daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old January 30th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #361
getontrac

Likes (Received): 0

Hilton completion?

When is the Hilton supposed to be completed? A bartenter at Pickles told me last night it wasn't expected to be done until 2010. She said things are going slow and behind schedule due to inftrastructure conflicts (I'm paraphrasing).

I thought 2009 at the latest, no?

Nate
getontrac no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:36 PM   #362
rxsoccer

Quote:
Originally Posted by getontrac View Post
When is the Hilton supposed to be completed? A bartenter at Pickles told me last night it wasn't expected to be done until 2010. She said things are going slow and behind schedule due to inftrastructure conflicts (I'm paraphrasing).

I thought 2009 at the latest, no?

Nate
I remember reading that they were slated to open October 2008 and had already booked a conference for that date, so they were extremely confident they would meet their deadline.
rxsoccer no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #363
Xander21
B-More Believer

Likes (Received): 10

Any word on what's going in the Fuddruckers space on Pratt St?
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:42 PM   #364
waj0527

Likes (Received): 484

2010 is insane. Your bartender was either misinformed or drunk.
waj0527 no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #365
Balmurfan

Likes (Received): 308

I believe I read where the air rights above the parking garage that sits adjacent to the Columbus building is for sale. If built upon would it be office, residential or both and how high can you see the tower rising?
Balmurfan no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #366
wada_guy
Oh say can YOU see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balmurfan View Post
I believe I read where the air rights above the parking garage that sits adjacent to the Columbus building is for sale. If built upon would it be office, residential or both and how high can you see the tower rising?
I doubt that is the case. Scarlet Place just about had a cow when the garage went up and the developer, who happens to be Cordish, lowered the height and made major modifications to the design under threat of a lawsuit. As a result, the top floor of the garage is covered with a roof.
wada_guy no está en línea  
Old January 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #367
getontrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by waj0527 View Post
2010 is insane. Your bartender was either misinformed or drunk.
Not the latter. She recognized that it was originally supposed to be 2008, so there is some misinformation somewhere, hopefully not on our part.

Nate
Old January 30th, 2007, 06:09 PM   #368
getontrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wada_guy View Post
I doubt that is the case. Scarlet Place just about had a cow when the garage went up and the developer, who happens to be Cordish, lowered the height and made major modifications to the design under threat of a lawsuit. As a result, the top floor of the garage is covered with a roof.
I really wouldn't want a building atop that thing anyway. It looks good the way it is. (At least, it would look very awkward with something on top). And thank god for the Scarlett Place residents for making the City enforce it's own rules about Inner Harbor garages, unlike the rest of the garages that went up in the area.

Nate
Old January 30th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #369
Maudibjr
Indeed

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by getontrac View Post
Not the latter. She recognized that it was originally supposed to be 2008, so there is some misinformation somewhere, hopefully not on our part.

Nate
I thought they were moving quite quickly. It seemed that someone was on the phone as soon as the bond issue passed, yelling "go,go,go" to a contractor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpav View Post
The way this is worded sounds like they want to keep the college there no matter what happens. The building has a lot of problems including mold I believe. So I think they should just bring on the wrecking ball!!
I agree. They have has structual problems with that building since it opened. They may be looking to keep the land but have a developer build a new structure that then can use a few floors of.

Also remember that the harbor campus only houses a small portion of BCCC, they have a larger prescence at there Liberty campus.
Maudibjr no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2007, 01:27 AM   #370
southbalto

crane spotting

On my way home from Hunt Valley I noticed a couple cranes being set up near hammerjacks. Is this for the new mercy garage? It looked like it was right next to the Fort Knox Warehouse.

southbalto is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
southbalto no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2007, 10:31 AM   #371
micrip

Likes (Received): 1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbalto View Post
crane spotting

On my way home from Hunt Valley I noticed a couple cranes being set up near hammerjacks. Is this for the new mercy garage? It looked like it was right next to the Fort Knox Warehouse.

southbalto is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message
....could it be for demolition? Niang already owns Hammerjacks and that other building, right?
micrip está en línea ahora  
Old January 31st, 2007, 11:52 AM   #372
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

As much as I would love to believe it was Naing, I think it probably is not him and his tall project. We have not even seen any conceptual renderings and the "non-existent" renderings and specific stats have not been seen by city panels yet. It probably has something to do with Mercy.

Old January 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM   #373
wada_guy
Oh say can YOU see?

The actual reports referenced in yesterday's Sun article about downtown booming have been combined into one 114 page report.

http://www.godowntownbaltimore.com/i...tlook_2012.pdf

This report is a must read! Check out my comments in the thread dedicated to this article. It talks about residential, retail, arena, jobs, etc. in great detail.

Last edited by wada_guy; January 31st, 2007 at 08:07 PM.
wada_guy no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2007, 04:46 PM   #374
sdeclue

Likes (Received): 47

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has to be for the Mercy thing and not for Naing's towers.

I also heard 2008 as the opening for the Hilton. They certainly seem a bit behind though.
sdeclue no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2007, 04:48 PM   #375
Brian21

southbalto do you work in Hunt Valley? If so then we don't work far from each other. I work in Timonium on Greenspring Drive
Old January 31st, 2007, 05:09 PM   #376
southbalto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian21 View Post
southbalto do you work in Hunt Valley? If so then we don't work far from each other. I work in Timonium on Greenspring Drive

I have an office downtown but usually i'm out traveling in the Baltimore/DC area. I could get used to Hunt Valley though...
southbalto no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:15 PM   #377
quabex

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian21 View Post
brian 21 we're work neighbors! my office is on aylesbury in timonium. i DO love my counter commute from downtown every morning!
quabex no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:33 PM   #378
Maudibjr
Indeed

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by quabex View Post
brian 21 we're work neighbors! my office is on aylesbury in timonium. i DO love my counter commute from downtown every morning!
I'm just up the road in executive plaza on McCormick.
Maudibjr no está en línea  
Old January 31st, 2007, 07:59 PM   #379
Brian21

Wow!..Thats awesome...I had no idea that we were in the same area. Quabex, that means I just drove by your office coming from lunch at Bertucci's on York Rd. Yeah commuting to work on the beltway is a breeze....NOTT!!!..lol. Has anyone heard any more news on a possible expansion of the Beltway? I remember hearing something about that.
Old January 31st, 2007, 09:51 PM   #380
Brandman

Quick ? ...what do they call the area where Ed Hales 1st mariner monument...I mean, skyscraper is? I know it sits outside of Canton/Brewers Hill near Greektown. Does the city have any plans of creating another skyline on that side of town?
Brandman no está en línea  

Closed Thread