daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Kochi



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 9th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #4901
KMC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,294
Likes (Received): 794

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
Kochi felt a bit left out after the budget session finished on Friday.

The finance minister sanctioned Rs 25 crore for the Metro Rail Project, Rs 10 crore for Smart City and Rs 2 crore for Sabari State Highway as part of infrastructure development in the state’s financial capital but the citizens and elected representatives felt, the city did not get its due.

“As a district doling out the maximum revenue to the central and state governments, Kochi has not received its share. Despite all 14 MLAs signing a charter of demands and presenting it to the finance minister earlier, the budget has nothing concrete for the city as given to Kottayam and Pala,” MLA Hibi Eden told Deccan Chronicle.

Apart from the Metro project, the budget considered the Ernakulam- Sabari highway to connect the industrial hub with the famous pilgrimage centre.

“How much work can be completed with Rs.2 crore? The minister just included it in the list as a part of budget. Considering that pilgrims from nearby states like Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, steps should have been taken to finish its construction on a war-footing,” said M T Varghese, Secretary, Ernakulam District Residents Associations Apex Council.

Meanwhile, the budget also promises to make the proposed seaport-airport road four-lane. The finance minister announced Rs.5 crore for preliminary works and Rs 42 crore will be made available from NABARD for building two bridges.

It also talks about renovation of Thevara-Perandur, Mullassery, Market, Edapalli, Trippunithura canals. On the transportation sector, he said out of 138 new low-floor buses to be bought this year, Ernakulam will get almost half the share.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/chann...e%E2%80%99-676

Its disturbing to see this trend , Commercial capital getting left out of budget . No new roads , no mention of flyovers , nothing much on infrastructure when city is suffocating .
what are our MLA's doing.
KMC está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old July 9th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #4902
DileepKS
Armchair Activist
 
DileepKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Original Capital of Kerala
Posts: 4,227
Likes (Received): 2180

നമുക്കു കടമകള്* മാത്രമേ ഉള്ളൂ മാഷേ, അവകാശങ്ങളില്ല
(We only have responsibilities, sir, not rights)
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:35 PM   #4903
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,520
Likes (Received): 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
Its disturbing to see this trend , Commercial capital getting left out of budget . No new roads , no mention of flyovers , nothing much on infrastructure when city is suffocating .
what are our MLA's doing.
Yes!!! I think, no city's public is happy, except Kottayam or Malappuram. But one thing is sure, this govt is doing lots of things, whether its out of budget or other means.... Numerous of plans are there in Kochi, which I think we don't need to worry much......

Lets wait and see
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #4904
pradeep_ktym
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Likes (Received): 0

[QUOTE=SurajSharma;81110492]Well Mani is hardly a Sakthan he is a dyed hair old dinosaur and this budget is a reflection of his frustration at being sidelined..This is an insult at the Congress party and the hapless oomen chandy..And sadly Kochi's development is getting torpedoed due to politics like it did during the LDF rule..The Kochi MLA's were at least Vocal in their protests and I hope in the coming days they can bring their pressure to bear..

And I am sorry but I am sure the average Kochite would prefer basis amenities in their city and surroundings before thinking about Satellites and all thank you very much..Five years of Issac's patronage did not make Alleppey or Cherthala a satellite of Kochi and I am sure Mani will not be able to do any better ..It is sad that the fate of Kochi is getting screwed again by sectarian communalist's like Mani..

[/QUO
Dear Suraj that is a really prejudiced view of Mani,because even if what you said is true it is true of countless others in politics especially on the communist side..most of them claim to be above communalism,casteism etc,when in fact they play communalism at the worst level,depending on the community to which they belong....who is not a communalist these days..everyone is or should be seen favoring one's community..otherwise he wouldn't exist in politics
pradeep_ktym no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #4905
pradeep_ktym
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Likes (Received): 0

[QUOTE=mohammedirshad06;81133612]Yes!!! I think, no city's public is happy, except Kottayam or Malappuram. But one thing is sure, this govt is doing lots of things, whether its out of budget or other means.... Numerous of plans are there in Kochi, which I think we don't need to worry much..


Are kottayam and mallappuram not in kerala?....these places were completely ignored by the previous LDF governement due to its Udf lineage...why didn't anybody complain then?..
pradeep_ktym no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #4906
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,520
Likes (Received): 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_ktym View Post
Are kottayam and mallappuram not in kerala?....these places were completely ignored by the previous LDF governement due to its Udf lineage...why didn't anybody complain then?..
I am not saying developments is wrong..... I believe, in a way, its more a blessing than curse, as it will decongest Kochi's dependence on Thrissur, if Kottayam is developed on similar lines

But in Kerala, we never used to too much one side development..... So suddenly when we hear no major projects in other cities, while Kottayam or Malappuram getting more, gives a rude shock!!!

I also agree that in past Kottayam was terribly ignored. Its high time, it should get its due recognition, but not at cost of other projects
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:56 PM   #4907
pradeep_ktym
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
Yes!!! I think, no city's public is happy, except Kottayam or Malappuram. But one thing is sure, this govt is doing lots of things, whether its out of budget or other means.... Numerous of plans are there in Kochi, which I think we don't need to worry much......

Lets wait and see
Dear mohammed,Kochi will grow whether the Govt wants it to or not and that too at a beautiful pace.the only thing govt needs to do is facilitate,clear up bottlenecks and stay out of the way..But kottayam and malappuram,there are other places too like palakkad,kasaragod which definitely need a stimulus for growth or else there won't be much to say off. And ithese places have been totally ignored by the previous Ldf govt,so actually backward by more than five years already.they need these projects like a baby needs his breastmilk
pradeep_ktym no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #4908
sakrishna
ACCOUNT CLOSED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurajSharma View Post
Well Mani is hardly a Sakthan he is a dyed hair old dinosaur and this budget is a reflection of his frustration at being sidelined..This is an insult at the Congress party and the hapless oomen chandy..And sadly Kochi's development is getting torpedoed due to politics like it did during the LDF rule..The Kochi MLA's were at least Vocal in their protests and I hope in the coming days they can bring their pressure to bear..

And I am sorry but I am sure the average Kochite would prefer basis amenities in their city and surroundings before thinking about Satellites and all thank you very much..Five years of Issac's patronage did not make Alleppey or Cherthala a satellite of Kochi and I am sure Mani will not be able to do any better ..It is sad that the fate of Kochi is getting screwed again by sectarian communalist's like Mani..
Your allegations are baseless.

From political point of view, Ernakulam district did not get much consideration in this budget, inspite of UDF having a strong representation, I agree. But that does not mean there are reasons to worry. Kochi/Ekm, being one of the top three districts will always get attention. Various roads are being developed as part of the Metro Railway.

It is not in budget alone fund is allocated right? Whether nothing much is mentioned in this budget or not, this Govt. is doing a lot for Kochi unlike the previous Govt.,right?

projects like Metro is a sure thing. It'll get fund from centre as well.

Kochi/Ekm will always be in the limelight, as I said, because it is one among the 3 top cities/districts in Kerala.

Also, in last 5 -20 years, atleast some projects, including major road developments have come up/got nod/work going on, in almost all districts (ofcourse, not petty projects like what Kottayam used to get), either as a state Govt. project or from central assistance.

Moreover, if not now, Kottayam is never going to get attention from any of the future governments, - especially projects like Mobility hub, meencahil river valley project. No one is sure about how long this Govt. will be in power. So, important projects of Kottayam can't be kept aside for the last budget.

It is because, if LDF is gonna come, it is a sure thing that they'll sabotage all the projects of Kottayam. This is true from past experience.

And who will fight for our needs? Who'll raise voice for us?

Last edited by sakrishna; July 9th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #4909
DileepKS
Armchair Activist
 
DileepKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Original Capital of Kerala
Posts: 4,227
Likes (Received): 2180

I agree sakrishna. Still, it is human nature to always want MORE
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #4910
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,520
Likes (Received): 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakrishna View Post
Your allegations are baseless.

From political point of view, Ernakulam district did not get much consideration in this budget, inspite of UDF having a strong representation, I agree. But that does not mean there are reasons to worry. Kochi/Ekm, being one of the top three districts will always get attention. Various roads are being developed as part of the Metro Railway.

It is not in budget alone fund is allocated right? Whether nothing much is mentioned in this budget or not, this Govt. is doing a lot for Kochi unlike the previous Govt.,right?

projects like Metro is a sure thing. It'll get fund from centre as well.

Kochi/Ekm will always be in the limelight, as I said, because it is one among the 3 top cities/districts in Kerala.

Also, in last 5 -20 years, atleast some projects, including major road developments have come up/got nod/work going on, in almost all districts (ofcourse, not petty projects like what Kottayam used to get), either as a state Govt. project or from central assistance.

Moreover, if not now, Kottayam is never going to get attention from any of the future governments, - especially projects like Mobility hub, meencahil river valley project. No one is sure about how long this Govt. will be in power. So, important projects of Kottayam can't be kept aside for the last budget.

It is because, if LDF is gonna come, it is a sure thing that they'll sabotage all the projects of Kottayam. This is true from past experience.

And who will fight for our needs? Who'll raise voice for us?
I think after this budget, 2 people were feel tried in making replies. One is ofcourse K.M Mani and next is our Sai Krishan..... Kidding yaar

Sai, true... What you said is absolutely true.... Kottayam's gain is no-body's loss.... Perhaps in budget if you declare something, its not the only way to gain things.... If Thomas Issac declares 40,000 crores for Kochi-Trivandrum-Kozhikode-Kannur-Kollam-Thrissur road improvement project from a non-existent imaginary bank, it may bring a momentary cheers to those who hears... But not who seriously look into.

Perhaps, media, politicians and of-course public of each district was expecting a heap of things, especially Kochi public, based on the impression of UDF acts since coming to power. So when much of not seen in budget, it became a reason for criticize.... Perhaps if you look, no major industries, industrial groups, business community, international groups criticized it... Rather welcomed it.... So surely it means business has lot of scope of growth under this govt.... And for Kochi, it was no government bureaucrats or NGOs which developed the city like today... Its mainly business lobbies who play both good and bad for the city.

So if business groups hails this budget, Kochi has lot to cheer indirectly.....
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED

Last edited by mohammedirshad06; July 9th, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #4911
SurajSharma
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 36
Likes (Received): 0

I agree that I over reacted just felt so pissed of seeing the budget.. People of Ernakulam gave the UDF its biggest victory after Malapuram and this is what we get . ..And seriously in the Kochi forum the importance is for infrastructure here and not speculations about how growth in other parts affects us..

And when you have a budget in which the revenue comes from the rest of the state but the development expenditure is mostly in the Finance minister's district then it is not about correcting an imbalance it is an injustice and people who have any moral fiber should take a stand..

My apologies for bringing political matters to the project page..I do not want to discuss it any further and mess up the projects page..
SurajSharma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #4912
sakrishna
ACCOUNT CLOSED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurajSharma View Post
I agree that I over reacted just felt so pissed of seeing the budget.. People of Ernakulam gave the UDF its biggest victory after Malapuram and this is what we get . ..And seriously in the Kochi forum the importance is for infrastructure here and not speculations about how growth in other parts affects us..

And when you have a budget in which the revenue comes from the rest of the state but the development expenditure is mostly in the Finance minister's district then it is not about correcting an imbalance it is an injustice and people who have any moral fiber should take a stand..

My apologies for bringing political matters to the project page..I do not want to discuss it any further and mess up the projects page..
Let me tell you one thing. You are saying the Ernakulam district generates major chunk of state revenue, Agreed. But that does not mean Kottayam is not generating any. And we have not got anything for what we have been giving to the state, in the last 20 years.

When same place is given more and more attention, naturally the income generated from that place will become more. That gap is widening.

Let such projects come up, everywhere, so that those places too generate revenue.

Only if you sow something, you'll be able to reap, right?
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #4913
sakrishna
ACCOUNT CLOSED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,339

Well, I don't have anything against Kochi or any other place in Kerala.
Obviously, Kochi should get what it deserves, being one of the top 3 cities. Similarly, Tvm and Calicut. I've said this before too.

And I am happy to see projects in Kochi like Metro gaining pace. Don't misunderstand me please.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #4914
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,520
Likes (Received): 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakrishna View Post
Well, I don't have anything against Kochi or any other place in Kerala.

And I am happy to see projects in Kochi like Metro gaining pace. Don't misunderstand me please.
We understand Sai.... You don't need to appeal here, because we donot attack others, just because someone has some point to say.....You are one of the most unbiased member here and you have every good reason to support your cause, which we don't question.... So don't feel bad dear
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #4915
sakrishna
ACCOUNT CLOSED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,339

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
We understand Sai.... You don't need to appeal here, because we donot attack others, just because someone has some point to say.....You are one of the most unbiased member here and you have every good reason to support your cause, which we don't question.... So don't feel bad dear
Thank you bro for understanding me.
sakrishna no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #4916
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,520
Likes (Received): 2746

Skywalk project draft plan ready

Quote:
കാക്കനാട്: വൈറ്റില ജംഗ്ഷനില്* കാല്*നടയാത്രക്കാര്*ക്കായി നിര്*മിക്കുന്ന നിര്*ദിഷ്ട വൈറ്റില സെ്*കെവാക്ക് പദ്ധതിയുടെ രൂപരേഖ തയ്യാറായി. ചെന്നൈയിലുള്ള ഗ്രൂപ്പാണ് പദ്ധതിക്കുവേണ്ടിയുള്ള രൂപരേഖ രണ്ടാഴ്ചകൊണ്ട് പൂര്*ത്തീകരിച്ച് നല്*കിയിരിക്കുന്നത്. തിങ്കളാഴ്ച തന്നെ പദ്ധതിയുടെ രൂപരേഖ കേരള റോഡ് ഫണ്ട് ബോര്*ഡിന് കൈമാറുമെന്നും ജില്ലാ കളക്ടര്* പി.ഐ.ഷെയ്ക്പരീത് പറഞ്ഞു. പദ്ധതിക്ക് വേണ്ടിയുള്ള രൂപരേഖ റോഡ് ഫണ്ട് ബോര്*ഡ് അംഗീകരിച്ചാല്* ഉടനടി തന്നെ നിര്*മാണം ആരംഭിക്കുമെന്നും അദ്ദേഹം പറഞ്ഞു. രണ്ടാഴ്ചമുന്*പാണ് പദ്ധതിക്കുവേണ്ടിയുള്ള സര്*വേ പൂര്*ത്തീകരിച്ച് നല്*കിയത്.

വൈറ്റില ജംഗ്ഷനില്* നാല്*നടക്കാര്*ക്ക് റോഡ്മുറിച്ചുകടക്കുന്നതിനുള്ള ബുദ്ധിമുട്ട് മനസ്സിലാക്കിയാണ് കളക്ടര്* പദ്ധതിക്ക് രൂപം നല്*കിയത്. ആറ്മാസത്തിനുള്ളില്* നിര്*മാണം പൂര്*ത്തീകരിക്കും. പദ്ധതിക്കുവേണ്ടിയുള്ള സര്*വേ നടത്തി രൂപരേഖ സമര്*പ്പിക്കാന്* സംസ്ഥാന റോഡ് സുരക്ഷാസമിതി കളക്ടര്*ക്ക് നിര്*ദേശം നല്*കിയതിന്റെ അടിസ്ഥാനത്തിലാണ് രൂപരേഖ സമര്*പ്പിക്കുന്നത്. സെ്*കെവാക്ക് പൂര്*ണമായും സ്റ്റീല്*ഫ്രെയിമിലാണ് നിര്*മിക്കുന്നത്. പത്ത് മീറ്റര്* വീതിയിലും അമ്പത് മീറ്റര്* നീളത്തിലുമാണ് സെ്*കെവാക്ക് പദ്ധതി വിഭാവനം ചെയ്തിരിക്കുന്നത്. മൂന്നരക്കോടി രൂപയാണ് ചെലവ് കണക്കാക്കുന്നത്.

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/ernakulam...%E0%B5%8D.html
Coming soon- Skywalk in Vytilla Junction

The Ernakulam Collector announced the draft plan for Vytilla Skywalk project. The plan was prepared by a leading Chennai based project consultants, which will be submitted to Kerala Road Fund Board for sanctioning of funds. Two weeks back, survey for alignment was completed.

The project was designed to help pedestrians crossing Kerala's largest junction- Vytilla Junction. Once approved, the project will be completed in 6 months time. The Skywalk will have 10 meters long, 50 meters width, is planned to cost at Rs 3.5 crores.
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #4917
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,520
Likes (Received): 2746

GKSF now Kochi's own festival

Quote:
ഗ്രാന്*റ് കേരള ഷോപ്പിങ് ഫെസ്റ്റിവലിന്റെ കേന്ദ്രസ്ഥാനം ഈവര്*ഷംമുതല്* കൊച്ചിയായിരിക്കുമെന്ന് ടൂറിസം മന്ത്രി എ.പി. അനില്*കുമാര്* പ്രഖ്യാപിച്ചു. ഷോപ്പിങ് ഫെസ്റ്റിവലിനെ കൂടുതല്* ആകര്*ഷകമാക്കി വിനോദസഞ്ചാരികളുടെ എണ്ണത്തില്* വര്*ധനയുണ്ടാക്കുന്നതിനാണ് കൊച്ചിയെ കേന്ദ്രസ്ഥാനമാക്കി മാറ്റുന്നതെന്നും മന്ത്രി പറഞ്ഞു. ഹോംസ്റ്റേ സര്*വീസ്ഡ് വില്ല സംരംഭകരുടെ സംഘടനയായ കേരള ഹോം സ്റ്റേ ആന്*ഡ് ടൂറിസം സൊസൈറ്റിയുടെ മൂന്നാം വാര്*ഷിക സമ്മേളനവും ഏകദിന ശില്പശാലയും ഉദ്ഘാടനംചെയ്യുകയായിരുന്നു അദ്ദേഹം.

വിനോദസഞ്ചാര മേഖലയുമായി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട് പ്രവര്*ത്തിക്കുന്നവരെ സഹായിക്കുന്നതരത്തില്* ഒരു ടൂറിസം നയം നൂറുദിന കര്*മ്മപദ്ധതിയില്*പ്പെടുത്തി പ്രഖ്യാപിക്കുമെന്നും മന്ത്രി പറഞ്ഞു. കേരളത്തിലെ ടൂറിസം സാധ്യതകള്* മുഴുവന്* സഞ്ചാരികള്*ക്ക് തുറന്നുകൊടുക്കാന്* കഴിയില്ല. കേരളത്തിന്റെ തനതായ പൈതൃകമുണ്ട്. അത് നിലനിര്*ത്തണം-അദ്ദേഹം കൂട്ടിച്ചേര്*ത്തു.

കേന്ദ്രമന്ത്രി കെ.വി. തോമസ് ചടങ്ങില്* അധ്യക്ഷനായിരുന്നു. വിനോദസഞ്ചാരമേഖലയെ ഹര്*ത്താലുകളില്*നിന്നും പണിമുടക്കുകളില്*നിന്നും ഒഴിവാക്കുവാനുള്ള നടപടിയുണ്ടാവണമെന്ന് അദ്ദേഹം പറഞ്ഞു. ഇതിനുവേണ്ടി ഈ മേഖലയിലുള്ളവരെയും രാഷ്ട്രീയപാര്*ട്ടി പ്രതിനിധികളെയും പങ്കെടുപ്പിച്ച് യോഗം വിളിച്ചുചേര്*ക്കാന്* സംസ്ഥാന സര്*ക്കാര്* മുന്*കൈ എടുക്കണമെന്ന് അദ്ദേഹം നിര്*ദേശിച്ചു. മികച്ച ഹോംസ്റ്റേകള്*ക്കുള്ള അവാര്*ഡ് ചടങ്ങില്* മന്ത്രി അനില്*കുമാര്* വിതരണംചെയ്തു. എംഎല്*എമാരായ ഡൊമിനിക് പ്രസന്*േറഷന്*, ഹൈബി ഈഡന്*, ബെന്നി ബഹനാന്*, ലൂഡി ലൂയിസ്, കെടിഡിസി മാനേജിങ് ഡയറക്ടര്* മോഹന്*ലാല്*, ഇ.എം. നജീബ് എന്നിവര്* സംസാരിച്ചു.

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/business/...ry-199086.html
GRAND KERALA SHOPPING FESTIVAL-2011 will be centered around Kochi.

Unlike previous 3 editions, which was distributed among all districts, from this year onwards Grand Kerala Shopping Festival, Kerala's biggest shopping and retail sale extravanga would be centered around Kochi. This was announced by tourism Minister- A.P Anil Kumar.

The intention is to create a huge tourist/shoppers inflow into Kochi, making the festival on models of Dubai Shopping Festival. The plan is to make more themes and offer better shopping experience for tourists and increasing revenues from commercial avenues....

__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 03:26 PM   #4918
DileepKS
Armchair Activist
 
DileepKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Original Capital of Kerala
Posts: 4,227
Likes (Received): 2180

Natural choice. Most of the shopping of GKSF happened at Kochi, so it makes good sense.
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #4919
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite
 
Malayaali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kochi/Cochin
Posts: 12,334
Likes (Received): 2511

New car showroom opened

2nd outlet of Toyota opened in Kochi
3.85 lakh sq. ft!! i wonder, whether a bigger car outlet is there in India!!
Quote:
Nippon Towers, the new outlet of Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd., India, was opened at Kalamasserry on Saturday. The new dealership will offer service, sales, spares and financing facilities.

The 3,85,000-sq.ft. building of the dealer-partner will offer fully integrated service to customers' automotive requirements, including sale of pre-owned cars and accessories, said a statement.

Inaugurating the facility, the ninth by the Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd. in the State, Union Minister of Civil Aviation Vayalar Ravi said that it marked the growth of Kochi into a futuristic city as envisioned by the business fraternity.

Speaking on the occasion, Hiroshi Nakagawa, managing director, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd (TKM), said that it was a very important period of growth and expansion for Toyota in India, with the company entering into the mass volume segment with the Etios Liva.

The company plans to expand the dealer network to 175 from the present 161 by the end of 2011.

TKM registered a sale of 12, 034 units in June 2011, up by 94 percent compared to the same period last year.

Finance Minister K.M. Mani, Public Works Minister V.K Ibrahim Kunju, Excise Minister K. Babu, Executive Vice-President of the Toyota Motor Asia Pacific Toshiro Hidaka and Dealer Principle of Nippon Toyota Mohammad Babu Moopen spoke.

The Hindu
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2011, 09:51 PM   #4920
Malayaali
Registered Kochiite
 
Malayaali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kochi/Cochin
Posts: 12,334
Likes (Received): 2511

City Centre, Jos Jn, MG Road


cc: KP Varkey & VS Builders
Malayaali no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
kochi projects

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu