daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Citytalk and Urban Issues

Citytalk and Urban Issues » Guess the City

View Poll Results: blade runner or not will cities become blade runner
yes it will bcome blade runner future in 2050 2 66.67%
yes it will become blade runner future in 2100 1 33.33%
no it will never become baderunnner future 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 5th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #1
Klas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

comes judge dred or the blade runner reality

averyone knows about the movie the blade runner and the figure judge dred my quastion can that be reality in 2050 or 2100 !?

it means cities over 4ß million inh. big skyscrpers smog and a lot of more! so are this at 2050 reality yes or no pls vote here and do an statement! i come later back for my state mant !
Klas no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old January 6th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #2
Klas
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

okay here is my state ment

okay here is my statement about blade runner :whats up with cities like LA NYC or Tokyo when they claim the 30 million million mark !? Can they like cities inj the blade runner movies , i mean big skyscrapers , smog a lot of life in the streets future creators like future cars roboters and so on.. what about this
Klas no está en línea  
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:50 AM   #3
The Cebuano Exultor
Urban Fanatic

Likes (Received): 12

@ Klas

The world's population will most probably peak or stabilize around mid-century (2050) at 9.14 billion people. With that in mind, there is still plenty of potential for some cities/urban areas/metropolitan areas to become 50 million-people-monsters.

I'm very certain that cities like Shanghai, Mumbai, Lagos, and Dhaka will have populations along the range of 45-50 million people.

Since cities in the movie Blade Runner were not only overpopulated but also overbuilt with infrastructure, the only city that could probably match 2050 L.A. (of Blade Runner) as of 2050 (in the real world) is the monstrosity of Shanghai.

Hell, if China with 1.42 billion middle-income people by 2050 (supporting, what would be, the world's largest economy by far) would probably be home to four mega-behemoths namely: Beijing-Tianjin; Shanghai-Nanjing-Hangzhou-Nanjing-Ningbo-Wuxi-Suzhou; Hong Kong-Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Dongguan-Zhuhai-Macau; and the Chongqing Basin.
Old January 6th, 2007, 11:00 AM   #4
Skabbymuff
Living in the past SUCKS

Likes (Received): 5

i think so in a hundred years or so, and i feel it will be in asia this happens the most, china.
Old January 6th, 2007, 11:13 AM   #5
Mr Bricks

Likes (Received): 328

I donīt know really...cities nowadays are planned to be as pedestrian friendly, green, clean and safe as possible. Even if some cities will se enourmous growth they wonīt still be as smoggy and ugly as they were in the 70s.
Mr Bricks no está en línea  

Closed Thread