daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #3241
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

On January 22, 2013 was changed exterior of the special train named "Aquarelle". Nowadays this train is covered from outside by landscapes and still lifes that were created by People Artist of Russia Sergey Andriyaka.

The "Aquarelle" train which known as a picture gallery on wheels operates on the Line 3 since June 1, 2007. Its first exposition was based on the paintings of People Artist of Russia Sergey Andriyaka (15 works) and his students (30 works). This exposition was replaced on May 13, 2009 by reproductions of the 35 aquarelles from the collection of Russian Museum in St. Petersburg. On May 12, 2010 the exposition was changed again. The third exposition was based on the 35 works from collection of the Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts in Moscow. The next exposition was presented in the night 14/15 May, 2011 during celebrations dedicated to the 76th anniversary of Moscow Metro. It was based on the works from collection of the regional Vyatka Art Museum named after Viktor Vasnetsov and Apollinary Vasnetsov in Kirov. On May 11, 2012 it was replaced with fifth exposition based on 35 aquarelle paintings from the famous Tretyakov Gallery in Moscow. On September 6, 2012 there was opened next exposition based on drawings and graphic works from collection of the Panorama Museum "Battle of Borodino". It was dedicated to the 200th anniversary of the Russian Victory over Napoleon's Grande Armée in the Patriotic War of 1812.

September 6, 2012. The previous exterior of the special train "Aquarelle":

Ridus

January 22, 2013. The new exterior:

crystallex


crystallex


crystallex


crystallex


crystallex


crystallex
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #3242
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


crystallex


crystallex


crystallex


crystallex


crystallex


crystallex
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #3243
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

On May 14, 2013 at Metro station "Partizanskaya" ("Partisans"; Line 3; opened on January 18, 1944) was presented the new exposition of the special train "Aquarelle".

The new exposition is based on works from collection of the Ryazan State Regional Art Museum named after Ivan Pozhalostin (founded in 1913). Change of the exposition was confined to the 78th anniversary of Moscow Metro (opened on May 15, 1935) and to the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Ryazan State Regional Art Museum named after Ivan Pozhalostin.

Deputy Chief of Moscow Metro for Property and Land Relations and Communications Vladimir Pogonin and Director of the Ryazan State Regional Art Museum Marina Kotova participated in a solemn ceremony of the startup of the train and spoke with an opening speeches. The exposition of the Ryazan State Regional Art Museum named after Ivan Pozhalostin is the seventh exposition in this unique train. Specially for the "Aquarelle" train, museum experts picked out 35 works of art, representing the most outstanding examples of the collection of Russian and Western European art. In the renewed train the passengers are have an opportunity to see the paintings and drawings of 17th – early 20th century: the works of Francesco Guardi (1712-1793), Alexey Venetsianov (1780-1847), Eugène Isabey (1803-1886), Nikolay Ivanov (1816-1891), Ivan Aivazovsky (1817-1900), Alexey Savrasov (1830-1897), Ivan Shishkin (1832-1898), Ilya Repin (1844-1930), Vladimir Makovsky (1846-1920), Vasily Surikov (1848-1916), Mikhail Vrubel (1856-1910), Isaak Levitan (1860-1900), Wassily Kandinsky (1866-1944), Nicholas Roerich (1874-1947), Boris Kustodiev (1878-1927) and other prominent artists.




m24


kkt62


m24


m24


kkt62
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:30 AM   #3244
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


kkt62


kkt62


kkt62


kkt62


kkt62
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #3245
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

On June 14, 2013 the large fresco "Folk festival in Kiev" was reopened after restoration at Metro station "Kievskaya" ("Kiev"; Line 3; opened on April 5, 1953).

"Kievskaya" ("Kiev"), named for the nearby Kiev Rail Terminal, is a station on the Line 3 of the Moscow Metro. It's located under Square of Kiev Rail Terminal, near the intersection of Kiev Street and 2nd Bryansk Lane, in the Dorogomilovo District, Western Administrative Okrug. From this station it's possible to transfer to Metro station "Kievskaya" ("Kiev"; opened on March 20, 1937) on the Line 4 and Metro station "Kievskaya" ("Kiev"; opened on March 14, 1954) on the Ring Line 5. For half a century "Kievskaya" was the western terminus of the Line 3, yet the 2003 extension to Metro station "Park Pobedy" ("Victory Park"; opened on May 6, 2003) prevented the record from being established further.

It's interesting that in the 1950s all designs for new Metro stations were presented for approval to the Moscow Party Committee. Nikita Khrushchev (who was then first secretary of the Communist Party, but had a particular interest in the Ukraine) did not like the design of Metro station "Kievskaya" (Line 3), which he thought did not "express the Ukraine", but it was approved nevertheless.

The architects of station were L. Lilye, V. Litvinov, M. Markovsky and V. Dobrokovsky. "Kievskaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the pylon type (depth - 38 m). Opened on April 5, 1953, it is lavishly decorated in the quasi-baroque style that predominated in the early 1950s. The track walls are faced with white Ural marble "Koelga". Light comes from a row of hexagonal chandeliers. The floor is paved with grey Yantsevo granite. The square pylons are faced with white Ural marble "Koelga" and elaborately patterned ceramic tile with Ukranian pattern. The plastered ceiling is decorated with a series of frescoes by various artists depicting life in Ukraine. On the platform side the pylons bear frescoes with flowers. A large fresco at the western end of the platform commemorates the 300th anniversary of the reunification of Russia and Ukraine as a result of the Treaty of Pereyaslav (January 18, 1654). It depicts celebration of people in the Ukrainian national costumes near the Monument to Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky (c. 1595–1657) at the St. Sophia Square in Kiev.

At the morning on October 2, 2010, as a result of leakage of groundwaters and bad waterproofing, there collapsed large part (about 10 sq.m.) of fresco at the western end of platform. It took about 2.5 years to restore it. The wide-ranged restoration process took almost 1.5 years. The specialists began with soil compaction and repairing of water- and metalproofing layers. Afterwards they were joined by experts from LLC "Tvorcheskiye masterskie (creative workshops) "Kitezh", who were also involved into restoration works at Metro stations "Mayakovskaya" and "Novoslobodskaya". The representatives of "Moskomnasledie" (Moscow Cultural Heritage Department) controlled the whole process. During restoration works, it was discovered that original fresco was previously restored not once. In order to simplify work, previous restorators either changed or cleaned some details at the fresco (for example, the original pink colour of the dress of little girl at front row was replaced with red colour, the figure of old man at back row was cleaned, etc). As a result, the picture became some different from original image. During recent restoration works, the original picture was restored.

There are also plans for restoration of all remaining 48 picturesque frescoes at Metro station "Kievskaya". The frescoes are to be cleaned, the soil and the painting layer is to be compacted and the cracks are to be plastered. Specialists are going to restore the lost fragments and fretwork.

1950s. The original image:

keetezh

February 25, 2008. The large fresco "Folk festival in Kiev" at the western end of platform:

Битцевский панк

February 21, 2010. Metro station "Kievskaya":

Битцевский панк

October 4, 2010. The damaged fresco was hidden behind the false wall:

alex_avr
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:35 AM   #3246
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

December 11, 2010. The damaged fresco:

Vlad

January 10, 2011:

moya-moskva


moya-moskva


moya-moskva


moya-moskva


moya-moskva
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:36 AM   #3247
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

December 10, 2012. The restoration of fresco in the creative workshops "Kitezh":

keetezh

April 2, 2013. The restoration of fresco in the creative workshops "Kitezh":

ru-metro


ru-metro


ru-metro
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #3248
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094



June 14, 2013. The reopening of fresco after restoration:

ru-metro

July 24, 2013:

moya-moskva


moya-moskva


moya-moskva
__________________

geometarkv, QN liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #3249
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

On January 27, 2013, on the 69th anniversary of the lifting of the Siege of Leningrad of 1941-1944, there was opened memorial desk dedicated to great Russian mosaicist Vladimir Frolov (1874-1942) at Metro station "Novokuznetskaya" (Line 2; opened on November 20, 1943).

"Novokuznetskaya" is a Moscow Metro station on the Line 2. The station is located near the intersection of Pyatnitskaya Street and St. Clement Lane, in the Zamoskvorechye District, Central Administrative Okrug. It's named after Novokuznetskaya Street (New Blacksmith Street) which located nearby. Construction of the station began shortly after the launch of the second stage in 1938. The station was opened on November 20, 1943. Later in 1970 the platform was lengthened. This part is in a more modern style than the rest of the station.

"Novokuznetskaya" is a deep-level three-vaulted station of the pylon type (depth - 37.5 m). Its ground-level vestibule is located between Pyatnitskaya Street and New Blacksmith Street, north of its intersections with St. Clement Lane. The ground-level vestibule is a massive rotunda with colonnade round the whole perimeter and a flattish dome. It was designed by Vladimir Gelfreich and Igor Rozhin (who won Stalin Prize of 1st class for their design) with the participation of L. Shagurina and G. Tosunov. The ground-level ticket hall is faced with grey Ufaley marble and adorned by bas-reliefs (sculptor - Georgy Motovilov). The flattish dome decorated on the inside with the "Parade of athletes" mosaic by Vladimir Frolov.

The architects of station were Ivan Taranov and Nadezhda Bykova (married couple). The station honors the Soviet fighting men with its heavy ornamentation. The main architectural accent was on the archways between the supports, which are not usually the object of much attention in pylon-type construction. They were given powerful portals of Prokhoro-Balandinsky marble, which lend the squat archways a heightened solemnity. Massive marble benches with high backs and consol armrests were placed on either side of them. These benches appeared at the station by the suggestion of Ivan Zholtovsky, who was consultant of architects. The benches lining the platform were made from white Ural marble, although some myth-makers sure that these benches were made from Carrara marble and were removed from the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour before it was demolished on December 5, 1931. Niches of pylons beyond the benches are lined with original pink Armenian marble. The pylons are decorated with bas-reliefs running along the base of the ceiling depicting the soldiers of the Red Army in combat (sculptors - Alexey Zelensky, Nikolay Tomsky, Saul Rabinovich and Nikolay Shtamm). Here are represented soldiers and officers of different branches of combat arms - communication specialists, pilots, tankers, infantrymen, mariners, cavalrymen. All of them either are planning operations or go into attack, but no one is retreating. They alternate with distinguished service Orders of the Great Patriotic War.

From the side platforms pink and white marble pylons are decorated with cast-bronze portraits of Russian war heroes - Alexander Nevsky (с. 1220-1263), Dmitry Donskoy (1350-1389), Kuzma Minin (? - 1616), Dmitry Pozharsky (1577-1642), Alexander Suvorov (1730-1800) and Mikhail Kutuzov (1745-1813). While the marble pylons from the side platforms are decorated with cast-bronze portraits of historical Russian heroes, the walls of the central hall have similar bronze shields with flags and an inscription dedicated to the defenders of USSR.

The longitudinal axis is emphasised by the line of bronze standart lamps in the middle of hall. Bronze floor lamps, long since replaced with more up-to-date lighting in other Metro stations, still give "Novokuznetskaya" an atmosphere of brooding shadow. The racks and stands of floor lamps are decorated with dark patterned Almalyk limestone from Uzbekistan and red Shrosha limestone from Georgia. The mosaic floor of station is lined with white Prokhoro-Balandinsky marble with inserts from dark-grey Karkodinsky marble from Ural Region and black Horvirapsky marble from Armenia. Next year after opening, in 1944, there was added marble mosaic panel in the end of central hall (artist - B. Pokrovsky). The main theme of this mosaic panel - "The front and rear in our country are united in a single fighting camp". At the right side of panel are depicted the soldiers of Red Army, at the left side - workers of Rear Services. On January 3, 1971 there was opened new transfer station "Novokuznetskaya", that now is "Tretyakovskaya" (Line 6), and this mosaic was moved on few metres, to the transfer passage.

The vault of station "Novokuznetskaya" was decorated at same style like a vault of Valerius' Tomb in Rome. Its decorations includes six hexagonal ceiling mosaics (another one has been installed on the ceiling of ground-level vestibule of station) that were made from sketches of the renowned painter Alexander Deyneka. This smalt magic was assembled almost blindly in a cold wet basement at the light of a self-made lamp that smoked badly burning precious kerosene. Under the blind sky of the besieged Leningrad. At the most terrible time - in winter 1941/1942. Smallish and not really outstanding panels were assembled by the most prominent Russian mosaicist Vladimir Frolov. Passangers of the Metro could already enjoy his work: it's his airplane wings blazing in the sky of "Mayakovskaya".

Vladimir Frolov was a great Russian author and mosaicist, a son of artist Alexander Frolov. He was born in 1874 at St. Petersburg and lived in this city during all period of own life. The first Russian private workshop of mosaic art was founded by his grandfather and father in 1890. In 1893 Vladimir Frolov joined to family business, in 1900 he became head of workshop. The major work of Frolov's workshop was the decoration of the Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood that was built in 1883-1907 on the site where Russian Emperor Alexander II (1818-1881) was assassinated. This famous church was almost entirely decorated by the Frolov's workshop in 1895-1907. The Church contains over 7500 square metres of mosaics - according to its restorers, more than any other church in the world. Apart from it, Frolov's workshop took part in the decoration of churches as well as apartment houses and mansions in St. Petersburg, Moscow and other cities.

In 1918, after October Revolution, Frolov's workshop was closed. The mosaic as "religious art" was outlawed. Frolov couldn't continue to make mosaic works for 10 years. However, in 1929 he was invited by great Russian architect Alexey Shchusev (1873-1949) for mosaic decoration of Lenin's Mausoleum (1929-1930) at Red Square in Moscow. In 1929, according to decree of Leningrad Council, Vladimir Frolov was forced to move from own apartment into devastated mosaic workshop of the Academy of Arts where he created his last works. Under his leadership, mosaic workshop was raised on new level. The most famous Frolov's works of the Soviet period became mosaic panels for Metro station "Mayakovskaya" ("Vladimir Mayakovsky"; Line 2; opened on September 11, 1938) - the iconic station of Moscow Metro. The 35 ceiling mosaics (including one lost) were created by Vladimir Frolov in cooperation with great Russian painter Alexander Deyneka (1899-1969) with the theme "24-Hour Soviet Sky". A passenger can look up and see the bright Soviet future right above him. It was Frolov who chose Deyneka with his airplanes out of the candidates, proposed by great Russian architect Alexey Dushkin (1904-1977). Dushkin proposed five or six contemporary artists, went with them to the mosaic workshop in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg). He wanted to consult Frolov who wasn't only a brilliant mosaicist, but he was related to powerful Russian artistic dynasties, such as Benois and Lanceray and was married to a Benois.

Before beginning of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, Vladimir Frolov and his colleagues started to work on the mosaic panels for another Moscow Metro station. Of course, after "Mayakovskaya", it could have become routine work, but it turned out fatal. On June 22, 1941 Nazi troops invaded into Soviet Union. Life in Moscow was rough, but that couldn't compare to living in besieged Leningrad. The city was completely cut off from the rest of the country, the winters were freezing (especially in 1941), but the worst thing was hunger. Everything the people of Leningrad got was 125 grams of rye bread a day! The huge windows of the mosaic workshop of the Academy of Arts in Leningrad were smashed in during air rads and boarded up. It was dark and cold. No warmer than 7 degrees in November. People felt physically exhausted. Only three craftsmen were left in workshop with Frolov. Then he was left alone but continued to work like mad on his mosaic panels. The mosaic workshop had one of the richest collections of smalt in the world – more than 18 thousand tones. To add just one little fragment, a piece of the mosaic for a panel that includes thousands of them, it should be first chipped from a large piece of smalt with a hammer that weighs over 1 kg. And so on, not to speak about color selection. In the dark. All shades have names, but also numbers. Vladimir Frolov knew the shade numbers perfectly. It certainly made the work easier. It's can imagine how slowly the process went on: with frozen hands, in a subconscious state, having nothing to eat, in the cold, and so on... He worked extremely slowly. The work become a sense of his life in these terrible times. Back in August 1941, Frolov asked the city authorities to evacuate his smalt collection. But they evacuated neither the smalt nor Frolov. Then, in December 1941, Frolov asked the city administration as to provide him with 15 liters of kerosene to light his workshop and continue work. 15 liters of kerosene for 18.000 shades of smalt!

In January 1942 all the panels for the Moscow were ready. He completed his last mission and could leave with a clear conscience. On February 3, 1942, the great mosaicist Academician Frolov died. May be that he passed out because he finished his work and sent out the packages. Vladimir Frolov was buried on the Smolensk Cemetery of the Decembrists Island at St. Petersburg near the great Russian illustrator and stage designer Ivan Bilibin (1876-1942), in the mass grave of professors of the Academy of Arts that starved during the Siege of Leningrad.

The mosaics were taken out of Leningrad over Lake Ladoga. In August 1943, the last mosaics by Frolov brought from the besieged Leningrad were installed on the ceiling of Metro station "Novokuznetskaya". Architect of "Novokuznetskaya", Nadezhda Bykova, didn't want to see those mosaics at this station, but she didn't have time to prevent this decision. They look out of place there, because they were actually made for another station - "Paveletskaya" ("Pavelets"; Line 2; opened on November 20, 1943), designed by the brothers Vesnin. The stations were designed before the war and built in the war time. Structures of "Paveletskaya" were lost in occupied Dnipropetrovsk, and they made a new project without mosaics. No one expected to get them from the besieged Leningrad. The flying trains and noisy tractors found a shelter at the cozy and quiet "Novokuzneskaya". All six compositions illustrate people working in peacetime. They are arranged on the same principle as the mosaics at Metro station "Mayakovskaya", replacing the sky concealed by tons of earth overhead.

Prior to 2000s, the story of Vladimir Frolov was famous only to specialists. However, it became widely known after releasing of documentary film "Soviet Empire. Part 11: Metro" (2009) by Yelizaveta Listova. After that, then-Chief of Moscow Metro Dmitry Gayev and then-Governor of St. Petersburg Valentina Matvienko promised to open memorial desk to Vladimir Frolov at Metro station "Novokuznetskaya". It was made at mosaic workshop of the Academy of Arts where Frolov worked until his death. This memorial desk was ready in 2010, but it was closed by the box with scheme of Moscow Metro. There were plans to open it in May 2010 (to commemorate 65th anniversary of the Soviet Victory in WWII) with participation of Dmitry Gayev and Yelizaveta Listova, but these plans were not realized. Finally, memorial desk was opened on January 27, 2013, on the 69th anniversary of the lifting of the Siege of Leningrad of 1941-1944. There depicted mosaic portrait of Vladimir Frolov and lights of projectors of the Air Defense near the Peter and Paul Fortress in St. Petersburg.

The documentary film "Soviet Empire. Part 11: Metro" (2009, author - Yelizaveta Listova):



TV report about Vladimir Frolov (April 19, 2009):


February 2, 2013. Metro station "Novokuznetskaya":

dr-kitaetsc

The mosaic panels at Metro station "Novokuznetskaya". Looking at these mosaics, it's impossible to guess where, when and in what conditions they were made.

1) "Gardeners":

deineka

2) "Steelworkers":

deineka

3) "Mechanical engineers":

deineka

4) "Builders":

deineka

5) "Aviators":

deineka

6) "Skiers":

deineka

7) Seventh mosaic panel - "Parade of athletes" has been installed at the dome of ground-level vestibule of station:

deineka

The mosaic portrait of Vladimir Frolov (1874-1942) at the memorial desk:

Вадим М

"At this station are placed mosaics that were made in besieged Leningrad at the mosaic workshop of the All-Russian Academy of Arts under leadership of Professor Vladimir Alexandrovich Frolov":

sadalskij
__________________

geometarkv, QN liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:42 AM   #3250
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

In the end of year in Moscow Metro were realized some projects dedicated to the coming 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi that will be open on February 7, 2014.

On October 9, 2013 the part of the Moscow stage of 2014 Winter Olympics torch relay was held in Moscow Metro. The blind Russian-Georgian popular singer and Ambassador of "Sochi 2014" Diana Gurtskaya and Metro train driver Andrey Ulyanov (who received the Order For Merit to the Fatherland of 2nd class for saving passengers' lives when a section of tunnel fell onto a Metro train on March 19, 2006) were torchbearers in the Moscow Metro. The Olympic flame was carried in the special lamp on the Line 3 from Metro station "Slavyansky Bulvar" ("Slavic Boulevard"; opened on September 7, 2008) to neighboring Metro station "Park Pobedy" ("Victory Park"; opened on May 6, 2003) - the deepest Metro station in Moscow. The keepers of Olympic flame were greeted by the workers of Moscow Metro. Acting Head of the Moscow Metro Alexander Yershov and Diana Gurtskaya made a welcome speech and wished Russian athletes the most striking and memorable victories in the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games. "With unabashed joy we note the fact that one of the first stops of this amazing journey of the Olympic Flame across the illimitable spaces of Russia is in the Moscow Metro. Now the Olympic Flame is at the depth of 84 meters! This is the deepest point in Moscow that anybody could freely visit!" - said Alexander Yershov in his speech. After the meeting on Metro station "Park Pobedy", which was one of the closing stages of the Moscow Relay, the Olympic flame continued its journey to the capital of the 2014 Winter Olympics.




Sochi2014


Sochi2014


Mosmetro


Metronews


Metronews


Metronews


Mosmetro


Metronews
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:43 AM   #3251
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

A unique vending machine that provided a free single ticket for 30 squats during two minutes operated at Metro station "Vystavochnaya" ("Exhibition"; Line 4; opened on September 10, 2005) within one month - since November 8 till December 4, 2013.

Giving 30 squats was an alternative to paying 30 Russian rubles (~ 0.9 USD) for a single Metro ticket. According to the Russian Olympic Committee's press release, the number of squats was counted with the help of "a specially designed device". Passengers had two minutes to perform the deep-knee bends in front of a special machine that can tell if they're assuming the correct position. The squat-operated ticket machine was located right next to the electronic vending machines at Metro station "Vystavochnaya".

The launch ceremony was attended by three-time Olympic Champion (2000, 2004) in Synchro Swimming and member of the Presidium of the Presidential Council for Physical Culture and Sport Mariya Kiselyova (born 1974). The first passengers who tested new machine were four-time Olympic Champion (1996, 2000) in Artistic Gymnastics Alexey Nemov (born 1976) who failed his attempt and two-time Olympic Champion (2000) in Artistic Gymnastics Yelena Zamolodchikova (born 1982) - she was successful

The unusual machine was part of the nationwide project, "The Olympic Changes", which aims to promote bringing elements of sport into citizens' ordinary life ahead of the 2014 Winter Olympics in February. "We wanted to show that the Olympic Games is not just an international competition that people watch on TV, but that it is also about getting everyone involved in a sporting lifestyle", Alexander Zhukov, President of the Russian Olympic Committee, told Russian state news agency "RIA-Novosti", according to the "Wall Street Journal". The task wasn't as simple as it might seem, according to some people who dared to try it out. "It was hard at first but I managed it", Lyudmila, a young woman who tested the machine, told AFP. "Two minutes is enough time".

During the first day of action, this vending machine "sold" 500 Metro tickets. The option for squat payment was available until December 4, 2013.







svpressa


advertology


uralweb


RG


uralweb
__________________

Benediktus, geometarkv, QN liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #3252
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Finally, in the end of last year, the one of new 81-760/761 trains (also known as "Oka") was decorated in the style of coming Olympics. This renewed "Olympic" train started to operate on the Line 9 since December 31, 2013. Probably, in 2014, the one or few more Metro trains will be also decorated in same way.



Janaury 1, 2014:

Mungojerrie

Janaury 2, 2014:

Игорь Пригорный

Janaury 3, 2014:

Игорь Пригорный

Janaury 3, 2014:

Leo pchel

Janaury 3, 2014:

Leo pchel

Janaury 3, 2014:

Leo pchel

Janaury 4, 2014:

Андрей Рябицев

Janaury 4, 2014:

Рома Антипов


Leo pchel
__________________

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by AlekseyVT; January 12th, 2014 at 12:42 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:51 AM   #3253
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

FURTHER DEVELOPMENT - 2014:

As I wrote earlier, the pace of the construction of the new Metro stations in Moscow greatly increased after appointment of a new Mayor Sergey Sobyanin on October 21, 2010. He has served as Mayor of Moscow from October 2010 to June 5, 2013, and was re-elected Mayor as a result of city election on September 8, 2013 with 51.37% of the vote in the first round. As the Mayor of Moscow, Sobyanin has gradually relaxed the massive construction projects of his predecessor (Yury Luzhkov), for which he has won acclaim for the "most sane piece of city planning in years".

The extension of Moscow Metro network and general development of urban transport become one of the main purposes of the Sobyanin's program. Sergey Sobyanin refused to finance the Luzhkov's project - The Fourth Ring Road (beltway, which was planned to be built between Third Ring Road and Moscow Automobile Ring Road). Therefore, funding for construction of Moscow Metro was increased almost in four times. At the present time, there ongoing Metro construction and preparation works in the several districts of the city. City officials have promised that 70 new Metro stations will be built by 2020 while total length of Moscow Metro lines will be increased almost in 1.5 times and will reach mark of 442 km.

However, last year were clearly revealed shortcomings of this program. The matter is that construction companies with large experience of work (such as Moscow "Metrostroy" company) have no enough staff and technics for the work at all planned construction sites. As a result, the construction companies from other Russian cities and foreign countries (who don't have necessary work in own cities) got possibility to work in Moscow. As a rule, the quality of their work is lower comparing with construction companies with long history. Wanting to meet deadlines, newcomers are tended to skimp on the quality of construction. Sometimes, it lead to sad results.

The such sad accident happened on July 8, 2013 during southeastern extension of the Line 7 when portion of future tunnels was damaged due to quicksands. For that reason, construction company - "Bamtunnelstroy" with headquarters in the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk - was forced to spend a lot of money for elimination consequences of this accident. As a result, two new Metro stations were opened on November 9, 2013 with few uncompleted exits. Due to such financial losses, it's unclear when will be resumed construction of Metro station "Kotelniki" (Line 7) and future Kozhukhovskaya Line - "Bamtunnelstroy" received orders on its construction.

Also, in 2013 there were plans to open two new Metro segments - the northwestern extension of the Butovskaya Line 12 (with two new stations) and first segment of the planned Solntsevsky Radius (with two stations). However, construction companies were unable to open these segments before New Year, and its opening was rescheduled for 2014. So, according to my predictions, there will be opened six new Moscow Metro stations in 2014, including 4 Metro stations which will be opened in coming weeks.

In general, the following segments and stations are planned to be opened this year:
1) The opening of the first segment of the planned Solntsevsky Radius with two Metro stations;
2) The northwestern extension of the Butovskaya Line 12 (also known as Butovskaya Light Metro Line L1) with two new Metro stations;
3) The opening of "ghost" Metro station "Spartak" on the Line 7;
4) The southwestern extension of the Line 1 with new Metro station "Troparyovo":

Yury Gridchin
__________________

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by AlekseyVT; January 31st, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:52 AM   #3254
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

SOLNTSEVSKY RADIUS

In 2014 there will be opened 2.47-km long segment between Metro stations "Delovoy Tsentr" ("Business Center") and "Park Pobedy" ("Victory Park"). It will be first segment of the planned Solntsevsky Radius. Of course, during first two years after its opening, the passenger traffic at Solntsevsky Radius will be low because it will be consist only of two stations, and the trains will be operate at this segment by "shuttle" traffic with long time intervals (about 15 minutes). However, already in the end of 2015, Solntsevsky Radius is planned to be extended southwest with three new Metro stations. After further extensions, passenger traffic at Solntsevsky Radius will be grow, and it will be very demanded for Muscovites. The main purpose is to extend Solntsevsky Radius into remote and highly populated Moscow districts - Solntsevo (population: 116.149 inhabitants in 2010) and Novo-Peredelkino (population: 115.536 inhabitants in 2010). Some later, after the opening of three new Metro stations in the central part of Moscow, Solntsevsky Radius is planned to be linked with existing Kalininskaya Line 8, and new Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya Line is planned to be formed.

Solntsevo is a district in Western Administrative Okrug of Moscow, Russia. In 17th century there was village of Sukovo at this place. In beginning of 20th century this village and neighboring area became popular place for summer leisure. Solntsevo was established on September 26, 1938 as a cottage settlement near this village and was named after the Russian word for Sun ("solntse"). In post-WWII years there began mass construction of living houses in the Solntsevo settlement. On February 23, 1971 Solntsevo became separate town in Moscow Region. Its population continued to grow, and on May 10, 1984 Solntsevo was included into Moscow boundaries. The number of inhabitants increased from 91 thousand people in 1984 to 160 thousand people in 1990. On September 12, 1991 Solntsevo District became part of the Western Administrative Okrug of Moscow, and was divided into three municipal okrugs: Solntsevo, Novo-Peredelkino and Vnukovo. These three municipal okrugs got status of the districts of Moscow on July 5, 1995.

KALININSKO-SOLNTSEVSKAYA LINE

Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya Line is a future Moscow Metro line that will see the expansion of the Metro to the Solntsevo District in Moscow.

First project - radius

Historically, most of the today's Western Administrative District became part of Moscow only in 1960, while the district of Solntsevo, which is located beyond Moscow Automobile Ring Road beltway (MKAD) was added in 1984 and redeveloped as a typical bedroom rayon (residential district). The Moscow Metro since the completion of the Frunzensky and Filyovsky radii in the mid-1960s, left a vast region which has called for an additional metro radius since the 1971 general plan of Moscow.

The original plan proposed to utilise the Line 3 by turning from its western terminus at Metro station "Kievskaya" to the southwest and continuing along the Michurin Avenue all the way into Solntsevo. Moreover in doing so the Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line 3 would cease to exist, as the planned Perovsky Radius would dock with "Arbatskaya", and the deep 1953 section of the line would join the new Kievsko-Perovskaya Line, whilst the historic "Aleksandrovsky Sad" - "Ploshchad Revolyutsii" service would restart creating a new Filyovsko-Izmaylovskaya Line.

However this plan was never realised, partly because the Moscow Metro was required in other districts, partly because the Filyovskaya Line 4's construction was such that prevented a high-speed operation due to the vast amount of surface sections.

Second project - chord

In 1984 Solntsevo became part of Moscow, and the adjacent districts within MKAD were becoming over-loading the existing service. Simultaneously Moscow's Urban Rapid-Transit planning body - "Metrogiprotrans" was continuing to debate whether it was suitable of splitting the Line 3 and the whole classical ring-radial layout of the Metro. Owing to the disadvantages of the over-congested centre, initially in 1984 engineer Ivan Bordukov published an article in "Pravda" newspaper where he proposed a set of chordial and semi-chordial lines that would bypass the city centre and the Ring Line, or at least have some of the transfers outside the ring, which applies to the latter group and the Lyublinskaya Line 10 was to result of this.

Eventually "Metrogiprotrans" welcomed the idea, and suggested a set of four chordial lines that would appear as standard radii but instead of passing through Ring Line would pass instead outside the city centre. Not only would this relieve main congestion zones by offering passengers a second transfer contour, the project also solved one of Moscow's most oldest pending plans the second ring, as the chords would naturally form one, and a ring service could be organised.

For Solntsevo was placed at the end of a Solntsevo-Mytishchinskaya Line, which would begin in the adjacent to Moscow city of Mytishchi in the northeast, follow the Yaroslavl Highway until docking with "VDNKh" with a cross-platform transfer, and then wrap around the city centre on a northwestern edge: "Maryina Roshcha", "Dynamo", "Begovaya", "Moscow-City" and finally "Park Pobedy", after which it would resume its previous path and continue all the way to Solntsevo, and then beyond it to Vnukovo International Airport.

The chord was planned to be the second order after the Stroginsko-Biryulyovskaya one was to be opened in the mid-1990s. However the Soviet Union collapsed before any of those projects could be realised.

Third Project - Light Metro

The dissolution of the Soviet Union brought severe financial trouble to the Metro, and the Metro administration to reality that it would never have the means to construct such major sections as the chordial lines. As an alternative in the late-1990s "Metrogiprotrans" proposed a set of Light Metro lines to rayons located beyond MKAD. Thus in 2001-2003 the Butovskaya Light Metro Line was built and opened. Although the novelty of the idea was initially welcomed soon the designs drawbacks became all the more apparent, and one by one other Light Metro projects: Kosino, and Zhulebino were cancelled in favour of a conventional one station extension beyond MKAD. The Solntsevo Light Metro Line however, was to be the second Light Metro to be launched after the Butovskaya Light Metro Line, continued to be drawn on most Moscow Metro maps.

The light Metro line was to begin at the existing terminus of the Line 1, "Yugo-Zapadnaya" ("South-Western"), where an underground station transfer would be organised. It would then turn northwest until reaching the Michurin Avenue and then follow it into Solntsevo in total containing seven stations: "Nikulinskaya", "Olimpiyskaya Derevnya" ("Olympic Village"), "Vostryakovo", "Tereshkovo", "Solntsevo", "Borovskoye Shosse" ("Borovsk Highway") and "Novoperedelkino", with a planned extension to Vnukovo International Airport afterwards.

Initially it was planned for construction to begin in 2004, but the rising problems of the Butovskaya Light Metro Line made Moscow planners rethink the idea, and in 2005 the plan was remodelled and two stations "Nikulinskaya" and "Vostryakovo" were removed from the project, but the start of construction was continuously put off 2009 in 2006, 2012 in 2007 and in 2008 the project was cancelled altogether.

Сurrent project

By the mid-2000s Moscow Metro was faced with two realities, the first was that financial situation has drastically improved, many of the long standing projects could now be completed. The second one was the drastic rise in passenger traffic, meant that the existing radii (where most of the congestion takes place) would already be filled to the brink, and adding Solntsevo's passengers to the Line 1 would not be wise, as its central facilities are the oldest in the system and might not handle the additional load. So in 2008 Moscow Metro published a new revised general plan which effectively returned most of the 1980s chordial projects. The new Solnstevskaya Line would begin at "Park Pobedy" ("Victory Park"), which was initially envisioned as a future transfer between the Mitinsko-Biryulyovskaya and the same Solntsevsko-Mytishcinskaya chords, and then continue south with five stations: "Minskaya" ("Minsk"), "Lomonosovsky Prospekt" ("Lomonosov Avenue"), "Ramenki", "Michurinsky Prospekt" ("Michurin Avenue") and "Ochakovo". Afterwards it is likely will have two Metro stations in Solntsevo itself, two Metro stations in Novo-Peredelkino District and one Metro station in Vnukovskoye Settlement of the Novomoskovsky Administrative Okrug (so-called "new Moscow").

The project of the first segment of the planned Solntsevsky Radius:

Link

Red line - the first segment of the planned Solntsevsky Radius:

Link
__________________

geometarkv, -PGG- liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:52 AM   #3255
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"DELOVOY TSENTR"

"Delovoy Tsentr" ("Business Center") is a future station of the planned Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya Line 8 of the Moscow Metro. It's situated near International Business Center, in the Presnensky District, Central Administrative Okrug.

The station is named for the nearby Moscow International Business Center. Moscow International Business Center, also referred to as "Moscow-City" is a commercial district in central Moscow. Located near the Third Ring Road in the Presnensky District of western Moscow, the "Moscow-City" area is currently under development. The Moscow IBC is expected to become the first zone in Russia to combine business activity, living space and entertainment in one single development. The Moscow government first conceived the project in 1992. An estimated 250.000–300.000 people will be working, living, or visiting the complex at any given time. In order to manage the project a public company CITY was created in 1992 which is responsible for overseeing the initial creation and development of "Moscow-City" as well as its subsequent exploitation. CITY is also a general contractor and both landlord and lessor. Overall responsibility for the architectural planning and design of "Moscow-City" belongs to the architectural studio No. 6, which is a part of the large Moscow practice "Mosproject-2" named after Mikhail Posokhin. This group, headed by Gennady Sirota, who is officially the Chief Architect of "Moscow-City", is in charge of overseeing the design of the complex as a whole and agreeing the details of individual projects. Each and every building lot has its own investor and architect. The construction of the Moscow IBC is taking place on the Presnenskaya Embankment of the Moscow-River approximately 4 kilometres west of Red Square, and just east of the Third Ring Road. The project occupies an area of 60 hectares, the territory chosen being the only area in central Moscow that can accommodate such a project. Before construction began, the area represented an old stone quarry where most of the buildings were old factories and industrial complexes that had been closed or abandoned. The total cost of the project is estimated at $12 billion.

The "City of Capitals" complex, symbolizing Moscow and St. Petersburg, is located on plot 9. The tower "Moscow" (height - 301.6 m) has become the first super-tall skyscraper in Europe (built in 2005-2009). "Eurasia Tower" (built in 2007-2013) is a 308.9 m tall skyscraper where will house offices, apartments, a hotel, and other entertainment. "Mercury City Tower" (built in 2007-2013) is a 75-storey skyscraper in Moscow. The building topped-out at 338.8 metres on November 1, 2012, overtaking London's "The Shard" (height - 310 m, built in 2009-2012) as Europe's tallest building. This year, "South Tower" of OKO complex is planned to become Europe's tallest building (height - 352 m; construction started in 2011, it's planned to be completed in 2014). The next Europe's tallest building is expected to be "Federation Tower", at the height of 448 metres (construction started in 2003 and planned to be completed in 2015).

August 12, 2013. Moscow International Business Center:

Sergey Alimov

December 26, 2013:

James Lam

December 27, 2013:

James Lam

December 29, 2013:

James Lam
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:54 AM   #3256
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"Delovoy Tsentr" will be part of transfer complex consisting of three Metro stations. Structurally, all three stations were built in 1999-2004. On September 10, 2005 there was opened Metro station of the Line 4, which called "Delovoy Tsentr" ("Business Centre") before June 1, 2009. On June 3, 2008 the city government issued decree to rename the station to "Vystavochnaya" in the order to use name of "Delovoy Tsentr" for the future transfer station of the Line 8. Moscow Metro was granted a 1-year transition period to effect the change in names. The station is named after exhibition complex "Expocenter" which located nearby. "Vystavochnaya" will only be the first station in a future three station transfer complex involving a transfer between the Third Interchange Contour and the Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya (currently Kalininskaya) Line 8. Both of the new stations are structurally completed, but presently are unopened.

"Delovoy Tsentr" is a shallow three-vaulted station of column type (depth - 22.5 metres). The station is built on two levels, with the platform on the lower level. The upper level consists of two walkways which span the length of the platform. The two rows of columns span both levels and are clad in stainless steel. The walls are faced with white marble. The tracks are placed on special springs for reducing of vibration from coming trains. The floor is paved with grey and black granite. The station has two underground vestibules that connected with platform by 12 escalators and elevator made by "ThyssenKrupp AG". The western vestibule will have exit at territory of "AFIMALL City" retail and entertainment complex. The eastern vestibule will be connected with northern vestibule of transfer Metro station "Vystavochnaya".

The preparation works for construction of two tunnels from Metro station "Delovoy Tsentr" in direction to "Park Pobedy" were started in January 2012. The construction of the 1.89-km long left tunnel between these Metro stations began in the end of December 2012 with using of TBM "Sofiya" ("Robbins") - it was finished on October 31, 2013. On December 26, 2013 Mayor of Moscow Sergey Sobyanin visited this station, all facing works were mainly completed before New Year. The station is planned to be opened in January 2014. Within about two years, there will be operate shuttle trains at this segment. Within few months after opening, shuttle three-car "Rusich" trains will be operate only in the left tunnel between Metro stations "Delovoy Tsentr" and "Park Pobedy".

On April 24, 2013 there began construction of the right tunnel with using of TBM "Viktoriya" ("Robbins") - it planned to be finished in mid-February 2014. The operation of shuttle three-car "Rusich" trains in right tunnel is planned to be launched in the second half of 2014. After planned southwestern extension of the Solntsevsky Radius in the end of 2015, shuttle traffic will be cancelled and there will be operate five-car "Rusich" trains in both tunnels.




Link


Link


Link


Link


Link

October 27, 2013. The future transfer Metro station "Vystavochnaya" ("Exhibition"; Line 4; opened on September 10, 2005):

alex_avr
__________________

geometarkv liked this post

Last edited by AlekseyVT; February 1st, 2014 at 10:48 AM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:55 AM   #3257
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

December 26, 2013. The visit of Mayor of Moscow Sergey Sobyanin at future Metro station "Delovoy Tsentr":


December 28, 2013. The construction of Metro station "Delovoy Tsentr":

igor


igor

December 25, 2013:

Link


Link


Link


Link


Link
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:55 AM   #3258
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


Link


Link


Link


Link


Link


Link
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:57 AM   #3259
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


Link


Link


Link


Link


Link


Link
__________________

geometarkv, kyah117 liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2014, 02:00 AM   #3260
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"PARK POBEDY"

"Park Pobedy" ("Victory Park") is a name of the station on the Line 4 and future station of the planned Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya Line 8 of the Moscow Metro. It's situated near Kutuzov Avenue, Barclay Street and General Yermolov Street, in the Dorogomilovo District, Western Administrative Okrug. The station on the Line 4 was opened on May 6, 2003, on the eve of 58th anniversary of Great Soviet Victory in WWII. In 2014, it will be fifth station within the Moscow Metro network providing cross-platform interchange - besides "Kitay-gorod" (Line 6/7), "Tretyakovskaya" (Line 6/8), "Kashirskaya" (Line 2/11) and "Kuntsevskaya" (Line 3/4).

The station is named for the nearby Victory Park. This park was opened on Poklonnaya Hill on May 9, 1995 to the 50th anniversary of Great Soviet Victory in WWII. Poklonnaya Hill (literally "bow-down hill"; metaphorically "Worshipful Submission Hill"') is, at 171.5 metres, one of the highest spots in Moscow. Its two summits used to be separated by the Setun River, until one of the summits was razed in 1987. Since 1936, the area has been part of Moscow and now contains the Victory Park with many tanks and other vehicles used in the Second World War on display. Historically, the hill had great strategic importance, as it commanded the best view of the Russian capital. Its name is derived from the Russian for "to bow down", as everyone approaching the capital from the west was expected to do homage here. On September 14, 1812, it was the spot where Napoléon in vain expected the symbolic keys to the Moscow Kremlin to be brought to him by Russians. In the 1960s, the Soviet authorities decided to put the area to use as an open-air museum dedicated to the Great Russian Victory over Napoléon's Grande Armée. The New Triumphal Arch, erected in wood in 1814 and in marble in 1829-1834 to a design by great Russian architect Joseph Bové (1784-1834), was relocated and reconstructed here in 1966-1968. A loghouse, where great Russian Field Marshal Mikhail Kutuzov (1745-1813) presided over the Fili conference which decided to abandon Moscow to the enemy, was designated a national monument. The huge panorama "Battle of Borodino" (1910-1912) by great Russian painter Franz Roubaud (1856–1928) was installed here in 1962, to the 150th anniversary of battle. A monument to Mikhail Kutuzov was opened on July 16, 1973.

The Victory Park and the Square of Victors are important parts of the outdoor museum. In the 1990s an obelisk was added with a statue of Nike and a monument of St. George slaying the dragon, both designed by Georgian-Russian sculptor Zurab Tsereteli (b. 1934). The obelisk's height is exactly 141.8 metres, which is 10 cm for every day of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. A golden-domed Orthodox church was erected on the hilltop in 1994-1995, followed by a memorial mosque (1995-1997) and the Holocaust Memorial Synagogue (1997-1998). At the 60th anniversary of Great Soviet Victory in the Second World War (2005), President Vladimir Putin inaugurated 15 extravagant bronze columns, symbolizing main fronts and navies of the Red Army during the World War II. Since the 1980s the hill also includes the monumental museum to the great Soviet victory in the Great Patriotic War. The main building of the museum was constructed between 1986 and 1995. "Hall of glory" holds reliefs of the 12 Soviet Hero Cities, on its white marble walls are inscribed the names of several thousand Heroes of the Soviet Union, awarded during the war. "Hall of remembrance" downstairs contains "Books of remembrance" with the names of more than 26.5 million Soviet war dead.

Triumphal Arch of Moscow was erected in 1829-1834 in order to commemorate Great Russian Victory over Napoléon's Grande Armée:

Сергей Хохлов


nag34279

Victory Park was opened on May 9, 1995 to the 50th anniversary of the Great Soviet Victory in WWII:

Alex-Raduga (Алексей)

2012. Victory Park and Moscow International Business Center:

Alex-Raduga (Алексей)

2013. Victory Park and Moscow International Business Center:

ТаНЮША
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
метро, kazan, metro, novosibirsk, samara, st. petersburg, subway, transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium