daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 31st, 2011, 12:01 AM   #1401
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

2005, tram depot in Kursk. This replica of original Belgian tramcar was made in 1998, to the 100-anniversary of Kursk Tram and 55-anniversary of Battle of Kursk, the largest tank battle in the world history:

Tramvaj

2008, 110-anniversary of Kursk Tram:

maxa

2008, 110-anniversary of Kursk Tram and 65-anniversary of Battle of Kursk:

ABC-2313

2008, 110-anniversary of Kursk Tram. Replica:

Таис

2008, 110-anniversary of Kursk Tram. Replica:

Строевы Елена & Константин


October 23, 2010:

nik0352
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2011, 10:57 PM   #1402
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

KAZAN METRO

October 28, 2011. Station "Dekabristov" ("Decembrists"). Transportation of TBM after completion of construction of tunnel between "Moskovskaya" ("Moscow") and "Dekabristov" stations. Therefore, 3 of 6 tunnels are totally completed. Three other tunnels should to be completed in 2012:

Link


Zufar


Zufar


Zufar
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1403
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


Zufar


Zufar


Zufar


Zufar
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1404
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

YEKATERINBURG METRO

October 29, 2011. Ground works near "Botanicheskaya" ("Botanical") station, which planned to be open on December 1, 2011:

Medoed

Southern pavilion at Belinsky street - the most uncompleted among eight pavilions:

Medoed


Medoed


Medoed


Medoed
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:01 PM   #1405
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

The pair of eastern pavilions almost ready except elevator part:

Medoed


Medoed

Future parking:

Medoed


Medoed
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:04 PM   #1406
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Pavilion at Krestinsky street. Door to the elevator:

Medoed

The pavilion itself is ready:

Medoed

One more pavilion:

Medoed


Medoed
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:06 PM   #1407
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Future parking:

Medoed


Medoed

This is only one pavilion, where will be not installed elevator:

Medoed


Medoed
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:07 PM   #1408
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

CHELYABINSK METRO

October 28, 2011. Few more photos from neighboring Chelyabinsk:

autochel

Station "Komsomolskaya Ploshchad" ("Komsomol Square"):

autochel


autochel
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:07 PM   #1409
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


autochel


autochel


autochel


autochel
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2011, 11:10 PM   #1410
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

ST. PETERSBURG METRO

October 29, 2011. Construction of the vestibule of station "Admiralteyskaya" ("Admiralty"), which planned to be opened in late December 2011:

goodspeedy


goodspeedy


goodspeedy
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 04:14 AM   #1411
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER
 
Woonsocket54's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: East Millinocket, Maine
Posts: 5,659
Likes (Received): 5778

Any information available about parking at Botanicheskaya station? How many spaces, and is the parking free or paid? I imagine this will be a popular park-and-ride for people from the south side of Yekaterinburg, since they can just leave their car at the station instead of looking for parking downtown.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2011, 11:00 AM   #1412
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
Any information available about parking at Botanicheskaya station? How many spaces, and is the parking free or paid? I imagine this will be a popular park-and-ride for people from the south side of Yekaterinburg, since they can just leave their car at the station instead of looking for parking downtown.
The parking will be free. There will be four zones with total area 15.000 square meters. There will be more than 600 places for cars (411+124+86+61).
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 06:53 PM   #1413
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

VOLGOGRAD METROTRAM

November 1, 2011. Construction of the stations, which planned to be open in the late November 2011:



Future terminus station "Yelshanka":

ИД «Все для Вас»

Landscaping of the nearest territory:

ИД «Все для Вас»

Vestibule of the station:

ИД «Все для Вас»


ИД «Все для Вас»
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 06:55 PM   #1414
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Platform of the station:

Albert&Shtein

List of the all Metrotram stations:

ИД «Все для Вас»


ИД «Все для Вас»


ИД «Все для Вас»

Technical platform beyond the station:

ИД «Все для Вас»


ИД «Все для Вас»
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM   #1415
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Station "TYuZ" ("Theatre for Young Spectators"):

Albert&Shtein


ИД «Все для Вас»


ИД «Все для Вас»
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM   #1416
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Station "Profsoyuznaya" ("Labor Unions"):

rakhmankovich
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:46 AM   #1417
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

6) June 30, 1898 - Vitebsk, Belarus;
7) September 24, 1898 - Sevastopol, Ukraine;
8) November 15, 1898 - Oryol:


Oryol or Orel is a city and the administrative center of Oryol Region, located on the Oka River, approximately 360 kilometers (220 miles) south-southwest of Moscow. While there are no historical records, archaeological evidence proves that a fortress settlement existed between the Oka and Orlik Rivers as early as the 12th century, when the land was a part of the Grand Principality of Chernihiv. The name of the fortress is unknown; it may not have been called Oryol (lit. Eagle) at the time. In the 13th century the fortress became a part of the Zvenigorod District of the Karachev Principality. In the early 15th century, the territory was conquered by the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The town was soon abandoned by its population, after being captured either by Lithuanians or the Crimean Tatars. The territory become a part of Russian state since March 25, 1503, after ending of Russo-Lithuanian War of 1500-1503.

Russian Tsar Ivan the Terrible decreed that a new fortress be built on the spot in 1566, for the purpose of defending the southern borders of Russia. The fortress was built very speedily, work starting in the summer of 1566 and ending in the spring of 1567. The location chosen was less than ideal strategically, as the fortress was located on a seasonally flooded low ground easily targeted from the neighboring high ground. Both the speed and location are of course due to the new fortress built upon the ruins of the old one.

False Dmitry I and his army passed through town in 1605; Ivan Bolotnikov did it in 1606; False Dmitry II camped in Oryol for the winter of 1607–1608. Hordes of Polish aggressors captured and destroyed the town in 1611 and 1615; the population abandoned the town after the second sacking and moved to Mtsensk town. Oryol District nonetheless continued to exist on paper. Oryol was rebuilt in 1636. The question of moving the fortress to the more advantageous high ground was in the air up until the 1670s, but the move was never made. The fortress was deemed unnecessary and taken apart in the early 18th century. In the mid-18th century Oryol became one of the major centers of grain production, with the Oka River being the major trade route until 1860s when it was replaced by a railroad.

Oryol was granted town status in 1702. In 1708, Oryol was included as a part of Kyiv Governorate; in 1719, Oryol Province was created within Kyiv Governorate. The Province was transferred to the newly created Belgorod Governorate in 1727. On March 11, 1778 Oryol Viceroyalty was created from parts of Voronezh and Belgorod Governorates. In 1779, the city was almost entirely rebuilt based on a new plan; and the Oryol River was renamed Orlik (lit: "little eagle"). In 1796 Oryol became centre of Oryol Governorate.

In 1859 in Oryol was built telegraph station, which connected city with St. Petersburg in Moscow. In 1860s through Oryol were built Moscow-Kursk railway and Vitebsk-Oryol railway (which later became part of the Riga-Oryol railway). Both railroads were opened in 1868. In 1881 in Oryol was built first telephone line, connecting police department with apartament of Police Chief. In 1892 was built telephone station, which originally served to 35 subscribers. By 1897 number of subscribers increased till 86. In 1911 Oryol telephone lines were connected with Moscow and other cities. By 1913 there were 400 telephone subscribers in Oryol. According to the Russian Imperial Census, in 1897 there were 70 thousand residents in Oryol.

In 1895, under leadership of French entrepreneur Fernand Guillaune, company "Societe Lyonnaise des Eaux et de l'Eclairage" (now part of "GDF Suez S.A.") was built first power station in Oryol. Some homes and main streets in Oryol were lit up by electric light for the first time. In late-1890s, under leadership of Fernand Guillaune, the same company - under the name "Compagnie mutuelle de tramways" (Belgium) - began construction of an electric tram. The contract with city authorities was signed on December 11, 1895. Guillaune was also author of project of Vitebsk Tram (Belarus), construction of which took place at the same years. The first construction works in Oryol were started in 1897. In May 1898 began construction of tram tracks. The first testing trip was been made in October 1898.

The electric tramlines (1 meter wide) were put into operation on November 15, 1898. The official ceremony of opening (with moleben and consecration of tramcars) was held at Novosil street (now Pushkin street), near tram depot (#39 Pushkin street). The tramcars were opened for passengers on the next day. The first two routes were:

1) Rail Terminal - Cadet corps

November 1898 - May 1899:
Barracks of the Chernihiv Dragoon Regiment - Moscow Highway - Moscow street - St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square) - Mary Bridge (now Red Bridge) across Oka River - Guest street - Kromy street (now Komsomol street) - Resurrection Lane - Alexander Bridge across Orlik River - Bolkhov street (now Lenin street) - Garden street (now Maxim Gorky steet) - Sverbeevsky Lane (now Pioneer street) - Cadet Corps and Charitable institutions.

May 1899 - June 1919 (on May 19, 1899 the line was slightly extended till central rail station):
Rail Terminal - Moscow Highway - Moscow street - St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square) - Mary Bridge (now Red Bridge) across Oka River - Guest street - Kromy street (now Komsomol street) - Resurrection Lane - Alexander Bridge across Orlik River - Bolkhov street (now Lenin street) - Garden street (now Maxim Gorky steet) - Sverbeevsky Lane (now Pioneer street) - Cadet Corps and Charitable Institution.

2) Novosil street (now Pushkin street) - Kromy street (now Komsomol street)

November 1898 - June 1899:
Avdeyeva's warehouse (near present-day Lyashko street) - Novosil street (now Pushkin street) - St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square) - Mary Bridge (now Red Bridge) across Oka River - Guest street - Kromy street (now Komsomol street) - Kromy Square (now Komsomol Square). The tramline at Novosil street was single-track with siding.

June 1899 - June 1919 (on June 11, 1899 the line at Novosil street was slightly extended till rail cargo station):
Rail cargo station at Novosil street (now Pushkin street) - St. Elijah Square (now Peace Sqaure) - Mary Bridge (now Red Bridge) across Oka River - Guest street - Kromy street (now Komsomol street) - Kromy Square (now Komsomol Square).

The total length of lines was 10.8 km. In beginning of 1899 began construction of the first pavilion for tram stop at St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square). Travel prices were 5 kopecks or 0.05 rubles for the trip by one route and 8 kopecks or 0.08 rubles - by two routes. The discount prices for students were 4 and 6 kopecks respectively. During first day of exploitation tramcars carried 12000 passengers, and daily profit was 600 rubles. During first week (from November 16 till November 22) the profit from exploitation of tram was 3500 rubles. The tram system was operated from 7:00am till 11:00pm. The daily salary of tram drivers and controllers was 90 kopecks or 0.9 rubles.

The first Oryol biaxial wooden tramcars were made at "Electricite et Hudraulique" plant in Charleroi, Belgium. In 1898 were 22 Belgian motor tramcars and 14 trailers in Oryol (the latter were used in summer period). In 1914 four more motor tramcars from Antwerp (Belgium) were delivered into Oryol.

On December 24, 1907 was opened third tramline - from Convent to 2nd Kursk street. This single-track line was built along whole 2nd Kursk street, from its crossing with Novosil street (now Pushkin street) to the railroad. There were projects of construction of two more lines in Oryol: the project of 1912 - to built tramline from Cadet corps along the Sts. Boris & Gleb street (now Saltykov-Shchedrin street) to the St. George Church at Bolkhov street (now Lenin street); project of 1918 - to built tramline from Guest street along the Resurrection street (now Gagarin street) to the Kromskaya rail station.

After the October Revolution of 1917, the city was in communist hands, except for a brief period between October 13 and October 20 of 1919 when it was controlled by Anton Denikin’s White Army. In June 1919, due to Russian Civil War, tram exploitation was stopped.

THE HISTORY OF NARROW-GAUGE TRAM IN ORYOL DURING 1898-1941
Red line A - initial first route (two-tracks line); opened on November 15, 1898;
Orange line - eastern extension of first route to the Rail Terminal; extended on May 19, 1899;
Red line B - initial second route (partially at single-track line); opened on November 15, 1898;
Yellow line - eastern extension of second route to the rail cargo station; extended on June 11, 1899;
Violet line - third route (single-track line); opened on December 24, 1907;
Dashed turquoise line - project of 1912;
Dashed brown line - project of 1918;
Black lines - Railroads.

Note: All dates before 1918 at this map are written according to Julian calendar, which was used in Russian Empire before the Revolution.

CLICKABLE:

Павел Зюзин
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:48 AM   #1418
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s. Motor tramcars and trailers in the depot:

Киреев Андрей

1900s. Terminus station of first route near Oryol Rail Terminal:

Киреев Андрей

1900s, Moscow street. Exaltation of the Cross Church:

Link

1900s, St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square). Alexander Nevsky Chapel:

NovSer

1900s, Alexander Nevsky Chapel at St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square). Crossing of two routes:

Link
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:51 AM   #1419
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, wooden pavilion of tram stop at St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square):

NovSer

1900s, St. Elijah Square. Intercession Church:

Orel-churches

1900s, St. Elijah Square (now Peace Square). Transfiguration Church and Intercession Church:

Orel-churches
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2011, 12:52 AM   #1420
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s. Mary Bridge (now Red Bridge) across Oka River:

Киреев Андрей

1900s. Mary Bridge (now Red Bridge) across Oka River:

Link

1900s. Guest street:

Киреев Андрей

1900s, Kromy street (now Komsomol street). View from the building of City Council (now Theatre for Young Spectators):

Сергей Сергеев из Орла

1900s, Alexander Bridge across Orlik River:

Киреев Андрей
__________________

geometarkv liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
метро, kazan, metro, novosibirsk, samara, st. petersburg, subway, transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium