daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #3681
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1900s, the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street) - the intersection of Red Line and St. Catherine Line. "European" Hotel at left, St. Catherine Cathedral on the background:

myekaterinodar

1900s, tramcar at St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street) near its intersection with Red Street. "European" Hotel at left:

myekaterinodar

1900s, closed-type motor tramcars of the Belgian company at the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street). "European" Hotel on the background:

kubtransport

1900s. "European" Hotel at the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

myekaterinodar

1900s. "European" Hotel at the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #3682
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1910s. "Grand Moscow" Hotel (left; built in 1912 by Fyodor Meerovich) and Hotel "Europe" (right) at the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

Grozniy

1910s. Red Line near the building of City Management (left; now Military commissariat) and "Grand Moscow" Hotel (right) at the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

myekaterinodar

1910s. "Grand Moscow" Hotel (left) and Hotel "Europe" (right) at the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:31 PM   #3683
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1890s. Red Street, the view to northwest. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (built in 1853-1872) on the background:

myekaterinodar

1900s. Red Street, the view to northwest. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (built in 1853-1872) on the background:

myekaterinodar

1900s, "European" Hotel at the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street). Alexander Nevsky Cathedral on the background:

myekaterinodar

1905-1908. Red Street near its intersection with St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

myekaterinodar

1910s, the intersection of Red Street and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street). Hotel "Europe" at left, St. Catherine Cathedral (built in 1900-1914) on the background:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:32 PM   #3684
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1900s. Red Street between its intersections with Market Street (now Ordzhonikidze Street) and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street), the view to south:

myekaterinodar

1900s. Red Street between its intersections with Market Street (now Ordzhonikidze Street) and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street), the view to south:

myekaterinodar

1900s. Red Street between its intersections with Market Street (now Ordzhonikidze Street) and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street), the view to south:

myekaterinodar

1900s. Red Street between its intersections with Market Street (now Ordzhonikidze Street) and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

myekaterinodar

1911. Bank of the "Mutual Credit Society" at the intersection of Red Street and Market Street (now Ordzhonikidze Street):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #3685
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1900s. Tramline at Red Street north of its intersection with Market Street (now Ordzhonikidze Street):

myekaterinodar

1906. Vasily Gorchakov's shop at Red Street between its intersections with Market Street (now Ordzhonikidze Street) and Cathedral Street (now Lenin Street):

myekaterinodar

1910s. The draper's shop of the commercial and industrial partnership "Minas Shorshorov and sons" at Red Street:

myekaterinodar

1900s. Tramline at Red Street south of its intersection with Cathedral Street (now Lenin Street):

myekaterinodar

1910s, tramcar at Red Street south of its intersection with Cathedral Street (now Lenin Street). Khristofor Khlebnikov's House (so-called "Moorish Palace") on the background (built in 1912 by Alexander Kozlov):

Grozniy

1904. Tramline at Red Street near Cathedral Boulevard (now Zhukov garden square):

myekaterinodar

March 6, 1913. The religious prayer near Alexander Nevsky Cathedral dedicated to 300th anniversary of the Romanov Imperial dynasty:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #3686
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1900s. Red Line near 1st Kuban Alexander Realschule at Red Street between its intersections with Cathedral Street (now Lenin Street) and Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar

1900s. Red Line near 1st Kuban Alexander Realschule at Red Street between its intersections with Cathedral Street (now Lenin Street) and Gymnasium Street:

Grozniy

1900s. 1st Kuban Alexander Realschule at Red Street between its intersections with Cathedral Street (now Lenin Street) and Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar

1900s. The bookstore of P. Galladzhiants at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street:

Grozniy

1910s. The view of 1st Kuban Alexander Realschule from "Central" Hotel (now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia"):

Общественный транспорт

1910s, tramcar at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street as seen from Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Trinity Church (built in 1899-1910 by Ivan Malgerb) on the background:

Общественный транспорт

1910s, tramcar at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street as seen from Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Trinity Church (built in 1899-1910 by Ivan Malgerb) on the background:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:34 PM   #3687
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1900s. The construction of "Central" Hotel (now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street, view from northwestern side. The uncompleted St. Catherine Cathedral and completed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral on the background:

Solar

1910s. "Central" Hotel (built in 1910 by Alexander Kozlov; now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. "Central" Hotel (now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #3688
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1910s. "Central" Hotel (now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street, view from balcony of Winter Theatre (now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko). St. Catherine Cathedral (left) and Alexander Nevsky Cathedral (right) on the background:

myekaterinodar

1910s. "Central" Hotel (built in 1910 by Alexander Kozlov; now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. "Central" Hotel (now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. "Central" Hotel (now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") at the intersection of Red Street and Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:35 PM   #3689
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1904. Tramline at Red Street north of its intersection with Gymnasium Street:

myekaterinodar

Early 1900s. 1st Male Gymnasium at Red Street between its intersections with Gymnasium Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

Late 1900s. 2nd Female Gymnasium at Red Street between its intersections with Gymnasium Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. 2nd Female Gymnasium (left) at Red Street between its intersections with Gymnasium Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:36 PM   #3690
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1901-1909. Tramline at Red Street between its intersections with Gymnasium Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Hotel "Metropol" (left; built in 1910 by Alexander Kozlov) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Winter Theatre (left; now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) was built in 1908-1909 by Fyodor Schechtel and Alexander Kozlov at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Winter Theatre (right; now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Winter Theatre (now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) and 2nd Realschule at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

Solar

1912. The festive decoration of tramcars - MAN tramcar №52 of converting type (with removable casements):

Общественный транспорт

April 20, 1912. MAN tramcar №55 of converting type (with removable casements) at Red Street near its intersection with Gogol Street during the charitable White Chamomile Day - buying white chamomiles, people donated money for tuberculosis care. Winter Theatre (left; now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) and 2nd Realschule (right) on the background:

kubtransport

April 20, 1912. Tramcars at Red Street near Winter Theatre (left; now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) and Hotel "Metropol" (right) during the charitable White Chamomile Day:

Общественный транспорт

1910s. Winter Theatre (left; now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) and Hotel "Metropol" (right) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Winter Theatre (now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #3691
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1910s, tramcars near Hotel "Metropol" (built in 1910 by Alexander Kozlov) and Panaiot Akritas's House (built in 1896 by Vasily Filippov) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street. "Central" Hotel (built in 1910 by Alexander Kozlov; now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia") on the background:

Solar

1910s. Tramcar near Winter Theatre (left; now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) and Hotel "Metropol" (right) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Red Line near Winter Theatre (now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Winter Theatre (now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Red Line near Winter Theatre (now Krasnodar Regional State Philharmonic named after Grigory Ponomarenko) and Hotel "Metropol" at the intersection of Red Street and Gogol Street:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #3692
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1908. Wholesale and retail draper's shop of merchant Kaspar Demerzhiyev at Red Street between its intersections with Gogol Street and Karasun Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. Tramline at Red Street between its intersections with Karasun Street and Brick Street (now Chapayev Street):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:39 PM   #3693
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1903. House of Tarasov brothers at Red Street between its intersections with Brick Street (now Chapayev Street) and St. Demetrius Street (now Gorky Street):

myekaterinodar

1910s. Tramcar at Red Line near the intersection of Red Street and St. Demetrius Street (now Gorky Street):

myekaterinodar

1910s. Tramline at Red Street between its intersections with St. Demetrius Street (now Gorky Street) and Pashkovskaya Street:

myekaterinodar

1911, MAN tramcar №61 of converting type (with removable casements). Tram stop at the intersection of Red Street and St. Demetrius Street (now Gorky Street) - the intersection of Red Line and St. Demetrius Line:

Общественный транспорт
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #3694
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1910s. Red Line near Treasury Chamber (now Institute of Information Technology and Safety of the Kuban State University of Technology) at the intersection of Red Street and Pashkovskaya Street:

myekaterinodar

1900s, Red Line near City Hospital (now City Clinical Hospital №1) at the intersection of Red Street and Long Street. The obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host on the background:

myekaterinodar

1900s. City Hospital (now City Clinical Hospital №1) at the intersection of Red Street and Long Street:

myekaterinodar

1903. City Hospital (now City Clinical Hospital №1) at the intersection of Red Street and Long Street:

Краснодар

1900s, Red Line near City Hospital (now City Clinical Hospital №1) at the intersection of Red Street and Long Street. The obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host on the background:

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM   #3695
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

May 19, 1897. The opening of obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host (architect - Vasily Filippov) at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street):

myekaterinodar

1898. The obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street):

myekaterinodar

1898, the obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street). Rostov Boulevard beyond the obelisk:

myekaterinodar

1890s. The obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street):

Solar

1900s. The obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street):

Wikipedia
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #3696
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1900s, tramcar №1 near obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street). Rostov Boulevard on the background:

Общественный транспорт

1899. The obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street) was dismantled in early 1930s:

myekaterinodar

1900s. Tramcar near the obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street):

myekaterinodar

1900s. Tramcar near the obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street):

myekaterinodar

1906. The obelisk commemorating the two-hundred-year history of the Kuban Cossack Host at the intersection of Red Street and New Street (now Budyonny Street):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:41 PM   #3697
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1900s. Rostov Boulevard at Rostov Street (now Red Street):

myekaterinodar

1909-1913. Red Line near Commercial College at the intersection of Rostov Street (now Red Street) and Nothern Street:

Grozniy

1910s. Female Teacher Seminary (now educational campus of the Kuban State University of Technology) at the intersection of Rostov Street (now Red Street) and New Blacksmith Street:

myekaterinodar

1910s. The entrance to Chistyakov Grove (now May Day Park) that was laid in 1900 and named after City Head Gavrila Chistyakov (1867 - ?):

myekaterinodar

1910s. The entrance to Chistyakov Grove (now May Day Park) that was laid in 1900 and named after City Head Gavrila Chistyakov (1867 - ?):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #3698
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

1910s. German technical description of the petrol-driven tramcar (№4) for Pashkovskaya Line and electric tramcar (№54) of converting type (with removable casements) for the urban routes of Yekaterinodar:

kubtransport

1911. Nuremberg, Germany. MAN petrol-driven tramcar №4 for Pashkovskaya Line:

Solar

1912-1914, Pashkovskaya Line. MAN petrol-driven tramcar №2 at Mountain Street (now Vishnyakova Street):

Solar

1912, Pashkovskaya Line. MAN petrol-driven tramcar at Peter the Great' Street (now Yevdokia Bershanskaya Street), suburban route "Yekaterinodar - Pashkovskaya stanitsa":

Андрей Кравчук

1912-1915. Pashkovskaya Line at Peter the Great' Street (now Yevdokia Bershanskaya Street):

myekaterinodar

1912-1915. Tram stop at Pashkovskaya stanitsa (now tram stop "Square"):

etoretro

1912-1915. The governing body of Pashkovskaya stanitsa near tram stop of Pashkovskaya Line (now tram stop "Square"):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #3699
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

Yekaterinodar during the Russian Civil War (1918-1920)

The population of Yekaterinodar continued to grow - 88.4 thousand residents in 1908, 100.3 thousand residents in 1912, 102.0 thousand residents in 1913, 102.2 thousand residents in 1914, 127.4 thousand residents in 1918, 145.8 thousand residents in 1920.

For long time during the Russian Civil War the city remained a stronghold of the White movement and anti-Bolshevism at the North Caucasus. It changed hands several times between the Red Army and Volunteer Army, many Kuban Cossacks were committed anti-Bolsheviks who supported the White Movement. With the October Revolution the people of the Kuban found themselves divided among several groups. The large non-Cossack peasants were infiltrated and influenced by the Bolsheviks and proclaimed a Kuban Soviet Republic, which dispersed the Kuban Military Council. However, on January 28, 1918 Kuban Rada (Council) proclaimed Kuban People's Republic with its capital in Yekaterinodar and on February 16, 1918 declared independence from Bolshevik Russia. On March 14, 1918 Yekaterinodar was captured by troops of Red Guards and 39th Infantry Division. The storming of Yekaterinodar in April 9-13, 1918 became culmination of the First Kuban Campaign of White Army (also called "Ice March"). After several weeks of wandering, and several skirmishes with pursuing enemy forces, prominent General of the Infantry Lavr Kornilov (1870-1918) decided to mount an attack on Yekaterinodar. The attack, which began on April 10, was met with heavy resistance from forces more than twice the size of the Volunteers. Kornilov was killed on April 13 when a Bolshevik artillery shell destroyed the farmhouse where he had set up headquarters. He was succeeded in command by Lieutenant General Anton Denikin (1872-1947), who decided to abandon the assault and withdraw to the north. Hearing of the death of Kornilov, Vladimir Lenin told the Moscow Council (Moscow Soviet), "It can be said with certainty that, in the main, the civil war has ended". It was, rather, no more than the end of the beginning.

After failure of storming, Yekaterinodar was capital of short-lived republics within the Russian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic (RSFSR) - Kuban Soviet Republic (April 13 - May 30, 1918), Kuban-Black Sea Soviet Republic (May 30 - July 6, 1918) and North Caucasian Soviet Republic (July 7 - December 1918). However, on August 17, 1918 the capital of the North Caucasian Soviet Republic was moved to Pyatogorsk because Yekaterinodar was captured by Volunteer Army under leadership of Anton Denikin during Second Kuban Campaign (despite of significant numerical advantage of Red Army). As a result, Yekaterinodar became capital of anti-Bolshevik Kuban People's Republic (1918-1920). However, on March 17, 1920 Yekaterinodar was recaptured again by parts of 9th Red Army under leadership of Comandarm (General of the Army) Ieronim Uborevich (1896-1937). Power in the city was transferred to the Kuban Executive Committee, and later - to the Kuban Regional Revolutionary Committee.

On June 2, 1920 Pashkovskaya Line and urban tramlines were municipalized and included into urban tram system of Yekaterinodar. Together with electric water station, tram enterprises were merged into "Wateltram" Trust. Due to effects of Civil War, some tram routes (in particular, route "Red Street - Rail Terminal") were closed for long time. On November 5, 1920, on the eve of celebrations dedicated to third anniversary of Great Russian Socialist Revolution, St. Catherine Street was renamed into Proletarian Street (now Peace Street), and St. Catherine Line became Proletarian Line. On November 10, 1920, three days after celebrations, the Chairman of the Kuban-Black Sea Regional Revolutionary Committee Yan Poluyan (1891-1937) sent telegram to People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs of the Russian Socialist Federative Soviet Republic (RSFSR) with request to rename Yekaterinodar into Krasnodar. On December 7, 1920 (at St. Catherine's Day), according to the Decree of the People's Commissariat for Internal Affairs of the RSFSR, Yekaterinodar was renamed into Krasnodar. There are two potential meanings for the new name of the city: Krasno-, meaning either "beautiful" (an older root) or "red" (especially relevant considering the political atmosphere of the time); and -dar, meaning "gift". Thus, the city's name means either "beautiful gift" or "red gift" (i.e. "gift of the Reds").

1918-1920, tram bons - 1 kopeck, 2 kopecks and 3 kopecks (front side). Tram bons appeared in Yekaterinodar due to financial crisis in the beginning of the Russian Civil War that led to deficit of small coins for exchange. The conductors used those bons instead of short change:

kubtransport

1918-1920. Tram bons - 1 kopeck, 2 kopecks and 3 kopecks (back side):

kubtransport

1918. The requiem for General of the Infantry Lavr Kornilov (1870-1918) who was killed during storming of Yekaterinodar (X - members of Kornilov's family):

myekaterinodar

1918, St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street) between its intersections with Red Street and Bursak Street (now Red Army Street). The funerals of prominent Adjutant general Mikhail Alekseyev (1857-1918) who died of pneumonia in Yekaterinodar on October 8, 1918:

myekaterinodar

1919. The meeting of Lieutenant General Anton Denikin (1872-1947) at the platform of Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal (now Krasnodar I):

myekaterinodar

1919, the parade near Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. "Central" Hotel (left; now Krasnodar department of the "Saving bank of Russia"):

myekaterinodar

1919. The cortege at Red Street between its intersections with Staff Street (now Komsomol Street) and St. Catherine Street (now Peace Street):

myekaterinodar
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #3700
geometarkv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 553
Likes (Received): 588

New name - new routes (1921-1933)

After the end of military actions, the infrastructure of city (which became known as Krasnodar) began to revive. By 1920, there operated 49 motor tramcars and 24 trailers at urban tramlines. Also, Pashkovskaya Line continued to operate. Although in 1920 this line to Pashkovskaya stanitsa was municipalized and included into urban tram system, it continued to remain relatively separate subdivision which operated independently from rest of tram network. By 1921, there operated 4 MAN "large" motor tramcars (redone petrol-driven tramcars), 5 MAN "middle" tramcars and 7 MAN trailers at Pashkovskaya Line as well as 3 "large" motor tramcars, 3 "small" motor tramcars and 2 trailers that were leased from city tram. According to memoirs of eyewitnesses, the leased tramcars were open-type and were operated at the urban route to Wide Street (now Shevchenko Street) while own closed-type tramcars with open-type trailers were operated at the suburban route to Pashkovskaya stanitsa.

The fares for trip were changed many times during seven years. Since September 1917 till February 1919, it increased from 5 to 20 kopecks or from 0.05 to 0.20 rubles. After establishing of Soviet power in 1920, it increased to 5 rubles. In 1921, in the times of economic system of war communism, the fares were cancelled. By 1922, war communism ceased to exist. In 1922 there was introduced new fare that was changed many times per year due to hyperinflation. Only by 1924, in the times of NEP (New Economic Policy), the fare stabilized at the level of 10 kopecks or 0.10 rubles.

After Russian Civil War of 1917-1922, there were made attempts to organize operation of other kinds of transport in the city. On January 1, 1922 there was opened "passenger-and-freight car operation for private using" (i.e. some kind of present-day "marshrutka" or "route taxi") from Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal (now Rail Terminal Krasnodar I) to the Hay Market; along Red Street. It's unknown how long this service operated. On November 12, 1925 there was opened first urban bus route ("Municipal Garden, now Gorky Park - Bridewell"). That year there were also opened few intercity bus routes. However, due to high fare, bad quality of roads and lack of normal conditions for serving new technics, bus operation was stopped at urban route very soon.

In 1921-1923, in order to reconstruct the Red Line at the segment between the Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park) and Lenin Street, the rails were dismantled from tramlines leading to Rail Terminal Krasnodar II and Chistyakov Grove (now May Day Park). On February 1, 1926 tram operation was launched again along the route "Red Street - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I" that went along the branch of the Pashkovskaya Line. In 1926 Pashkovskoye tram depot was reconstructed and became known as Eastern tram depot. The tramline leading to the May Day Grove (former Chistyakov Grove, now May Day Park) was reconstructed as a single-track line (with a passing loop near the overpass across railway).

By the end of the year, 36 tramcars operated constantly all over the city along the following routes:
1) Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park) - New Street (now Budyonny Street), along the Red Line (7 tramcars);
2) Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park) - Slaughterhouse, along the Red Line (5 tramcars);
3) Rail Terminal Krasnodar I - Pier, along the Proletarian Line (4 tramcars);
4) Tanneries - Garden Street, along the St. Demetrius Line (10 tramcars);
5) Red Street - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I, along the Pashkovskaya Line (2 tramcars);
6) Red Street - Wide Street (now Shevchenko Street), along the Pashkovskaya Line (4 tramcars);
7) Red Street - Pashkovskaya stanitsa, along the Pashkovskaya Line (4 tramcars);
8) Slaughterhouse - May Day Grove (now May Day Park), along the seasonal tramline leading to the Grove (operated only in summer period).

In 1927 the branch line leading to the Main Post Office was dismantled along Karasun Street. In 1928 Proletarian Line was extended from Elizabeth Street (now Chkalov Street) directly to the pier. The annual ridership in 1927/1928 ("financial year") was 11.695 million people. There operated 51 motor tramcars and 19 trailers in 1927/1928. The average speed of tramcars was 12.2 km/h. The total length of tramlines was 49.23 km (28.31 km by axis of streets). There worked 500 tram employees in 1928. The total profit from tram operation was 1.254 million rubles while total expenses – 0.724 million rubles.

In 1929 double-track extension of the St. Demetrius Line and a new single-track tramline leading to the Central Institute of the Experimental Tobacco Growing (now State All-Russian Research Institute of Tobacco, Shag and Tobacco Products of the All-Russian Academy of Agriculture; opened in 1914) were built between New Blacksmith Street and institute: Garden Street - New Garden Street (now Garden Street) - Moscow Street. From the very beginning, this tramline had two intersections at one and the same level with railway branch lines going in the direction of Rail Terminal Krasnodar II and Krasnovar-tovarny (freight station). After the new tramline had been constructed, the route of St. Demetrius Line was extended and a new route in direction to the Central Institute of the Experimental Tobacco Growing was opened: Tanneries - Garden Street (this route was extended to railway); New Garden Street, now Garden Street - Central Institute of the Experimental Tobacco Growing, now State All-Russian Research Institute of Tobacco, Shag and Tobacco Products of the All-Russian Academy of Agriculture (new route).

In 1929, during regauging of all tramlines in Kharkiv (1927-1930) that was capital of Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic at those times, ten old motor tramcars were transferred from Kharkiv to Krasnodar for operation at narrow-gauge tramlines. Those tramcars (№№ 51-60) were constructed at Mytishchi Plant and were similar to "F" tramcars that operated in Moscow. In 1930 Krasnodar tram enterprise became independent, it was reorganized to the "Kraseltram" Trust. There was constructed second track along the segment of the Pashkovskaya Line between Wide Street (now Shevchenko Street) and Eastern tram depot. As a result, there was extended urban route: "Red Street - Eastern tram depot". By the end of 1930, the length of tram network amounted 57.2 km.

In 1931, after all tramlines in the Russian city of Tver were regauged on the broad gauge (1929-1930), seven old motor tramcars (constructed in 1913) were transferred from Tver to Krasnodar. There were 65 motor tramcars and 19 trailers. On September 22, 1931 tram operation along the new segment of the Red Line was opened: from Post Street to Machine-Tool Plant named after Gleb Sedin, along Zakharov Street. Simultaneously, the following segment was dismantled: from Zakharov Street to the Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park), along Post Street. The above-mentioned Machine-Tool Plant was founded in 1911. In 1922 it was named after Gleb Sedin (1888-1918) who worked at this plant as turner prior to 1918, participated in the Revolutionary events and was killed during Russian Civil War.

In 1932, Proletarian Line and St. Demetrius Line were finally connected by the segment from Workers' Faculty Street (now Gymnasium Street) to St. Demetrius Street (now Gorky Street), along Medvedovskaya Street (now Kirov Street). There were established wagon-repair shops on the basis of the Central tram depot at Proletarian Street (now Peace Street).

By December 1932, there was formed following scheme of tram routes:
Machine-Tool Plant named after Gleb Sedin - "Dynamo" Stadium, along the Red Line;
Rail Terminal Krasnodar I - Tanneries, along the Proletarian Line;
Tanneries - Garden Street, along the St. Demetrius Line;
Red Street - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I, along the Pashkovskaya Line;
Red Street - Eastern tram depot, along the Pashkovskaya Line;
Red Street - Pashkovskaya stanitsa, along the Pashkovskaya Line;
"Dynamo" Stadium - May Day Grove (now May Day Park), along the tramline leading to the Grove (operated only in summer period);
New Garden Street (now Garden Street) - All-Union Institute of Tobacco Industry (now State All-Russian Research Institute of Tobacco, Shag and Tobacco Products of the All-Russian Academy of Agriculture), along the tramline leading to the Institute.

Pashkovskaya Line to the east of the Eastern tram depot remained to be a single-track tramline and there were passing loops at the tram stops "City Border" (now "Supermarket"), "Pashkovskaya School" and "Square". In 1932 for the first time in Krasnodar began to operate new "Kh" motor tramcars for narrow-gauge tramlines (№№ 70-75). Those six tramcars were constructed at Mytishchi Plant.

The annual ridership reached 51.089 million people in 1932. On the average, in 1932 each Krasnodar resident did 288 trips in the tramcar. On the average (considering new and written-off tramcars), there operated 71 motor tramcars in 1932. The average speed of tramcars was 12.6 km/h. The total length of tramlines was 58.8 km (31.4 km by axises of streets). The number of tram employees was 1032 people in 1932. Since September 1, 1932, the cost of tram ticket increased from 10 kopecks (0.10 rubles) to 15 kopecks (0.15 rubles). In 1932, the total profit from tram operation was 4.885 million rubles while total expenses – 2.482 million rubles.

In 1933-1934, the route number system was applied for the first time. Unfortunately, significant part of archive documentation was lost during Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. That's why Krasnodar employees have fragmentary information about it so far. According to recollections of engineer Varuzhan Buyukyan, at the beginning of 1930s, the routes were numbered as follows:
№1: Machine-Tool Plant named after Gleb Sedin - "Dynamo" Stadium (Red Line);
№2: Red Street - Pashkovskaya stanitsa (Pashkovskaya Line);
№3: Red Street - Eastern tram depot at Dubinka (Pashkovskaya Line);
№4: Rail Terminal Krasnodar I - Tanneries (Proletarian Line);
№5: Red Street - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I (Pashkovskaya Line);
№6: Rail Terminal Krasnodar I - City Pier (Proletarian Line);
№7: Tanneries - Kruglik №1, Garden Street (St. Demetrius Line);
№8: Kruglik №1, New Garden Street (now Garden Street) - All-Union Institute of Tobacco Industry (now State All-Russian Research Institute of Tobacco, Shag and Tobacco Products of the All-Russian Academy of Agriculture);
Unnumbered: "Dynamo" Stadium - May Day Grove (now May Day Park) (this unnumbered route operated in summer period at the weekends).

After two years, the initial numbers of tram routes were completely changed due to beginning of regauging.

THE SCHEME OF KRASNODAR TRAM NETWORK BY 1927:
black lines: railways;
Red Line: Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park) - slaughterhouse at Shevchenko Street (now Red Street);
● Red Line, abbreviated route: Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park) - New Street (now Budyonny Street);

Proletarian Line: Rail Terminal Krasnodar I - Pier;
St. Demetrius Line: Tanneries - Intercession Market at New Blacksmith Street;
● Pashkovskaya Line: Red Street - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I;
● Pashkovskaya Line: Red Street - Wide Street (now Shevchenko Street);
● Pashkovskaya Line: Red Street - Pashkovskaya stanitsa;

suburban line: slaughterhouse at Shevchenko Street (now Red Street) - May Day Grove (now May Day Park);
service tramline: Central tram depot at Proletarian Street (now Peace Street) - St. Demetrius Street (now Gorky Street);
freight branch tramline: Red Street - Main Post Office;
X - Central tram depot at Proletarian Street (now Peace Street);
X - Suburban (Northern) tram depot at Shevchenko Street (now Red Street);
X - Eastern tram depot near Karl Liebknecht Street (now Stavropol Street):


kubtransport
CLICKABLE

THE SCHEME OF KRASNODAR TRAM NETWORK BY 1932 (THE ROUTES WERE NUMBERED IN 1933):
black lines: railways;
1) Red Line: Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park) - slaughterhouse at Shevchenko Street (now Red Street);
2) Pashkovskaya Line: Red Street - Pashkovskaya stanitsa;
3) Pashkovskaya Line: Red Street - Eastern tram depot;
4) Proletarian Line: Tanneries - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I;
5) Pashkovskaya Line: Red Street - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I;
6) Proletarian Line: Pier - Rail Terminal Krasnodar I;
7) St. Demetrius Line: Tanneries - Garden Street;
8) New Garden Street (now Garden Street) - Central Institute of the Experimental Tobacco Growing (now State All-Russian Research Institute of Tobacco, Shag and Tobacco Products of the All-Russian Academy of Agriculture);
suburban line: slaughterhouse at Shevchenko Street (now Red Street) - May Day Grove (now May Day Park);
extension of Red Line: Municipal Garden (now Gorky Park) - Machine-Tool Plant named after Gleb Sedin;
service tramline: Central tram depot at Proletarian Street (now Peace Street) - St. Demetrius Street (now Gorky Street);
freight branch tramline to the freight yard of Rail Terminal Krasnodar I;
X - Central tram depot at Proletarian Street (now Peace Street);
X - Northern tram depot at Shevchenko Street (now Red Street);
X - Eastern tram depot near Karl Liebknecht Street (now Stavropol Street):


kubtransport
CLICKABLE
__________________

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by geometarkv; May 30th, 2014 at 11:08 AM.
geometarkv no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
метро, kazan, metro, novosibirsk, samara, st. petersburg, subway, transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium