so it's possible that you'll get it without any cancelled boxes. I remember being very amused when getting my first Polish Green Card as it meant that I could drive to Iran with insurance
I think very few people know that you need BiH insurance too if you drive to Dubrovnik from northern croatia.

I drove from Dubrovnik to Zagreb last year with a Bentley, because I assumed it should have insurance for that part of Bosnia we drove via Bihac to Zagreb. Very cool to see some more of Bosnia and the locals loved the car

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2015, 10:38 PM   #1842
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien x View Post
My experience with insurances in Italy and Switzerland is that generally when you get your proof of insurance they don't print the section for the green card automatically even though a green section is already part of the document (just not printed). Basically you have to ask them (before or after) to give you a copy and they do it with out any additional charges.
here in HR you get it regularly while making yearly insurance, it is free of charge, and you can get a free copy whenever you want if you lose it.
Old June 19th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #1843
ETSman
Unregistered User

Likes (Received): 445

Taken from Bosnian forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by malv0 View Post
kalifornija

FK SARAJEVO
ETSman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 10:47 PM   #1844
diegobonazzi

Likes (Received): 1

30 months Pocitelj

"...Pocitelj – Medjugorje, 11km, 100 million € from EIB, 1% interest rate over 25 years. Works should begin in summer 2015, construction time 30 months..."
Is it really possible that motorway will get to Pocitelj only in December 2017?!?!
30 months construction seems to me exagerated... Any update about this info?...
diegobonazzi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:16 PM   #1845
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3478

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegobonazzi View Post
"...Pocitelj – Medjugorje, 11km, 100 million € from EIB, 1% interest rate over 25 years. Works should begin in summer 2015, construction time 30 months..."
Is it really possible that motorway will get to Pocitelj only in December 2017?!?!
1,2km tunel an 945m bridge 30 months is not to much you can take a look at similar projects around the world and the time frame is 30 to 36 months. It would take the same or longer in Italy.

No updates.

SRC_100, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:40 PM   #1846
SRC_100

Likes (Received): 3275

Quote:
30 months construction seems to me exagerated
Your comment is due to lack or very little knowledge concerning road construction. In the worst case because of ignorance.
SRC_100 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:49 PM   #1847
BL2
I bin a Wiena

Likes (Received): 1554

second carriageway of Belgrade ring motorway in a flat terrain has deadline of 30 months.

Last edited by BL2; July 2nd, 2015 at 04:55 PM.
BL2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2015, 04:52 PM   #1848
Eulanthe

Likes (Received): 411

Quote:
I actually wonder if we'll see any extensions of the A1 beyond Pocitelj for a few years. The connection from Pocitelj is needed quite badly, but after that?

For what it's worth, is it just me, or is the A1 actually useless for traffic in the Sarajevo-Dubrovnik direction?

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Eulanthe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:12 AM   #1849
tooljan

Likes (Received): 902

Quote:
For what it's worth, is it just me, or is the A1 actually useless for traffic in the Sarajevo-Dubrovnik direction?
Yes, for now it's useless.
Old July 3rd, 2015, 02:59 AM   #1850
atlantis.
Modulator

Likes (Received): 2190

Quote:
I actually wonder if we'll see any extensions of the A1 beyond Pocitelj for a few years. The connection from Pocitelj is needed quite badly, but after that? For what it's worth, is it just me, or is the A1 actually useless for traffic in the Sarajevo-Dubrovnik direction?
A1 section from Sarajevo to Tarcin can be currently used when going from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik. Once fully built, you'll be able to use Sarajevo-Pocitelj when going to Dubrovnik.

atlantis. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2015, 10:20 AM   #1851
Eulanthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis. View Post
A1 section from Sarajevo to Tarcin can be currently used when going from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik. Once fully built, you'll be able to use Sarajevo-Pocitelj when going to Dubrovnik.
Yes, you can use it, but is it really worth going the long way round? If the border crossing in Metković isn't busy, it's a very long detour to use the A1. The D62 isn't a good road, and using the A1/D425 in Croatia also incurs tolling costs.

Old July 3rd, 2015, 03:44 PM   #1852
atlantis.
Modulator

Quote:
Yes, you can use it, but is it really worth going the long way round? If the border crossing in Metković isn't busy, it's a very long detour to use the A1. The D62 isn't a good road, and using the A1/D425 in Croatia also incurs tolling costs.
Have you considered Mostar-Stolac-Trebinje-Dubrovnik?
That's probably your fastest route at this time.

However, as more and more of A1 is built between Sarajevo and Pocitelj, this route will be more and more attractive.

Old July 4th, 2015, 02:08 PM   #1853
Eulanthe

Quote:
Have you considered Mostar-Stolac-Trebinje-Dubrovnik?
That's probably your fastest route at this time.

However, as more and more of A1 is built between Sarajevo and Pocitelj, this route will be more and more attractive.
Haven't tried, no. I've done Sarajevo-Trebinje via Brod na Drini, which was torture (not the road surface, just the actual road) between Sarajevo and Brod na Drini and quite acceptable after that. I don't know where it was, but there was one point after Brod na Drini where the road has been considerably modernised with a tunnel - and it was a sheer pleasure to drive on.

I suppose the real problem with the Bosnian A1 is that it should connect into the Croatian A1 going further south, but who knows what will happen there?

Old July 4th, 2015, 02:51 PM   #1854
atlantis.
Modulator

Quote:
Haven't tried, no. I've done Sarajevo-Trebinje via Brod na Drini, which was torture (not the road surface, just the actual road) between Sarajevo and Brod na Drini and quite acceptable after that. I don't know where it was, but there was one point after Brod na Drini where the road has been considerably modernised with a tunnel - and it was a sheer pleasure to drive on. I suppose the real problem with the Bosnian A1 is that it should connect into the Croatian A1 going further south, but who knows what will happen there?
The final route for the Adria-Ionian motorway is still uncertain. It could split off south toward Dubrovnik in Pocitelj (BiH version), or in Ploce (Croatian version). Only one will be built, but either way, using the motorways will be the fastest route to Dubrovnik. In either case, there will soon be a new option to drive on a new connection between Stolac and Neum, which would avoid having to cross three border crossings compared to the Metkovic route, similar to either Trebinje route.

You are correct about the road Sarajevo-Brod na Drini-Tjentiste, which is about 100km long and pretty rough to drive on. The new section was inserted after Tjentiste and is at least 15-20 minute time savings compared to the old route over the mountain. There have been some talks about route corrections between Sarajevo and Brod na Drini using European (cohesion?) funds, since this is part of the connection between the two capitals Sarajevo and Podgorica.

Old July 5th, 2015, 10:45 AM   #1855
Eulanthe

Quote:
You are correct about the road Sarajevo-Brod na Drini-Tjentiste, which is about 100km long and pretty rough to drive on. The new section was inserted after Tjentiste and is at least 15-20 minute time savings compared to the old route over the mountain. There have been some talks about route corrections between Sarajevo and Brod na Drini using European (cohesion?) funds, since this is part of the connection between the two capitals Sarajevo and Podgorica.
It would certainly be welcomed, I was surprised by just how tough it was to drive that section. I got to Brod na Drini, saw the cafe next to the bridge and immediately ordered two coffees!

Tjentiste was beautiful however, and absolutely worth the drive from Sarajevo.

What strikes me in BiH in general is that the roads are maintained well and there's no real problem with them, but the actual technical challenge of driving the roads (up, down, left, right, left, up, etc) is what hurts. Traffic seems low in many places (even Tuzla-Sarajevo wasn't intolerable) - but with kilometres and kilometres of bends and climbs and absolutely no passing opportunities, it was a real struggle.

Old July 5th, 2015, 05:01 PM   #1856
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Likes (Received): 5106

Banja Luka-Doboj highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNX View Post
Autoput Banja Luka - Doboj Dionica Prnjavor - Doboj. Vožnja trasom od Johovca do Prnjavora. Snimljeno 30.05.2015.

nestvaran no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2015, 05:02 PM   #1857
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Quote:
Autoput Banja Luka - Doboj Dionica Prnjavor - Doboj. Vožnja trasom od Johovca do Prnjavora. Snimljeno 30.05.2015.

Old July 5th, 2015, 05:03 PM   #1858
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Quote:

Old July 5th, 2015, 05:04 PM   #1859
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Quote:
Autoput Banja Luka - Doboj Dionica Prnjavor - Doboj. Vožnja trasom od Johovca do Prnjavora. Most preko rijeke Ukrine. Snimljeno 30.05.2015.

Old July 5th, 2015, 05:05 PM   #1860
nestvaran
Inveniam viam

Quote:
Autoput Banja Luka - Doboj Dionica Prnjavor - Doboj. Vožnja trasom od Johovca do Prnjavora. Pogled s istoka na krivinu iza koje se nalazi petlja Prnjavor. Snimljeno 30.05.2015.

And even more pictures on the bosnian thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...805687&page=50

Tags
bosnia and herzegovina, highways