daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:09 AM   #2181
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

That would be creepy.

Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:19 AM   #2182
DemolitionDave

Likes (Received): 209

There also was a tunnel from Camden Station to Ft. McHenry that ran under Federal Hill. I read an article about it. It was poorly maintained and ended up collapsing which resulted in a number of houses collapsing as well. It's interesting.
DemolitionDave no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 01:06 AM   #2183
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Wild.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:23 AM   #2184
SoBoChris
7th generation SoBoean

Likes (Received): 219

My father said that when he was a teenager (in the early 60's) he had a friend who's basement was connected to one of the tunnels. There was a big old iron door down there and everything.
SoBoChris no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:36 AM   #2185
MountVEE

Likes (Received): 0

Does anybody know if The Zenith has a marketing website? I was wondering what the units, retail, etc. are supposed to look like but I don't think they even have a page. It's really odd. Cool building though.
MountVEE no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 04:14 AM   #2186
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

drove by the olmsted sight today. didn't see anything but a couple of ford f-150's "playin' in the sandbox".
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 04:51 AM   #2187
jamie_hunt

Likes (Received): 814

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVEE View Post
Does anybody know if The Zenith has a marketing website?
Think they're just getting marketing underway ... this was posted on Yahoo yesterday ...

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Maryland...MD&type=rental
jamie_hunt no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 05:20 AM   #2188
scando

Likes (Received): 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
The Police to headline Virgin Festival
Smashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys also among acts set for two-day concert at Pimlico

By Sam Sessa
Sun Reporter
Originally published March 22, 2007, 12:03 PM EDT
The Police, the Smashing Pumpkins and the Beastie Boys will headline this year's Virgin Festival, officials announced today.

The festival, which returns to Pimlico Race Course Aug. 4-5, will feature about 40 other indie rock and hip hop acts. Tickets will go on sale in about three weeks.

"With Baltimore, the atmosphere was fantastic -- very friendly," said Virgin Group CEO Richard Branson in a phone interview this morning. "I think this year if we don't sell out the two days, I'd be very surprised. I think we've got a fantastic lineup."
Great news. Last year's festival seemed to have not enough promotion and had a some loose ends (notably bad sound quality during the first half of the day) but it appears that Branson believes in keeping at it until he gets it right. I also heard that the Police would be there, reformed, with Sting. Last year the Who and the Chili Peppers brought the house down.
scando no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 05:30 AM   #2189
scando

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
That would be interesting. Probably, pretty costly, wouldn't it?
It would be costly and you'd have to build the thing real high unless it had a draw span to allow ships to pass. The Constellation comes and goes a couple times per year and visiting ships may require as much as 150 feet of clearance. I guess a bridge with 150 feet of clearance would provide a great panoramic view but you might have tourists fibrillating when they climb the grade.
scando no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 05:32 AM   #2190
scando

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbalto View Post
yea and only 120k pounds...ha

Seriously though, I would think this could be done for a few million. Imagine....a 10-20 min walk from Cross St. market to Fells Point!!!
Maybe a glass tunnel so walkers could observe the underwater life of the harbor? (LOL)
scando no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:53 AM   #2191
DemolitionDave

Likes (Received): 209

I think the problem with last years Virgin Fest was the $120+ General Admission tickets. We went to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans last year and the tickets were have as much and the concert lasted for the entire weekend. The musical acts were comparable too.
DemolitionDave no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:04 AM   #2192
MountVEE

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDave View Post
I think the problem with last years Virgin Fest was the $120+ General Admission tickets. We went to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans last year and the tickets were have as much and the concert lasted for the entire weekend. The musical acts were comparable too.
I agree the tickets were alot. I dunno about comparing it with Voodoo though. I used to go to Voodoo Fest every year (for 5 or 6 years)...and while it was defintely cheaper, Virgin Fest had SOO many more Indie Bands that were really super current and Major Festival Bands like Flaming Lips. I was dying to see alot of them and I would have paid 20 bucks a piece to see many of them at the 930 club. Voodoo would have a few really god bands. I saw Beastie Boys there two years ago...but they never had that many new hot indie bands. I'm super excited that we get two days this year and 40 bands. It's more like Coachella in my opinion.
MountVEE no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:25 AM   #2193
Balmurfan

Likes (Received): 308

City planners OK $50M Fells Point revitalization project

The Baltimore City Planning Commission voted unanimously Thursday in favor of a Fells Point redevelopment plan which supporters hope will revitalize a part of the business district that has languished as other areas of the neighborhood have benefited from private investment.

Developers Dave Holmes and Daniel Winner, of South Broadway Properties LLC, are planning to renovate and redevelop several properties along the 600 block of Broadway, including the north and south sheds of the Broadway Market. In addition, the developers want to demolish several properties in the area of the 1600 block of Fleet Street in order to build a 242-space parking garage and to demolish additional properties off Register Street for a 20-space surface parking lot.

"This really is an important project, not only for (Winner) and I but also for Fells Point," Holmes said.

"This is what's left over and continually passed over," added Fells Point merchant Nicholas Johnson, who argued in support of a single, unified redevelopment of the properties. "Everything that's failed to this point has failed because it's too divided."

After about two hours of deliberations, the commission voted unanimously in favor of the master plan for the site. In their comments, most of the nine commission members said they felt the project's potential to help revitalize an ailing part of Fells Point outweighed some residents' concerns about historic preservation and height restrictions.

"I'm very much in favor of preservation, but I don't think everything is worthy of preservation," commission Vice Chairman Javier G. Bustamante said. "I think progress (with this proposal) is more important."

Holmes, of Blue Print Concepts, and Winner, of the Winner Construction Group Inc., have estimated it will cost between $45 million and $50 million for the project, which they are calling the Marketplace at Fells Point, but they said Thursday they may consider seeking city funding to subsidize part of the work. Kim Clark, an official with the Baltimore Development Corp. who oversees the economic development arm's east side team, said the BDC is open to and expects the developers to request some financial assistance.

Holmes and Winner have spent the past two years working on their plans and meeting with residents and neighborhood groups to gain support for the project. Holmes has said he believes the block has languished in the shadow of the Broadway Market, a neighborhood market between Fleet Street and Eastern Avenue, because the structure essentially forms a wall between itself and adjacent properties.

Several residents and officials spoke in favor of the project's ability to help revitalize that section of Fells Point, including merchant Patrick Russell. Russell said he believes the project's benefits will extend throughout the Fells Point business district.

"The project is very important for the success of our business to continue, but also for the success of the neighborhood as a whole," said Russell, who owns Kooper's Tavern in the 1700 block of Thames Street.

A smaller number of residents opposed the project, raising concerns about the demolition of historic properties in the area and impact of the proposed 95-foot-high parking garage, which they said is out of character with the rest of the Fells Point architecture.

"There are so many things that are so attractive about (the project)," Preservation Society secretary Jerome Bird said. "However, the cost is very high."

With the planning commission's endorsement, the plan will now go before the city's Land Use Commission April 11 before being formally voted on by the mayor and City Council.
Balmurfan no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:22 PM   #2194
scando

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDave View Post
$120? Where did you buy yours? I only paid $90 and used the Ticketmaster mafia at that. I knew a fair number of people who figured that they might have paid close to that just to see the Who, so it seemed like not too bad of a price.
scando no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:36 PM   #2195
30 Floors Up

Likes (Received): 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoeJoeJoe View Post
The very first thing they should do is stop the state from running BWI because they've focused on Southwest and neglected the international passengers. There isn't even an over head walk way to get to the international terminal from the parking garage and don't even get me started on the concessions. For their part they really tried offering an 11 million dollar incentive package but the damage has already been done. They've tried twice before and cancelled both times. Whenever a new carrier comes to BWI, they do so from a position of weakness meaning that the State doesn't do much to get the word out. I still think BWI could get a Frankfurt or Amsterdam flight but the state has to do a better job with marketing those foreign carriers that dare to land at BWI.
I disagree with this post completely. As someone who travels way too much, I know that BWI has the reputation of being one of the best managed airports in this country. I also know that it is one of the most user friendly. Believe me when I say, I've been to almost every major airport in this country umpteen times. I'll take BWI over most of the others any day. Most of the people from my Washington office even use it becase it is easier than Dulles.

American international carriers tend to fly where to thier domestic hubs are located. Foreign flagged carriers generally fly to where thier US partners have hubs. They do this becase they want to keep the business "all in the family". Since Southwest is not an International carrier - YET -BWI is at a disadvantage. I suspect that will soon be changing.

I'm all for bashing government when they deserve it, but the managers of BWI should be praised. By the way, when a new airline comes to BWI, IT'S THE CARRIER'S RESPONSIBILTY to advertise NOT THE STATE'S! I also should add that we have the advantage of having some of the lowest airfares in the entire country.

Last edited by 30 Floors Up; March 23rd, 2007 at 02:42 PM.
30 Floors Up no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 02:55 PM   #2196
LilMoeJoeJoe

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Floors Up View Post
I disagree with this post completely. As someone who travels way too much, I know that BWI has the reputation of being one of the best managed airports in this country. I also know that it is one of the most user friendly. Believe me when I say, I've been to almost every major airport in this country umpteen times. I'll take BWI over most of the others any day. Most of the people from my Washington office even use it becase it is easier than Dulles.

American international carriers tend to fly where to thier domestic hubs are located. Foreign flagged carriers generally fly to where thier US partners have hubs. They do this becase they want to keep the business "all in the family". Since Southwest is not an International carrier - YET -BWI is at a disadvantage. I suspect that will soon be changing.

I'm all for bashing government when they deserve it, but the managers of BWI should be praised. By the way, when a new airline comes to BWI, IT'S THE CARRIER'S RESPONSIBILTY to advertise NOT THE STATE'S! I also should add that we have the advantage of having some of the lowest airfares in the entire country.
Well Wada I guess we can agree to disagree on this one. While the state has done a good job of helping Southwest to grow, they've neglected the international carriers that gave BWI a shot. Was it the Raven's responsiblility to build a new stadium when they moved to Baltimore? No the state put up the money to lure them here. The same principle must be applied to attracting new international air service. While I agree with you that BWI is at a disadvantage because it's not a hub of a carrier who flies international traffice, alot of it is perception too. I travel 80% of the time for work and I agree BWI is great and easy to use but the point here is there ability to attract new international service not how user friendly it is. The Aer Lingus loss sucks but do we really need yet another flight to the Europen Isles when we alread have flights to England, Iceland, and Greenland? What we need is a direct connection to continental Europe. That being said BWI is served pretty well internationally even with Dulles just down the road. Try booking an international flight out of Pittsburgh or Cleveland. I love BWI airport but the incentive package should have been offered to Lufthansa, Air France, or KLM in my opinion.
LilMoeJoeJoe no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:13 PM   #2197
LilMoeJoeJoe

Likes (Received): 20

MD trying to lure Turkish companies

http://washington.bizjournals.com/wa...l?surround=lfn
LilMoeJoeJoe no está en línea  
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:19 PM   #2198
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Commission OKs helipad plan
Residents near Union Memorial say helicopters bring danger, noise
By Nicole Fuller
sun reporter
Originally published March 23, 2007

Commission OKs helipad plan amid protest

Despite fierce neighborhood opposition, Baltimore's Planning Commission approved unanimously last night the creation of a helicopter landing site for emergency cardiac patients at Union Memorial Hospital.

In an effort to bolster its cardiology program, hospital officials said they needed the helipad to treat emergency heart patients faster at Union Memorial's Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Heart Institute.

Currently, the hospital receives by helicopter patients with crushed or severed hands for treatment at its Curtis National Hand Center - but the landings are about a mile away at Lake Montebello, with transfer to an ambulance for the final part of the run to the hospital at University Parkway and Calvert Street.

But residents of the largely affluent areas that surround the hospital - including Charles Village, Abell, Oakenshawe and Guilford - argued at the commission's meeting last night that a helicopter traveling back and forth on 33rd street in a densely populated urban area will cause tremendous noise and an extreme potential for danger in the event of an accident.

Hobbs Horath, whose eighth-floor Carrollton Condominium unit faces the proposed helipad site, told the commission, "When Union Memorial starts hovering helicopters outside of people's bedroom windows at 3 o'clock in the morning, there will be no shortage of heart-stricken patients for them to care for."

The three-hour meeting was at times contentious as community residents sparred with the chairman of the commission, Peter Auchincloss. Nearly two dozen people spoke in both opposition and favor of the helipad.

Neighbors said they worried not just about the 75-decibel level noise that hospital officials said the EC175 helicopter would cause, but that the acquisition of an on-site helipad would be the first step for the hospital to become a Level 1 shock-trauma center - a move that a hospital official denied was envisioned.

After the Planning Commission said it was not in its jurisdiction to decide, Councilwoman Mary Pat Clarke - whose district includes Charles Village - said she will introduce a measure before the City Council mandating that the hospital get council approval if it should attempt to become a trauma center.

At the start of the meeting, the planning commission first voted that the helipad would be a minor amendment to the planned urban development, as opposed to a major one - enabling it to decide the issue. Many residents, including Becky Bridger, co-president of the Oakenshawe Improvement Association, and Clarke had testified that the helipad should be ruled a major amendment, which would have brought the issue to the City Council to decide.

"I'm satisfied because it represents a compromise that has meaning for all my neighbors," Clarke said. "The biggest concern from the beginning has been noise, safety and what's next. And this goes a long way to limit what's next. And it helps a lot to ease my own mind."

Bridger said that while she values having a prestigious hospital in her neighborhood, she was unnerved when in February the hospital conducted a helicopter fly-over for residents to hear the noise level for themselves.

"We live in a very, very compressed residential area, a historic neighborhood with old windows and old houses that shake and rattle when something so 2007 comes to the neighborhood," Bridger said.

Residents also argued the four other hospitals in the city have helipads, making Union Memorial's unnecessary. University of Maryland Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital, St. Joseph Medical Center and Sinai Hospital all have helipads.

"In many circumstances, an ambulance is not satisfactory," said Dr. Jeffrey Quartner, chief of cardiology at Union Memorial. "If you're a heart patient in Westminster, Carroll, Harford, it needs to be done with a helicopter. Time is our enemy."

Hospital officials said last night that the helipad will be finished in nine months at the earliest.

[email protected]
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:22 PM   #2199
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

City weighs sweetener for Legg Mason tower
JEN DEGREGORIO
Daily Record Business Writer
March 22, 2007 5:55 PM
The developers of Legg Mason Inc.’s new headquarters at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor East could get a financial incentive package intended to keep the prized investment firm in the city.

The board of the Baltimore Development Corp., the city’s economic development arm, on Thursday voted to recommend the incentives for H&S Properties Development Corp. and Struever Bros. Eccles & Rouse, the companies developing the new Legg Mason office tower. BDC President M. J. “Jay” Brodie would not reveal the value of those incentives, but developers would pass any savings to Legg Mason, he said. The board will forward its recommendation to Mayor Sheila Dixon, who has the final say in the matter.

“The heart of the matter is to retain a company,” Brodie said.

Legg Mason announced last month that it would move its headquarters from downtown to the developers’ $550 million Four Seasons hotel development at Harbor East. The 24-story, glass office tower would rise on waterfront land between the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel and the Spinnaker Bay residential community. Legg Mason is expected to move into the building in 2009.

Brodie told The Daily Record last month that the company considered moving outside the city, although its spokeswoman, Mary Athridge, denied that. Athridge said whatever incentives the BDC recommended for developers had nothing to do with Legg Mason.

“We never asked for financial incentives from the city,” she said in a telephone interview Thursday.

Michael Beatty, H&S’ vice president, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

The BDC board made its recommendations during a closed session, which Brodie said was exempt from the state’s open meetings laws because it dealt with sensitive financial data. Maryland’s top court recently ordered the BDC to open board meetings to the public after a group of business owners sued the agency for failing to reveal information about how it chose developers in late 2004 for a real estate project on the city’s West Side called the superblock.

Before the BDC moved into the closed session, Brodie told board members and meeting observers that it is difficult for the city to retain businesses when property taxes and office space are cheaper in the suburbs.

At $2.288 per $100 of assessed value, Baltimore’s property tax rate is more than twice as high as that of any other jurisdiction in the state. City office buildings also have less parking available for employees, which many businesses consider disadvantageous.

Dixon confirmed Thursday afternoon that she had received the BDC’s recommendations for an incentive package, but she declined to say what it contained. But, during a telephone interview, she pointed to the success of various city financial breaks, such as the Payment In Lieu of Taxes, or PILOT, program. PILOTs allow property owners to pay a fraction of property taxes during a negotiated period of time.

The Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel received a PILOT when it was being developed seven years ago by a team that included John Paterakis Sr., the bakery magnate behind H&S Properties. Dixon credits that project with jump-starting Harbor East.

“If we had not made a bold move to help support that, I don’t think the rest of development would have taken off the way it did,” Dixon said.

Legg Mason’s new headquarters would retain its 700 city jobs and add more than 200 now located in Owings Mills, a move Dixon said is worth some city investment.

“This is a major, major initiative, and this is going to be significant for Baltimore,” she said.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 03:25 PM   #2200
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Updates, if you want to know.....

On the Move
Staff and wire reports
March 23, 2007
ARCHITECTURE

Marks, Thomas Architects announced Kristine Finney and Eric Leland have recently become registered architects. Finney has more than 14 years of industry experience, five of which she has committed to Marks, Thomas. She has extensive expertise in the many stages of design, from master planning to construction administration on multibuilding campuses to design of both affordable and market-rate housing. Leland has a strong interest in architectural conservation and adaptive use. He is an integral part of the firm currently working on EBDI and Erickson Corporate Headquarters Expansion.

AWARDS

Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Maryland was named one of the 35 Best All-Around Performers for all Big Brothers Big Sisters of America agencies in 2006. The main criterion considered were substantial growth in the areas of total matches served, revenue and new matches. Other things considered included compliance with national standards and match closure rates. In 2006, BBBSCM served nearly 2,000 children and raised over $2 million to fund the program’s progress.

BANKING

The Columbia Bank promoted Tim Macek to vice president, retail banking administration. He was formerly assistant vice president, residential for The Columbia Bank, a full-service commercial bank headquartered in Howard County with 26 locations in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. region. In his new role, Macek will assume day-to-day management and operations of the bank’s retail underwriting investment recovery and consumer/mortgage banking administration functions.

HarVest Bank of Maryland, a rapidly growing and locally owned full-service commercial bank, appointed Delroy C. Walters as vice president and Rockville market manager. Walters joined HarVest in January 2005 as a commercial relationship officer after working at M&T Bank in the D.C. region. In his new role, he will coordinate the bank’s marketing and customer-care efforts in the Greater Rockville market, and serve on several management committees.

BOARDS

The Queen Anne’s County Economic Development Commission elected a new slate of officers. Steve Arentz was elected to serve as chairman and will be supported by Jim Luff as vice chairman, Bill Stoops as secretary and Gary Schnappinger as treasurer. The officer team will serve for a period of two years and serve as the commission’s Executive Committee. The EDC is designed and responsible for conferring and advising the county commissioners and municipal governing bodies on all matters concerning economic development in the county.

CONSTRUCTION

Manekin Construction LLC has hired 30-year industry veteran M.J. “Butch” Wiles as a project manager. A member of the Construction Management Association of America, Wiles most recently served as senior project manager at Cetrom Inc. Prior to that, he was a senior construction manager at 3/D International, overseeing projects at the Pentagon before, during and after Sept. 11. Wiles previously opened his own firm, MLW Associates, and served as a construction consultant on adapting RFK Stadium to host the 1996 Olympic soccer competition.

EDUCATION

Villa Julie College has added Anirban Basu to its President’s Advisory Committee, a group of community leaders who advise the college president on a variety of issues related to the growth and strategic direction of the college. Basu is chairman, CEO and founder of Sage Policy Group Inc., as well as a senior lecturer at Towson University. He is also on the board of Union Memorial Hospital and Chesapeake Habitat for Humanity.

LAW

Garson Claxton is expanding its law firm with three new additions. Eric S. Lammers joined the firm as senior counsel in the litigation group. Veteran attorney Jerry Pasternak is also joining as senior counsel in the government relations practice. Michael I. Kaplan recently became an associate, bringing his considerable business aptitude to the firm. Lammers has 15 years of experience in complex commercial litigation. Pasternak has extensive experience as counsel in commercial real estate transactions. Kaplan will provide legal services in Garson Claxton’s real estate and business departments.

One of the Washington area’s leading suburban law firms, Paley Rothman of Bethesda, announced that eight of its principals were selected as “Maryland Super Lawyers.” The Paley Rothman lawyers selected include: Arthur H. Blitz; Paula A. Calimafde; Glenn M. Cooper; Kathleen M. Dumais; Hope B. Eastman; Roy I. Niedermayer; Linda D. Schwartz; and Steven A. Widdes. “Super Lawyers” is an annual listing of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.

LENDING

The Maryland Association of Mortgage Brokers (MAMB) has elected new volunteer officers and directors for its 2007-2008 board of directors. Charles DiPino Jr. of Universal Trust Mortgage Corp. will take the helm as the 14th president of MAMB. Hunter Bloch of Annapolis First Mortgage LLC was elected as president-elect, and Eric Gates will serve as the association’s vice president. Other officers elected were: Brooks Bosley; Joseph M. Brown Jr.; Jim Clements; Allan Gushue; Rudolph Smith; Rob Taylor; and Matt Zaborsky. Continuing on the board are: Michael Parsons; Jacki Channer; Charles Reid III; Devon Stennett; Timothy Gough; Christine Wagner; and Richard Muller. Thomas C. Shaner will continue as MAMB’s executive director.

LOBBYING

Brett Lininger, formerly director of government relations for the Maryland Insurance Administration, has left that state agency to form his own government relations firm: Lininger & Associates. His office is located at 27 Maryland Ave. in Annapolis. Lininger joined the Maryland Insurance Administration in 2004 after more than five years at AEGON USA Inc., one of the world’s largest life insurance companies.

NONPROFIT

The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation Inc., the nation’s 22nd largest foundation, has appointed Marci Hunn as its newest program officer. With assets of more than $2 billion, the Weinberg Foundation averages annual grant distributions of more than $100 million. Hunn will work closely with nonprofits to evaluate grant requests and provide efficient oversight. She comes to The Weinberg Foundation after more than six years as a program officer with the Corporation for National and Community Service in Washington, D.C. In that capacity, she worked with AmeriCorps and a variety of special initiative grant programs.

REAL ESTATE

CREW-Baltimore (Commercial Real Estate Women) has named its board officers and committee chairs for 2007. Among those serving, Cynthia Bell of Bigelow Commercial Carpet has been elected president. She will oversee the group’s operations and act as spokeswoman for the current year. Other officers on the 2007 board of directors are: President-elect Pamela Raymond; Treasurer Joan Renner; Programs Director Zolna Russell; Secretary Kim Manuelides; Membership Director Kim Hogan; Sponsorship Director Lou Ann Dent; and Immediate Past President Nelly Perkins. 2007 committee chairs are: Lynda Balins, Public Relations; Kimberly Mode Hogan, Arrangements; and Raissa Kirk, Community Action.

A.J. Billig & Co. Auctioneers announced that Charles Billig has joined the family business as a real estate auction associate. The great-grandson of company founder A.J. Billig, Charles is a fourth-generation auctioneer. As a real estate auction associate, his responsibilities include interacting with prospective buyers and sellers, marketing, and acting as an auction facilitator and auctioneer. Billig is also a licensed Maryland real estate salesperson.

David Baird, a distinguished brokerage executive, has joined Cushman & Wakefield’s Baltimore office as senior managing director. Baird will direct all brokerage and advisory services, leading nine brokerage professionals and a research and marketing support staff. Most recently with Trammell Crow Co. (now CB Richard Ellis), he was a senior vice president and director of brokerage services overseeing the Baltimore and Richmond, Va. offices.

Closed Thread