daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:14 AM   #641
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

can you blame them? It seems like a wasteland desert of bloodthirsty homicidal maniacs. If they could afford nukes imagine what would happen :o
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:02 PM   #642
italystf

Likes (Received): 2183

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Blame the US for its puppet dictatorships that generated fierce opposition, usually in the shape of religious fundamentalism. Iran was not Wonderland under the Shah's regime. The West and the US want almost no country in the Middle East to be prosperous and powerful, under whatever regime.
It's not true. There are a few of Muslim countries in the Middle East that are now relatively wealthy and politically friendly with the West: the Emirates, Qatar, Bahrein, Oman, Kuwait, Jordan. They are not democratic like us but they aren't megalomaniac and bloody theocracies either. I never heard politicians in EU or USA complaining about economical development in these countries.
If you read my posts often you know that I don't defend the western world at any cost. I recognize that the USA and Europe have their share of responsibility for some conflicts and bloody regimes in the thrid world. But I cannot deny that Muslim fondamentalism is one of the most serious issue in the contemporary world, a real manace to the global stability. You know that when you read about Muslims living in Europe (even 2nd-generation immigrants or people grown in "liberal" countries like Turkey or Bosnia, that one may assume to be "westernized"), leaving their families and going to Iraq or Syria to join the ISIS and fight that absurd, bloody and fraticide war that is not meant to reach a goal, just to terrorize the world.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:10 PM   #643
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Let's keep the thread about Iran please.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 10:48 PM   #644
verreme

Likes (Received): 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Let's keep the thread about Iran please.
Sorry for the OT. I'd just like to point something out; I wasn't particularly defending anyone, just saying that everyone is to blame and Iran is not ruled by "homicidal maniacs". They don't support ISIS by the way, whilst "friendly" Qatar is financing them.

JuaanAcosta, čarli, iranii liked this post
verreme no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #645
fredy1992

Likes (Received): 91

Long live Iran and Russia, if you don't like it, then don't go there, what makes you think people in there are waiting for you, go to U.S or Europe or whatever, I have been in Iran and I must say that no one gives a damn about what others think about them, I believe this is the way it should be, even those countries which pretend that are good together will betray one another when it comes to their own interests. There is no good or bad, there is only benefit, so don't blame Iran or any other country, they do what is best for them, that's it.
fredy1992 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 10:15 PM   #646
vatse

Likes (Received): 727

Tehran
Niayesh Expressway to the east from Chamran Expressway to Modares Expressway

Picture 323 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 324 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 325 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 326 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 327 by vatse, on Flickr

Niayesh Tunnel

Picture 328 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 329 by vatse, on Flickr

End of Niayesh Tunnel near Modares Expressway

Picture 330 by vatse, on Flickr

And beginning of Sadr Expressway

Picture 331 by vatse, on Flickr

Tom 958, pmaciej7, urbastar, verreme liked this post
vatse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 10:21 PM   #647
vatse

Upper part of Sadr Expressway to the east from Modares Expressway to Qeitarieh Street

Picture 333 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 334 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 336 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 338 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 339 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 340 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 341 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 343 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 344 by vatse, on Flickr

Corvinus, Tom 958, urbastar, PiotrJot liked this post
Old December 26th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #648
vatse

Picture 346 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 347 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 348 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 349 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 350 by vatse, on Flickr

Exit to Qeitarieh Street

Picture 351 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 352 by vatse, on Flickr

Tom 958, urbastar, verreme liked this post
Old December 26th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #649
vatse

Upper part of Sadr Expressway to the west from Qeitarieh Street to Modares Expressway

Picture 358 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 359 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 361 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 363 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 364 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 368 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 369 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 371 by vatse, on Flickr

Picture 372 by vatse, on Flickr

Tom 958, Verso, urbastar, verreme liked this post
Old January 18th, 2015, 05:51 PM   #650
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Well, my first post in a long long time here This is mainly because my interest has shifted from roads to railways. As a student, I hardly travel by car anymore and usually take my bike or a train to get somewhere And I still have to get my driver's licence Anyway, I've hardly taken any roadpics since 2011 and I don't think that much will change in the near future, but still I've got some pics to show here. Last October/November I've travelled overland to Iran with quite a huge detour, mainly by train. I did visit two forum members on my way though: Ripley_LV in Latvia and x-type in Croatia (for the second time). It was nice meeting you guys! Within Iran I've taken quite a few pictures, including some pictures of main roads in the country. I've spent two weeks in Iran: first three days in Tehran, followed by three days in Shiraz, three days in Esfahan, two days in Mashhad and surroundings and finally one and a half day in Tehran, from where I went back to the Netherlands by plane. On several (Dutch) fora I've posted travel reports, in the end of this post I've put a few links for those who might be interested. The pictures here are the motorway-relevant pictures of those I've uploaded on Flickr

1. Traffic in Tehran, close to the Azadi Tower. This tower is situated in the middle of a huge, traffic-infested roundabout. Traffic in Tehran is something to get used to anyway, crossing the street as a pedestrian goes lane by lane and when it's not congested, traffic is utterly crazy.

Traffic near Borj e Azadi (Azadi Tower) in Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

2. Streetview in the south central area of Tehran, during an Islamic holiday. Usually this street is full of stinking traffic

Amir Kabir Street, Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

3. One day (and a train ride) later, in the south of Iran. This is the main road leading into the city centre of Shiraz.

Entering Shiraz by car by Timon91, on Flickr

4. Close to Shiraz is Persepolis, the ruins of an ancient Persian city. It is situated closed to the town of Marvdasht, along the main road towards Esfahan, Qom and Tehran, road no. 65. Also notice the anti-UK/anti-Israel propaganda on the billboard on the right.

On the road from Shiraz to Persepolis by Timon91, on Flickr

5. Tehran is quite a drive from here.

On the road from Shiraz to Persepolis by Timon91, on Flickr

After Shiraz I visited Esfahan (an astonishingly beautiful city, by the way), but I haven't photographed any motorways in that area.

6. Streetview in Mashhad, in the desolate north-east corner of the country. As the crow flies, Turkmenistan is only 75 km away, Afghanistan 150.

Streetview in Mashhad by Timon91, on Flickr

7. Traffic chaos on a main road in Mashhad. Mashhad is the second city of Iran and mainly known for the Holy Shrine of Imam Reza, which attracts about 20 million pilgrims per year.

Streetview in Mashhad by Timon91, on Flickr

8. The next morning. My couchsurfinghost in Mashhad quite suddenly had to go to Tehran and offered a ride. Sure, why not end the Iranian adventure with a 1000 km roadtrip? Otherwise I would have returned to Tehran by train. Here we enter a motorway near Mashhad, in the background you can see a mountain range with some fresh snow.

Motorway near Mashhad by Timon91, on Flickr

9. Streetview in downtown Mashhad. Traffic seems to be pretty quiet, but if you look closely you'll see otherwise The jams continue further ahead.

Downtown Mashhad by Timon91, on Flickr

10. The motorway leading out of the city, no. 44. This is the main road towards Tehran and traffic here is much lighter already.

Leaving Mashhad towards Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

11. The official name of this road is the "Imam Reza Expressway", so let's call this an expressway There are many exits and U-turns towards the left, so it is quite substandard. The signs are mostly bilingual, like here. Usually there is first a distance sign in Farsi, followed by one in English a little bit further down the road

Route 44 in Iran, near Mashhad by Timon91, on Flickr

12. Beautiful road, usually the quality is not too bad

13. A typical exit to the left, towards a nearby train station.

14. In Nishapur, about 100 km west of Mashhad, we stop to see some sights. While exiting the city towards the main road we have a beautiful view of the Binalud mountain range (east-west).

Binalud mountains near Nishapur by Timon91, on Flickr

15. 770 km to go, but tonight we're going to stay in Shahrud.

Route 44 in Iran, near Nishapur by Timon91, on Flickr

16. The railway line Mashhad-Tehran. By car it takes about 10-11 hours to complete the trip between the two cities if you don't stop too often and when you're lucky with traffic, otherwise it can take much longer. Day trains cover the distance in 7-8 hours, night trains usually need about 12 hours.

Railway Mashhad-Tehran seen from the car by Timon91, on Flickr

17. The carriageways are usually a bit apart, like in rural areas in the US. Here it can be quite extreme, sometimes it's more than a kilometre and you cannot even see the other carriageway. The surroundings are beautiful, quite desert-like.

Route 44 in Iran by Timon91, on Flickr

18. Roadside rest-area, including a mosque

Roadside rest area on route 44 in Iran by Timon91, on Flickr

19. Slowly but surely it's getting dark, the sun sets quite early in this part of the world.

Route 44 in Iran by Timon91, on Flickr

20. Just before Shahrud.

Route 44 in Iran, near Shahrud by Timon91, on Flickr

21. The next morning we rise early, the light is beautiful at this time of day. Here another U-turn to the left, not far west of Shahrud.

22. You may call it cursing, but this reminds me quite a lot of the USA

23. Just before Semnan route 44 crosses a mountain pass, from here we descend "Dangerous steep" towards Semnan. The English translations are of mixed quality, but for me it was already quite a pleasant surprise that there were English translations virtually everywhere. Notice the smog layer over Semnan, even a small town as Semnan (150.000 people) already has a smog problem, due to the leaded fuel and the old cars that are used here (sanctions). The smog can be quite unpleasant in large cities.

Route 44 in Iran, near Semnan by Timon91, on Flickr

24. Near Semnan we leave route 44 and head north. The Imam Reza Expressway ends in the south of Tehran, which is probably the worst part of Iran considering traffic. Via route 36 and route 79 we'll end up in the north of the city, which is better.

Route 36 in Iran, near Semnan by Timon91, on Flickr

25. Mt. Damavand, the highest point of Iran (5671 metres). From this road we get quite a good view of the mountain Here we're already at about 2200 metres.

Mt. Damavand seen from route 36, near Semnan by Timon91, on Flickr

26. The mountains are beautiful, this reminded me quite much of the Andes, which I visited about half a year before going to Iran.

Landscape on route 36, near Semnan by Timon91, on Flickr

27. Route 36, with Mt. Damavand still in sight.

28. Similarly, there is hardly any traffic here

29. Narrow gorge with a dangerous curve.

Gorge in route 36, Iran by Timon91, on Flickr

30. Fresh snow near Firouzkouh.

Route 36 near Firouzkouh, Iran by Timon91, on Flickr

31. Near Firouzkouh we enter route 79. First we have to go a bit in the wrong direction, after about a kilometre we can make a U-turn to head towards Tehran. Going left in Iran often goes like this

Route 79 near Firouzkouh, Iran by Timon91, on Flickr

32. Route 79, just outside Firouzkouh. Here you can see an example of what I talked about before: first a distance sign in Persian, 200 metres down the road an English one. Tehran is 115 km from here.

Route 79 near Firouzkouh, Iran by Timon91, on Flickr

33. We're approaching Tehran, the smog is getting worse already

Entering Tehran on route 79 by Timon91, on Flickr

34. The Milad Tower, the highest building of Iran.

Borj-e Milad, Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

35. Main road in Tehran. Behind the smog you can see the contours of the mountains behind the city.

View over Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

36. Plenty of traffic jams here.

Traffic congestion, Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

37. A smoggy intersection seen from the Milad Tower.

View from Borj-e Milad, Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

38. Another one.

View from Borj-e Milad, Tehran by Timon91, on Flickr

Well, that's what I have to offer here considering roadpics For those interested there are 8 links to travel reports covering the journey towards and within Iran. Many trains, but also quite of few pictures of the cities themselves Unfortunately for most of you, it is all in Dutch.

Part 1: Enschede-Stockholm-Rovaniemi
Part 2: Rovaniemi-Tallinn-Riga-Warszawa
Part 3: Warszawa-Łódź-Praha-České Budějovice-Český Krumlov
Part 4: České Budějovice-Zagreb-Beograd
Part 5: Beograd-Thessaloniki-Plovdiv-Ankara
Part 6: Ankara-Tabriz-Tehran
Part 7: Tehran-Shiraz-Esfahan
Part 8: Esfahan-Mashhad-Tehran

Some albums of the cities in Iran, on Flickr: Tehran, Shiraz, Persepolis & Naqsh-e Rostam, Esfahan and Mashhad and surroundings.

Iran is a beautiful country with fantastic people. Iranians are really open and extremely hospitable. There is indeed quite some anti-west propaganda around, but this is mostly the point of view of the authorities, not the people. That said, I haven't had any trouble with the authorities and in contrast to what I had expected, I've had no trouble taking pictures It has been an awesome experience and I can highly recommend going there!

Thanks for watching!
Old January 18th, 2015, 08:02 PM   #651
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Look, Timon is alive. Great photos.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:08 PM   #652
xrtn2

Likes (Received): 17485

Amazing pictures
Old January 19th, 2015, 10:23 PM   #653
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Look, Timon is alive. Great photos.
Yep, still alive and kickin'

Verso liked this post
Timon91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2015, 07:35 PM   #654
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

One week to the largest freeway opening of this Iranian year, Qom-Garmsar Freeway (152 km)
Quote:
5 اسفند؛ زمان افتتاح قطعه یک آزادراه حرم تا حرم
» سرویس: اقتصادي - راه و ساختمان
کد خبر: 93112815505
سه*شنبه ۲۸ بهمن ۱۳۹۳ - ۱۱:۱۶
2-388.jpg
با پایان یافتن عملیات اجرایی قطعه اول آزادراه حرم تا حرم، آزادراه قم – گرمسار در تاریخ پنجم اسفند ماه سال جاری با حضور حسن روحانی افتتاح خواهد شد.

به گزارش خبرنگار خبرگزاری دانشجویان ایران (ایسنا)، عملیات اجرایی قطعه یک آزادراه حرم تا حرم که حدفاصل قم تا گرمسار را در برمی*گیرد، در تاریخ 22 اسفند سال 1391 با سرمایه دولت و قرارگاه خاتم الانبیا آغاز شده بود و با پایان یافتن آخرین مراحل کار اجرایی در روزهای ابتدایی ماه آینده رسما زیر بار ترافیک خواهد رفت.
طبق برآوردهای انجام شده با افتتاح این مسیر طول مسیر قم به گرمسار 85 کیلومتر و از زمان سفر 90 دقیقه برای خودروهای سواری کاهش خواهد یافت.

همچنین با افتتاح این قطعه از آزادراه، با صرفه جویی سالانه 9 میلیون لیتر بنزین نزدیک به 92 میلیارد تومان صرفه جویی صورت خواهد گرفت و درحوزه مصرف گازوئیل نیز با صرفه جویی 87 میلیون لیتری برای کشور 107 میلیارد تومان صرفه جویی مصرف سوخت به همراه خواهد داشت.

این آزادراه که در زمان ساخت بیشتر از 1200 و در زمان بهره برداری بیش از 400 فرصت شغلی ایجاد کرده به عنوان یکی از اصلی ترین اهداف دولت در زمینه افزایش ایمنی راه*ها، کاهش ترافیک جاده*های منتهی به پایتخت و کاهش آلاینده*های زیست محیطی به حساب می*آید.
link

Commencement of construction of Tehran Southern Bypass Freeway
`
Quote:
مدیرعامل شرکت ساخت و توسعه زیربناهای حمل و نقل با اشاره به کلنگ*زنی آزادراه کنارگذر جنوب تهران، اظهار داشت: همزمان با بهره برداری از آزادراه قم- گرمسار، آزادراه کنارگذر جنوب تهران هم به طول ۱۵۸ کیلومتر کلنگ*زنی می شود.

وی، اعتبار مورد نیاز برای این پروژه را ۳ هزار میلیارد تومان اعلام کرد و افزود: در این پروژه هم قرارگاه سازندگی خاتم*الانبیاء وارد می شود که سهم دولت در این پروژه ۳۰ درصد است و متناسب با پیشرفت پروژه به سازنده تسهیلات داده می شود، در واقع پولی به طور مستقیم به پیمانکار نمی پردازد.

معاون وزیر راه و شهرسازی با بیان اینکه ۸ پروژه به صندوق توسعه ملی معرفی کردیم، اضافه کرد: حداقل ۵ میلیارد یورو تسهیلات پیشنهاد داده ایم که هنوز جوابی از صندوق توسعه نگرفتیم البته مسئولان صندوق تمایل به سرمایه*گذاری دارند.

نورزاد با اشاره به ساخت راه آهن سریع*السیر قم- اصفهان گفت: خوشبختانه هفته گذشته LC باز شد و در جریان افتتاح آزادراه قم- گرمسار و کلنگ*زنی آزادراه کنارگذر جنوب تهران این پروژه هم کلنگ*زنی می شود.

مدیرعامل شرکت ساخت و توسعه زیربناهای حمل و نقل، طول این راه آهن را ۴۰۰ کیلومتر اعلام کرد و ادامه داد: پس از ساخت این راه آهن قطار سریع*السیر با سرعت ۳۰۰ کیلومتر در ساعت این مسیر را طی می کند.
link

pmaciej7 liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #655
Tom 958

Likes (Received): 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrtn2 View Post
Amazing pictures
And commentary. Commentary is good.
Tom 958 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2015, 07:45 AM   #656
NFZANMNIM

* Garmsar-Qom Freeway opening in 1 day
* Length of about 155 km
*Toll rate (for private cars) estimated to be 4500 toman (slightly above 1 Euro)

Quote:
عوارض آزادراه قم-گرمسار کمتر از ۵۰۰۰ تومان خواهد بود
يکشنبه ۳ اسفند ۱۳۹۳ ساعت ۱۱:۱۴

تین نیوز | عضو کمیسیون عمران مجلس با بیان این*که مردم پیش از این از آزادراه قم-گرمسار استفاده می*کردند، گفت: هم*اکنون نواقص این آزادراه برطرف شده و نرخ عوارض عبور از آن کمتر از ۵۰۰۰ تومان خواهد بود.

علیرضا خسروی اظهار کرد: یک سری گیرها روی بخش*های مختلف از جهت ایستگاه پلیس، بین*راهی ها و گیت*های آزادراه وجود داشت که تقریبا برای افتتاح تکمیل شده است.

وی با بیان این*که قبلا مردم از این آزادراه استفاده می*کردند، تصریح کرد: آزادراه قم-گرمسار یک سری مشکلات از جمله ورودی و خروجی داشت، آزادراه نباید ورودی و خروجی خطرآفرین داشته باشد و این موارد اصلاح شده است.

وی با بیان این*که مردم در گذشته با حالت تردید و شک در این آزادراه تردد می*کردند، بیان کرد: در رابطه با میزان عوارض آزادراه مذکور روی رقم زیر 5000 تومان صحبت شده بود، اما این*که رقم نهایی عوارض که چه میزانی است هنوز قطعی نشده است.

عضو کمیسیون عمران یکی از مزیت*های این آزادراه را کاهش یک ساعته سفر اعلام کرد و گفت: این آزادراه هم به نفع تهران و هم شهرهای دیگر است.

معاون ساخت و توسعه آزادراه*ها اردیبهشت ماه امسال با اشاره به این که هزینه های بخش خصوصی در ساخت آزادراه از محل دریافت عوارض تامین می شود گفته* بود: پیش بینی می کنیم عوارض آزادراه قم گرمسار 4500 تومان شود.

احمدی نوری با بیان این که در جاهایی که نرخ عوارض خیلی بالا می رود دولت کمک کرده و عوارض را متعارف می کند گفت: پیش بینی می کنیم هر کیلومتر آزادراه قم گرمسار 25 تا 30 تومان عوارض داشته باشد، به عبارت دیگر عوارض این آزادراه حدود 4500 تومان است.
Source
Old February 23rd, 2015, 08:10 AM   #657
NFZANMNIM

Garmsar-Qom Freeway pre-opening picture
http://www.cdtic.ir/Upload/Image/139...4fd6d4d960.jpg
http://www.cdtic.ir/Upload/Image/139...0209e50897.jpg
http://www.cdtic.ir/Upload/Image/139...c33615c235.JPG
http://www.cdtic.ir/Upload/Image/139...279d6ddc5d.JPG

http://www.cdtic.ir/Upload/Image/139...9631246d2e.JPG

Last edited by NFZANMNIM; February 24th, 2015 at 09:46 AM. Reason: please don't post 4600 px wide photos+New picture added
Old February 25th, 2015, 09:16 AM   #658
NFZANMNIM

A superamateur map of the trace of Qom Garmsar Freeway
نقشه کاملا آماتور از مسیر آزادراه قم-گرمسار
Old February 25th, 2015, 10:28 PM   #659
NFZANMNIM

Qom-Garmsar Freeway

ETC has been Implemented

source
Old February 25th, 2015, 10:37 PM   #660
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19366

Does this sign says the name of the freeway? 'Freeway Shrine to Shrine' آزادراه حرم تا حرم

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
iran