daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:50 PM   #1461
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1910s. City Hall (left), Iberian Gate (centre) and State Historical Museum (right):

vgd

1910s, tramcar at St. Basil Descent:

keynessa

1914, Red Square. State Historical Museum and Iberian Gate on the background:

retromoscow

1910s, biaxial tramcar of Kolomna Plant (made in 1908) at Red Square. Upper Trading Rows (now GUM department store) on the background:

insros
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #1462
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

SEPTEMBER 8, 1999. HISTORICAL PARADE DEDICATED TO 100-ANNIVERSARY OF MOSCOW ELECTRIC TRAM

Report of one of the spectators (not my )

"In September of 1999, Moscow prepared to celebrate the centennial of its most traditional and beloved way of public transportation - the tram. The celebration was to take place on September 10 and September 11; the Museum of Public Transportation was to be opened on September 10, 1999. The grand heritage tramcars procession and the gala concert at the Central Academic Russian Army Theatre were scheduled on September 11. However, it was not meant to happen as planned: on September 9, 1999 Moscow was shaken by the first bombing of an apartment building on Guryanov street. Even though most public events in Moscow were cancelled, the Museum's opening did take place, but on a much smaller scale than originally planned. The procession of tramcars was delayed for one week, but the second bombing of another apartment building (on September 13 at Kashira Highway) put an end to the plans. Thus, the city was in shock, and to put on any kind of a celebration was unthinkable.

The only consolation was that the day before the celebration was scheduled to begin, there was a full dress rehearsal where everyone was supposed to do exactly what they would do during the real event. This rehearsal was successfully executed by all participants: Department of Transportation officials, tram drivers, and the fans of the event. Of course, there were no crowds, no theatrical presentations, no gala concert, but where the tram itself was concerned, it all went well. The tram workers did not feel like they have left much out. Everyone was excited after the rehearsal, and it felt like a holiday all by itself. That's why the rehearsal on September 8 is now officially known as the Centennial Jubilee Parade of Tramcars.

The plan for that festive day on September 11th was as follows:
10:45 am. Performers and passengers are seated in tramcars that are lined up on Babayev street for the parade.
11:00 am. The old tramcars begin to move in the parade with a 60-meter (200 feet) distance in between. The orchestra plays.
12:00 pm. The parade arrives at Peace Avenue in front of a local "McDonalds". A band is playing festive music.
12:30 pm. Grand Opening. Theatrical performances commence along with the celebration.
1:30 pm. Parade continues on Peace Avenue and Suvorov Square. Moscow Government officials and other special guests are invited to participate.
2:00-3:00 pm. The parade comes to an end at Durov's Corner (Theatre of Animals).

Finally the rehearsal began. By 10:00am tramcars were lined up along Babayev street on the service depot tracks. The diversity between them was great: modern cars followed antiques that were completely restored for the occasion. The first cars to lead in this parade was the unbelievable coupling: the first 1999-made TMRP-1 001 car (modernized Tatra-3, the original fleet #2813), pulling the horse-drawn car, the oldest in the collection! TMRP-1 N002 (fleet #3303) was next, followed by tram-cafe "Annushka" ("Annie", #0123), then BF (#934), F (#164) with the trailer N #1113, KM #2170 car with the KP-trailer, RVZ-6 (#220), T2 (#378), the old two-door T3 (#1010), followed by modern KTM-616 and KTM-619.

The arranged parade of tramcars was mostly orderly, except for one part: the BF car train (1927) was in front of the older F (1908). Everything else seemed fine. But, wait a minute, MTV was missing! Where did the car go? As it turned out, the restored MTV was not lost, it was just delayed. The other MTV car #2309 was not part of the parade. It was used as a service car. During its fifty years of contiguous service it underwent only minor restorations. Everyone who knew this began cheering as soon as the car came into view.


The #2309 MTV-82A service car (made in 1950 at Riga Plant) turns onto Babayev street (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

Finally the restored MTV #1278 appeared. It was displayed with pride, but unfortunately the historical order was altered. At the actual parade the MTV should have gone after KM and KP.

The museum MTV-82A car #1278 (made in 1948 at Tushino Plant near Moscow) on Babayev T-crossing, followed by Tatra T3 cars in regular service - they were not part of the rehearsal (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

Many pictures were taken during this rehearsal. To make the shots more exciting, people tried to take them from different places. At one point it was even necessary to take the subway in order to outrun the parade. This made the "photo-shoot" a lot of fun! Can you beleive it? What a sight - modern next to the old!

TMRP-1 001 #2813 (made in 1998), pulling the horse-drawn car, on Komsomol Square:

Link

Tram-cafe "Annushka" ("Annie") two-door #1234 from Apakov depot, BF, and F cars entering Komsomol Square (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:55 PM   #1463
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

F car #164 (made in 1908 at Mytishchi Plant near Moscow) with N-trailer (Nuremberg Type) #1113 on Komsomol Square (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

KM car #2170 (made in 1930 at Kolomna Plant) with KP-trailer on Komsomol Square, followed by MTV-82A (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

The wooden cars were followed by the After-War, sleek metal cars. Sadly, the two-door Tatra T3 was not there. T2 was followed by the newest KTM 71-616, the last in the parade. Only two such cars were created at this moment, both were placed in the same Rusakov depot and given the same fleet number 0001!

Tatra-2SU #378 (made in 1960) (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

After parading of Fire Watchtower street, the line turned onto Protopopov Lane approaching to the square, where most of the festivities were to take place. In the actual parade the line was to be divided in half.

The second half of tramcars has stopped on Protopopov Lane before crossing the Peace Avenue (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #1464
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

At the same time a crowd has gathered in front of a "McDonalds"; among this crowd some Moscow Transit officials were watching and discussing the rehearsal.

Tram-cafe "Annushka" ("Annie"). Side view (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

Awaiting the next step in the parade, tram fans sat in old cars discussing the event. Then they noticed that four horses have been harnessed to the horse-drawn car. Excited, they hurried to take pictures. The place of horse-driven tram demonstraion was poorly chosen because it was located on a hill. Since experience of operation was lost, the wagon was going down very slowly, just for safety.

The horse-drawn tram ("konka"), harnessed with the team of four horses, descending on Durov street (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

On the intersection of Olympic Avenue traffic police was on duty. One by one, the tramcars went down the hilly Durov street heading to the Theatre of Animals. Pictures of heritage cars with modern sports complex building in the backround were promising.

BF #934 (made in 1927 at Mytishchi Plant near Moscow) near the Olympic Sports Complex (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

Here is the Theatre of Animals itself, better known in Moscow as the Durov's Corner. This picture of RVZ-6 was taken from the same street as the rest, but from the opposite side.

RVZ-6 #220 (made in 1963 at Riga Plant) near the Durov's Corner (photo by Alexander Morozov):

Link

The cars traveled down the hill and lined up between the Russian Army Theatre and the garden. This is where the parade came to an end. Not all veteran cars completed the trip successfully. Two minor breakages occurred: bow fastening break with the F-car, and reduction gear jam with the KM-car. Overall, the procession was a success. Despite the fact that the actual parade never took place, the rehearsal was memorable to those who saw it".
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 11:59 PM   #1465
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

July 28, 2000. Biaxial tramcar of Mytishchi Plant (made in 1908):

Vladislav Prudnikov

September 6, 2003. Biaxial tramcar of Mytishchi Plant (made in 1908) near Clean Ponds Boulevard:

Артём Светлов

October 16, 2008. Biaxial tramcar of Mytishchi Plant (made in 1908) near Krasnopresnenskoe tram depot:

Артём Светлов
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #1466
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

May 16, 2009. Biaxial tramcar of Mytishchi Plant (made in 1908) near Red Pond traction substation (built in 1904):

Сергей Орлов

June 13, 2009. Biaxial tramcar of Mytishchi Plant (made in 1908) near Clean Ponds Boulevard:

Сергей Орлов

June 12, 2010. Salon of the biaxial tramcar of Mytishchi Plant (made in 1908):

Александр Конов

September 29, 2010. Tram depot named after Pyotr Apakov:

Александр Конов
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1467
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Fortunately, the celebrations, dedicated to the 110-anniversary of Moscow electric tram, were held much more successfully than celebrations of the centenary.

MAY 1, 2009. REPETITION OF THE HISTORICAL PARADE, DEDICATED TO THE 110-ANNIVERSARY OF MOSCOW ELECTRIC TRAM



JUNE 13, 2009. HISTORICAL PARADE DEDICATED TO 110-ANNIVERSARY OF MOSCOW ELECTRIC TRAM

Here are presented:
1) Horse-drawn tramcar #35 (this replica was constructed in 1999);
2) Electric biaxial tramcar F #164 (constructed in 1908 at Mytishchi Plant near Moscow);
3) Electric biaxial tramcar BF #932 (constructed in 1927 at Kolomna Plant);
4) Electric four-axial tramcar KM #2170 (constructed in 1930 at Kolomna Plant):



Retro tramcars are departing tram stop "Kaluga Square":

Last edited by AlekseyVT; May 26th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #1468
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

VLADIVOSTOK AEROEXPRESS

November 5, 2011. Future platform for Aeroexpress trains:

Black_Diamond


Black_Diamond


Black_Diamond

Future Aeroexpress terminal:

Black_Diamond


Black_Diamond


Black_Diamond

The new luggage room:

Black_Diamond
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:07 PM   #1469
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

NIZHNY BOVGOROD-BOR CABLEWAY

November 4, 2011. Construction of the cableway Nizhny Novgorod-Bor across the Volga River. Nizhny Novgorod station:

mr. MyXiN


mr. MyXiN

Volga River and Bor town on the background:

mr. MyXiN


mr. MyXiN
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #1470
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


CLICKABLE


mr. MyXiN


mr. MyXiN
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #1471
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

ST. PETERSBURG METRO

November 2011. Construction of the station "Admiralteyskaya" ("Admiralty"), which planned to be opened in the end of this year:

Link


goodspeedy


goodspeedy


goodspeedy
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #1472
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Near the small escalator tunnel (between platform and intermediate hall):

sokolos


sokolos

Small escalator tunnel:

sokolos

Machine hall:

sokolos
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:04 PM   #1473
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


sokolos


sokolos


sokolos


sokolos
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:05 PM   #1474
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Mosaic panel over the hermetic door:

sokolos

Intermediate hall:

sokolos

Central hall of the station:

sokolos

Mosaic panel "Founding of Admiralty" in the end of central hall:

sokolos
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #1475
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094


sokolos


sokolos


sokolos

There will be bas-reliefs of the most famous Russian admirals in those circular niches in the pylons:

sokolos
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #1476
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Compass rose:

sokolos


sokolos


sokolos

And for addition - central hall of the station "Mezhdunarodnaya" ("International"), which planned to be opened next year:

Ignat Chernyaev
__________________

Rail_Serbia liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 02:42 PM   #1477
LarisaCh
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 3rd Rome
Posts: 388
Likes (Received): 4

Aleksey,

Thank you for good photos of old Moscow!
LarisaCh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #1478
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Lara, thanks again!

I'm always glad to know that at least one lady loves to read this very specific thread.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #1479
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

11) September 3, 1899 - Zhytomyr, Ukraine;
12) September 26, 1899 - Libava (now Liepāja), Latvia;
13) December 2, 1899 - Kazan:


Kazan is the capital and largest city of the Republic of Tatarstan, Russia. Kazan lies at the confluence of the Volga and Kazanka Rivers in European part of the country. In April 2009, the Russian Patent Office granted Kazan the right to brand itself as the "Third Capital" of Russia. The Kazan Kremlin is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Horse-drawn tram in Kazan (1875-1900)

In the mid-19th century Kazan was one of the largest cities in Volga Region. But city was located in few kilometers from Volga Embankment. In 19th century were built piers of the first steamship companies, and transport communication with city became relevant - every year during the spring freshets connection with Kazan was stops for a weeks. The first step in changing the situation was the construction of Admiralteyskaya dam. The second step was the opening of stagecoach (omnibus) route between Kazan (Tolchok Market) and Volga piers at Far Mouth settlement on February 5, 1854. It was date of opening of first public transport in Kazan. However, it turned out to be unprofitable for the owners and has been closed.

On October 14, 1875 horse-drawn tram was put into operation in Kazan, the fourth in Russian Empire (after St. Petersburg, Warsaw and Moscow) and third in present-day Russia. Initially there were two tramlines:
1) Volga Line - from Tolchok Market in the centre of city to the Nearest Mouth and Far Mouth settlements (piers of Volga River);
2) Prolomnaya Line - from Tolchok Market along Big Prolomnaya street (now Bauman street) through Fish Row Square (now Ğabdulla Tuqay Square) to the Cloth Settlement district.

During first year of operation horsecars carried 1.164.809 passengers. In 1892 State Councillor N. Markov became new owner of tram network. He together with I. Likhachev signed new contract with City Council on the further extension of horse-drawn tramlines. But in 1893 Markov and Likhachev handed the agreement with all rights and liabilities to Belgian "Joint stock company of horse-drawn railways in Kazan".

In 1890s were built three other tramlines:
3) Georgian Line - from Nicholas Square (now Lenin Garden) near Kazan Kremlin to Arsk Field (now Nikolay Yershov street), which in 19th century has been built up with housing, and there was held trade fair. The route was: Resurrection street (now Kremlin street) - Left Black Lake street (now Dzerzhinsky street) - Nicholas Square (now Lenin Garden) - Intercession street (now Karl Marx street) - Georgian street (now Karl Marx street) - Arsk Field (now Nikolay Yershov street) - Arsk cemetery;
4) Central Line: Upper St. Theodore street (now Pushkin street) - 1st Theatrical street (now Pushkin street) - Fish Row street (now Pushkin street) - Evangelists street (now Tatarstan street);
5) St. Catherine Line: Tolchok Market - Vladimir street (now Moscow street) - Moscow street - Hay Square - Evangelists street (now Tatarstan street) - Tikhvin street (now Ğabdulla Tuqay street) - St. Catherine street (now Ğabdulla Tuqay street) - factory of Krestovnikov brothers.

In the end of 19th century in Kazan were 5 tramlines (43 stops) with total length 18.3 km and two horsecar depots - Admiralteyskoe (200 horses) and Arskoye (130 horses). The average speed of horse-drawn tram was no more than 7.5 km per hour.

Map of the horse-drawn tramlines in Kazan (1875-1900):
I - Volga Line;
II - Prolomnaya Line;
III - Georgian Line;
IV - Central Line;
V - St. Catherine Line:


Link
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 10:57 PM   #1480
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Electric tram in Kazan (1899-1920)

In 1895 Belgian joint-stock company "Gas and electricity" was built the first power station in Kazan (175V DC). After this, Belgian "Joint stock company of horse-drawn railways in Kazan" decided to electrify own tram network. In 1898 began construction of the Central tram power station on Lake Nizhny Kaban, at the crossing of Evangelists street (now Tatarstan street) and Left Embankment of Kaban (now Şihabetdin Märcani street). On October 27, 1899 this oil-fired steam power station (550V DC) was put into operation.

The official ceremony of opening of electric tram was held on December 2, 1899 near Central tram power station. According to tradition, tramcars were opened for public after religious moleben. Initially there were electrified three tramlines of five:
1) Prolomnaya Line: Tolchok Market - Big Prolomnaya street (now Bauman street) - Fish Row Square (now Ğabdulla Tuqay Square) - Cloth Settlement district;
2) Georgian Line: Nicholas Square (now Lenin Garden) - Georgian street (now Karl Marx street) - Arsk cemetery;
3) Fish Row Line: Upper St. Theodore street (now Pushkin street) - Fish Row Square (now Ğabdulla Tuqay Square) - Evangelists street (now Tatarstan street).

There were 15 km of electric tramlines and 36 tramcars. Admiralteyskoe depot became used only for electric tramlines (capacity - 20 tramcars). On September 13, 1900 were put into operation 11 electric tramcars at Volga Line (Tolchok Market - Volga piers at Far Mouth settlement). The total length increased till 17 km, there were 36 electric tramcars in Kazan. On December 26, 1900 was electrified St. Catherine Line: Tolchok Market - Vladimir street (now Moscow street) - Krestovnikovs factory. Therefore, all Kazan tramlines were electrified.

Of course, Belgian owners spent a lot of money for purchase of new electric tramcars "Nivelles", its transportation and exploitation of power station. For increasing of profit, the former two-floor horse-drawn tramcars were rebuilt into trailers. Therefore, Kazan became only city in Russia, where two-floor tramcars were used at electric tramlines. In 1904 there were 36 motor tramcars and 45 trailers in Kazan, capacity of Arskoe depot was increased till 36 tramcars. In 1905 there were 26 km of electric tramlines in Kazan, including 16 km of two-track lines.

In 1906 was put into operation tramline at Resurrection street (now Kremlin street) near Kazan Kremlin, and Georgian Line was extended from Arsk Field (now Nikolay Yershov street) to the Academic Settlement. In 1909 were introduced free tram tickets for students. In 1912 for military persons were introduced free tram ticket for the trip at second-class seats and at "imperial" (upper deck) of trailers. The average speed of electric tramcars was 11-13 km/h, the maximal speed - 25 km/h. There were two types of tramcars - open-type and closed-type. Each tramcar had first-class and second-class places. The travel prices were 5 kopecks or 0.05 rubles (first-class places) and 3 kopecks or 0.03 kopecks (second-class places) for the trip by Ressurection Line. For the trip by longest Volga-Prolomnaya Line travel prices were 20 kopecks and 11 kopecks respectively. It, however, was cheap comparing with travel by cab (20-80 kopecks). Travel time by whole Volga-Prolomnaya Line was 45-55 minutes.

In 1914 there were 5 electric tramlines in Kazan. Its detailed routes were:
1) combined Volga-Prolomnaya Line: Far Mouth settlement (Volga piers) - Admiralteyskaya settlement - Tolchok Market - Big Prolomnaya street (now Bauman street) - Fish Row Square (now Ğabdulla Tuqay Square) - St. George street (now St. Petersburg street) - Cloth Settlement district;
2) new Ressurection Line: St. John Square (now May Day Square) near Kazan Kremlin - Resurrection street (now Kremlin street) - University street - Big Prolomnaya street (now Bauman street) - Fish Row Square (now Ğabdulla Tuqay Square) - Shcherbakov Lane - New Potter street (now Butlerov street) - Transverse street of 2nd and 3rd Hills (now Aivazovsky street) - 2nd Hill street (now Volkov street);
3) Georgian Line: St. John Square (now May Day Square) near Kazan Kremlin - Resurrection street (now Kremlin street) - Left Black Lake street (now Dzerzhinsky street) - Lobachevsky street - Intercession street (now Karl Marx street) - Theatre Square (now Freedom Square) - Georgian street (now Karl Marx street) - Arsk Field (now Nikolay Yershov street) - Academic Settlement district and Russian Switzerland Garden;
4) Circular Line, extended former Central Line: Rail Terminal - Transverse Vladimir street (now Chernyshevsky street) - Guest Court street (now Chernyshevsky street) - Big Prolomnaya street (now Bauman street) - St. John Square (now May Day Square) - Resurrection street (now Kremlin street) - Kazan street (now Upland street) - Exaltation street (now Karl Marx street) - Transverse Kazan street (now Yapeev street) - Lower St. Theodore street (now Fedoseev street) - Kasatkina street - Pushkin street - Fish Row street (now Pushkin street) - Fish Row Square (now Ğabdulla Tuqay Square) - Evangelists street (now Tatarstan street) - Big Philistine street (now Narimanov street) - Rail Terminal;
5) St. Catherine Line: St. John Square (now May Day Square) near Kazan Kremlin - Tolchok Market - Guest Court street (now Chernyshevsky street) - Transverse Vladimir street (now Chernyshevsky street) - Moscow street - Hay Square - Evangelists street (now Tatarstan street) - St. Catherine street (now Ğabdulla Tuqay street) - Krestovnikovs factory.

In 1914 total length of electric tramlines increased till 50.4 km. There were 275 tram workers and 105 tramcars, which carried 15.6 mln. passengers. In 1915 annual passenger traffic increased till 18.7 mln, in 1916 - till 21.7 mln. In 1916 Belgian "Joint stock company of urban railways in Kazan" was transformed into Russian partnership. After beginning of WWI, was stopped tramcar repairs due to price increase on necessary materials. As result, by the end of 1917, there were used only 24-26 motor tramcars and 8-10 trailers per day.

In 1917, due to difficulties of military times, they became use firewoods as fuel for Central tram power station instead of fuel-oil. On October 18, 1917 tram workers took part in the general strike. In December 1917 in the tram depot was created party Bolshevik unit. In early 1918, due to a sharp increase in prices, the workers were forced to demand wage increases. Administration of partnership has refused to comply with those demands by threatening dismissal and closure of the tram network. On April 9, 1918 administration was removed from the control over Kazan tram. Management of tram network was transferred to the board and an internal committee of employees.

In the Kazan Operation of August 1918, city was briefly occupied by Czechoslovak Legions. The most important result was the capturing of the Gold Reserves of Russian Empire, moved to Kazan during First World War for better safety (prior to WWI, it were largest world's gold reserves). Bolsheviks lost control over the Volga Region and access to Middle Asia and Siberia. During one month, from August 6 till September 8, Czechoslovaks used tram system only for military purposes. On September 10, after storming the city from three directions, Red Army troops took control of Kazan. On December 7, 1918 tram network passed under the jurisdiction of municipal department of the Kazan Board of Deputies. By winter of 1919, there were used only 13 tramcars per day. In 1919 there were only 20 motor cars and 10 trailers in Kazan. Since February 1919 till December 1921 tramcars served only for cargo transportation, passenger tramcars were rebuilt, tramlines were extended to the railroad and in the industrial areas.

1914, SCHEME OF KAZAN TRAMLINES
1) Red line - Volga-Prolomnaya Line;
2) Blue line - Ressurection Line;
3) Brown line - Georgian Line;
4) Green line - Circular Line;
5) Orange line - St. Catherine Line:


Link
CLICKABLE
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
метро, kazan, metro, novosibirsk, samara, st. petersburg, subway, transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium