daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:46 PM   #3981
rxsoccer

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fells28 View Post
How do cashiers know this stuff? From my experience, retail management like to keep all their employees in the dark and provide info on a need to know basis.
I agree... its not exactly a reliable source... especially regarding the condo's... but I don't think its odd or unreasonable to believe that employees are aware that they will not be working there in 6 months time. Closing or moving a store in 6 months is not exactly something I would expect management to keep close to the vest. So I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen... but I could be wrong... maybe next time I'll ask a manager....
rxsoccer no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2007, 06:54 PM   #3982
PeterSmith

Likes (Received): 2659

On the other hand, isn't this the third or fourth different source from which we've heard this information? And the information we've received hasn't differed al that much between the sources. I agree. I think we'll see something happen there soon. How large is that property exactly?
PeterSmith no está en línea  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 07:21 PM   #3983
bmore87
B-MORE LIKE US

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSmith View Post
On the other hand, isn't this the third or fourth different source from which we've heard this information? And the information we've received hasn't differed al that much between the sources. I agree. I think we'll see something happen there soon. How large is that property exactly?
You know, I've been thinking the same thing. It is pretty rare to hear a rumor that sounds the same coming out of more than one person's mouth.

After seeing RWN's proposals and reading the article on 10IH I have no doubt that ArcWheeler's signature tower would look much better than once thought and taller too.
bmore87 no está en línea  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:34 PM   #3984
baltimoreisbest

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore87 View Post
You know, I've been thinking the same thing. It is pretty rare to hear a rumor that sounds the same coming out of more than one person's mouth.

After seeing RWN's proposals and reading the article on 10IH I have no doubt that ArcWheeler's signature tower would look much better than once thought and taller too.
I disagree. Office space will require a larger building footprint. So while the building's square footage will increase, I don't anticipate much change in the structure's height. What will probably happen is that the first 15-20 floors of the building will be configured with 20k square foot plates to accommodate hotel and office space. The building will then taper slightly for the condo's. Even if floor heights go up slightly, I doubt the building will rise more than 75 feet past the original projection.

The office market downtown has improved somewhat lately, and this news is being reflected in the investor's development decision. I don't know of any block of floorspace -- aside from the World Trade Center -- larger than 50,000 sf (contiguous) available on the waterfront.
baltimoreisbest no está en línea  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:40 PM   #3985
Silver Springer
The Flagship State

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmore87 View Post

and

WOW, Baltimore has arrived!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:48 PM   #3986
Javalady1

Federal Place

Last year when preparation began, there was a sign stating "from the $700's". Then the Lennar website stated the price was just shy of $1M. Now it is $1.375M. See http://lennar.com/findhome/community...2&DIVID=PATPAT

What could possibly drive the developer to make such a drastic change in price especially in light of the times? The base product has not changed as far as I know. Anybody?

I hope somebody buys here, although there is a lot of competition around the harbor at this price point and it is not waterfront like most of the competition. If nothing else, it's a better view than I had before.
Javalady1 no está en línea  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:05 PM   #3987
slake707

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
I love these towers. Really, it's four towers and not just two. If built, surely, as these designs indicate, these two two towers would be the tallest in the city.
I think these towers will be an awesome addition to the skyline. I love how modern they look. If you look at the renderings, it is the same two towers at different angles, so I would say it is just 2, not 4.
slake707 no está en línea  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM   #3988
hpal3

Likes (Received): 4014

Quote:
Originally Posted by slake707 View Post
I think these towers will be an awesome addition to the skyline. I love how modern they look. If you look at the renderings, it is the same two towers at different angles, so I would say it is just 2, not 4.
I think you're right
hpal3 no está en línea  
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:55 PM   #3989
hpal3

Likes (Received): 4014

Quote:
I love these towers. Really, it's four towers and not just two. If built, surely, as these designs indicate, these two two towers would be the tallest in the city. I'm not sure if Pat Turner's 65 story tower would be taller. Maybe, but if so, not by much. From the renderings, it looks like these towers are well over 800 ft. tall. Might even be right at 900 ft. Just imagine if these two huge projects get built. Talk about changing a skyline.
Steven,
I looked at Miami's devlopment on Emporis.com as a reference and I
think that you are right! One of the proposed residential building's in Miami
is over 1000'!! others are in the 800' - 850' range
hpal3 no está en línea  
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:34 AM   #3990
bma83

Likes (Received): 10

Can someone tell me what architectural firm designed these buildings or did RWN design them? I would love for Baltimore to have some buildings designed by some world class architects like Norman Foster or Frank Gehry.
bma83 no está en línea  
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:02 AM   #3991
Baltimoreborn1
Born & Raised

Likes (Received): 7

Thanks

Thanks whoever it was that answered my question about the garage in Owings Mills. I think it was Wada, if not, thanks again. I wish my internet was working faster so I could go back.

I have another question. Where will those towers be located in Canton Crossing?

And clearly the RWN tower is the same building from different angles. So the question is what will the other one look like. And can we tell which space the one from the renderings will occupy based on the footprint, which appears to be fairly large?

And any guestimates on how large 300 east pratt will be, or how large 10IH will be with a larger office component?

And last, when will the Fells Point Marketplace renovation be complete?
Baltimoreborn1 no está en línea  
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:36 AM   #3992
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreborn1 View Post
Thanks whoever it was that answered my question about the garage in Owings Mills. I think it was Wada, if not, thanks again. I wish my internet was working faster so I could go back.

I have another question. Where will those towers be located in Canton Crossing?

And clearly the RWN tower is the same building from different angles. So the question is what will the other one look like. And can we tell which space the one from the renderings will occupy based on the footprint, which appears to be fairly large?

And any guestimates on how large 300 east pratt will be, or how large 10IH will be with a larger office component?

And last, when will the Fells Point Marketplace renovation be complete?
if you go to the RWN website it has a rendering for each address. I thought they were supposed to be twin towers of sorts anyway.

as for 300 east pratt, it will probably be a 13 story building.
10 inner harbor should be a 60+ floor tower over 800 ft.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM   #3993
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

i like the tower.

should bring some much deserved respect to the city and it's skyline.

as for the two renderings, yeah, looks to be the same tower, but isn't it supposed to be a duplicate? maybe i'm wrong. probably am. if so, go ahead and start throwing eggs. i'm used to it.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 03:18 AM   #3994
bmore87
B-MORE LIKE US

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
i like the tower.
as for the two renderings, yeah, looks to be the same tower, but isn't it supposed to be a duplicate? maybe i'm wrong. probably am. if so, go ahead and start throwing eggs. i'm used to it.
I know for sure that this is just one tower. Remember, Naing mentioned that he would build one tower first instead of both at the same time depending on demand. Maybe, he will begin the rendering on the other after this project is under way.

However, he may just construct on one site with two towers (like in the rendering).
bmore87 no está en línea  
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:20 AM   #3995
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springer View Post
WOW, Baltimore has arrived!
yeah, in a BIG way.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:25 AM   #3996
MasonsInquiries

Quote:
Originally Posted by slake707 View Post
yeah, i thought that as well. didn't notice it until you said somethin'. now, you have me curious about how the other tower (or towers) are going to look. but overall, these towers look great. the best part is that there's NO BRICK.

Last edited by MasonsInquiries; June 3rd, 2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 04:35 AM   #3997
MasonsInquiries

Quote:
as for 300 east pratt, it will probably be a 13 story building.
ouch!!!!!!! what a travesty this would be.....to go from 50, to 37, to 13 stories. frankly, i'd be happy with just the 37 floors that UrbanAmerica's now proposing. i believe that naing's towers will eventually get built (and it'll create one HELL of a view coming into town on 83 south) and 10IH will be a definite go very soon.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 05:39 AM   #3998
Tricia_Lvs_Baltimore

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
yeah, i thought that as well. didn't notice it until you said somethin'. now, you have me curious about how the other tower (or towers) are going to look. but overall, these towers look great. the best part is that there's NO BRICK.
You guys are right, this is a nice tower. But as is the case with alot of projects, the NIMBYs are going to have something to say about the taller one being seventy-six stories.
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:07 AM   #3999
LilMoeJoeJoe

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsInquiries View Post
AND NO HATS!!! FINALLY A BALTIMORE DESIGN WITH NO HATS! 10 Inner Harbor is also Hat Less...for now.
LilMoeJoeJoe no está en línea  
Old June 3rd, 2007, 06:25 AM   #4000
BaltoSteve

Likes (Received): 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpal3 View Post
Steven,
I looked at Miami's devlopment on Emporis.com as a reference and I
think that you are right! One of the proposed residential building's in Miami
is over 1000'!! others are in the 800' - 850' range

Miami looks like its having a real condo oversupply problem..
Check this story http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/26/us...147cca&ei=5070
We wanna live - dirty old town
Dirty old town

David Byrne
BaltoSteve no está en línea  

Closed Thread