daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 31st, 2009, 06:34 PM   #341
JoeZekas

Likes (Received): 1

235 status updates

The following is per Scott Hoskins, CMK's marketing director:

- The 27th floor was turned over for occupancy this week

- 12 furnished model residences now open

- 9 new contracts in July

- Sales office is now located in the building

- Open 7 days a week – Monday thru Friday from 11 am to 6 pm, Saturday & Sunday from noon to 5 pm
JoeZekas no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2009, 07:10 PM   #342
therock473
Therock473

Likes (Received): 0

layout, and size is of course something to consider and some may say 235 wvb lacks this as its STRONG POINT...but one thing you need to note is that price point is directly correlated to size and LOCATION. .this is a very attractive price point for most urban professionals looking to stay in the downtown area. And to be perfectly honest, aside from Michigan ave and parts of state street, this corner of the loop is the liveliest in the financial district. Because of its close proximity to the sears tower many local establishments are still open even when the rest of the loop shuts down. Places like cactus bar and grill and Franklin tap to name a couple will serve nicely as a neighborhood hangouts well after the financial district shuts down.

bottom line (half man) you STILL cant buy a two bed two bath with comparable or even greater sq feet in the loop at a starting price of 300K. I would challenge you to show me this. South loop? possibly..west loop? maybe. But loop no, and river north, gold coast DEFINITELY NOT.

this building is marketed to professionals that want to be in the financial district and don't necessarily want to pay $400K Starting for a 2bd/2ba in a condo highrise. You just wont find it anywhere in our "loop" neighborhood.

if you bring up VETRO please note this is NOT THE LOOP..this is SOUTH LOOP
therock473 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2009, 02:20 AM   #343
PrintersRowBoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock473 View Post
You just wont find it anywhere in our "loop" neighborhood.
There is no doubt there is great value in the 2 BR in the building if all you want is a place to eat, sleep, use a laptop, and watch TV. But it is not underpriced in my opinion. My wife and I considered a 2 BR as we start to grow out of our condo in Printers Row. The 2 BR / 1 BA at what I remember being a little under $300K seemed like a good deal, but there was virtually NO storage space. Even with balcony, it was less than 800 SF (our studio is almost that big and cost half as much). It was something in the neighborhood of $370/SF, which did not seem like a great deal. The 2nd BR left more to be desired for. The kitchen was a wall (with optional island). There was no space to put a kitchen table and the living room was just big enough for standard TV, couch, and coffee table. We couldnt even find a place to set up a desk and computer (maybe next to the TV?).

This building is ideal for young professionals who have the few items they have left from college or "in-towns" and that is about it. Not much for the kitchen (very little counter space, minimal cabinets), small closets, and very little storage outside of the kitchen and bedroom. The building does not come with the bells and whistles you get with a lot of the new buildings. I suppose it is exactly what some people are looking for (low assessments, cheap mortgage, simple design without the bells and whistles). But it doesn't feel like a "home" and it would seem residents would "grow out" of them very fast (making me believe it will be mostly renters).
PrintersRowBoiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2009, 06:35 AM   #344
Chiman

Not to mention 22 units per floor! There is a market for cheap housing and CMK is providing it. Not everyone can afford high end housing. The problem to me with this is that it was marketed to investors. Very low end to keep the price down. 5% down preconstruction pricing. Selling to flippers/landlords is OK, but ultimately this won't be a nice place to live unless units end up in the hands of owners. Not sure this will happen any time soon.

That being said, I'm impressed with the pictures of the models. I love the design of the building. The location is OK for the target market. I hope it works out.
Chiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 06:23 PM   #345
chief56

Likes (Received): 3

Any new pictures? All the facade should be done. Any pictures from inside?
chief56 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #346
v5000

Hello all,
I am considering buying 2 bed/1 bath at 235. I intend to live in the unit and am a first time home buyer. I do not have an agent or lawyer, I know some but haven't reached out to them yet. My question is how does pricing work when buying at 235? Is it a fixed price schedule per unit/amenity? Is there any price negiation? Should I even approach them without an agent?

Thanks for any feedback.
v5000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:47 AM   #347
In the Loop

v5000 -

1. If you are considering using an agent, you should involve them before heading over to the sales center.

Developers offer buyer's agents commission only if they are the procuring cause (the person who brought about your purchase). By visiting the sales center without them, the developer can refuse to pay them a commission which will make it a challenge for you to find an agent who will work for free.

2. Starting Without an Agent

You may be able to visit the sales office without your agent as long as you make it clear that you have agent representation when speaking with the sales team. Remember that they are there as employees of the developer so keep your disclosures to a minimum.
*If you are planning to work with an agent, I would avoid this situation. The reason you work with an agent is to protect your best interests - its hard to do if they aren't there.

3. The Pricing

Pricing varies by floorplan and increases with upgrades and floor level. Most of the units already have the upgrades completed because of construction time frame. There is almost always some room for negotiation. If you want to gauge possibilities you can look at Chicago Tribune Public Record to look at recent unit sales in the building, consider the remaining number of units with the same floorplan, and the amount of upgrades.

Disclosure: I am a licensed Real Estate Broker and have worked with CMK in the past but have no direct affiliation.
In the Loop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:21 PM   #348
Mr Downtown
Urbane observer

Likes (Received): 10

Does anyone else look at the balconies and see T V D M T R D I . . .?
About August 12th:

[IMG]http://i32.************/24nmiyg.jpg[/IMG]
Mr Downtown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #349
simulcra
Cynical post-collegiate

hate the podium, but otherwise i like how it's turned out.
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #350
netgeek77

I used to despise this building. But the darker facade really makes it work.
netgeek77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:27 AM   #351
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

As a hater of parking podiums, I think this podium is the sexiest thing ever.

Somehow, this building just makes it happen
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #352
In the Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgeek77 View Post
I used to despise this building. But the darker facade really makes it work.
Agreed. The deep gray looks phenom.
In the Loop no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2009, 06:41 AM   #353
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

235 stands out in this photo

Karl Agre, M.D./ flickr
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2009, 03:26 PM   #354
jpIllInoIs

Likes (Received): 48

^Stands out like a pawn protecting a King.... in a good way.
jpIllInoIs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 03:02 AM   #355
cbotnyse
Chicago Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 26

cbotnyse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #356
Chicagophotoshop
Chicago Photographer

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpIllInoIs View Post
^Stands out like a pawn protecting a King.... in a good way.
comment of the day
Old September 4th, 2009, 06:48 AM   #357
wrabbit

Likes (Received): 5

9/2

image hosted on flickr
wrabbit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #358
simulcra
Cynical post-collegiate

awesome balcony shot!
Old September 5th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #359
wrabbit

Likes (Received): 5

^ Thanks, simulcra. Two more from 9/2:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
wrabbit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #360
jcmty

coming after promissary note

Hi...i put $ down on a unit, but lost money on stocks and couldnt afford to close on the unit...I lost the 5% I put down, but wonder if they will come after the promissary note (15%)...does anyone have experience on how that works? hopefully CMK will have mercy and let us off the hook...
jcmty no está en línea   Reply With Quote