daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #2761
cecotto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 16
Likes (Received): 4

From Ekaterinburg
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post
cecotto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #2762
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

KALININGRAD TRAM

January 15, 2013. Alley of Brave People. The beginning of operation of PESA 121NaK tramcar №1201 (manufactured in November 2012) - the first 100%-low floor tramcar in Russia!

Diesellok

January 15, 2013. Terminal stop "Pool Street", tram route №5:


Diesellok
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post

Last edited by AlekseyVT; February 18th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #2763
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

January 15, 2013. Terminal stop "Pool Street", tram route №5:

Diesellok

January 15, 2013. Terminal stop "Pool Street", tram route №5:

Diesellok
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post

Last edited by AlekseyVT; February 18th, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #2764
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 5,668
Likes (Received): 5797

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
January 15, 2013. Terminal stop "Pool Street", tram route №5:
confused people live there:

Вот какой рассеянный с улицы бассейной
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2765
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
confused people live there:

Вот какой рассеянный с улицы бассейной
It was been written about man who lived at Leningrad (St. Petersburg) street of same name.

- Это что за полустанок? -
Закричал он спозаранок.
А с платформы говорят:
- Это город Ленинград.
__________________

geometarkv, Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM   #2766
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 5,668
Likes (Received): 5797

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
It was been written about a Leningrad (St. Petersburg) street of same name.

- Это что за полустанок? -
Закричал он спозаранок.
А с платформы говорят:
- Это город Ленинград.
The version I remember:

это что за остоновка
Бологое иль Поповка?

However, I do wonder if it's Pool Street or Basin Street, since Russian word for both is the same.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #2767
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
However, I do wonder if it's Pool Street or Basin Street, since Russian word for both is the same.
The above-mentioned street in Saint Petersburg (present-day Nekrasov Street) was named in the first third of 18th century due to location near artifical pools (ponds) in the end of Ligovsky Canal which supplied water to the fontains of Summer Garden. In the end of 19th century ponds were filled with ground, and there appeared Greek Garden (in Soviet years - Nekrasov Garden), that now called "Prudki" ("Little Ponds").

There is another street in St. Petersburg that called Basseynaya Street. But this street was built in 1950s and was named on July 14, 1954 because there were plans to built Southern Bypass Canal (basseyn) in this area.

As for Kaliningrad, above-mentioned street was named due to own location near the rivulet and pond.

So, I think that Pool Street is more correct translation in both cases (although there were no swimming pools).
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #2768
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 5,668
Likes (Received): 5797

You are a fountain of knowledge.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #2769
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
You are a fountain of knowledge.
Google is a "fountain of knowledge", not me
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #2770
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

KALININGRAD TRAM

January 29, 2013. Victory Square, tram route №5. The first 100%-low floor tramcar in Russia:

Diesellok

January 29, 2013. Terminal stop "Meat-packing plant", tram route №5:

Diesellok

January 29, 2013. Terminal stop "Meat-packing plant", tram route №5:

Diesellok

January 29, 2013. Terminal stop "Meat-packing plant", tram route №5:

Diesellok

January 29, 2013. October Street, tram route №5:

Diesellok
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #2771
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

KALININGRAD TRAM

January 11, 2013. Snowplow Gotha T57 №03 (manufactured in 1960 in East Germany, modified in 1970s at Kaliningrad Wagon Plant) at the Peace Avenue:

Diesellok

January 11, 2013. Snowplow Gotha T57 №03 at the Festival Alley:

Diesellok

January 11, 2013. Snowplow Gotha T57 №03 at the Lenin Avenue:

Diesellok

January 11, 2013. Snowplow Gotha T57 №03 and Tatra KT4SU tramcar №417 (manufactured in 1990) at the Peace Avenue:

Diesellok
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #2772
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

KALININGRAD TROLLEYBUS

February 12, 2013. BKM 420030 trolleybus №404 (manufactured in 2012 in Belarus) at the Lenin Avenue, trolleybus route №2:

Калининградский ПАДОНАК
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #2773
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

FURTHER DEVELOPMENT - 2013-2015:

In recent eight years, in Saint Petersburg were opened eight Metro stations - an average of one station per year. As a rule, launching of these stations symbolized end of realization of the late Soviet projects, which was started in the late-1980s or early-1990s, but was halted due to lack of funding and the emergency need to eliminate the aftermaths of the sadly famous accident with flooding of the tunnels between Metro stations "Lesnaya" and "Ploshchad Muzhestva" (Line 1) in 1995.

However, after end of above-mentioned long-term constructions, the opening of new stations is not expected in next 2 years. The opening of new segment is scheduled only in 2015-2016. During 2013-2015, there is planned to build exits from existing Metro stations "Spasskaya" (Line 4) and "Sportivnaya" (Line 5).



Urbanrail
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #2774
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE OWN VESTIBULE OF METRO STATION "SPASSKAYA"

The history of construction of this vestibule is closely connected with history of the square where it will be located.

Hay Square (from December 15, 1952 to October 4, 1991 - Peace Square) is a square in the centre of Saint Petersburg which located at the intersection of the Garden Street (some buildings numbered) and Moscow Avenue. In mid-18th century, St. Petersburg Construction Commission proposed the construction of an extensive square on this site, which was named Greater Square on August 31, 1739. But following the resolution of Commission for Stone Construction in St. Petersburg and Moscow in the 1760s, the dimensions of the square were reduced. The name of the Hay Square dates back to the late 18th century. This name was firstly mentioned in the newspaper of 1764 and comes from the goods sold here since 1737 (it fully translates as "Haymarket Square"). By analogy with the name of Émile Zola's great novel, Hay Square could be known as "The Belly of Petersburg" ("Le Ventre de Pétersbourg").

In 1753-1765, Assumption Church on Hay Square was constructed. Since 1743, many Orthodox merchants who traded at this square, repeatedly appealed to city officials with request about construction of church. They got permission for its construction in 1751. The first wooden church, Procession of Holy Cross, was moved to Hay Square from Vyborg Side across the Neva River in 1753. At the same time the foundation of the stone Assumption Church was laid not far from it (to a Rastrelliesque design which attributed to architect Andrey Kvasov), which was called the Saviour Church by tradition. This Baroque building with five domes and a graceful belfry was constructed in 1753-1761, on the land of tax-farmer Savva Yakovlev (1712-1784), who paid for the construction and transferred his parents' remains from Saint Sampson's Сemetery to the church crypt. The icons of the iconostasis were made by Mikhail Kolokolnikov. The church was consecrated on December 16, 1765. In 1816-1817, architect Luigi Rusca redesigned the belfry and the interiors. In 1822, the south side-altar (architect Avraam Melnikov) and in 1835 the north side-altar (architect Pavel Votsky) were consecrated. Concurrently, the vaults were painted by Stepan Bessonov. In 1867-1873, the domes and the top of the belfry were remodelled, their wooden structures were replaced with brick elements (architect Grigory Karpov). In 1897-1898, concrete vestibules were attached (architect Vasily Windelbrandt); and in 1902-1903, the lateral naves were extended (architect Ivan Yakovlev). The church, dominating the surrounding architecture, played an important role in сity planning. The Assumption Church treasured the revered Icon of Assumption of the Virgin Mary (18th century), held in a richly decorated frame. From 1873, the church oversaw a charitable society with a hospice and an orphanage school. The large building of Assumption Church with the distinctive dark-green jug-like domes, popularly known as the Saviour Church, used to dominate the surrounding district. The church boasted a high belfry of three storeys, a gilded icon screen, and many valuable items. Its parish was one of the richest in the city. It gave its name to Saviour Island (the central parcel of the downtown wedged between the Fontanka River, Moyka River, Griboyedov and Kryukov Canals) and Saviour Lane.

In 1818-1820 guardhouse was built opposite Assumption Church (#37 Garden Street, architect Vikenty Beretti). In the early 19th century, Hay Square was built up with stone houses, among which #39 Garden Street (late 18th - early 19th centuries, reconstructed in 1833 by architect Avraam Melnikov) stands out. Until the middle of the 19th century, the square was used as a public execution ground (so-called trade executions, which consisted of floggings and branding) for people found guilty of robbery, theft and fraud. In June 1831, a mass spontaneous rebellion, known as the Cholera Riot of 1831, took place on Hay Square. In the second half of the 19th century, a number of apartment houses were constructed and buildings of Hay Market appeared in the centre of the square (1883-1886, architect Ieronim Kitner, engineers German von Pauker and Otton Krell, not preserved).

The neighbouring area was populated by the poor (one of the terrible slum was "Vyazemskaya Lavra" - the complex of buildings on the lot between present-day Moscow Avenue, Yefimov Street and the Fontanka River, not preserved). The everyday life, morals and manners of their inhabitants were depicted by Russian writers Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1821-1881) and Vsevolod Krestovsky (1840-1895). In the 1910s, a tramway started running across Hay Square. In the 1920s, slums, taverns and dens surrounding the square were destroyed; in the 1930s, the square was reconstructed, buildings of Hay Market were taken down, the ground was paved with asphalt and planted with trees. In 1923, the Saviour Church on Hay Square became a cathedral. In 1938, the church was closed down and turned into a storehouse. The building survived the Joseph Stalin's period intact.

In 1941-1944, many houses in the area of the square were damaged by Nazi gun-fire and air bombing, the house at the corner of present-day Grivtsov Lane was destroyed. In the 1940s, the Column of Peace was installed (not preserved). In 1950, house #9 Hay Square was constructed (architect Mikhail Klimentov), buildings on the west side of the square were covered with a uniform facade. On December 15, 1952 this square was renamed into Peace Square as "a sign of the struggle of the people of the USSR for general and complete disarmament and world peace".

Assumption Church (Saviour Church) was blown up on February 1, 1961 at the height of Nikita Khrushchev's anti-religious campaign to free space for construction of Metro station "Ploshchad Mira" ("Peace Square"). Metro vestibule that was to replace it stands slightly to the north. It was built in 1961-1963 on Peace Square (now Hay Square) according to the project of architects Aron Getskin and Valentina Shuvalova. The Metro station "Ploshchad Mira" was opened on July 1, 1963. According to initial plans, its vestibule should to be build into building of future hotel. In 1981 there were plans to build it into planned building of Leningrad Air Terminal (for organization of bus routes to airport). However, these plans were never realized.

In late 1980s, there began construction of the two transfer Metro stations with planned names "Ploshchad Mira 2" ("Peace Square 2") and "Ploshchad Mira 3" ("Peace Square 3"). It's interesting that Metro station with planned name "Ploshchad Mira 3" was opened on December 30, 1991 as "Sadovaya" ("Garden") in the honour of nearest Garden Street while construction of planned Metro station "Ploshchad Mira 2" (present-day "Spasskaya") lasted during next 17 years. On October 4, 1991 the name of the square was changed again, back to Hay Square. On July 1, 1992 Metro station "Ploshchad Mira" ("Peace Square") was also renamed into "Sennaya Ploshchad" ("Hay Square"). On June 10, 1999, at 7:40 pm, the concrete canopy of its vestibule collapsed, killing seven people. This canopy was built as temporary decision before construction of the hotel. In order to avoid such tragedies in the future, in St. Petersburg were held works for strengthening or demolition of the canopies of the other Metro vestibules of similar design.

Since the early 1990s, an unlicensed market functioned on Hay Square (liquidated after the construction of the new Hay Market in 1998). In 1995, the designs for the reconstruction of Hay Square were approved, which envisioned rebuilding the Assumption Church (Saviour Church). In 2003, Hay Square was redeveloped, new trade buildings and fountain were constructed. The memorial chapel was built in 2003-2004 on the spot where the altar of the Assumption Church (Saviour Church) had once stood. This very small and plain-looking chapel was consecrated on March 19, 2005. Also, in 2003 there was installed "Tour de la Paix" - "Peace Tower" (artist - Clara Halter, architect - Jean-Michel Wilmotte) as peculiar gift of France for the 300th anniversary of St. Petersburg (2003). It was tall metallic stele (height - 18 m) on the both sides of which were fixed transparent semi-circular glass panels with the word "peace" in 50 languages. In the opinion of many residents and experts of art, this modern memorial looked out of place at this historic square. To their joy, glass panels at the "Peace Tower" were seriously cracked during anomalous heat of 2010 and the monument was removed out from Hay Square.

Currently city authorities have plans to restore square and Assumption Church (Saviour Church). It was found that old foundation pit of church was not destroyed, and it possible to use it for restoration of church.

Hay Square through the ages (excellent video )


"View of the Hay Square in Petersburg" (1800, artist - Benjamin Patersen):

Wikipedia

The project for reconstruction of the Hay Square with restoring of Assumption Church (Saviour Church):

save-sp-burg


save-sp-burg


save-sp-burg
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #2775
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"Spasskaya" ("Saviour") is the current western terminal station of Pravoberezhnaya Line 4 of Saint Petersburg Metro. The station is situated near Hay Square and intersection of the Garden Street and Yefimov Street, in the Sennoy Municipal Okrug, Admiralteysky District. It is part of the first three-way transfer node in the Saint Petersburg Metro (so-called "SSS") that also includes Metro stations "Sennaya Ploshchad" (Line 2) and "Sadovaya" (Line 5).

"Spasskaya" was opened on March 7, 2009. It is named after demolished Assumption Church (Saviour Church), nearest Saviour Lane and Saviour Island at which it located. Its project name was "Ploshchad Mira 2" ("Peace Square 2") due to former name of the square near which it located.

The construction of Metro station "Spasskaya" lasted about 20 years, since the end of 1980s. The construction of the first tunnel between future Metro stations "Dostoyevskaya" and "Spasskaya" was started in 1989. The station was planned to be opened in 1995, but its opening was rescheduled on many years due to lack of funding. The station was scheduled to open on December 20, 2008, but its opening was rescheduled on March 7, 2009 because of last-minute repairs to station's transfer escalators. For the first time in St. Petersburg Metro, in the each of two transfer corridor between "Spasskaya" and two other stations were installed four escalators which were made according to the design of Viktor Khristich (General Director of LLC "Constructor"). However, these escalators have many technical disadvantages in design. As result, the opening of station was rescheduled because "Rostekhnadzor" (Federal Service for Ecological, Technological and Nuclear Supervision) could not give permission for operation of dangerous escalators. From the first days of its operation, these escalators become sadly famous due to high level of noise and vibration during exploitation. On April 2, 2010, after one year since opening of station, there were broken 3 of 4 escalators in the transfer corridor between Metro stations "Spasskaya" and "Sadovaya". As result, the transfer from "Sadovaya" to "Spasskaya" was closed, and only one escalator operated for transfer in the opposite direction. After one month, on May 13, 2010, there was broken one escalator in the transfer corridor between Metro stations "Sennaya Ploshchad" and "Spasskaya". As result, this transfer also operated only in one direction. There was organized difficult scheme of transfer what led to the big overcrowding of the transfer node. This problem was been solved only on February 12, 2011, after end of repairment works. For this reason, Khristich's escalators were contemptuously nicknamed "Khristolators" ("Christolators").

March 7, 2009. The sadly famous "Khristolators":


The scheme of operation of transfer node "SSS" during repairment of "Khristolators" (May 13, 2010 - February 12, 2011):

Wikipedia

July 30, 2011. Four of eight "Khristolators":

Битцевский панк

The architects of the station were Yevgeny Rapoport (project leader), Vladimir Khozatsky and Viktoriya Morozova. "Spasskaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the pylon type (depth - 61 m). The pylons and track walls of the station are faced with polished dark-yellow Greek travertine. The floor is paved with grey and black granite. The decoration of Metro station "Spasskaya" is devoted to the architecture of St. Petersburg. Previously there were plans to decorate this station with images of destroyed Assumption Church (Saviour Church) and other famous churches which were demolished by Soviet authorities. However, according to decision of the administration of the Saint Petersburg Metro, the theme of demolished churches was replaced with new variant dedicated to the three centuries of the architecture of St. Petersburg. The station is decorated with two mosaic panels (artists - Sergey Repin, Vasily Sukhov, Ivan Uralov and Nikita Fomin). One mosaic panel named "Architecture of Petersburg" is located opposite the future exit to the city. It depicts triumphal column with Corinthian capital and stone disk with names of the great Russian and foreign architects who worked in Saint Petersburg. However, after opening it was found that decorators made ​​few mistakes and inaccuracies in the spelling of the names of these architects. Also, there is depicted opened gates with decorative elements of the St. Petersburg buildings. The another mosaic panel is located near transfer to Metro station "Sadovaya". Its composition is close to the first mosaic panel, but its central element is closed gates.

March 5, 2009. The mosaic panels at the Metro station "Spasskaya":

Igor Vanin


Igor Vanin

March 5, 2009. The location of the future exit:

Igor Vanin

April 9, 2010. Metro station "Spasskaya":

Битцевский панк


Битцевский панк

December 29, 2011:

Битцевский панк
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #2776
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

The station does not have a ground-level vestibule or a connecting escalator. Passengers have to go to one of two transfer stations in order to exit to the city. The transfer to Metro station "Sadovaya" is located in the northern end of platform, to Metro station "Sennaya Ploshchad" - in the southern end. The preparation works for construction of escalator tunnel began in October 2010. The construction of the foundation pit for escalator tunnel began in February 2011 at the place of former car parking. The construction of the escalator tunnel began on April 2, 2012 with using of TBM "Aurora" ("Herrenknecht EPB Shield"). It was finished on June 3, 2012.

However, Metro builders faced with administrative problem. The matter is that city authorities have plans for reconstruction of the Hay Square. There are plans to restore Assumption Church (Saviour Church) which was demolished in 1961. However, many residents of St. Petersburg question the need for the restoration of this church. According to their opinion, new church would not have any historical or cultural value. Moreover, its building would lead to traffic jams. Currently there are no common opinion among St. Petersburg residents on this issue.

Also, city authorities have plans to build another trade store "PIK-2" and to rebuild existing vestibule of Metro station "Sennaya Ploshchad" (constructed in 1961-1963). The planned vestibule, combined for Metro stations "Spasskaya" and "Sennaya Ploshchad" is planned to be build into ground floor of future trade store "PIK-2". However, the construction of this trade store is not started yet. That's why it's not clear - how combined vestibule of Metro stations "Spasskaya" and "Sennaya Ploshchad" should to be built? The project of combined Metro vestibule is not ready yet. Its construction depends from general plans for reconstruction of square. As an option, it was proposed to build temporary vestibule of Metro station "Spasskaya" which would be operate before beginning of the reconstruction of the square. However, it would be not wise to construct temporary vestibule which would be demolished after 1-2 years.

That is why there are no clear plans for further construction works.

October 24, 2010. The preparation works for construction of own vestibule:

karhu

October 28, 2010:

karhu


karhu

February 16, 2011:

USSR Man
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #2777
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

February 14, 2011. The beginning of construction of the foundation pit for escalator tunnel:

USSR Man

March 16, 2011:

Urban

September 5, 2011:

USSR Man

November 30, 2011:

USSR Man

December 13, 2011:

USSR Man
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #2778
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

April 2, 2012:

karhu

June 27, 2012:

Сергей Яковлев


Сергей Яковлев

November 21, 2012:

METRO-USSR


METRO-USSR
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #2779
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

January 5, 2013:

Gleb


Gleb

February 10, 2013. The escalator tunnel:

71-153

The future corridor to the Metro station "Spasskaya":

71-153
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #2780
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

In 2015 second vestibule of Metro station "Sportivnaya" is scheduled to be opened.

"SPORTIVNAYA"

"Sportivnaya" ("Sportive") is a station on the Frunzensko-Primorskaya Line 5 of the Saint Petersburg Metro. The station is located near intersection of the Greater Avenue of Petrograd Side and Dobrolyubov Avenue, in the Vvedensky Municipal Okrug, Petrogradsky District. "Sportivnaya" was opened on September 15, 1997 as temporary part of the Pravoberezhnaya Line 4. On March 7, 2009 it was transferred to the newly-formed Line 5.

The station is named due to its location in close proximity to two major sport objects of Saint Petersburg - Petrovsky Stadium and "Yubileiny" ("Jubilee") Sports Palace. The station closes during and immediately after the home football matches, mostly due to apprehension over riot damage. Its project names were "Olimpiyskaya" ("Olympic") and "Tuchkov Most" ("Tuchkov Bridge") - in the honour of Tuchkov Bridge which located nearby. The station is also located within walking distance of Peter and Paul Fortress.

The Petrovsky Stadium is a sport complex that consists of a number of sport buildings. One of them is the Grand Sport Arena which is the home of FC "Zenit" Saint Petersburg and for simplicity referred by everyone as Petrovsky Stadium. The complex also contains another football stadium, Minor Sport Arena (MSA). MSA of Petrovsky in 2008 was used by several teams that compete in lower professional leagues: FC "Dynamo" Saint Petersburg, FC "Zenit-2" Saint Petersburg and FC "Sever" Murmansk. The whole complex is located on the Petrograd Side in central St. Petersburg on Petrovsky Island, an island in the Little Neva River connected to the adjacent Krestovsky and Petrogradsky islands through bridges. The first wooden stadium at this location was built in 1924-1925 according to the project of Czech architect Alois Vejvoda. Its construction was finished on June 26, 1925. Prior to 1992, it was known as Lenin Stadium. It was reconstructed in 1933 (the seating capacity increased from 10.000 to 25.000). During the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 an artillery battery was situated on the training ground with a military unit in the locker room. In September, 1942 the Leningrad field-and-track championship was held on the stadium. During the war the wooden grandstands were partly burnt, partly dismantled for firewood. In 1957-1961 stadium went through major reconstruction (architects Nikolay Baranov, Oleg Guryev and Viktor Fromzel), the largest one before the 1980 Summer Olympics. At that time the capacity was 33.000 seats. In 1978 the stadium was reconstructed for 1980 Summer Olympics (architect Stanislav Odnovalov, Nina Balazh, engineer M. Khristiansen). The stadium has received world recognition since hosting the Goodwill Games in 1994. At that time, after a major reconstruction the seating capacity was changed to a more comfortable design with 21.725 seats (architect Stanislav Odnovalov). All seats are made of weather-proof durable plastic. Seats have different colour, depending on the seating section and proximity to the pit. During preparations to Goodwill Games, in 1994 was built Minor Sport Arena (MSA) with capacity of 2.835 seats. FC "Zenit" Saint Petersburg are currently based at Petrovsky Stadium where they play home their games. The sport arena consists of a football field, a 400-meter racing track and field facilities. Aside from sporting events, the stadium has been a popular place for entertainment, music concerts and festivals. Several gyms, a hotel, and other facilities are available.

"Yubileiny" Sports Palace (also translated as "Yubileiny" ("Jubilee") Palace of Sports, is an indoor sports arena and concert complex located in Saint Petersburg. The complex was completed in 1967 as a present from the Federation of Trade Unions to the city on the 50th anniversary of Soviet power (architects - Grigory Morozov, Ivan Suslikov, Alexander Levkhanyan and Feliks Yakovlev, engineer - Alexey Morozov). The Palace hosts a wide variety of activities, including athletic training and competitions, conventions, festivals, and musical concerts. Reconstructed in 2007-2009, it houses 7.012 seats for ice hockey and up to 7.700 seats for basketball. It is accessible from Metro station "Sportivnaya". The arena is the home venue of basketball club "Spartak" Saint Petersburg, hosting both the men's and women's teams games. The "Yubileiny" Sports Palace's ice rink is home to the "Yubileiny" Sport Club, a prominent training center for figure skating. It is also referred to as Specialized Children and Youth Sports Schools of the Olympic Reserve of the St. Petersburg. During the 1990s, the rink often had poor-quality ice and other problems, resulting in limited training time even for the 1994 Olympic champion, Alexey Urmanov. Conditions improved in the next decade. Coaches have included Alexey Mishin, Igor Moskvin and Tamara Moskvina, while skaters who have trained there include: Natalya Mishkutenok and Artur Dmitriyev (1992 Olympic Champions; two-time 1991 and 1992 World Champions; two-time 1991 and 1992 European Champions), Oksana Kazakova and Artur Dmitriyev (1998 Olympic Champions and 1996 European Champions), Yelena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze (2002 Olympic Champions; two-time 1998 and 1999 World Champions; two-time 1998 and 2001 European Champions), Yuko Kavaguti and Alexander Smirnov (2010 European Champions; 2009 and 2010 World bronze medalists), Alexey Urmanov (1994 Olympic Champion and 1997 European Champion), Alexey Yagudin (2002 Olympic Champion; four-time 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2002 World Champion; three-time 1998, 1999 and 2002 European Champion), Yevgeny Plushchenko (2006 Olympic Champion; three-time 2001, 2003 and 2004 World Champion; seven-time 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2012 European Champion), Artur Gachinsky (2011 World bronze medalist and 2012 European silver medalist), Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva (2013 European bronze medalist).

July 22, 2012. Petrovsky Stadium:

alaft

July 22, 2012. "Yubileiny" Sports Palace:

alaft

The station was designed by Alexander Konstantinov, Valerian Volonsevich and O. Kuznetsov. "Sportivnaya" is Russia's first double-decked station. It's deep-level single-vaulted station with planned cross-platform transfer (depth - 64 m). It's planned to have transfer to the future Ring Line, but construction of this line is not started yet. Its lower floor serves the southbound trains while the upper floor serves the northbound ones. When Ring Line will be launched, each floor will be serve trains going in same direction. Due to the fact that Metro stations of this construction are very sensitive to vibration from passing trains, track ways at the upper floor are placed on gravel bed. That's why there are no traditional security trays under track ways. The floors are connected by two escalators, one of which is closed due to lack of necessary passenger traffic. The main theme of station's decor is a history of Olympic movement. The track walls of upper floor and columns of lower floor are faced with white marble, track walls of lower floor - with red marble. The floors are paved with white granite. The wall in the end upper floor is decorated with text of the "Ode to Sport" (1912) by Pierre de Frédy, Baron de Coubertin (1863-1937); the wall in the end of lower floor is decorated with mosaic panel which depicts ancient runners (artist - Alexander Bystrov). The track walls of lower floor are decorated with mosaic panels with portraits of Ancient athletes. Above the ways of upper floor are installed hanging lamps that imitated the Olympic torches. In 2010 mercury-vapor lamps were replaced with sodium-vapor lamps.

The upper floor is linked to the station's only exit, which leads to south-eastern side of Petrogradsky Island. The underground vestibule is also decorated with mosaic panels on sport theme (artist - Alexander Bystrov). There is located big mosaic panel "Olympic Flame" above escalator tunnel. The ceiling above escalator tunnel is illuminated by "Greek" light fixtures. It consist of caissons. The walls of vestibule are decorated with mosaic medallions which depicts scenes from the Ancient Olympic Games.



May 11, 2009. The vestibule of Metro station "Sportivnaya":

Битцевский панк

May 11, 2009. The mosaic panel "Olympic Flame" in the vestibule:

Битцевский панк


Link

February 19, 2011. The mosaic medallion at the wall of vestibule:

Битцевский панк

The plan of Metro station "Sportivnaya":

Wikipedia
__________________

Rail_Serbia, geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
метро, kazan, metro, novosibirsk, samara, st. petersburg, subway, transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium