daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Romania & Moldova > The Lounge > Photo Corner

Old April 26th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #21
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Likes (Received): 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Romania is ahead of us in the industrial progress and development , but in the tourist and recreational one we are far ahead of them ...
I think you're only ahead of Romania "in tourism and recreational" as much as we're ahead of Bulgaria on "industrial progress and development" ... lets not have the impression you're somehow Switzerland and we're Patagonia (we probably are Patagonia - beautiful and undiscovered )
The only reason Romania has the image it has, is because we never really advertised our country ... the only "adverts" we had were from foreign tabloids and news agencies writing cheap bullshit.

Here in UK Bulgaria is advertised 10 times more than Romania ( no exageration;and well done to all involved in this and to Bulgaria also). This does not mean though that Romania has 10 times less to offer, does it ?!?!?BTW I have got a colleague at work that has bought a flat in Bulgaria (Bansko) without even going there or knowing anything about Bulgaria; he showed me some drawing on a website ... Just pure investment coordinated by investment agencies or real estate agents … that is why I was telling earlier on about the property bubble ... and they promised him rental income 10 month a year bla la bla ... and there are thousands and thousands like him ...

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
nebunul no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 27th, 2007, 12:43 AM   #22
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 29

There is no doubt that Romania has a shitload of potential. My friends went to Timisoara & Sibiu 2 summers ago and they were simple astonished that the general public in Canada have no idea that such nice towns existed in the land of Dracula. If ever Romania advertizes the Carpathians, Transilvania and especially Dracula (you have no idea in Canada, how many people know Transilvania but think its an independant country )...I have no doubt that RO will become an interesting tourist spot on the Balkans...As for the sea resorts, leave that to us, we may not have the best beaches in the world but better than Romania's...no offence. As for the construction bubble in BG...the good thing is that although some of our politicians are dumb villagers, others try to promote BG as a year round tourist destination. For example in Bansko and the region, although it is mainly known for ski tourism, they are presently developping over 6-7 golf courses and many spa resorts...I have to agree about the seaside unfortunately the Black Sea is not the Med, but from April to August with the growing number of tourists...the owners will get back their $$$...unless they deal with some shitty agency that sell them shitty property located nowhere near the coast like it says on the brochures...

btw I know that it is off topic, but do u have any new info about Esplanada?

Last edited by BG_PATRIOT; April 27th, 2007 at 12:50 AM.
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 12:58 AM   #23
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_PATRIOT View Post

As for the sea resorts, leave that to us, we may not have the best beaches in the world but better than Romania's...no offence.
No offence - Just reality
Espanada still on hold ... latest news - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=214

Timpul pentru Unire niciodată nu va veni de la sine, dacă nu-l vom face şi aduce fiecare dintre noi, cei care ne dorim Unirea cu adevărat.
“DACĂ VISUL UNORA A FOST SĂ AJUNGĂ ÎN COSMOS, EU VIAŢA ÎNTREAGĂ AM VISAT SĂ TREC PRUTUL” (GRIGORE VIERU)
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #24
andrei4romania

Likes (Received): 0

Well, in my opinion our sea resorts are better than the sea resorts of Bulgaria, but not because we have better beaches than Bulgaria...simply because the night life that some of our resorts offer easily tops any Bulgarian sea resort or many other world class resorts for that matter, wherever these might be! Believe me, you have not really been to a club until you have been to a club in Romania (Kristal, Bamboo, The Office in Bucharest when it's colder, and Kristal Summer Club, The Office, Mondy's etc. in Mamaia during the summer...nit to mention those awesome beach after-hours clubs like Kudos, La Cucaracha and Tam-Tam, where you party until you forget where you are). So yes, the Bulgarian sea side is better for old people and families, but the Romanian sea side is MUCH BETTER for young people in looking for loads of fun! I rest my case!!! Cheers....
andrei4romania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #25
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

You have obviously never been to BG...or if you have you went somewhere north of Golden Sands (Balchik, Kavarna, Albena) where most Romanian tourist go to and where night life is not as developp since constrcution in those areas has only started recently...Indeed there are alot of old couples and families on our seaside but the nightlife is crazy to!...anyways, I personnaly don't give a damn when I am drunk, either RO or BG, as long as there is booze and nice girls...I couldn't care less...I am pretty sure you have the same opinion..

btw nebunul, thx for the info...I see that some of your politicians are also selyanduri(villagers) like ours.
Old April 27th, 2007, 02:03 AM   #26
andrei4romania

Hahaha, well as a matter of fact I went exactly to Golden Sands, and I must admit that it was VERY NICE...the beaches were nice, and that main commercial artery with bars and restaurants was impressive. Nice hotels, and even the Go-Kart track at the end of the resort was nice, cuz I rode it! HOWEVER, I still keep my remark, when I say that Mamaia is much better than any Bulgarian resort in terms of clubbing! Kristal Summer Club, LaMania, The Office, La Cucaracha, Kudos, Tam-Tam, Club XXI and many many others are just a few of the nightlife "landmarks" of Mamaia, and they're AMAZING! The tourism in Bulgaria is comparable to the kind of tourism that Greece and Turkey practice, with decent infrastructure and softcore nightlife, meaning bars and clubs with salsa-kind music! That's perfectly OK, but the kind of nightlife Mamaia has fits in the hardcore nightlife category! I mean where else on the Black Sea can you go to LaMania to listen to DeepDish until 6 AM in the morning, then go out on the beach to Kudos to listen to Marco Carola while watching the sunrise, and continue this until 2 PM in the afternoon? I mean, no offense but Bulgaria can't offer that in ANY of their Black Sea resorts! But either way, congrats to Bulgaria for doing a great job with their seaside! Respect...
Old April 27th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #27
andrei4romania

Just in case you want to see what Kudos is all about (the beach club), visit www.kudos.ro !
Old April 27th, 2007, 03:24 AM   #28
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Old April 27th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #29
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebunul View Post
I think you're only ahead of Romania "in tourism and recreational" as much as we're ahead of Bulgaria on "industrial progress and development" ... lets not have the impression you're somehow Switzerland and we're Patagonia (we probably are Patagonia - beautiful and undiscovered )
The only reason Romania has the image it has, is because we never really advertised our country ... the only "adverts" we had were from foreign tabloids and news agencies writing cheap bullshit.

Here in UK Bulgaria is advertised 10 times more than Romania ( no exageration;and well done to all involved in this and to Bulgaria also). This does not mean though that Romania has 10 times less to offer, does it ?!?!?BTW I have got a colleague at work that has bought a flat in Bulgaria (Bansko) without even going there or knowing anything about Bulgaria; he showed me some drawing on a website ... Just pure investment coordinated by investment agencies or real estate agents … that is why I was telling earlier on about the property bubble ... and they promised him rental income 10 month a year bla la bla ... and there are thousands and thousands like him ...
Listen i never meant to offend you in anyway. Never said that you are Patagonia or something like that.

Talking about Mamia and the sea resorts we are far ahead of you ,and it is not an exageration. Face it. Romanian coast simply doesn't have the potential our coast has ... That is reality. Sorry.

Talking about the other type of tourism - not the seaside one i admit that you have enormous potential. My wife was recently in Brasov and she loved the places and mountains there. But i don't know why you are not developing your tourist potential.

See Bansko and Sunny Beach are the 2 biggest property investments places in Bulgaria - i mean in the last 2 years they are building at both places , new developments with ~200 000 beds. I fear about those places turning into a concrete jungle ... and you are right about your collegue in England - there are thousands like him.

But still there are a lot more positive examples.

Many golf courses are in building progress wich will atract thousnads of golf tourists to the country ... and golf tourists are good toursits

Or my home town Veliko Tarnovo - Each month we have at least 1 new hotel build there and still it is difficualt to find free rooms ... The number of english colonists or property buyers doubles each year and i still haven't seen a dissapointed tourist who visited the place and who feels sorry for his investment there ... Just one little example - since 3 months in a nearby village lives the spanish architect Eduard Rifa - who previously worked in architect buros in Milano and Barcelona - the olimpic village of barcelona 1992 was his work . So the guy is now retired and made a tour around some Europe and Balkan countries , and after visiting my home town he was so fascinating that he decided to buy a house and spent the rest of his life here ... Now he wants to build a golf course over a land of 1000 decareс ... and also atract reach people on golf tourism in Veliko Tarnovo ...

Anyway , good luck to our neighbours
Turnovec está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #30
pescarush

Likes (Received): 119

i think we shouldn t be concurential, both countries have to win if the coast would look good and very good from mamaia to golden sands, or the largest point in bulgaria. our resorts have to offer different posibilities of spending time, to find in romania what u cannot find in bulgaria and viceversa. because we are unique in our own way. bulgarians have many good hotels and beaches and golf clubs, we have formula 1 boat racing, nautic sky(we will have), telegondola, double decker busses, clubbing night life.
anyway, we are only in the begining.
pescarush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #31
pescarush

Likes (Received): 119

and i forgot, we have vama veche!
pescarush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM   #32
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnovec View Post
Listen Face it. Romanian coast simply doesn't have the potential our coast has ... That is reality. Sorry.
As I said it: overall, Bulgaria seaside (as it stands at the moment) is ahead of Romania's; no, doubt about it

However, I do not think is a matter of pottential !!! No way (Sorry!) We have got more potential than Bulgaria - just remember the Danube Delta we have combined with seaside resorts !!!!!! We just lack publicity and subsequently the investment needed ... that is all

Old April 27th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #33
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 735

Mmm doubt it, it's not just about investments, there are also some weather factors, it's also a matter of traditions, years of advertising, planning, etc.

However, I think that both countries should cooperate instead of getting involved in this blind competition we have now..
bgrs está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 11:05 AM   #34
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG_PATRIOT View Post

btw nebunul, thx for the info...I see that some of your politicians are also selyanduri(villagers) like ours.
Bunch of dickheads ...

Old April 27th, 2007, 11:23 AM   #35
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

This is where part of Romania's potential lies ... the unique Danube Delta
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danube_Delta

Old April 27th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #36
cezarsab
ROMANIA|SYRIA Forever

Likes (Received): 1

as nebunul said Romania need a little adv....the two countries have a lot to offer for there visitors...right
for me I've been to Bulgaria honestly i didn't like it that much(no offence)..the only think that i liked in Bulgaria that her mountains are very quiet unspoiled!
wish you the best Bulgaria....
Old April 27th, 2007, 02:18 PM   #37
Turnovec
-----------

Likes (Received): 5324

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrs View Post
Mmm doubt it, it's not just about investments, there are also some weather factors, it's also a matter of traditions, years of advertising, planning, etc.

However, I think that both countries should cooperate instead of getting involved in this blind competition we have now..
Yeah i think we must act in close cooperation ... Since 1st January the good sides of EU memebrship and opened borders are visible - in North bulgaria especially
Turnovec está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #38
nebunul
Basarabia e Romania

Agree 100% ... hope will discover each other's beauties in the years to come ...

Old April 27th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #39
joeyBG

Yeah, potential is a good thing guys...I have the potential to become a billionaire BUT it's just a potential...Let's talk in real terms, shall we.
Oh, did I mention Romania is my favorite neighbor...I think it's great that Bulgarians and Romanians have started to rediscover each other in the last couple of months. Bulgarians and Romanians have never been close before (although we are very similar) due to the very different language and the physical boundary (Danube) but the whole EU deal and the "border-less" travel are surely altering the region.

P.S. Let us not turn into our Western Balkan neighbors and engage into "I am better" talks...I am sure you all know what I am talking about, i.e. the "You did not have chewing gum" phenomenon.

Bulgaria and Romania -- the tigers of South East Europe.

Last edited by joeyBG; April 27th, 2007 at 06:09 PM.
joeyBG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #40
bgrs
dRusenec :)

Likes (Received): 735

Joey, chill, dude. Yes, perhaps people are right and we are a bit ahead of Romanians in terms of tourism, just like they are a bit ahead of us in terms of industry. But as I'm from a border city, I must say we didn't just discover each other, people had contacts since a long time ago...it's just that they were not so *common* like nowadays.

Anyway, what really bugs me is that nationalist attitude some people from Bulgaria and Romania have for each other. The last time I went into a Romanian IRC channel (1-2 years ago) to ask about transportation tips to Bucuresti, most of them began to insult me and told me they don't like Bulgarians. I'm often surprised by the opinion some Bulgarians have for Romania...they think that it's a gypsy and underdeveloped country, which is really very stupid, cause economically we are actually somehow behind them.

It's strange...some time ago I heard someone in Ruse share an interesting theory. It was something like "The Romanians fucked us up in the past and now they gave this city a rebirth". He was referring the chlorine industrial pollution from Giurgiu factories in the 80s that made thousands of people leave the place. And he also referred the present "invasion" of Romanians that gave the city a quick powerful economic boost. I read in a newspaper that only during the Easter holidays, Romanians brought to Ruse's economy cash influx of more than 1 mln euro!

I think we have very much in common with the Romanians. And you may find this a little bit strange, but their language is not so difficult and unrelated to ours. You see, although it's not slavic, many words are actually the same and also their Latin-based grammar is very easily understood by anyone that has taught Italian/French...or even English. For example "road" in Romanian is "drum"...sounds familiar?

I think that our relationships with Romania will prove to be very profitable for both countries, I'm sure! That EU membership is the best thing that happened to our countries, certainly!

I have some friends that live in Ruse (unfortunately I moved to Sofia), that already have Romanian friends, they go to Romania to visit them...and vice versa.

Borders suck

Last edited by bgrs; April 27th, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
bgrs está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
constanta, mamaia, romania, ro_constanta, ro_dobrogea