daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:19 AM   #2741
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"BUKHARESTSKAYA"

"Bukharestskaya" ("Bucharest") is a station on the Frunzensko-Primorskaya Line 5 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. It was opened on December 28, 2012 together with "Mezhdunarodnaya" as an extension of the Line 5. The station is situated on the southeastern side of the line, between "Volkovskaya" and "Mezhdunarodnaya" stations. It located near the intersection of the Bucharest Street and Salov Street, in the Volkovskoye Okrug, Frunzensky District.

The station is named after 8.45-km long Bucharest Street near which it located. This street connects "bedroom district" of Kupchino with the centre of the city. It was named on January 16, 1964 in the honour of Bucharest - the capital municipality, cultural, industrial, and financial centre of Romania. Prior to 2009, Bucharest Street was the most longest street in St. Petersburg. On September 2, 2009 the Sofia Street (another street in Frunzensky District) was extended to Kolpino Highway. As result, its length increased to 18.5 km, it became longest street in the city.

The construction of the Bucharest Street and simultaneous mass construction of the living houses in this area began in 1960s. However, this area was known much earlier. The first maps with detailed plan of this territory appeared in the beginning of 20th century. In the plan of 1913 there was mentioned settlement of Romanovo with network of roads. It was named after Imperial dynasty of Romanov. Just after October Revolution of 1917, this settlement was renamed into Ryleyevo, in the honour of Kondraty Ryleyev (1795-1826) - Russian poet, publisher, and a leader of the Decembrist Revolt, who was executed as result of attempt to overthrow the Russian monarchy in December 1825. In mid-1930s there were 16 households in Ryleyevo. In 1960s it was decided to use this area for mass construction of the living houses. The one of main streets of this new district was named in the honour of Romanian capital. There were built five-storey and nine-storey buildings. In 1991 there was founded St. Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences.

The station appeared in the plans of the development of St. Petersburg Metro in the end of 1950s as part of perspective Volkovsko-Okhtinskaya Line. In following years this station was always presented in the plans of further development. According to project of 1991, it was planned to build it as deep-level single-vaulted station. In 1990 began construction of the left tunnel between Metro stations "Mezhdunarodnaya" and "Bukharestskaya". It was finished in 1993. By 1996, there was built left tunnel between future Metro stations "Bukharestskaya" and "Volkovskaya". But later construction was frozen due to lack of funding. In 2004 there existed plans to build ground-level Metro segment south of "Volkovskaya" station. The stations "Bukharestskaya" and "Mezhdunarodnaya" were planned to be ground-level, but this idea was not realized. The works were restarted in the end of 2005. In January 2007 it was decided to built "Bukharestskaya" according to the pylon-type design due to economical reasons (savings - 26% in comparison with single-vaulted project). The project of the decoration of station was presented in October 2009. In February 2010 was finished construction of the right tunnel between Metro stations "Volkovskaya" and "Bukharestskaya". In March 2010 began construction of the escalator tunnel. On October 3, 2010 was finished construction of the right tunnel between "Bukharestskaya" and "Mezhdunarodnaya" stations. In November 2010 was finished construction of escalator tunnel. The station was originally planned to be opened in August 2012, but the opening was postponed until December 2012, since the escalators were not delivered on time.

It's need to mentioned that name "Bukharestskaya" was been disputable for the long time due to hostile policy of Romania towards Russia. The project name of the station was "Ulitsa Salova" ("Salov Street"). This 4.09-km long street was named on December 26, 1940 in the honour of Soviet air gunner Alexander Salov (1917-1940), posthumous Hero of the Soviet Union (1940) who was killed during Soviet-Finnish Winter War of 1939-1940. In the end of March 2009 Valentina Matviyenko, who was Governor of St. Petersburg, supported the proposal to rename this station into "Metrostroyevskaya" ("Metro building"), because it was planned to open this station in the year of 70th anniversary of "Metrostroy" construction company in St. Petersburg (2011). However, this idea was not realized. Some later appeared proposals to rename this station into "Universitet Profsoyuzov" ("University of Labour Unions") or "Profsoyuznaya" ("Labour Unions") - in the honour of St. Petersburg University of Humanities and Social Sciences which located nearby. The other proposed name was "Yekaterininskaya" ("Catherine") in order to commemorate 250th anniversary of the coronation of the Catherine the Great (1729-1796), Russian Empress since 1762 till 1796. However, the name "Bukharestskaya" was kept, since the decoration of the station, commemorating the city of Bucharest, was ready in advance, and it was unreasonable to make new design of the station.

The architects of station are Dmitry Boytsov (project leader), O. Ryazantseva and M. Martynova. "Bukharestskaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the pylon type (depth - 65 m). According to the new local tradition of last time, the ground-level vestibule of station was been built in the ground floor of the trade store "Continent" of the "Adamant" Holding. The construction of the trade store "Continent" (total square - 90.000 sq.m.) began in July 2011, it was opened simultaneously with station on December 28, 2012. The walls of the vestibule are partly faced with grey marble. The ceiling of vestibule with rows of intersecting decorative trusses is supported by two rows of columns of the original form which are faced with red marble. There is mosaic panel with stylized image of the Romanian landscape above the escalator tunnel (artist - Alexander Bystrov). The central hall of station is illuminated by group of chandeliers of the original form, as well as by strips of light fixtures which hidden behind cornices. Two side platforms are illuminated only by light fixtures hidden behind cornices. The floor of station is paved with polished grey granite with inserts made of Gabbro. The track walls are faced with grey marble. The pylons are decorated with inserts made of red marble. There are friezes of yellow mosaic with a colorful floral pattern along the cornices. It's interesting that author of these friezes Alexander Bystrov inserted mosaic image of titmouse in the honour of own friend and colleague, Professor Andrey Sinitsa who lives in Kupchino (the surname "Sinitsa" means "titmouse" in Russian). Alexander Bystrov is a author of mosaic panel "The autumn in the park" in the southern end of the central hall.

The commemorative Metro token:

Link

Trade store "Continent" at the Bucharest Street and Salov Street:

Igor Vanin


jenbka


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Igor Vanin


Link


Link


jenbka


Евгений Карьялайнен
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #2742
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


Link


Link


Igor Vanin


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


AnT153


AnT153


kostyan


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #2743
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"MEZHDUNARODNAYA"



"Mezhdunarodnaya" ("International") is a station on the Frunzensko-Primorskaya Line 5 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. It was opened on December 28, 2012 together with Metro station "Bukharestskaya" as an extension of the Line 5. "Mezhdunarodnaya" is the southeastern terminus of the line. It located near the intersection of the Bucharest Street and Béla Kun Street, in the Kupchino Municipal Okrug #73, Frunzensky District.

The name of the station means "International" and originates from the fact that many streets in the area have been named to commemorate Eastern European and Finnish cities or politicians (such as Belgrade Street, Bucharest Street, Budapest Street, Béla Kun Street, Fučík Street, Prague Street, Sofia Street, Turku Street, etc). Also, there is located Park of the Soldiers-Internationalists (opened in 1984) not so far from the station. Prior to 1992, the project name of the station was "Ulitsa Bely Kuna" ("Béla Kun Street"). This 2.3-km long street was named on January 16, 1964 in the honour of a Hungarian revolutionary Béla Kun (1886-1938) who led the Hungarian Soviet Republic in 1919. Following the fall of the Hungarian Revolution of 1919, Kun emigrated to the Soviet Union, where he worked as a functionary in the Communist International bureaucracy. During the Great Terror of the late 1930s, Kun was arrested, interrogated, tried, and executed in quick succession. He was posthumously rehabilitated in 1956, following the death of Joseph Stalin and the critical reassessment of Stalinism.

The station is located in the historical area of Kupchino - the most oldest name at the St. Petersburg maps. It's one of the ancient Slavic settlements which were located at the left-bank part of valley (which was formed by Neva River and its tributaries). Since 15th century, these lands belonged to Novgorod Republic. It was mentioned in the chronicles of Novgorod monastery. In early 17th century, this area was conquered by Swedes and was populated by Swedish warriors. The name of the village of Kupsino (Swedish: Kupsilla) was firstly marked at the Swedish map of 1676. Therefore, Kupchino is older than St. Petersburg city at least on 27 years. Its name is supposedly derived from Finnish word "Kupsila" ("hare"). These lands were recaptured by Russian Army in 1702, during the Great Northern War of 1700-1721. In the early 18th century (in 1714-1718), Kupchino belonged to Tsarevich Alexey Petrovich (1690-1718), then passed on to Saint Alexander Nevsky Monastery. In 1837 through Kupchino was built Tsarskoe Selo Railway, in 1851 - Nicholas Railway between St. Petersburg and Moscow (now October Railway). In 1930s territory of Kupchino was included into city boundaries as part of Moskovsky District. In 1941-1944, there was a front line to the south of Kupchino. Up to the early 1960s, Kupchino remained a rural area, where Nikolaevsky settlement (named after Shaumyan), Ryleyevo settlement and Kupchino village were located. In 1961, it was transferred to Frunzensky District. Since 1964 there was started mass residential building in this area.

The construction of this station was started in late-1980s. The preparation of the territory for construction began in 1988. The construction works were started in 1989. In 1990 began construction of the left tunnel between Metro stations "Mezhdunarodnaya" and "Bukharestskaya". It was finished in 1993. However, in 1996 construction was frozen for about 9 years due to lack of funding. In 2004 there existed plans to build ground-level Metro segment south of "Volkovskaya" station. The stations "Bukharestskaya" and "Mezhdunarodnaya" were planned to be ground-level, but this idea was not realized. The works were restarted in the beginning of 2005. The construction of escalator tunnel was started in December 2008 and was finished in December 2009. The project of the decoration of station was presented in October 2009. On October 3, 2010 was finished construction of the right tunnel between Metro stations "Bukharestskaya" and "Mezhdunarodnaya". The facing of station began in June 2011. It was originally planned to be opened in August 2012, but the opening was postponed until December 2012, since the escalators for neighboring station "Bukharestskaya" were not delivered on time.

The architects of station are Nikolay Romashkin-Timanov (project leader), Ya. Romanova and N. Vinogradova. "Mezhdunarodnaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the column-wall type (depth - 65 m). According to the new local tradition of last time, the ground-level vestibule of station was been built in the ground floor of the trade store "Mezhdunarodny" (total area - 46.400 sq.m.) of the "Adamant" Holding. The construction of this trade store began in the end of January 2011. It was opened for visitors on August 24, 2012. According to the plans of 2009, the main theme of station's decor should to be Russian avant-garde and its influence on world culture. There were plans to place decorative mosaic smalt panel with the image of the famous Monument to the Third International (better known as the Tatlin's Tower) in the end of central hall. But later this project was replaced with theme of the birth of civilization. The ground-level vestibule of station is decorated with mosaic panel above the escalator tunnel with images of the symbols of world civilization such as Tower of Babel, Colosseum, flying Icarus (artist - Alexander Bystrov). The central hall and side platforms of station are illuminated by light fixtures which hidden behind cornices. The walls are faced with white Italian marble "Bianco Carrara". The floor is faced with grey Finnish granite "Kuru Grey" with inserts made of Russian Gabrodiabase. The columns are decorated with golden brass sheets and handrails of same colour. The technical doors at the track walls are decorated with the image of the famous Pablo Picasso's drawing "Dove of Peace" which was chosen as the emblem for the World Peace Congress in Paris in April 1949 and was later developed into a simple, graphic line drawing. There is mosaic panel with image of Atlas who supports the terrestrial globe in the southern end of the central hall (artist - Alexander Bystrov). (The ten sculptures of Atlases near entrances to the New Hermitage are symbols of St. Petersburg). In distant future, there will be located transfer to the planned Ring Line left of this mosaic panel.

The commemorative Metro token:

Link

Trade store "Mezhdunarodny" at the intersection of the Bucharest Street and Béla Kun Street:

jenbka


jenbka


Igor Vanin


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Igor Vanin


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Pokakukam
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post

Last edited by AlekseyVT; February 17th, 2013 at 10:00 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #2744
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Евгений Карьялайнен


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy


Link


Igor Vanin


Andrey kronos Perechitskiy
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #2745
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

2012 - RECONSTRUCTIONS, RESTORATIONS AND RENOVATIONS:

In 2012 there were ended renovation works at the track walls of Metro stations "Frunzenskaya", "Tekhnologichesky Institut - 2", "Vyborgskaya", "Proletarskaya" and "Sennaya Ploshchad" which were started in 2011.

"FRUNZENSKAYA"

"Frunzenskaya" ("Mikhail Frunze") is a station on the Moskovsko-Petrogradskaya Line 2 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. It located at the Moscow Avenue near the Embankment of Bypass Canal, in the Izmaylovskoye Municipal Okrug, Admiralteysky District.

The station was opened on April 29, 1961. It is named for nearest Frunzevsky department store (built in 1934-1938), in the honour of Mikhail Frunze (1885-1925) - major Red Army commander in the Russian Civil War of 1918-1922, who is best known for defeating Baron Pyotr Wrangel (1878-1928) in Crimea in 1920. Its project name was "Obvodny Kanal" ("Bypass Canal"). The architect of station was Boris Zhuravlyov. "Frunzenskaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the pylon type (depth - 39 m). The pylons of station are faced with white polished marble. The track walls were initially faced with white ceramic tile. The station is illuminated by strips of fluorescent lamps which installed on the vaults of central hall and side platforms. The end of central hall is decorated with bas-relief made of aluminum and red smalt which depicts Mikhail Frunze and Red Army soldiers, against the background of battle banners (sculptor - Vladimir Sychyov). The round vestibule, which was designed by Aron Getskin and Valentina Shuvalova, is located in the industrial zone at the Moscow Avenue.

In October 2004 there were replaced turnstiles in vestibule, in May 2005 - lighting, in May-June 2006 were held works on renovation of the glazing of vestibule. Since December 2010 till March 2012 there were held works for replacing of floor surface and ceramic tile on the track walls.

April 9, 2010. Metro station "Frunzenskaya" ("Mikhail Frunze"; Line 2; opened on April 29, 1961) before renovation works, which were started in December 2010:

Битцевский панк

February 3, 2011. The station during renovation. The asphalt at the side platforms was replaced with granite:

USSR Man

November 1, 2011. The station during renovation. The white ceramic tile was replaced with white marble:

mYm

March 16, 2012:

Ericine

April 12, 2012:

Link


Link

January 14, 2013:

Link

"TEKHNOLOGICHESKY INSTITUT"

"Tekhnologichesky Institut" ("Institute of Technology") is a cross-platform interchange station of the Saint Petersburg Metro. The stations consists of two halls, with both serving located on the Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya Line 1 and Moskovsko-Petrogradskaya Line 2 trains. The first hall serves the southbound trains while the second hall serves the northbound ones. Its ground-level vestibule located at the intersection of the Moscow Avenue and Suburban Avenue, in the Semyonovsky Municipal Okrug, Admiralteysky District.

The first hall was opened on November 15, 1955, as part of the first metro line between "Avtovo" and "Ploshchad Vosstaniya" ("Uprising Square"). The name comes from the fact that the surface vestibule is located immediately next to Saint Petersburg State Institute of Technology (founded on December 10, 1828). The architects were Alexander Sokolov and Alexander Andreyev (ground-level vestibule and underground hall). The basic theme of the station is the achievements of Russian and Soviet science. The basic material for decorating the underground hall is white Ural marble. On the columns are 22 (initially 24) bas-reliefs with portraits of well-known Russian and Soviet scientists, on the walls in the centre of hall between columns (in so-called "round hall") - bas-reliefs with portraits of Karl Marx and Vladimir Lenin (initially there were also bas-reliefs with portraits of Friedrich Engels and Joseph Stalin). On the platform walls are placed decorative grilles.



This deep-level three-vaulted station of the column-type (depth - 40 m) existed for several years as an ordinary station of the Line 1, with trains traveling in both directions. But on April 11, 1961, the second hall was opened. During 18 days, both halls served only Line 1. On April 29, 1961 was opened second line of the Saint Petersburg Metro, and "Tekhnologichesky Institut" became northern terminal station of the Line 2. Thus, it became the first cross-platform facility in the USSR, coming into full operation on July 1, 1963 (after northern extension of the Line 2).

The second hall, in contrast to the first, was built in the functional style, called for by Nikita Khrushchev's program of total economy. The architects Anatoly Pribulsky, Alexander Macheret and Vera Gankevich designed an almost white wall with decorative texts on the white marble pylons, chronicling the accomplishments of Soviet science and technology in 1920-1979, which were continually added to over time.

Initially, the second hall had no exit to the surface and was connected to the first by a central passage, during the construction of which the bas-reliefs of Joseph Stalin, Friedrich Engels, Russian chemist Alexey Favorsky (1860-1945) and Russian naval engineer Alexey Krylov (1863-1945) were removed. Only on July 18, 1980 was opened second inclined passage (architects: Aron Getskin, A. Kvyatovsky and I. Sergeyeva). Therefore, vestibule of the first hall was joined with the second. The exits from both halls are located at the northern end, with three escalators each.

In 2007 asphalted floor surface on the side platforms of the second hall was replaced with granite. In 2011-2012 ceramic tile on the track walls was replaced with marble.

February 19, 2011. The second hall of Metro station "Tekhnologichesky Institut" ("Institute of Technology") during renovation works, which were started in February 2011:

Битцевский панк

May 12, 2011. The station during renovation. The white ceramic tile was replaced with white marble:

Nomernoy

December 25, 2012:

Metroschemes

December 28, 2012:

Дурень
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #2746
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"VYBORGSKAYA"

"Vyborgskaya" ("Vyborg") is a station on the Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya Line 1 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. Its ground-level vestibule located at the Forest Avenue between its intersections with the Smolyachkov Street and Grenadier Street, in the Sampsoniyevskoye Municipal Okrug, Vyborgsky District.

The station was opened on April 22, 1975. It is named due to location in the historical area of St. Petersburg - Vyborg Side (there was old road in direction to the city of Vyborg, now Vyborg Highway). Its project name was "Baburin Pereulok" ("Baburin Lane"). The architects of station were Alexander Zhuk, Vyacheslav Drozdov and Yevgeny Zhuk. "Vyborgskaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the column type (depth - 67 m). Its columns and track walls are faced with pinkish-beige travertine, the floor is paved with grey granite. The exit from station is located at the northern end, with three escalators. There is bas-relief which depicts uprising of the workers of Vyborg Side near the escalator tunnel. The ground-level "glass" vestibule is built according to the project of architects Aron Getskin, Valentina Shuvalova and Valery Khilchenko.

February 20, 2011. Metro station "Vyborgskaya" ("Vyborg"; Line 1; opened on April 22, 1975) before renovation works:

Битцевский панк

August 31, 2011. In August 2011 was started renovation of track walls, which was finished in 2012:

USSR Man

"PROLETARSKAYA"

"Proletarskaya" ("Proletarian") is a station on the Nevsko-Vasileostrovskaya Line 3 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. Its ground-level vestibule located at the intersection of the Avenue of Obukhovskaya Defence and Chernov Street, in the Obukhovsky Municipal Okrug, Nevsky District.

The station was opened on July 10, 1981. It is named due to location near one of the large industrial enterprises of St. Petersburg - Obukhov State Plant (which was known as "Bolshevik" Plant from 1922 to 1992). The project name of station was "Zavod Bolshevik" ("Bolshevik Plant"). Obukhov State Plant is a major Russian metallurgy and heavy machine-building plant. It was founded on May 16, 1863 by partnership of Pavel Obukhov, Nikolay Putilov and Sergey Kudryavtsev to produce naval artillery based on German designs by "Krupp". It has since been a major producer of artillery and other military equipment. On May 14, 1901 the workers of Obukhov Plant organized strike which resulted to clashes with police and military troops six days later (these events are known as "Obukhovskaya Defense"). It was first step on the way to industrial democracy and creation of factory committees.

The architects of station were David Goldgor, Yu. Yeyechko, R. Rosenthal and N. Afoshin. "Proletarskaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the column type (depth - 72 m). Prior to opening of Metro stations "Park Pobedy" in Moscow (May 6, 2003) and "Komendantsky Prospekt" in St. Petersburg (April 2, 2005), "Proletarskaya" was most deepest station in Russia and in the city respectively. The decoration of station is dedicated to the working class. The track walls are decorated with white and white-pinkish marble. The floor is paved with black, grey and dark-red granite. The columns are decorated with white marble and ended with massive frieze of polished granite which symbolically depicts the expanded red banner. The dark-red wall in the end of central hall is decorated with high relief "Sickle and Hammer" - the symbols of Proletariat. The exit from station is located at the southern end. "Proletarskaya" is one of two stations of the Saint Petersburg Metro (the second is "Admiralteyskaya") which have two escalator tunnels with intermediate corridor between them. The round vestibule of station is built according to the project of architects Aron Getskin, A. Kvyatovsky and I. Sergeyeva.

The station was closed for reconstruction from August 25, 2005 to November 17, 2006. There were reconstructed escalator tunnels as well as facing of the walls and floor surface in the ground-level vestibule. In 2011-2012 there was renovated facing of track walls.

April 9, 2010. Metro station "Proletarskaya" ("Proletarian"; Line 3; opened on July 10, 1981) before renovation works:

Битцевский панк

December 8, 2011. In November 2011 was started renovation of track walls:

Shudder

April 6, 2012:

NoName

May 9, 2012:

ломоносов

July 29, 2012:

Alien2001


Alien2001
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv, Kot Behemot liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #2747
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"SENNAYA PLOSHCHAD"

"Sennaya Ploshchad" ("Hay Square") is a station on the Moskovsko-Petrogradskaya Line 2 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. Its ground-level vestibule located at the Hay Square, in the Sennoy Municipal Okrug, Admiralteysky District.

The station was opened on July 1, 1963. Before July 1, 1992, it was known as "Ploshchad Mira" ("Peace Square"). The station was named after nearest square. This square was named in the end of 18th century because of hay market which was located there. From December 15, 1952 to July 1, 1992 it was known as Peace Square. Construction of the entrance to the station was given as a pretext for demolition of the Assumption Church (Saviour Church) on this square. This church, erected in 1753-1765 by Andrei Kvasov, was blown up on February 1, 1961.

The architects of station were Anatoly Pribulsky, Alexander Macheret and Vera Gankevich. "Sennaya Ploshchad" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the pylon type (depth - 55 m). Its track walls were faced with blue ceramic tile (colour of peace). The southern end of central hall was decorated with inscription "USSR is a Bulwark of Peace". The pylons were initially faced with small gray-cream ceramic tile. The exit from station is located at the northern end, with three escalators. In 1991 this station was reconstructed for organization of transfer to Metro station "Sadovaya" ("Garden"; Line 5; opened on December 30, 1991). The architects Anatoly Pribulsky, G. Kashikhin and A. Goncharov were authors of the project of reconstruction. The central hall of station was been extended, there was renovated floor surface, the small gray-cream ceramic tile at the pylons was replaced with white Koelga marble. There was built transfer to Metro station "Sadovaya" in the middle part above track ways. In 2008 asphalt surface at the side platforms was replaced with granite and floor surface of central hall was renovated. In 2009 there was built another transfer to Metro station "Spasskaya" ("Saviour"; Line 4; opened on March 7, 2009) in the southern end of "Sennaya Ploshchad". The southern end of station was decorated with mosaic panel "Three centuries of Saint Petersburg" which dedicated to the architecture of city. There are depicted three columns of Ionic, Doric and Corinthian orders as well as inscription symbolizing the history of the renamings of city: "1703 - Saint Petersburg, 1914 - Petrograd, 1924 - Leningrad, 1991 - Saint Petersburg".

The vestibule of station was built in 1961-1963 on the Peace Square (now Hay Square) according to the project of architects Aron Getskin and Valentina Shuvalova. According to initial plans, it should to be built into building of future hotel. In 1981 there were plans to built it into planned building of Leningrad Air Terminal. However, these plans were never realized. As result, temporary design became reason of tragedy. On June 10, 1999, at 7:40 pm, the concrete canopy of this vestibule collapsed, killing seven people. This canopy was built as temporary decision before construction of the hotel. In order to avoid such tragedies in the future, in St. Petersburg were held works for strengthening or demolition of the canopies of the other Metro vestibules of similar design.

In 2011-2012 blue ceramic tile at the track walls was replaced with blue ceramogranite.

April 9, 2010. Metro station "Sennaya Ploshchad" ("Hay Square"; Line 2; opened on July 1, 1963) before renovation works:

Битцевский панк

December 28, 2011. In December 2011 was started renovation of track walls:

METRO-USSR

May 15, 2012:

METRO-USSR

May 17, 2012:

METRO-USSR

July 31, 2012:

Metroschemes

August 3, 2012:

karhu

September 20, 2012:

Urban

November 2, 2012:

Metroschemes

December 21, 2012:

METRO-USSR
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv, Kot Behemot liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #2748
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

In 2012 was reconstructed northern vestibule of Metro station "Nevsky Prospekt" ("Nevsky Avenue").

"NEVSKY PROSPEKT"

"Nevsky Prospekt" ("Nevsky Avenue") is a station on the Moskovsko-Petrogradskaya Line 2 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. It located at the Nevsky Avenue, near its intersections with the Griboyedov Canal Quay, Michael Street and Duma Street, at the border of Dvortsovy Municipal Okrug and Municipal Okrug #78, Central District.

The station was opened on July 1, 1963. It is named after 4.5-km long Nevsky Avenue, the major street in the city of St. Petersburg. Planned by Russian Emperor Peter the Great (1672-1725) as beginning of the road to Novgorod and Moscow, the avenue runs from the Admiralty to the Moscow Rail Terminal and, after making a turn at Uprising Square, to the Alexander Nevsky Lavra. The project names of station were "Ploshchad Plekhanova" ("Plekhanov Square"), "Ulitsa Zhelyabova" ("Zhelyabov Street") and "Tsentr Goroda" ("City Center").

The architects of station were Solomon Mayofis and B. Maksimov. "Nevsky Prospekt" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the pylon type (depth - 63 m). The lower parts of the pylons are decorated with ribs of polished aluminum. The track walls of station were initially faced with glass tile with red background. In 2006 it was replaced with artificial stone of similar color. The floor of central hall is paved with Gabbro and labradorite. The floor surface of side platforms, originally asphalted, was replaced with granite in 2007. Initially this station was illuminated by mercury-vapor lamps which in 2004 were replaced with sodium-vapor lamps. The vault of station is decorated with text of Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR about awarding of the Leningrad Metropolitan with Order of Lenin (January 7, 1971).

On November 3, 1967 was opened transfer to Metro station "Gostiny Dvor" ("Guest Court"; Line 3). "Nevsky Prospekt" is linked to "Gostiny Dvor" via a transfer corridor that descends to the middle of the platform and a set of escalators at the platform's northern end.

Due to location of the station in the centre of city with dense location of buildings, "Nevsky Prospekt" became first Metro station in Saint Petersburg which was built without ground-level vestibule. It set record by the number of historical buildings which were demolished (and later restored) for its construction. Initially there was built only one (southern) underground vestibule (so-called "Warm tube") linked with underpass under intersection of the Nevsky Avenue with Michael Street and Duma Street. It was built according to the project of architects Alexander Andreyev, Aron Getskin and Valentina Shuvalova. For its construction, there were demolished building of the trade Featherbed Rows (built by architect Giacomo Quarenghi at the turn of 1800s) and doric portico (built by Luigi Rusca in 1802-1806). Rusca's portico was restored in 1972, Featherbed Rows - in 2000-2002. Initially there were two escalator tunnels in the southern exit with intermediate corridor between big and small escalators (like at "Proletarskaya" and "Admiralteyskaya" stations). However, in 1998 small escalators were dismantled and replaced with stairway.

The northern underground vestibule, combined for Metro stations "Nevsky Prospekt" and "Gostiny Dvor", was built at the intersection of the Nevsky Avenue and Griboyedov Canal Quay. It was opened on April 30, 1967. For its construction, in 1966-1968 there was partly disassembled and later restored angular part of the Engelhardt House (built in 1829-1832), now Small Hall of the Saint Petersburg Philharmonia. In August 2007 this vestibule was closed for reconstruction of the escalators.

Since February 1, 2012 till December 28, 2012 northern vestibule was closed for capital reconstruction of the escalator tunnel. Due to location of station near Griboyedov Canal, there appeared problems with waterproofing in the escalator tunnel. There were made waterproofing works, were replaced escalator parts and facing of vestibule, was enlarged ticket hall and was made ramp for persons with reduced mobility. This vestibule was reopened after reconstruction simultaneously with opening of two new stations.



December 28, 2011. The northern vestibule of station before closing for reconstruction:

METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR

January 31, 2012:

Rumm

February 12, 2012. The transfer Metro station "Gostiny Dvor" ("Guest Court"):

Divan
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #2749
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

March 11, 2012:

zeffirov


zeffirov


zeffirov

August 21, 2012:

karhu


karhu

December 29, 2012. The vestibule after reconstruction:

Битцевский Панк


Битцевский Панк


Битцевский Панк


Битцевский Панк


Битцевский Панк
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #2750
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

In 2012 was finished reconstruction of "Avtovo" - the iconic station of the Saint Petersburg Metro.

"AVTOVO"

"Avtovo" is a station on the Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya Line 1 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. It located at the Avenue of Strikes, in the Avtovo Municipal Okrug, Kirovsky District.

The station was opened as part of the first Metro line on November 15, 1955. The station is named after historical area of Avtovo in which it located. This area is named after former Finnish village of Autova (Autovo) which mentioned at the Swedish maps of 17th century. According to popular opinion, this name is derived from Finnish word "autio" that means "uninhabited", "deserted". According to other version, this name is derived from one of Finnish names for "bear".

The architects of station were Yevgeny Levinson and Andrey Grushke. "Avtovo" is a shallow three-vaulted station of the column type (depth - 12 m). The decoration of station is devoted to the heroic Siege of Leningrad of 1941-1944.



Avtovo's unique and highly ornate design features columns faced with ornamental glass manufactured at the famous Leningrad Lomonosov Porcelain Factory. It was first similar case of using of glass as facing material. The famous chemist Nikolay Kachalov was consultant of architects. There was found method of preservation of glass from cracking. Although glass was originally supposed to be used on all 46 columns in the station, white marble was substituted on 30 columns due to time constraints. This marble was supposed to be temporary, but it has never been replaced due to Nikita Khrushchev's program of total economy. The walls are faced with white marble and adorned on the north side by a row of ornamental ventilation grilles. The station is illuminated with large chandeliers. At the end of the platform is a mosaic panel "Victory" by Viktor Voronetsky and Alexey Sokolov dedicated to the theme of the Leningrad Blockade during the WWII. Exit from station is located at the northern end.

In 2006-2007, due to construction of overpass near the station, "Avtovo" began to deform, waterproofing became inoperable, rusty stains and cracks began to appear at the track walls. For elimination of these effects, in 2007-2012 were made works for improving of waterproofing and restoration of the station. In 2007-2009 was improved waterproofing of the track walls with replacing of old marble. In 2010-2012 were held works for hydroisolation of ceiling, restoration the glass columns and chandeliers.

March 21, 2010. Metro station "Avtovo" during restoration:

Oleg777f

November 26, 2010. The improving of the waterproofing of ceiling:

4pet

December 31, 2011:

METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR

October 27, 2012:

METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv, Kot Behemot liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #2751
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR

November 14, 2012:

METRO-USSR

Among the other notable events of the last year are:
1) further installation of the elements of the New Information Space (including Info/SOS columns) at the stations;
2) modernization of the rolling stock;
3) etc.


P.S. In next posts I will write about plans for further development of the Saint Petersburg Metro.
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia, Kot Behemot liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #2752
teddybear
City Reformist
 
teddybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
Posts: 5,072
Likes (Received): 490

Looks good! But why is it so deep underground..
__________________
**From Surabaya With Love**
teddybear está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #2753
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
Looks good! But why is it so deep underground..
It's mainly due the geological difficulties (swamps). The upper layers of St. Petersburg soil are unstable.
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2754
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

Did they found funds for Rostov metro.It will be the only city over milion peoples to host fifa world cup without metro
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #2755
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by geometarkv View Post
Did they found funds for Rostov metro.
No. There are many plans, but no financial support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geometarkv View Post
It will be the only city over milion peoples to host fifa world cup without metro
The population of Volgograd is also little more than one million people (however, they have Metrotram system).

As for World Cup - FIFA requires the organization of the fast and effective transportation of fans to the stadiums in all host cities. But how this fast transportation will be organized - it's purpose of host cities. It doesn't means that Metro should be only way for solution of transport problem, it can be LRT, Bus Rapid Transport or river transport (in the case of Rostov-on-Don).

As I heard, according to UEFA's request, Polish authorities delayed construction of Warsaw Metro during Football Euro 2012 because the presence of large construction sites in the city would be uncomfortable for visitors.
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #2756
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

In my opinion FIFA World Cup is the only chance for Rostov to get a metro sistem soon and generaly for all cities to inprove their transportation infrastrucutre.
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #2757
XAN_
Registered User
 
XAN_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,034
Likes (Received): 760

But does Rostov really needs a metro? It will be enormous financial burden for the city, and Rostov isn't that big.
__________________
"I'm lost but still I know//There is another world"
-H. Kürsch, 1995
"Well, we all know there's no other side"
-H. Kürsch, 2002
XAN_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 12:43 AM   #2758
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 5,659
Likes (Received): 5778

Quote:
Originally Posted by geometarkv View Post
Did they found funds for Rostov metro.It will be the only city over milion peoples to host fifa world cup without metro
There are many such cities - Dallas 1994, Johannesburg 2010, etc.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #2759
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
There are many such cities - Dallas 1994, Johannesburg 2010, etc.
Dont care for that cities
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #2760
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 5,659
Likes (Received): 5778

They need to build more metros so folks can hide the next time Earth collides with something like what happened in Chelyabinsk.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
метро, kazan, metro, novosibirsk, samara, st. petersburg, subway, transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium