daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 12th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #81
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephasto View Post
Hi!
You remembered that! Hehe!

I went from Budapest to Italy through Austria. I took the Hungarian M1 to the Austrian border, then a bit of austrian A$ motorway and I exited to get the austrian road 50, and then I took the A2 all to way to the Italian border(near Villach).
I have many photo's of the that jouney.
Hehe, you chose the right option, I mean the fastest one. You took the Austrian A$ motorway? I know you have to pay for them, I just didn't know that in dollars! (I believe you meant A4) So you went via Eisenstadt and took S31 and S4 to get to A2; good option.
Just FYI: the Zagreb - Ljubljana motorway is now ok! Besides, in the upcoming weeks they are gonna open the motorway by the Slovenian-Hungarian border. Ok, no more off-topic, hehe.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #82
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Likes (Received): 71

Yes, that's exactly what I did. And yes, I meant A4.
They are going to open the motorway by the Slovenian-Hungarian border? I guess that would be a streatch of motorway between Maribor (or close to it) and the border, right? That's good news!
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM   #83
Verso
Islander

Yes, between Maribor and the border, but BY the border, so from the border "into" Slovenia (just 10 km though).
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:46 PM   #84
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.sercan.de View Post
yes
Turkey is green

but you have to pay for it
That looks like an excelent motorway, but what really strickes me is the size of the toll both's area. Only 4 cabins. It's the smallests trunk tool both I've ever seen.
Anyway, I guess the motorway won't have to much traffic in the first years, and then they will add more cabins if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_t View Post
In Melbourne, tollways are Orange and Blue.

Freeway signs are in Green.

Gantry version of Freeway

Information not related to directions such as merging traffic or emergency stopping lane info are in white.
What we are discussing is the colour of the signs, and that would be green for Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
EUROPE, PLEASE!!! Other continents will come later!
Easy man!
The tittle is "Blue vs. Green motorway signs". It doesn't say anything about being only about europe, although the threat started has posted an european map to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
controlled access is just financial option used in some countries. it's not necessary and it's not used in russia at all. there is no any one tollbooth in russia. petrol station is located behind of safe line. it's enough, considering moscow's necessity.
For a proper motorway, controlled access is compulsory, not an option. Not for an expressway though.

Quote:
Btw, just for information; in Italy they use both freeway signs, green and blue:

and this one too:

but freeways, designated with the green freeway sign, are better, and you can drive on them faster: 130 km/h on 'green freeways' (on some 6-lane freeways 150 km/h), whereas on 'blue freeways' the speed limit is only 110 km/h; so we can generally say 'green' for Italy, besides, there's much more 'green freeways' than the 'blue ones'.

I didn't knew about that! It's funny!

I heve to try one of those blue italian motorways!
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:52 PM   #85
Verso
Islander

^ Hehe; I believe one of them is between Florence and Siena (R0 (also RA03)); don't know for any other. But watch out, no more than 110 km/h!

Last edited by Verso; January 13th, 2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #86
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Easy man!
The tittle is "Blue vs. Green motorway signs". It doesn't say anything about being only about europe, although the threat started has posted an european map to start with.
Hehe, ok! Then let's move to Canada. Isn't green in Quebec and blue in the rest of Canada?
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #87
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

Quote:
For a proper motorway, controlled access is compulsory, not an option. Not for an expressway though.
Section 16 of Russian rules define that access and traffic rules on motorways. It's applying on roads with sign #5.3.
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #88
Verso
Islander

Coth, let's just leave the decision to chrishillcoat (the starter of the thread), if (s)he's interested in this sign:

or this:

or both of them.
Old January 12th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #89
elkram
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Isn't green in Quebec and blue in the rest of Canada?
Both colours on Québec autoroutes -- I think the blue-coloured ones stem from decades ago when there use to be toll plazas on some autoroutes here -- I see from somebody else's photo posted in this thread that a Toronto-area toll route has a blue one.
elkram no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:25 PM   #90
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

I'd just like to say...A3 RULES!

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #91
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

Quote:
Coth, let's just leave the decision to chrishillcoat (the starter of the thread), if (s)he's interested in this sign:

or this:

or both of them.
verso. second sign does not relates to defining of type of the road. it just says that this road is for cars.
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #92
kokpit
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

Blue signs look somehow rusty to me, on the contrary, green signs are very sexy
kokpit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:32 AM   #93
Verso
Islander

It's not too much to list those (European) countries that don't have motorways/freeways at all, so you don't have to bother with them, hehe: Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, Liechtenstein, I think Montenegro and Moldova (not sure), Iceland, Latvia (although they have 4-lane expressways), don't know for Georgia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Ukraine has many 4-lane expressways, but I think also a few motorways/freeways (and I think the color of signs on them is blue, but I'm not sure).
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #94
edolen1
Monkey business

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Btw, just for information; in Italy they use both freeway signs, green and blue:

and this one too:

but freeways, designated with the green freeway sign, are better, and you can drive on them faster: 130 km/h on 'green freeways' (on some 6-lane freeways 150 km/h), whereas on 'blue freeways' the speed limit is only 110 km/h; so we can generally say 'green' for Italy, besides, there's much more 'green freeways' than the 'blue ones'.
Verso, I have never seen the last car sign in Italy. As far as I know they have the blue motorway sign for the same thing we use the blue car sign.

Expressways instead of motorways, basically motorways meant for lower-volume routes, narrower, usually no emergency lane, steeper gradients, sharper turns and the speed limit is 110 kmh instead of 130 kmh (in Italy) and 100 kmh in Slovenia. They are still limited-access, though.
edolen1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:47 AM   #95
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by edolen1 View Post
Verso, I have never seen the last car sign in Italy.
Between Bormio and Tirano (it's 2-laned).
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:50 AM   #96
edolen1
Monkey business

Likes (Received): 6

Interesting. Cuz when entering Italy the speed limit for roads with that last sign aren't showed (just green motorway sign, blue motorway sign, inside and outside urban areas)..
edolen1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 01:06 AM   #97
Verso
Islander

^ Yes; I don't know what the speed limit there is, because it wasn't shown by the sign itself, but it can't be less than 90 km/h, as it's the general speed limit on roads, outside built-up areas.
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #98
Minato ku

Quote:
It's not too much to list those (European) countries that don't have motorways/freeways at all, so you don't have to bother with them, hehe: Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, Liechtenstein, I think Montenegro and Moldova (not sure), Iceland, Latvia (although they have 4-lane expressways), don't know for Georgia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan. Ukraine has many 4-lane expressways, but I think also a few motorways/freeways (and I think the color of signs on them is blue, but I'm not sure).
Monaco is served by the French motorway system
Old January 13th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #99
eomer
Bring Constantinople back

Likes (Received): 4735

Quote:
It's not too much to list those (European) countries that don't have motorways/freeways at all, so you don't have to bother with them, hehe: Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, Liechtenstein,
Monaco got 2 km (a tunnel with toll): in blue
Ukraine is green
A l'aube du cinquième jour, regardez vers l'est
eomer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #100
Verso
Islander

Quote:
I forgot Malta; it doesn't have any freeway either.