daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > India > South > Kochi



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM   #5061
bijuarr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MUZIRIS - The Ancient Metropolis
Posts: 785
Likes (Received): 261

Why Census Authority not allow to cross district boundaries for UAs in Kerala? Its funny as Aroor not in Kochi UA (Hard to Believe). The same in the case of Kodungallur. These because both places in other districts? Or any other reason?
bijuarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:12 AM   #5062
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,198
Likes (Received): 2599

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuarr View Post
Why Census Authority not allow to cross district boundaries for UAs in Kerala? Its funny as Aroor not in Kochi UA (Hard to Believe). The same in the case of Kodungallur. These because both places in other districts? Or any other reason?
Aroor anyway is part of Kochi itself, as it depends purely on Kochi. Just like Noida is with UP, whereas its essentially the nerve center of Delhi.

But I doubt abt Kodungallor. The city is not dependent on Kochi directly nor part of Kochi's developmental plans. Perhaps to some extend N.Paravur is part of the Metropolitan suburbs. But I don't like so Kodungallor can be measured with same yardstick.
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:14 AM   #5063
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,198
Likes (Received): 2599

Quote:
Though funds to the tune of Rs 890 crores were allotted for various projects in the last six years, the Kochi Corporation has failed to utilise even half the amount.

Projects worth Rs 684.9 crores under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) were sanctioned in the last five years. But the civic body could spend only Rs 230.18 crores.

Likewise, projects worth Rs 205 crores were awarded under the Kerala Sustainable Urban Development Project (KSUDP) for Kochi out of which only Rs 43.45 crores have been utilised.

The statistics were presented at a special council meeting convened here on Thursday to review the status of JNNURMKSUDP projects. The tenure of the projects will expire by 2012. If the civic body fails in fully utilising the allocated funds, it will have to pay back the amount along with the penalty.
Among the prime components of various projects under JNNURM, fund of Rs 201 crores was allotted for water supply related projects. The major project under this component is the Maradu water treatment plant project for which Rs 78.62 crores has already been spend. Still the project is progressing at a snail's pace owing to the opposition raised by the Piravam Panchayath authorities against the digging of roads and sourcing of water from the Moovattupuzha river. Out of the Rs 88.12 crores already sanctioned for the soil waste management, so far Rs 31.69 crores have only been used.

"Land acquisition is one of the major reason that is delaying various projects. The JNNURMKSSUDP funds cannot be used for land acquisition. It is the responsibility of the civic body to identify the fund for acquiring land. Since the Kochi Corporation is not in a position to raise fund on its own, it will have to depend on the state government for financial support," said a top corporation official.

He said that Centre would provide only fifty per cent of the total project cost under JNNURM. "The state government will contribute thirty percent and it is the responsibility of the corporation to find out the remaining twenty per cent of the amount. Owing to its financial crisis, the corporation will depend on the state for its share of twenty per cent, which will further delay the project," he added.

Meanwhile, out of the Rs 205 crores allocated for KSUDP projects, only Rs 41.9 crores have been utilised so far. The funds allotted for projects under sewerage, drainage improvement, Heritage and Tourism are also left untouched.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/funds-unu...61-60-122.html



What to say? If we were blessed atleast with one quality leader, where would we be now today? 5 years completely lost and we were begging sitting on a gold mine!!! These leaders must be shot in daylight, for their lethargy.
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM   #5064
bijuarr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MUZIRIS - The Ancient Metropolis
Posts: 785
Likes (Received): 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
Aroor anyway is part of Kochi itself, as it depends purely on Kochi. Just like Noida is with UP, whereas its essentially the nerve center of Delhi.

But I doubt abt Kodungallor. The city is not dependent on Kochi directly nor part of Kochi's developmental plans. Perhaps to some extend N.Paravur is part of the Metropolitan suburbs. But I don't like so Kodungallor can be measured with same yardstick.
Now a days Kodungallur more close to Kochi. Thirukochi buses also plying to Kodungallur. After Kodungallur municipality border Kochi UA starts. I am sure KDLR become more close to Kochi ones Azhikode-Munambam bridge opens.
bijuarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM   #5065
bijuarr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MUZIRIS - The Ancient Metropolis
Posts: 785
Likes (Received): 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
Aroor anyway is part of Kochi itself, as it depends purely on Kochi. Just like Noida is with UP, whereas its essentially the nerve center of Delhi.
But Irshad...then why Aroor not included Kochi UA officially? Any administration difficulty as its in other district?
bijuarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:32 PM   #5066
KMC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,181
Likes (Received): 729

Guess we should move this discussion to General discussion thread . else Project thread will look very cluttered
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:23 PM   #5067
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,198
Likes (Received): 2599

Metro Ball is rolling

Quote:
Kerala Government issued G.O to LA officials of Ernakulam Collector to initiate Land Acquisition for Kochi Metro. The G.O asked Ernakulam Collector to start acquiring land in MG Road, Banerjee road as well as to identify land a Service road and walkway near North Overbridge.

As part of LA there is requirement of additional 5 meter from Kacheripady to Madhava Pharmacy to make it 22 Meters.

In MG Road, atleast 22m is required for the road and required space needed to take over. The Govt believes only least amount of bldgs to take over, as its mostly outer boundary walls and few spaces only be taken over. Only one Bldg and few old structures needed to be take over.

A special Tahasildar and officials exclusively for Metro activities will be appointed to supervise LA activites and conduct survey of space in Banerjee and MG Roads to be taken over.

An Urgent service road will be constructed near North Overbridge, to facilitate traffic once ROB will be demolished for new ROB.

Untill formation of Special Thalasidar and office team, NH Development Special Tahasildar will supervise initial LA Activities.

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/ernakulam...%E0%B5%8D.html
===========================

Good Move But I wonder what will be status of bldgs from North ROB to Kacheripady, where the road width is less than 12m..... Why those bldgs are spared!!!! Lets hope for the best!!!!
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED

Last edited by mohammedirshad06; July 22nd, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM   #5068
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,198
Likes (Received): 2599

Aluva Municipality to construct another Waste treatment plant

Quote:
Presenting the Municipal Budget, the Aluva Municipality announced constructing a Solid Waste treatment Plant in its current dumping ground under BOT basis. A team of Aluva Councillors will visit Bangalore to study the treatment plants functioning there and expected to issue RFP soon

The expected cost of the project is 4.5 crore which will able to handle around 25 tons per day. The waste will be converted into Bio-gas as its 93% byeproduct and 7% as organic fertilizer, which will be marketed.

In addition, the Aluva Municipality plans to replace all existing street lighting to Induction and LED powered new lighting. a hanging walkway connecting between two sides of riverbank, development of Manappuram grounds to accommodate more facilities for Sivarathiri, upgradation of funeral house, 6 e-toilets in major areas of the city and development of an eco-friendly park.

http://www.deepika.com/
With this Kochi is gaining two waste treatment centers within its metropolitan limits. Good going Hope atleast this time, things will be done in a professional and better manner.
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:27 PM   #5069
zuperman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 362
Likes (Received): 48

Now that ICTT is fully operational,do u ppl notice any change in the city life?
It was predicted that it would change the face of kochi (and even the entire state of Kerala..LOL)
Hasn't it been the same as before?
I cannot see any developments that happened only bcoz of the container terminal which can be used by the public(except the new vallarpadam road,which is barely used by any vehicles).Actually the new road was expected to divert a lot of traffic from Kalamassery to Marine Drive thru the much-congested Edappally,Kaloor,North,MG Road stretch and ease the load on these roads, hasnt yet happened.
Nor can I see the huge number of trucks( I read somwer,that it could be as high as 1 truck every 10 minutes) plying thru the NH-47 to thrissur or palakkad or to alappuzha.
Was the ICTT project a hype by the media?
If not,where has it gone wrong?
Plz correct if the facts stated above are wrong.
zuperman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:44 PM   #5070
induzcreed
ThiNk HaTkE !!!
 
induzcreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 907
Likes (Received): 405

don't talk rubbish! go and watch ....off course city life will not change because of ICTT
__________________
The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday !!
induzcreed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM   #5071
zuperman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 362
Likes (Received): 48

@induzcreed , i drove thru the new road many times and could hardly see any vehicles(atleast not as much as i had expected)
and i stay very near to the NH-47.So I can easily notice if there is any difference in the number of trucks.
zuperman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:04 PM   #5072
induzcreed
ThiNk HaTkE !!!
 
induzcreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cochin / Bangalore
Posts: 907
Likes (Received): 405

what was your expectation?
__________________
The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday !!

Last edited by induzcreed; July 23rd, 2011 at 04:08 AM.
induzcreed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:58 PM   #5073
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,198
Likes (Received): 2599

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuperman View Post
Now that ICTT is fully operational,do u ppl notice any change in the city life?
It was predicted that it would change the face of kochi (and even the entire state of Kerala..LOL)
Hasn't it been the same as before?
I cannot see any developments that happened only bcoz of the container terminal which can be used by the public(except the new vallarpadam road,which is barely used by any vehicles).Actually the new road was expected to divert a lot of traffic from Kalamassery to Marine Drive thru the much-congested Edappally,Kaloor,North,MG Road stretch and ease the load on these roads, hasnt yet happened.
Nor can I see the huge number of trucks( I read somwer,that it could be as high as 1 truck every 10 minutes) plying thru the NH-47 to thrissur or palakkad or to alappuzha.
Was the ICTT project a hype by the media?
If not,where has it gone wrong?
Plz correct if the facts stated above are wrong.

See ICTT is not yet fully operational. To be technically true, its still servicing assignments, what it used to be at Rajiv Gandhi Container Terminal, as the channel depth has not yet achieved. The dredging works are yet to start and may take another 6 to 7 months to complete it and achieve the desired dept to service more larger Motherships.

Yet it is a positive step, that we received a mothership yesterday. Perhaps soon we will see more larger than this one, once the depth is achieved.

Secondly another major issues, the carbotage law hasn't been relaxed yet. Once that is done, surely we can see more traffic catering.

Thirdly its just 5 to 6 months over since moving to the new ICTT. Lot of issues are yet to be settled. Even some basic facilities like rest rooms for drivers or comfort station or truck yard or refuelling facilities are yet to come. We just had opened the terminal and lots more activities have to done, to make it fully operational. So we can't fully say, its fully operational and 100% ready. And lots of marketing and other activities have to be done, to make port more popular.

Still, you will the real traffic when coming in NH 47 especially those moving from Aroor to Edappally side. I think authorities must consider a total ban or time restrictions of containers moving in NH47 to reduce congestion. Perhaps once Airport-Seaport road gets ready, these container traffic can be moved to that side and get into ICTT road instead of plying traditional roads!!!
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:17 AM   #5074
DileepKS
Armchair Activist
 
DileepKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Original Capital of Kerala
Posts: 4,179
Likes (Received): 2139

Zuperman, are you married? Do you have kids? Or does anyone you closely know, like a sibling or cousin, get married and produce kids?

Did the kid got born in two days? A month? five? Or, nine months?

Did the kid play cricket with you right after it was born? What about singing rhymes? Did you guys hang out at the bar yet?

ICTT has not achieved full capacity. It is a gradual process. Do you think there were containers out there, waiting for a port, so that they could flood up the NH-47 when ICTT opens? As the port capacity grow, and the container freight stations come online, you will see traffic also grow. Such growths are always imperceptible on a day to day basis, just like a kid growing. But if you stay away for a few months and come back to look, you will see the difference.

Same with traffic using the NH spur to Highcourt. It takes time for people to realize the shortcut and start using it.

Last edited by DileepKS; July 23rd, 2011 at 03:22 AM.
DileepKS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:00 AM   #5075
naveenpf
Registered User
 
naveenpf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 212
Likes (Received): 10

http://www.prd.kerala.gov.in/news/sh...uvananthapuram
കൊച്ചി മെട്രോ : വെബ്സൈറ്റ് ഉദ്ഘാടനം 26 ന്

കൊച്ചി മെട്രോ റെയില്* പദ്ധതി സംബന്ധിച്ച എല്ലാ വിവരവും ഉള്*ക്കൊളളുന്ന വെബ്സൈറ്റിന്റെ ഉദ്ഘാടനം ജൂലൈ 26 ന് ഊര്*ജ്ജവകുപ്പ് മന്ത്രി ആര്യാടന്* മുഹമ്മദ് നിര്*വ്വഹിക്കും. വെകിട്ട് നാലിന് മന്ത്രിയുടെ ഓഫീസിലാണ് ചടങ്ങ്. www.kochimetro.org വെബ് സൈറ്റില്* പദ്ധതി സംബന്ധിച്ച എല്ലാ വിവരവും പൊതുജനങ്ങള്*ക്ക് ലഭിക്കും. കൊച്ചിയില്* മെട്രോ റയിലിന്റെ ആവശ്യകത, പദ്ധതിയുടെ ഉദ്ദേശ്യലക്ഷ്യം, രൂപരേഖ, സാങ്കേതിക വിവരം, ഭൂമി ഏറ്റെടുക്കലിന്റെയും പുന:രധിവാസത്തിന്റെയും വിവരം, മെട്രോ സ്റേഷനുകള്*, മെട്രോ ട്രെയിനുകള്*, ട്രെയിനുകളുടെ സാങ്കേതിക വിവരം എന്നിവയെല്ലാം വെബ് സൈറ്റിലൂടെ അറിയാന്* സാധിക്കും. കൂടുതല്* വിവരം ആവശ്യമുളളവര്* info@kochimetro.org ഇ-മെയില്* വിലാസത്തില്* ആവശ്യമായ വിവരം വ്യക്തമാക്കി ബന്ധപ്പെട്ടാല്* ഇ-മെയില്* മുഖേന മറുപടി 48 മണിക്കൂറിനകം ലഭിക്കും. പി.എന്*.എക്സ്.3405/11
naveenpf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM   #5076
Aslesh
Aslesh Rajan K
 
Aslesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Kannur
Posts: 7,789
Likes (Received): 3278

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post

Did the kid play cricket with you right after it was born? What about singing rhymes? Did you guys hang out at the bar yet?
__________________
Kannur - "തറികളുടെയും തിറകളുടെയും നാട്" - The Land of Looms and Lores
Kerala Real Estate Kannur Tourism Census India 2011
Aslesh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:31 PM   #5077
mohammedirshad06
Registered Kochinite. MI
 
mohammedirshad06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kochi, Al Ain
Posts: 12,198
Likes (Received): 2599



The district-level distribution of Aadhaar Unique Identity (UID) card will be inaugurated by Excise and Port Minister K Babu on August 1.

Aadhaar UID monitoring committee has decided that the distribution of the card will begin in Thrikkakara municipality and registration of the card will be completed in a time-bound manner.

The registration process will be conducted by Kudumbashree, Asha workers and Anganwadi teachers. The committee estimates to conduct 700 registration daily.

The form for the registration of Aadhaar UID card will be available through Akshaya centres in Thrikkakara municipality from July 23. To avoid rush in the centres, date and time for taking photos and finger prints will be noted in the form.

Aadhaar is a ten-digit identification number that can be used for various purposes. With the coming of UID card any citizen can be easily identified using the card. Besides name and address of the person, image, retina mark and finger print will also given in the card so that the person can be identified easily. The UID card is issued by Unique Identification card of India. The government is also looking forward to issuing a bank account to each citizen who gets registered with the UID card.

The UID registraton is done under the 100-daysí programme of the government and Akshaya centres in the district had been allotted Rs 15 lakh to purchase computers for the purpose. The service of retired officials will also be sought for checking the address and name of each person.
Special cards will issued for the people who are blind and who have no fingers.
People must bring ration card, Voters card, PAN card, Driving licence, pass book of the bank account and passport for getting the UID card.

For those who donít have any other identity card can apply for it by getting authentication letter from the panchayat members.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/aadhar-ui...63-60-122.html
__________________
My Kochi Rising
Cochin SSC | Kochi Metro Rail | Cochin Airport | Kochi Discussions |

Voice your protest for decommissioning
MULLAPERIYAR DAM
DAMAGED
mohammedirshad06 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:48 PM   #5078
naveenpf
Registered User
 
naveenpf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 212
Likes (Received): 10

UID is not a card it is a number... pic you put here is MNIC unsuccessful program of Indian gov

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post


The district-level distribution of Aadhaar Unique Identity (UID) card will be inaugurated by Excise and Port Minister K Babu on August 1.

Aadhaar UID monitoring committee has decided that the distribution of the card will begin in Thrikkakara municipality and registration of the card will be completed in a time-bound manner.

The registration process will be conducted by Kudumbashree, Asha workers and Anganwadi teachers. The committee estimates to conduct 700 registration daily.

The form for the registration of Aadhaar UID card will be available through Akshaya centres in Thrikkakara municipality from July 23. To avoid rush in the centres, date and time for taking photos and finger prints will be noted in the form.

Aadhaar is a ten-digit identification number that can be used for various purposes. With the coming of UID card any citizen can be easily identified using the card. Besides name and address of the person, image, retina mark and finger print will also given in the card so that the person can be identified easily. The UID card is issued by Unique Identification card of India. The government is also looking forward to issuing a bank account to each citizen who gets registered with the UID card.

The UID registraton is done under the 100-daysí programme of the government and Akshaya centres in the district had been allotted Rs 15 lakh to purchase computers for the purpose. The service of retired officials will also be sought for checking the address and name of each person.
Special cards will issued for the people who are blind and who have no fingers.
People must bring ration card, Voters card, PAN card, Driving licence, pass book of the bank account and passport for getting the UID card.

For those who donít have any other identity card can apply for it by getting authentication letter from the panchayat members.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/aadhar-ui...63-60-122.html
naveenpf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM   #5079
KMC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,181
Likes (Received): 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
Same with traffic using the NH spur to Highcourt. It takes time for people to realize the shortcut and start using it.
i wud rather say this highway will be more prominent in coming years and would very well come at par with Edapally Kundanoor stretch . Lots of land available here and its so picturesque.... it will be matter of time before we can see highrises dotting this 17 Km stretch....

If the proposed oceanarium come up , then it will alter the dimension altogether .

Last edited by KMC; July 23rd, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM   #5080
KMC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,181
Likes (Received): 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedirshad06 View Post
===========================

Good Move But I wonder what will be status of bldgs from North ROB to Kacheripady, where the road width is less than 12m..... Why those bldgs are spared!!!! Lets hope for the best!!!!
are we really sure of getting it approved by central govt. looking at the pace at which things are moving I guess , there is silent approval already given ...

I guess we can use teh latest urbanisation data to support the need of metro... the figure quotes somewhere around 2 mn ... that will surely calm planning commission and Finance dept....

I guess we are heading towards some good news....
KMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
kochi projects

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu