daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #2501
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7094

November 16, 2012. The beginning of passenger operation - tramcar 71-631-02 №7400 at Ryabovo Highway, tram route №64:

Dissident

November 16, 2012. Tramcar 71-631-02 №7400 at Ryabovo Highway, tram route №64:

Dissident

November 16, 2012. Tramcar 71-631-02 №7400 at terminal station "Rzhevka", tram route №64:

Dissident

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #2502
AlekseyVT
BANNED

November 16, 2012. Saloon of tramcar 71-631-02 №7400, the view forwards:

Dissident

November 16, 2012. Saloon of tramcar 71-631-02 №7400, middle section:

Dissident

November 16, 2012. Saloon of tramcar 71-631-02 №7400, the view back:

Dissident

November 17, 2012. Tramcar 71-631-02 №7400 at terminal station "Small Okhta", tram route №10:

Dissident

Old November 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #2503
suburbicide

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Here are Metro stations in other Russian cities, which were opened in last two years. It's very naive to think that cost of decoration materials is comparable with cost of construction of tunnels, escalators, vestibules, Metro bridges, power systems of station, etc.

"Botanicheskaya", Yekaterinburg (2011):

AlMax
I applaud the fact that they put an effort into decor and aesthetics. A lot of new metro stations, especially in Asia, are kind bland and boring. But some of these new Russian stations are quite tacky, from my perspective.

It's a matter of taste of course, and taste is formed by your culture and history. Do most Russians find the Botanicheskaya station a nice design?
suburbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #2504
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbicide View Post
I applaud the fact that they put an effort into decor and aesthetics. A lot of new metro stations, especially in Asia, are kind bland and boring. But some of these new Russian stations are quite tacky, from my perspective.

It's a matter of taste of course, and taste is formed by your culture and history. Do most Russians find the Botanicheskaya station a nice design?
You know, I read a lot of posts at few forums dedicated to opening the Metro stations in Moscow and other Russian cities. People are different. Some people likes this design, some people don't likes it. Some people prefer simplicity and utilitarianism, some people prefer to see more decorative materials. I did not keep statistics on the number of positive and negative reviews.

As rule, many passengers are very critical regarding to new stations in own native city, but much less critical in regarding to new stations in other cities. I think this is quite normal. It's impossible to create something that would like to all people. Also, sometimes it need to personally visit these stations to get a full impression about it. Some stations can look better in reality than on photos, and visa versa.

Old November 19th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #2505
Gedimin

Likes (Received): 244

Quote:

"Novokosino" (2012):

Link
actually i expected this station to have gold panels on walls and sahphire glass in lamps, besause it would be the only reason to explain the spending of more than 600 millions US dollars for a single station in a suburban district.
The cost of russian metro-construction is much higher than in many other european countries with much higher resources cost(labour, metal, energy), that's the main reason why metro in russia is built slower and the network is shorter than in other states
Gedimin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #2506
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedimin View Post
actually i expected this station to have gold panels on walls and sahphire glass in lamps, besause it would be the only reason to explain the spending of more than 600 millions US dollars for a single station in a suburban district.
It depends on whether that includes the construction of stations. In Russia, it includes cost of the land on the construction sites, the cost of relocation and demolition of facilities which are located on the territory of construction.

Quote:
The cost of russian metro-construction is much higher than in many other european countries with much higher resources cost(labour, metal, energy), that's the main reason why metro in russia is built slower and the network is shorter than in other states
What European countries do you mean? Your native Belarus? I didn't know that you have seven Metro systems and another one under active construction.

If to believe this table, Russia is ranked 8th in the world and 4th in Europe in the rating by total length of Metro systems - only below Germany (with S-Bahns), Spain and United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_r...ics_by_country

Old November 19th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2507
Gedimin

Likes (Received): 244

Quote:

What European countries do you mean? Your native Belarus? I didn't know that you have seven Metro systems and another one under active construction.

If to believe this table, Russia is ranked 8th in the world and 4th in Europe in the rating by total length of Metro systems - only below Germany (with S-Bahns), Spain and United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_r...ics_by_country
when i wrote other european countries with much higher resources cost, i meant them. Warsaw soon will get 7 stations line running through the center and under Wisla river for 1billion euro which is only 2 times more than single Novokosino. Copenhagen is building completely automated line with 17 stations running within historic center for 3 billions euros. Italian Brescia will get 13km long completely automated line with 17 stations for around 0.9 billion euro(partly overground and stations aren't very long).
and i'm pretty sure new helsinki 7 stations are cheaper than moscow ones even keeping in mind geological conditions in Helsinki

Russia is 4th in this list, but the first with great distance in meaning of population and tax-payers. finland government can rise funds only from 5 million people, whether russian one - from over 140 millions
Gedimin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #2508
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
when i wrote other european countries with much higher resources cost, i meant them. Warsaw soon will get 7 stations line running through the center and under Wisla river for 1billion euro which is only 2 times more than single Novokosino. Copenhagen is building completely automated line with 17 stations running within historic center for 3 billions euros. Italian Brescia will get 13km long completely automated line with 17 stations for around 0.9 billion euro(partly overground and stations aren't very long).
and i'm pretty sure new helsinki 7 stations are cheaper than moscow ones even keeping in mind geological conditions in Helsinki
I've already written that to accepted include in the cost of Metro construction in Russia. In addition to the direct construction of the Metro tunnels and stations, the cost of works for preparation of construction sites are also included in the estimate.

I absolutely don't know - is it accepted to include cost of preparation works in the estimate of Metro structures in other countries or not. If they can build faster - I'm glad for them.

Quote:
Russia is 4th in this list, but the first with great distance in meaning of population and tax-payers. finland government can rise funds only from 5 million people, whether russian one - from over 140 millions
I recommend you to compare level of national GPD for better comparison. Do not forget to write here about result of this comparison.

Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:48 PM   #2509
apinamies

Likes (Received): 722

Russia's GDP is 10 times bigger than Finland's so Russia have much more money to spent metros than Finland!

Aren't there some over 1 million inhabitants (metropolitan area) cities in Russia without metros/subways?
apinamies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #2510
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinamies View Post
Russia's GDP is 10 times bigger than Finland's so Russia have much more money to spent metros than Finland!
So we are building. Of course, not with Chinese paces, but nevertheless.... As I checked, "Kalasatama" station on existing metro track was only Metro station in Finland, which opened since 2000. At same period (2000-2012), in Russia were opened 49 Metro stations, including stations in regional cities (+ new Kazan Metro which was built from scratch).

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinamies View Post
Aren't there some over 1 million inhabitants (metropolitan area) cities in Russia without metros/subways?
Well, we have 7 of 14 such Russian cities without Metros - Omsk (Metro under active construction), Chelyabinsk (construction suspended), Rostov-on-Don (construction is planned), Ufa (project was cancelled), Volgograd (they have Metrotram), Perm (project was cancelled) and Krasnoyarsk (construction stopped).

So, I'm want to see completion of Metro construction in the cities where it was started and some sections were partially built (Omsk, Chelyabinsk, Krasnoyarsk). What about other cities - I sure think that it's need to refuse from the famous Soviet principle (Metro system - for cities with populations over 1 million inhabitants) and to search ways for construction of alternative kinds of transport (like LRT). If they will start Metro construction with current level of funding, many residents will receive big problems for many years in the form of large construction sites. Strictly speaking, Metro projects were officially cancelled in all other cities except Rostov-on-Don.

Quote:
I want to add that you need to consider not only number of future number, but also the length of future sections. In the EU countries subways are built with high density of stations (in average, near 1 station per 1 km). In Russia, stations on the outskirts are being built at a distance of 2-3 km from each other.

For example, you mentioned construction in Warsaw. As I read, there will be built 7 Metro stations of Line 2 with total length 6.1 km. The construction was started in 2010 and will be finished in 2013.

Here are list of sections which already built or planned to be built in Moscow for this period (2010-2013) almost from scratch.

2012: Line 8: "Novogireevo"-"Novokosino" (3.2 km; 1 station);
2012: Line 2: "Krasnogvardeyskaya" - "Alma-Atinskaya" (2.9 km; 1 station);
2012: Line 3: "Mitino" - "Pyatnitskoe Shosse" (1.5 km; 1 station);
2013: Line 7: "Vykhino" - "Zhulebino" (5.1 km; 2 stations);
2013: Line L1: "Ulitsa Starokachalovskaya" - "Bitsevsky Park" (5 km; 2 stations);
2013: Line 8: "Park Pobedy" - "Delovoy Tsentr" (2.4 km; 2 stations, which were partically built before 2010);
+ 2 Metro depot ("Mitino" and "Brateyevo").

As you can see, although number of future stations is comparable, but length of future sections in Moscow is much more (20.1 vs 6.1 km). So, it's some difficult to speak about slow Metro construction. Don't forget that Warsaw Metro is sole subway system in Poland while at least St. Petersburg and Kazan Metros were extended in recent years.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM   #2511
AlekseyVT
BANNED

ST. PETERSBURG METRO

November 21, 2012. The construction of own vestibule of the station "Spasskaya" ("Saviour"; Line 5; opened on March 7, 2009), which planned to be opened next year:

METRO-USSR

METRO-USSR

The construction of trade store "Continent", where will be located vestibule of the Metro station "Bukharestskaya" ("Bucharest") which planned to be opened in late-December 2012:

Kupsilla

Kupsilla

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 23rd, 2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old November 24th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #2512
ruslan33

Likes (Received): 333

[QUOTE=Gedimin;97487953]when i wrote other european countries with much higher resources cost, i meant them. Warsaw soon will get 7 stations line running through the center and under Wisla river for 1billion euro which is only 2 times more than single Novokosino. Copenhagen is building completely automated line with 17 stations running within historic center for 3 billions euros. Italian Brescia will get 13km long completely automated line with 17 stations for around 0.9 billion euro(partly overground and stations aren't very long).

/QUOTE]

That has all to do with the abnormal expensive land in Moscow and high bureaucracy which leads to corruption.
ruslan33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #2513
AlekseyVT
BANNED

ST. PETERSBURG TRAM

SEPTEMBER 29, 2012. HISTORICAL PARADE DEDICATED TO THE 105-ANNIVERSARY OF ELECTRIC TRAM IN ST. PETERSBURG.

September 29, 2012. The replica of British "Brush" tramcar №1028 (constructed in 1982) and replica of horsecar №114 (constructed in 1997 at Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) at the Middle Avenue of Vasilyevsky Island:

DenisKe

September 29, 2012. The heritage MS-4 tramcar №2424 (constructed in 1930 at "Red Putilovite" Plant, now Kirov Plant in St. Petersburg) on Trinity Square:

tramp

September 29, 2012. The heritage MS-1 tramcar №1877 (constructed in 1929 at "Red Putilovite" Plant, now Kirov Plant in St. Petersburg) at the Middle Avenue of Vasilyevsky Island:

vitalyspb

September 29, 2012. The heritage LM-33/LP-33 tram train №4275+4454 (constructed respectively in 1936 and in 1937 at Leningrad VARZ Wagon-Repair Plant, now Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) at the Middle Avenue of Vasilyevsky Island:

Star2007

September 29, 2012. The heritage LM-33/LP-33 tram train №4275+4454 (constructed in 1936 and in 1937 at Leningrad VARZ Wagon-Repair Plant, now Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) on Suvorov Square:

Dissident

Old November 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #2514
AlekseyVT
BANNED

September 29, 2012. The heritage LM-47 tramcar №3521 (constructed in 1948 at Leningrad VARZ Wagon-Repair Plant, now Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) at the Middle Avenue of Vasilyevsky Island:

DenisKe

September 29, 2012. The heritage tramcars - LM-49 motor tramcar №3691 and LP-47 trailer №3584 (constructed respectively in 1950 and in 1949 at Leningrad VARZ Wagon-Repair Plant, now Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) at the Engineers Street:

Dissident

Old November 26th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #2515
AlekseyVT
BANNED

September 29, 2012. The heritage tramcars - LM-68M tramcar №2423 and LM-57 tramcar №5148 (constructed respectively in December 1977 and in 1968 at Leningrad VARZ Wagon-Repair Plant, now Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) at the Engineers Street:

Александр Стрункин

September 29, 2012. The modified LM-68M2 tramcar №7577 (constructed in March 1983 at Leningrad VARZ Wagon-Repair Plant, now Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory; modified in 2012) at the Middle Avenue of Vasilyevsky Island:

DenisKe

September 29, 2012. 71-153 (LM-2008) tramcar №1431 (constructed in October 2010 at Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) at the Crownwork Avenue:

Сергачёв Андрей

September 29, 2012. 71-153 (LM-2008) tramcar №1431 (constructed in October 2010 at Petersburg Tram Mechanical Factory) on Trinity Bridge:

Роман Агатипов

Old November 26th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #2516
AlekseyVT
BANNED

September 29, 2012. 71-631 (KTM-31) tramcar №5210 (constructed in 2011 at Ust-Katav Wagon-Building Plant) at the Kuybyshev Street:

Dissident

November 24, 2012. The testing of second 71-631-02 bidirectional tramcar at the Chugunovskaya Street in Zlatoust:

Сергей Крылов

November 24, 2012. The testing of second 71-631-02 bidirectional tramcar at the Anosov Street in Zlatoust:

Сергей Крылов

Old November 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #2517
AlekseyVT
BANNED

KAZAN METRO

November 25, 2012. The construction of Metro station "Yäşlek"/"Yunost" ("Youth"), which planned to be opened on May 9, 2013:

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Old November 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #2518
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Зуфар-Казань

Old November 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #2519
AlekseyVT
BANNED

November 27, 2012. Mayor of Kazan Ilsur Metshin visits future Metro stations "Severny Vokzal" ("Northern Rail Terminal") and "Aviastroitelnaya" ("Aircraft Manufacturing"), which planned to be opened on May 9, 2013:

metshin

metshin

metshin

metshin

metshin

metshin

Old November 28th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #2520
AlekseyVT
BANNED