daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:01 AM   #1501
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900, Tramcar in Astrakhan:

astrakhan-electro

1900, Tram depot in Astrakhan:

astrakhan-electro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1502
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, Steamship street (now Admiralteyskaya street):

Etoretro

1900s, Kutum Embankment (now Red Embankment):

Etoretro

1900s, Astrakhan. Regional Court:

Etoretro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:02 AM   #1503
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, Tobacco Row street (now Kirov street):

Etoretro

1900s, St. Nicholas street:

Etoretro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #1504
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, crossing of Moscow street (now Soviet street) and Police street (now Kirov street):

Etoretro

1900s, Police street (now Kirov street):

Etoretro

1900s, Police street (now Kirov street):

Etoretro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #1505
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, Police street (now Kirov street):

Etoretro

1900s, Post Office at Police street (now Kirov street):

Etoretro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #1506
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, Alexander Boulevard (now Lenin Square):

Владислав Мартыненко

1900s, Alexander Boulevard (now Lenin Square):

Etoretro

1910s, Alexander Boulevard (now Lenin Square). Assumption Cathedral and cathedral bell tower of Astrakahan Kremlin on the background:

Etoretro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:07 AM   #1507
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1910s, view of Astrakhan Kremlin from northern side. Artillery Tower:

Etoretro

1900s, tramline near Astrakhan Kremlin. Artillery Tower (right):

Link

1900s, Alexander street (now Burov street):

Etoretro

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 24th, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #1508
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

"Old Astrakhan", Police street (now Kirov street). Painter - Sergey Dyakov:

astrakhanfoto

"Old Astrakhan", Police street (now Kirov street). Painter - Sergey Dyakov:

owen1141952

"Old Astrakhan", Kutum River. Painter - Sergey Dyakov:

owen1141952
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #1509
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

April 29, 2011. "Monument to the Astrakhan Tram" at Savushkin street:

damir-sh


damir-sh
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:57 AM   #1510
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

15) September 4, 1900 - Helsinki, Finland;
16) December 23, 1900 - Yekaterinodar (now Krasnodar)
(including December 27, 1914 - Pashkovskaya stanitsa):


Krasnodar is a city in Southern Russia on the Kuban River, located around 148 kilometers (92 miles) northeast of the Black Sea port of Novorossiysk. It is the administrative center of Krasnodar Region (also known as Kuban).

The city was founded on January 12, 1794 as Yekaterinodar. The original name meant "Catherine's Gift" simultaneously in recognition of Catherine the Great's grant of land in the Kuban region to the Black Sea Cossacks (later the Kuban Cossacks) and in recognition of Saint Catherine, the Martyr, who is considered to be the patron of the city. The origin of the city starts with a fortress built by the Cossacks in order to defend imperial borders and claim Russian ownership over Circassia, which was contested by Ottoman Turkey. In the first half of the 19th century Yekaterinodar grew into a busy center of the Kuban Cossacks. In 1860 Yekaterinodar became administrative centre of Kuban Region. It was granted town status in 1867. In 1870s-1880s the segment of North Caucasian Railway (Tikhoretsk-Yekaterinodar-Novorossiysk) was completed. This turned Yekaterinodar into large commercial, industrial and transport center of the North Caucasus. By 1888 about 45.000 people lived in the city and it became a vital trade center of southern Russia. This number increased till 65.606 residents in 1897. In 1897, an obelisk commemorating 200 year old history of Kuban Cossack Host was built in Yekaterinodar.

In 1886-1887 City Council received two separate proposals for the construction of horse-drawn tramlines in Yekaterinodar, which were rejected after its studying. In 1893 they received one more proposal, but it was also rejected. Finally, on June 9, 1897 city authorities signed contract with French "General company of traction" for construction of two electric tramlines in the central part of Yekaterinodar. However, on March 2, 1898 "General company of traction" handed the agreement with all rights and liabilities to Belgian "Compagnie de traction et d'electricite" ("Company of traction and electricity"). On July 1, 1898 Belgian company got right on construction at the territory of the Russian Empire. The cost of construction was 400.000 rubles, that was too expensive for city authorities. According to the contract, tram network should be transferred in the city property after 40 years of exploitation. City officials received 3% of annual profits from tram exploitation.

The construction work began on September 17, 1899. This day began construction of Central tram depot, power station and workshops at St. Catherine street (now Peace street). The ceremony of opening was held on December 23, 1900. There were opened two lines (1 meter wide):
1) two-track Red Line: from Municipal Garden to the Pasture street (now Khakurate street); along the Post street, Red street and Rostov street (now Red street). Total length - 3.58 km;
2) single-track St. Catherine Line: from Red street to the Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal (now Krasnodar I), along the St. Catherine street (now Peace street). Total length - 1.5 km.

The overhead lines at Red Line were attached to an elegant cast-iron pillars, which were set in the space between the tracks. Two contact wires were stretched close to one another above the single-track St. Catherine Line. The wooden pillars were set along the edges of the roadway. The tramcars were opened for passengers on December 24, 1900. There were 10 motor tramcars and 10 trailers in Yekaterinodar (8 motor tramcars at Red Line and 2 - at St. Catherine Line), which were made by "Walker" company. Its maximal speed was 10 km/h. Travel price for the trip by Red Line (with the right of interchange to St. Catherine Line) was 5 kopecks or 0.05 rubles. During first years of exploitation tramcars carried 2.5 mln. passengers.

By 1909, "Compagnie de traction et d'electricite" ("Company of traction and electricity") handed the agreement with all rights and liabilities to Belgian "General society of tram enterprises and the use of electricity". Its representative in Yekaterinodar was Belgian "Joint-stock company of tramways" ("Societe anonyme Belge des tramways"). On April 1, 1909 city authorities signed additional contract with this company for extension of Yekaterinodar tram network. In 1909 there were put into operation so-called "Nuremberg-type" MAN tramcars in Yekaterinodar. In mid-1909 was reconstructed St. Catherine Line, which became a two-track. On September 20, 1909 was put into operation first stage of St. Demetrius Line to Intercession Market: from Red street to the New Blacksmith street; along the St. Demetrius street (now Gorky street) and Garden street.

In early 1910 Red Line was extended from bread market to the slaughterhouse; along the Rostov street (now Red street). On August 28, 1910 was opened temporary tramline from Garden street to the Exhibition (length - 0.78 km), which was dismantled after the exhibition. By November 11, 1910 there were 24 tramcars and 10.11 km of tramlines in Yekaterinodar. On November 27, 1910 was put into operation second stage of St. Demetrius Line from Red street to Battery street (now Turgenev street); along the St. Demetrius street (now Gorky street), Medvedovskaya street (now Kirov street) and Blacksmith street (now Kalinin street). Also, there was put into operation service tramline from tram enterprise to St. Demetrius street (now Gorky street); along the south bank of Karasun Canal (now Suvorov street) and Base street. In the end of 1910 was opened station (later - Suburban and Northern tram depot), originally intended to contain open-type trailers and old motor tramcars. For connection with Red Line, was built service line from slaughterhouse to this station; along the Rostov street (now Red street). In 1911 this line was extended from tram station to Chistyakov Grove (popular place for rest), and was formed new route "slaughterhouse - grove". The interchange from Red Line to this suburban line has been near slaughterhouse. Travel price at this line was 3 kopecks or 0.03 rubles. The tramcars at suburban line operated till 11:00pm.

On July 17, 1911 was put into operation new part of St. Catherine Line from Red street to Elizabeth street (now Chkalov street); along the St. Catherine street (now Peace street), Medvedovskaya street (now Kirov street) and Gymnasium street. Therefore, was formed new route "Pier - Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal". Some later, was put into operation third stage of St. Demetrius Line from Battery street (now Turgenev street) to Tannery street; along the Furrier street and Direct Lane. This line was built between city centre and industrial suburbs. The majority of its passengers were workers. For this reason, at this line were exploited worst tramcars in Yekaterinodar - without mirrors and curtains at the windows. The closed-type tramcars for winter period at this line worked only from December - later than at other lines. By 1912, there were 53 motor tramcars and 25 trailers in Yekaterinodar. The total length of tramlines was 14.34 km (Red Line - 4.23 km, suburban line - 1.71 km; St. Catherine Line - 2.94 km and St. Demetrius Line - 5.46 km).

By 1912, due to increasing of passenger traffic in the centre of city, one of terminus stations of Red Line was removed from bread market to New street (now Budyonny street). There were five routes:
1) Municipal Garden - slaughterhouse (Red Line);
2) Municipal Garden - New street, now Budyonny street (Red Line, abbreviated route);
3) Pier - Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal, now Krasnodar I (St. Catherine Line);
4) Tannery - Garden street (St. Demetrius Line);
5) Slaughterhouse - Chistyakov Grove (suburban line).

In 1913-1914, due to construction of terminal for new Black Sea-Kuban railway, suburban tramline was partly dismantled. In April 1914 was opened new line from Suburban tram depot (Northern tram depot) to the Chistyakov Grove via viaduct. The part of old line became to use for the new route from slaughterhouse to Black Sea Rail Terminal (now Krasnodar II), which was opened at same year. On July 16, 1914, due to difficult working conditions and low salary, all tram staff (200 workers) organized a strike. Next day there worked only few tramcars in Yekaterinodar, recruited students worked by controllers. As result, Belgian company was forced to pay a fine of 10 thousand rubles to the city treasury for bad organisation of tram exploitation. Then they tried to hire new workers for the work by tram driver and controller. But qualification of inexperienced workers was too low, that led to the numerous breakages and insufficient revenue. As result, Belgian company was forced to make concessions and to fulfill all requirements of old workers. On July 21, 1914 strike ended. In November 1915 was put into operation tramline from Nicholas Avenue (now Red street) to the new building of Main Post Office; along the Karasun street.

Pashkovskaya Line

In 1908 began construction of the suburban tramline to Pashkovskaya stanitsa. Pashkovsky kurin (settlement) of a Black Sea Cossack Host was founded in 1794. In 1821 there were 165 houses in the settlement. In 1842 Pashkovsky kurin was renamed into Pashkovskaya stanitsa (Cossack settlement). Since 1940 till 1953 stanitsa was centre of Pashkovsky District. On April 15, 1958 Pashkovskaya stanitsa was transformed into the workers’ settlement Pashkovsky. In 2004 urban-type settlement Pashkovsky became the microdistrict of Krasnodar city.

In 1908 was established "First Russian partnership of the electric-motor tram Yekaterinodar-Pashkovskaya" and was approved the project of construction of a new line between Yekaterinodar and Pashkovskaya stanitsa. On July 14, 1910 City Council signed contract with "Russian partnership". After this was started construction of single-track Pashkovskaya Line (1 meter wide) from the Red street to the Pashkovsky Deadend; along the Gogol street, Railway street, Mountain street (now Vishnyakova street), Stavropol street and Peter the Great street (now Yevdokia Bershanskaya street). It was opened on April 4, 1912. The lenght of this line was 12.8 km, including 10.7 km of suburban part. There were used 4 petrol-driven tramcars, which were serving by Pashkovskoe tram depot (now Eastern tram depot) at Stavropol street.

On July 29, 1914 City Council signed new contract with "Russian partnership", which established specific dates for the electrification of existing Pashkovskaya Line, for construction of branch line to the Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal (now Krasnodar I) and for the organization of two urban routes. Petrol-driven tramcars were rebuilt into motor tramcars. In 1914 they got 5 motor tramcars and 7 trailers from MAN. The urban part of this line was electrified on December 27, 1914. This day was opened two-track line from Nicholas Avenue (now Red street) to the Wide street (now Shevchenko street). In 1915 was electrified suburban part of Pashkovskaya Line and petrol-driven trams were replaced with electric trams. On August 3, 1915 was opened branch of this line from Railway street to the Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal (now Krasnodar I); along the Gogol street. The total length of Pashkovskaya Line was increased till 13.3 km.

There were three routes:
1) Nicholas Avenue (now Red street) - Pashkovskaya stanitsa (suburban route);
2) Nicholas Avenue (now Red street) - Wide street, now Shevchenko street (urban route);
3) Nicholas Avenue (now Red street) - Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal, now Krasnodar I (urban route).

For long time during the Russian Civil War the city remained a stronghold of the White movement and anti-Bolshevism at the North Caucasus. It changed hands several times between the Red Army and Volunteer Army, many Kuban Cossacks were committed anti-Bolsheviks who supported the White Movement. Finally, on March 17, 1920 Yekaterinodar was taken by parts of 9th Red Army. Power in the city was transferred to the Kuban Executive Committee, and later - to the Kuban Regional Revolutionary Committee. On June 2, 1920 Pashkovskaya Line and urban tramlines were municipalized and included in the urban tram system of Yekaterinodar. Together with electric water station, tram enterprises were merged into "Wateltram" trust. By 1920, there were 49 motor tramcars and 24 trailers in Yekaterinodar. Due to effects of Civil War, some tram routes (in particular, route Red street - Rail Terminal) were closed for long time. In the end of year, St. Catherine street was renamed into Proletarian street (now Peace street), and St. Catherine Line became Proletarian Line. On December 7, 1920 Yekaterinodar was renamed into Krasnodar. There are two potential meanings for the new name of the city: Krasno-, meaning either "beautiful" (an older root) or "red" (especially relevant considering the political atmosphere of the time); and -dar, meaning "gift". Thus, the city's name means either "beautiful gift" or "red gift" (i.e. "gift of the Reds").

Scheme of Yekaterinodar tram network in 1901. Red Line and St. Catherine Line (X - Central tram depot at St. Catherine street, now Peace street):

kubtransport
CLICKABLE

Last edited by AlekseyVT; December 5th, 2013 at 12:27 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #1511
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Scheme of Yekaterinodar tram network in 1913. Red Line, St. Catherine Line, St. Demetrius Line, Pashkovskaya Line, suburban line and temporary line to the exhibition (X - Central tram depot at St. Catherine street, now Peace street, X - Suburban (Northern) tram depot, X - Pashkovskoe (Eastern) tram depot at Stavropol street):

kubtransport
CLICKABLE

Scheme of Yekaterinodar tram network in 1916. Red line, St. Catherine Line, St. Demetrius Line, Pashkovskaya Line, suburban line, tramline to the Black Sea Rail Terminal, now Krasnodar II (X - Central tram depot at St. Catherine street, now Peace street, X - Suburban (Northern) tram depot, X - Pashkovskoe (Eastern) tram depot at Stavropol street):

kubtransport
CLICKABLE
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 12:59 AM   #1512
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, one of the first Yekaterinodar tramcars near Municipal Garden:

kubtransport

1904, MAN reversible open-type tramcar near gate of Municipal Garden:

kubtransport

1909, MAN reversible open-type tramcar at the square near Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal (now Krasnodar I):

kubtransport

1910s, MAN tramcar of reversible type at the square near Vladikavkaz Rail Terminal (now Krasnodar I):

kubtransport
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #1513
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1900s, Red street:

etoretro

1900s, 1st Realschule at Red street:

etoretro

1904, Cathedral Boulevard:

kubtransport
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #1514
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1910s, business school at Rostov street (now Red street):

etoretro

April 20, 1912. MAN tramcar at Red street during the charitable White Chamomile Day:

kubtransport
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:02 AM   #1515
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1910s, MAN tramcar at Red street:

kubtransport

1900s, open-type tramcars at Red street near interchange station to St. Catherine Line:

kubtransport

1900s, closed-type tramcars at the crossing of Red street and St. Catherine street (now Peace street). European Hotel on the background:

kubtransport

1910s, Grand Moscow Hotel and European Hotel at Red street:

etoretro

1910s, crossing of Red street and St. Demetrius street (now Gorky street):

etoretro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:03 AM   #1516
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1910s, St. Catherine street (now Peace street) in Yekaterinodar. St. Catherine Cathedral on the background:

etoretro

1900s, one of the first closed-type tramcars at St. Catherine street (now Peace street). Alexander Triumphal Arch (Tsar' Gate) on the background:

kubtransport

1900s, St. Catherine street (now Peace street):

IdVagan
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:05 AM   #1517
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1910s, German technical description of the petrol-driven tramcars for Pashkovskaya Line and reversible electric tramcars for the urban routes of Yekaterinodar:

kubtransport

1911. Nuremberg, Germany. MAN petrol-driven tram for Pashkovskaya Line:

Solar
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #1518
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

1912. Petrol-driven tramcar in Yekaterinodar:

Андрей Кравчук

1912-1914. Pashkovskaya Line, Mountain street (now Vishnyakova street):

Solar

1910s, Pashkovskaya stanitsa:

etoretro
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:06 AM   #1519
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

Open-type motor tramcar of the Belgian company (1900s):

Kubtransport

MAN closed-type motor tramcar of the Belgian company (1900s):

Kubtransport

Open-type motor tramcar of the Belgian company (1910s):

Kubtransport
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2011, 01:08 AM   #1520
AlekseyVT
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 8,283
Likes (Received): 7094

MAN reversible motor tramcar of the Belgian company (1910s):

Kubtransport

MAN open-type trailer of the Belgian company (1910s):

Kubtransport

Remade MAN petrol-driven tramcar of the Pashkovskaya Line (1910s):

Kubtransport
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
метро, kazan, metro, novosibirsk, samara, st. petersburg, subway, transport

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium