daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments

General Urban Developments Discussions of projects shorter than 100m/300ft. Also, please post all other threads not specified in other Development News subforums here.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM   #81
nazrey

Likes (Received): 2210

image hosted on flickr
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 4th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #82
nazrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
From flickr

image hosted on flickr
From flickr

image hosted on flickr
image hosted on flickr
Old November 12th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #83
nazrey

From flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #84
nazrey

From flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old January 19th, 2010, 08:37 AM   #85
nazrey

E&O piles on the luxury for Quayside condo project
By Marina Emmanuel Published: 2010/01/19

The luxury condominium project in Penang will boast the region's first private waterpark within a gated community.

AN INTERNATIONAL marina, premium water-taxi service, upscale food and retail outlets and commanding views of the Andaman Sea are among the attractions property developer E&O Property Development Bhd will offer potential buyers at its RM1.8 billion Quayside Seafront Resort Condominum development in Penang next month.

The company's general manager (sales and marketing) Lim Hooi Yen yesterday said the luxury condominium project - which is part of E&O's Seri Tanjung Pinang waterfront development - will also boast the region's first private waterpark within a gated community.

"Apart from marketing the project to well-travelled and well-heeled locals, we will also promote the units in markets like Singapore, Hong Kong, Medan, Jakarta, Surabaya, China, Australia, Japan and Korea," she told a media briefing at the project site in Penang.

The Quayside condominiums, which comprise seven blocks of seafront units, will be sprawled on a 8.4ha site, with 1.8ha of land dedicated to a signature waterpark and clubhouse.
Lim said the proposed project is expected to be completed in about seven to 10 years and about 60 per cent of the total 1,200 Quayside condominium units are expected to be sold to Malaysians.

On the Straits Quay retail marina, which is adjoining the Quayside Condominiums, Lim said the 4.96ha retail enclave will offer everything from boutiques to bistros, seaside cafes, bars and boat rides.

"Just like in Venice, Italy, we hope to introduce the E&O limo which will be a water limousine service," she added, saying that the com-pany has already identified a watercraft that is needed for the water-taxi service.

"We also plan to engage the fishermen in the area to work with us, by having local fishing boats bringing in the island's fresh catch of the day twice daily to a fishermen's pontoon which we plan to build."

Straits Quay and the marina are expected to open by the end of this year, she added.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM   #86
nazrey

UPDATE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubundu View Post

Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:22 PM   #87
nazrey

Quayside Seafront Resort Condominium to be launched next month
By Regina William of The Edge Financial Daily
Monday, 18 January 2010 18:25

GEORGE TOWN: E & O Property Development Bhd's Quayside Seafront Resort Condominium (pictured) project is on course to be launched next month. The 1,200-unit project with a gross development value of RM1.8 billion is located within the Seri Tanjung Pinang development and touted to be on par with the world’s elite waterfront communities like Australia's Sovereign Islands and Sentosa Cove in Singapore.

Quayside will be located on 21 acres of prime seafront land and is said to be the first in the region to create a sprawling 4.5-acre waterfront park exclusively for residents. The development consists of seven blocks of condominiums, five of which are high-rise with 26 storeys and 298 units per block, while two are low-rise with 7-storey blocks of 51 units each.

During a media familiarisation trip of the Quayside project, E & O Property Development’s general manager for sales and marketing Lim Hooi Yen said the project was expected to attract significant foreign interest. Up to 40% of the purchasers would most probably be foreign, Lim said.

Up to 60% of the units are seafacing, offering a 270 degree view of the Andaman Sea, Gurney Drive and the Batu Ferringhi beaches, while the rest will have hill and garden views.

Buyers can choose from seven design types and sizes, and prices range from RM765,000 for a 1-bedroom unit sized at 1,137 sq ft to the RM4.3 million penthouse unit with an area of 7,159 sq ft and its own private swimming pool.

Units come complete with kitchen cabinets, electrical fittings and air-conditioning. Unlike other condominium units, these offer two entrance points into each unit.

There is also an additional 6.9 acres of tropical gardens and green lung within the development for those who are keen on the clean and green living concept. For security, the gated community is equipped with CCTVs

The first 26-storey block to be launched next month would be completed in 2013 while the entire project is expected to be completed in seven to 10 years.

Lim said the selling point of Quayside Seafront Resort Condominium, besides the signature waterpark and clubhouse, is its proximity to Straits Quay -- a 12.4-acre retail enclave with serviced suites and a marina to boot.
Straits Quay, which would be open to the public, is scheduled to be ready by year-end and boasts of amenities like 1,087 parking bays, marina with 78 berths, wheelchair accessibility, alfresco dining, boutiques, bistros, restaurants, art galleries, antique shops and also facilities for year-round performances and concerts.

Other attractions planned are boat rides for the public, water limousines for guests staying at the E & O Hotel and fishermen landing their catch on the shores of Straits Quay.

The retail outlets would be leased and managed by E & O Property Development to ensure the desired clientele are maintained.

As with other properties developed by E & O at Seri Tanjung Pinang, Lim expects the Quayside units to be snapped up as they are launched.

"In 2007, when we launched the Straits Quay serviced suites, they were sold within two weeks, while the 33 units of seafront terraces launched last June starting from RM1 million were taken up within three hours.

"This confirms that Seri Tanjung Pinang is a desirable address for residence among foreigners and also locals alike.

"Within our development, including the earlier phases of terraced houses and the serviced suites, we have buyers from over 12 countries," she said, adding that the Quayside project was also targetting buyers from Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, the UK, Australia, Japan and South Korea.

Promotions have also been held at boatshows overseas to attract the boating community due to the condominium project's proximity to the marina.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:02 PM   #88
nazrey

Quayside Seafront Resort Condominium

image hosted on flickr
Old February 10th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #89
tohff7

Likes (Received): 0

image hosted on flickr
tohff7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #90
tennisguy

I was very impressed by the Quayside after visiting an overseas E&O show room. Unfortunately the newly launched block 1E cost about RM200 psf more than the previously launched block. Maybe the increase can be justified for selected units because it has a better view all round, i.e. Marina view, water park view, Georgetown view, morning sun, in addition to the ocean view.

Does anybody know what is the take up rate for block 1E so far?

Are there many re-sale (sub sale) of the earlier launched block 1D presently. If yes, are they being advertised lower than original developer's launch price? (horrors if it is yes!!!)

Care to comment how's the rental potential for such a unit?
tennisguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #91
golfmywife

Hi, tennisguy,

I went to the onsite showroom in April. An E&O agent took me to the construction site of the Straits Quay. I was so impressed with the quality that I booked a unit in Block 1E after returning to the showroom.

I am not sure about the take-up rate for Block 1E; my guesstimate is about 25-30%. (Please correct me if anyone has the information.)

I don't think there is any sub-sale or re-sale yet, because the deal offered by E&O is that, after paying the 10% down payment, E&O will meet the interest payment of the 90% during the construction over the next 3 years. In the way, buyers are given 3 years to capture the capital gains (if any). So, I suppose there will be units up on the market for re-sale after that.

On rental potential, most terrace houses are currently asking for 3.5-6K. Say, if those terrace houses can be rented out for 4.5K, I believe the larger Quayside units (2500 sq.ft.) could probably fetch about 5.5-6K, given the views and the facilities. So, given the current price differences between the terrace houses and condos, I think the terrace houses are probably a better buy if you are looking for rental yields.

I think there are still units available in Block 1D, including some with a seaview. The prices are kept unchanged, although the discount has been reduced. Nonetheless, compared with those in Block 1E, the prices are at least 10% lower. So, I think the remaining units in Block 1D are a better buy, if you are considering the Quayside condos. You may ask, why I bought a unit in Block 1E instead. Actually, I had a struggle with the choice in my mind. I went for the Block 1E at the end because of the views (Anderman on one side and Gourney on the other).
golfmywife no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #92
Ushiro
Noblesse oblige.

Likes (Received): 65

Ushiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #93
tennisguy

Hi Golfmywife,

It has been over 2 months since I visited the sales office, glad to say that I have eventually bought a unit in block 1E. In the end I opted for the stack with the best view and facing (in my opinion) of all the units in Quayside but had to pay for such a premium. My unit faces the beautiful turquoise coloured Andaman sea to the north and City view/Gurney drive/Marina/waterpark to the southeast. There isn't any left in block 1D that could offer such an amazing view from both sides.

From your description, it looks like we both bought the same stack in 1E?
tennisguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #94
nazrey

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/watg/5283989106/
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/watg/5283988954/
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:34 AM   #95
love laguna
Laguna

I just placed booking fees for two units in block 1E, sea facing
but now I am not too sure shall I go ahead with the purchase ???
love laguna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #96
Sky_Is_The_Limit

Likes (Received): 1426

So fake looking, I hate it. Penang deserves better!

PS I can see my relative's building in this pic!

Last updated 13/12/14
Sky_Is_The_Limit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #97
nazrey

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benjamin1019/4891669582/
Old February 13th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #98
nazrey

image hosted on flickr