daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM   #4641
southbalto

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobtownManiac View Post
I don't know what happened internally when O'Malley left the Mayor's office for the Governorship, but I do know that Dixon's term has been marred by a sharp uptick in crime.

There was a recent drug bust in my neighborhood on a group of people who are renting a house on a month-by-month basis. Over the course of 5 days there were two raids on the address. 8 people were arrested in the first, 2 in the second. In the first, 80 pieces of heroin were recovered as well as an undisclosed amount of cocaine. Somehow those people were back at the property, released by the system, in 10 days. This in a resurgent neighborhood that is seeing record numbers of rehabs following in Canton's footsteps.

The neighborhood is not happy. I take solace knowing that everyone is watching the culprits like hawks, but it shouldn't have to reach this point. 30 year old adults dealing smack in front of kids playing on the sidewalk in broad daylight like it's the most legal, normal thing in the world??

Whoever's going to lead this city next needs to lower the boom. If NYC & DC can cut their homicide numbers the way they did there is no reason why Baltimore can't. Too many good things going on here to let the miscreants ruin it.

33% graduation rate
1/2 of the population on some govt. support
1/10 addicted to a narcotic

Where do you start? Schools Drugs or Crime?
southbalto no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:51 AM   #4642
Baltimoreborn1
Born & Raised

Likes (Received): 7

Silo Point Article

Multi Housing news put out this article on silo point.

Some info from there,

Quote:
"The current Locust Point residents love the new interest in their community," Turner adds. "For those of them who do want to sell, their property values are soaring. And others, who want to stay in the neighborhood, aren't being pushed out."
Quote:
The condos, which include penthouse units, will range from 1,800 to 5,000 square feet, and from the low $400,000s to $5 million. Turner and Sapperstein plan to take advantage of the original design elements of the old structures by incorporating their defining features, like concrete floors, high ceilings and exposed ductwork, into the condos.
Quote:
Units will also be equipped with ceramic tiling, stainless steel appliances, walk-in closets, recessed terraces and storage space. Some residences will feature hardwood floors and ceilings measuring up to 18 feet. End units will be three-sided, allowing owners to "sit in their living rooms and watch the sun rise and set," according to Turner. "That's very unique in a building."
Baltimoreborn1 no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:04 AM   #4643
k25150

Likes (Received): 414

Glorified ghetto/thug culture. Absense of structured 2 parent homes. Babies having babies. Emphasis on the material and supericial instead of morality and principles. Lowering of standards and expectations. Victimhood and take no responsibility for your actions mindset. Profiteering hacks like Jesse and Al and the NAACP. The pandering politicians who continue the "government is the answer fallacies". The media, elected "official" and bueaurocrats who live a make believe world and pretend that blacks aren't really the cause for 98% of all urban crimes. A politically correct policew force. And of course the spinless and idiodic liberal judges who don't believe in criminals doing hard time.

Please add to this. Hopefully ARC Wheeler and the 300 East Pratt guys don't read the news everday.
k25150 no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:30 AM   #4644
House3780

Likes (Received): 5

I know what you mean man. A radio host says somethin about nappy headed hoes and all the black "leaders" are up in arms. Another murder. Another high school drop out. A new heroine addict.. where are they then?? The NAACP is a joke now. Its truly embarassing and pathetic and in all honesty, I dont even care if they leave Baltimore.

Look at the conditions of crime and education in this city and we've got the NAACP headquarters right here. When was the last time you heard someone from there trying to do something about it. Wheres Mfume when you need him.

I lie to you not, I wish there were some fresh faces running for mayor. The entire government has failed us and its from this crop that we get to choose from... Terrible. City Council, School Boards, Police upper brass.. fire them all if you ask me. Get people in there who actually care and let them know their job is on the line everyday. That one dude whos running and wants to legalize prostitution and drugs had ONE thing right.. politicians running in Baltimore do it for money and their careers.. those are the worst type of people to have in a public officials position. Its turning in to one big happy social network in there.
House3780 no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:32 AM   #4645
Baltimoreborn1
Born & Raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by k25150 View Post
Glorified ghetto/thug culture. Absense of structured 2 parent homes. Babies having babies. Emphasis on the material and supericial instead of morality and principles. Lowering of standards and expectations. Victimhood and take no responsibility for your actions mindset. Profiteering hacks like Jesse and Al and the NAACP. The pandering politicians who continue the "government is the answer fallacies". The media, elected "official" and bueaurocrats who live a make believe world and pretend that blacks aren't really the cause for 98% of all urban crimes. A politically correct policew force. And of course the spinless and idiodic liberal judges who don't believe in criminals doing hard time.

Please add to this. Hopefully ARC Wheeler and the 300 East Pratt guys don't read the news everday.

^ You lost me after that bold statement. Your post really is unacceptable on a number of different levels as well. While it maybe true that most of the murders and other major crimes in the city are committed by blacks, the city itself has a large black population. And acting as though there are no other factors that contribute to crime other than race is plain prejudice and racism. Its that simple. I don't even want to go into a discussion over these issues because I know you've probably had your views set for some time now, but that doesnt mean that they were ever right or fair.
I will say that your views clearly stem from a severe misunderstanding of the black community. These "blacks" you refer to do not historically have a tendecy to lower standards, thats a new concept that many argue is in result to the lack of satisfactory change since the civil rights movement.
Having been around these impoverished blacks that you are referring to, I can tell you that this new generation is like any group of kids that comes up, and because of the situation they are surrounded by they grow up more politically astute and aware. I taught kids at one of the worst schools in the city, and while the vast majority of them were receiving a sub standard education in general, there were still many who were extremely intelligent. Intelligent enough to receive scholarships into Baltimore's most elite private schools,which some did, but the environment they grew up in was pathetic.
I was once on my break and clearly witnessed drug dealers making transactions not 100 feet from the school, but police were on the corner harassing a drunken bum. I don't know what you can take from that other than the lack of leadership on all levels in the community. As a result these crack dealers go free and definitly ended up recruiting children from our classes into their gangs.
Another thing that shocked me was when the students were instructed to write about their weekends. An assignment most youths receive at some point, and I was expecting kids to talk about ball games and the movies and homework, and some did, but others wrote and depicted horrific scenes of homicides that occured on their streets. Surely you don't think that these black kids are to blame for that do you? They are brought up in environments that most on this board couldn't dream of and wouldn't tolerate for their own children.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:04 AM   #4646
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by House3780 View Post
I know what you mean man. A radio host says somethin about nappy headed hoes and all the black "leaders" are up in arms. Another murder. Another high school drop out. A new heroine addict.. where are they then?? The NAACP is a joke now. Its truly embarassing and pathetic and in all honesty, I dont even care if they leave Baltimore.
you're comparing the murders in baltimore to a racist statement that some jerk made? gimme' a break.......lol.

i don't think no one is giving up on tackling the murder problem in baltimore. your frustration for the naacp makes no sense. now, getting to imus, he was wrong in his statement.......flat out.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 06:08 AM   #4647
rxsoccer

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoreborn1 View Post
^ You lost me after that bold statement. Your post really is unacceptable on a number of different levels as well. While it maybe true that most of the murders and other major crimes in the city are committed by blacks, the city itself has a large black population. And acting as though there are no other factors that contribute to crime other than race is plain prejudice and racism. Its that simple. I don't even want to go into a discussion over these issues because I know you've probably had your views set for some time now, but that doesnt mean that they were ever right or fair.
I completely agree. I don't understand how people can find that attitude acceptable. Nothing beneficial can ever come from trying to blame (or at least connect) the ills of our society on the color of someone's skin. Its that type of divisive attitude that fuels more problems than it solves. You want to believe people of different races, religion or nationality are so different that the reasons for their perceived problems are because of some inherent flaw in who they are instead of using your brain to appreciate the real factors at play. Get rid of the blacks and we won't have violence in baltimore... get rid of the jews and we won't have the media manipulating us... get rid of the italians and we won't have organized crime... get rid of the muslims and we won't have terrorists.... get rid of the columbians and we'll win the war on drugs. Lets see... who else can we alienate in order to save this country? I think its obvious that if you pick the group that is perceived to be the cause of a problem, thats all the analysis you need to fix it. Yeah, that works real well...
rxsoccer no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:39 AM   #4648
House3780

National Association for the ADVANCEMENT of Colored People

Youre damn right I compared murders to the Imus statement. People have to pick and choose their battles wisely and the only way to do so is to COMPARE your options to see which is more worthwhile. In comparing murders/education to an Imus statemtent I say deal with the murders/education. The NAACP saw murders/education and the Imus statement and decided the Imus statement was more worth dealing with. And I see that you do too with your statement.

If you spend so much energy on somethin like the Imus statement then you cannot focus that energy on the real problems, the real thing holding back the black community right now... drugs, crime, education. Imus is not the one holding these back. It has been our city government which has failed. We got some high rise projects out there so to you maybe they seem like the greatest government we've ever had.. but the issues that have gripped this city for a long time have only gotten worse.

People here seriously need to wake up and stop living in the dream worlds. That article in the sun says EXACTLY what ive been saying for a long time now. If the problems of this city are not first ACCEPTED and DEALT WITH, all these ambitions of height and density will mean nothing. When youve got people getting robbed and killed left and right, when parents have no decent school to send their kids to, it wont matter if theyve got a chipotle or starbucks at the base of their 400k condo.. no ones going to want to live there. Why the hell do you think the population of the city is still falling!!! Do you think a couple new buildings are going to change the city in to a place someone wants to live when they can get that building anywhere else and also get safety and quality schools!!!

And for all the people on this forum who dont know Baltimore outside of Boston, Charles and Light Street you're in for a rude awakening. Its like I told Wada. If you do not deal with these issues, the crime is going to filter in. Its not going to matter if its Inner Harbor East, or Water Street, or Charles Village. The crime is going to seep in and then you'll get a taste of what its really like in Baltimore city. I love this city to death but any sensible person can tell its got major issues.

Wake up

Last edited by House3780; July 3rd, 2007 at 12:00 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:21 PM   #4649
30 Floors Up

Likes (Received): 812

Nice weather we are having eh?
30 Floors Up no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM   #4650
30 Floors Up

Enough of the negative.

The Canadians are on to us. This article came from the Vancouver Sun today.

BTW, it looks like a new fence has appeard around the Black Olive site where they are supposed to build an Inn and restaurant.

Also, the old MB Klein building on Gay Street now has a fence around it. It looks as though that building will bite the dust soon as part of the Naing's complex.

Baltimore: kitsch, grit and culture
City of Billie Holiday offers cool jazz, hot crab, art and offbeat charm

Judith Ritter, CanWest News Service
Published: Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Baltimore of my imagination as a teenager growing up in the northeastern United States was urban, gritty and, above all, black. The soundscape of my imagined Baltimore was a Billie Holiday tune, Lady Sings the Blues, which I listened to on an old, scratched record picked up at a yard sale. Billie Holiday's music and a line from her memoir, something about "scrubbing those damn white steps all over Baltimore," had me hooked on the city.

But it wasn't until recently that I experienced Baltimore in real life, the Baltimore of Billie Holiday, cool jazz, hot crab, tall ships and some of the best art in the United States. "Charm City," as it's called, also prides itself on being offbeat, even quirky. And Baltimore, with its fine weather, revitalized historic harbour and access to beaches is a great spring and summer destination: kitschy and cultured, gritty and elegant.

Of course, my first stop was to hunt out my imaginary Baltimore. Baltimore is more than 60 per cent African-American, with a vibrant cultural scene and profound black history. Not only is it the birthplace of Billie Holiday, it was home to abolitionist Frederick Douglass, an important member of the Underground Railroad.

The best way to enjoy Baltimore's black community, past and present, is to take a tour of the landmarks with Tom Saunders, a man with a passion for the city's history and architecture. Saunders takes visitors to sites such as the National Great Blacks in Wax Museum, with its wax renditions of jazz legends and heroes of the civil rights movement.

Another stop is the 18th century black church with a secret tunnel that was part of the escaped slaves' route to freedom. And, of course, we pay our regards at the statue of Billie Holiday. The tour includes a "shoebox lunch" of fried chicken in a brown paper bag, an old tradition from the Deep South. Saunders knows all the best little jazz joints, such as the cozy and atmospheric New Haven Lounge and soul-food eateries like New Duffy's Restaurant and Lounge.

Saunders, a jazz fan himself, says that Billie Holiday's singing career began in the Fells Point area of the city, in a "low house." But the Fells Point of "low houses," once a rough-and-tumble shipbuilding neighbourhood where sailmakers plied their trade and ladies of the night hawked their wares to sailors from around the world, is now funky and fabulous.

Narrow cobblestone streets lead from the waterfront to small shops, restaurants and bars. There is still a taste of rugged sailor life to be found in convivial pubs such as the Cat's Eye, but if you really want to feel like a sailor, head to the Baltimore Tattoo Museum (and tattoo parlour) and get yourself inked, sailor-style.

If gritty isn't your cup of tea, there's Greek-chic. The Black Olive Restaurant, in a restored 18th century building, offers fresh, mostly organic produce and puts a Greek spin on Baltimore's favourite seafood dish: crab.

Eating crab isn't just a meal; it's a social event. Dozens of restaurants, from the toney to the scruffy, specialize in the crustacean. Baltimoreans are passionate about "crab-picking," as eating crab is called, and as one long-time resident jokes, the debate on the best crab joint "can get you killed around here."

The most authentic crab "experience" is to eat them steamed in the rough, and one of the best places to do that and mix with locals is at Captain James. The restaurant itself is shaped like an oceanliner, but for real bliss we sit outside by the water at a wooden picnic table covered with coarse brown paper. Owner George Tserkis, a crab expert, dumps a mallet, a roll of paper towels and a couple of dozen steamed crabs in front of us with the warning, "When you eat crabs, it's gonna be messy!"

Our waterside table is only one way to see Baltimore's inner harbour. The most novel and amusing way to get around the central area of Baltimore is to hire one of the little blue-and-white water taxis that zip commuters across the inner harbour to any number of city sites.

Cammie Kane, who owns the 13 boats with names like Indefatigable and Intrepid, loves the harbour and its history, and so do her captains, who have lots of sea stories to share. The boats stop at 14 landings, including an old fortress, Fort McHenry; Little Italy, home to many of Baltimore's Italian restaurants; and historic Fells Point.

The harbour has a rich history. In the earliest days of Colonial America, it was the site of battles against the British and an important port for shipping tobacco. Today the harbour is a magnet for tourists.

The centrepiece of a port filled with heritage sea vessels of all description is most surely the historic tall ship USS Constellation. Launched in 1854 and used off the coast of Africa to intercept slave traders, the beautifully restored craft is open for visitors.

Flags flutter on the soaring masts and at noon each day the crew, dressed in crisp 19th century uniforms, fire the old cannons. Standing on the oak-planked deck looking out over the harbour, it is easy to imagine life as a sailor two centuries ago.

Baltimore was a city of rough edges, rough folks -- unlike blue-blood Philadelphia to the north and elegant Washington to the south. Though Baltimore has spiffed up over the past decade, there is still something almost joyously working class about it. Even the art here celebrates the extraordinary in the ordinary, in what might be two of the quirkiest collections in the United States.

The collection at the American Visionary Art Museum includes 5,000 outrageous works by self-taught artists such as farmers, letter carriers, homemakers and just plain folk who were struck by a vision so powerful, they just had to create works of art.

The artists used old machinery parts, buttons, paper plates and other "art supplies" available to ordinary people to create their masterpieces. From Linda St. John's pipe-cleaner dolls, each dressed in a tiny handmade outfit, to Wayne Kusy's almost five-metre replica of the Lusitania built with 200,000 toothpicks, the exhibits are wacky and stunning.

Though in no way working class (quite the opposite, in fact), Baltimore sisters Etta and Claribel Cone were wildly eccentric. And thanks to the shopping spree the wealthy siblings embarked on in early 20th century Paris, the Baltimore Museum of Art has the largest collection of Matisses in the United States and one of the country's best collections of Impressionist painting and sculpture.

The sisters, who were on a first-name basis with the likes of Matisse, Picasso and Cezanne, filled their 19-room Baltimore apartment with thousands of pieces of art, which, at their deaths, were donated to the museum.

There are so many things to discover in Baltimore, but sitting in the New Haven Lounge, a jazz spot in a little strip mall, eating spicy steamed shrimp under the soft breeze of a ceiling fan and in the blue neon light of a beer sign, it's clear Baltimore isn't a city that boasts about its charm. But if you stop for a while, you'll discover why this old tobacco and shipbuilding port is called Charm City.

And if you listen hard, my bar-stool neighbour George Manning, a local jazz DJ, says, "You can almost hear Billie's voice."

IF YOU GO ...
Peak season for crab, Baltimore's favourite seafood, runs from July through September.
-- Food, drinks
-- New Haven Lounge (1552 Havenwood Rd.)
-- New Duffy's Restaurant and Lounge (3436 Frederick Ave.)
-- Cat's Eye Pub (1730 Thames St.; catseyepub.com)
-- Black Olive Restaurant (theblackolive.com)
-- Captain James Landing (2127 Boston St.; captainjameslanding. com)

-- Hotels with a harbour view
-- InterContinental Harbor Court Baltimore (550 Light St.; harborcourt.com) is a European-style hotel with four-poster beds, brass chandeliers and lush, green marble bathrooms. It also has, according to one Conde Nast Traveler survey, one of the two best restaurants in the United States, the Hampton.
-- The Hyatt Regency (300 Light St.; baltimore.hyatt.com) is walking distance from downtown and blessed with a rooftop pool. It houses Pisces, an upmarket seafood spot reputed to be the restaurant with both the best view and the best chocolate martini in the city.

-- History
-- National Great Blacks in Wax Museum (1601-03 East North Ave.; ngbiwm.com)
-- Black History Tour (renaissanceproductions. biz)

-- Galleries
-- Baltimore Museum of Art (10 Art Museum Dr.; artbma.org)
-- Visionary Art Museum (avam. org)
-- Baltimore Tattoo Museum (and tattoo parlour) (534 Eastern Ave.)

-- Water taxi
-- thewatertaxi.com

Last edited by 30 Floors Up; July 3rd, 2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM   #4651
House3780

Are there any other jazz clubs in Baltimore besides New Haven?? Thats the only one ive ever heard of and been to.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 03:52 PM   #4652
Baltimoreborn1
Born & Raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by House3780 View Post
The NAACP saw murders/education and the Imus statement and decided the Imus statement was more worth dealing with. And I see that you do too with your statement.

If you spend so much energy on somethin like the Imus statement then you cannot focus that energy on the real problems, the real thing holding back the black community right now... drugs, crime, education. Imus is not the one holding these back. It has been our city government which has failed.

People here seriously need to wake up and stop living in the dream worlds. That article in the sun says EXACTLY what ive been saying for a long time now. If the problems of this city are not first ACCEPTED and DEALT WITH, all these ambitions of height and density will mean nothing. When youve got people getting robbed and killed left and right, when parents have no decent school to send their kids to, it wont matter if theyve got a chipotle or starbucks at the base of their 400k condo.. no ones going to want to live there. Why the hell do you think the population of the city is still falling!!! Do you think a couple new buildings are going to change the city in to a place someone wants to live when they can get that building anywhere else and also get safety and quality schools!!!
Wake up
First let me say, nobody wants to hear your poorly supported tirade about whats wrong with Black people today. First of all this is Baltimore Development News. Second, obviously people who pay thousands and thousands of dollars to study the city and turn around and then spend hundreds of millions of dollars disagree about the direction this city is headed in. I will say your above statements are much more thoughtfull than "The media, elected "official" and bueaurocrats who live a make believe world and pretend that blacks aren't really the cause for 98% of all urban crimes" you originally began with . As for the NAACP and Imus, I don't know why you are so concerned with them, they are a failing organization that is capable of reformation like any other and they have a historical past that is significant in the black community, but your solution is to get rid of them? For the record I don't find them particularly useful or productive at this time either. Im also almost certain the reason they targeted Imus was so that people cannot continue to make racist remarks of that caliber and walk away unscathed.

I also have a problem with you saying what people are accepting and dealing with the problems. If your simply referring to the politicians then that's fine, but if your referring to the all inclusive blacks that you first brought up, then your once again dead wrong. Nobody is accepting the problems in the community more than those that have to live with them on a day to day basis, and as I stated before the problems aren't going to be dealt with until Black people as a whole feel they are being allowed a fair opportunity within their communities to succeed. That currently is not the case as we both stated in previous paragraphs. The school system for these children is just pathetic, and though it is their own decision to stand on those corners, there really are a ton of factors that push them towards what really has become an inevitable conclusion for so many inner city black youths. I would say that you have made some progress with regard to intelligent organization of your ideas instead of simply letting your emotions guide your words. I only hope that in time you will realize that it is not in Black culture to be complacent with violence, in the end its black people who are victimized most. Most in prison, most killed by their own people, most uneducated ect., most males between 18-26 that end up dead due to gun violence. These are not traits that any group of people would willingly accept.

But Most Importantly, this is Baltimore development news 20! I'm sure many posters are tired of reading both of our posts now and scrolling over them, so lets get back to the topic.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:10 PM   #4653
House3780

Dont pull that this is Baltimore Development News crap on me as if 75% of the comments on this thing dont have anything to do with development. And it doesnt matter who wants to hear it or not. Its a public forum. Whether you disagree with me or not I am within my rights to express my opinion.

And it DOES tie in to development because as i stated before numerous times, as it is stated in the article, no matter what developments you have going on, if crime and education are not dealt with those developments will fail because the community will fail.

I AT NO POINT made any statements that were all inclusive for blacks or projected my feelings as those of all blacks. YOU did when you tried to speak for all blacks in saying we're fine with this and that. And you are way off. I state my own opinions as my own.

What is your point anyway.. you say I had a poorly stated argument but if you read your response you agreed with just about EVERYTHING i said.

My Points
1)Baltimore City Schools Suck
2)Crime is out of hand
3)These two impact DEVELOPMENT OF BALTIMORES NEIGHBORHOODS by keeping people from wanting to move in and making people move out.
4)Our civic leaders such as the NAACP (in a predominantly black city) have failed to fight to reverse crime and bad schools and have instead gone after frivolous things.

If you disagree with any of these then state so directly. Dont talk about how I have a poor argument and then basically claim its a bad argument because of the location (Baltimore Development News 20) IF that were the case, then the entire sun article does not belong here. BUT THEY BOTH DO because they are very much tied in with development news. Any time you hear about the market cooling and developers weary of building more, demand is down. Every time you hear on the news biker robbed, person killed, what the hell do you think thats going to do to demand. When there is a UMAB student shot at her doorfront blocks away from the campus what happens to demand for housing in her neighborhood. When there is a JHU student killed in her apartment, how do you think thats going to affect people that thought about moving to the area. Just look at the olmstead for crying outloud. You dont think the crime affects someones willingness to spend 400+k on a home in the neighborhood?

LocationLocationLocation. It doesnt just refer to geography.

I completely disagree with your opinion that it does not belong here.

Last edited by House3780; July 3rd, 2007 at 04:32 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:14 PM   #4654
sdeclue

Likes (Received): 47

I don't want to get involved in this argument because this is a development thread and this is obviously a topic where people are very passionate. That said, I think the truth in all this can be found in the middle between those that feel blacks are the blame for everything and those that feel that what some silly guy on the radio said is actually important and a crime against humanity.
sdeclue no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM   #4655
Maudibjr
Indeed

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Floors Up View Post
[B]Enough of the negative.

Well thats the last straw. First crime now canucks, drives a person to drink.

Does anyone have updated photos of the convention hotel construction?

Last edited by Maudibjr; July 3rd, 2007 at 05:10 PM.
Maudibjr no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM   #4656
southbalto

Likes (Received): 10

[QUOTE=Maudibjr;14069760]
Quote:
[B]Enough of the negative.

/QUOTE]

I'm looking at it from my desk. It's now about as tall as the warehouse.
southbalto no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM   #4657
cgunna
2A

We need a Mod or something around here....
cgunna no está en línea  
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:03 PM   #4658
Tricia_Lvs_Baltimore

Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Enough of the negative.
Yeah, I agree. Come on guys. Can we please stick to development news? Our views are obviously different, but there's no reason why we can't maintain peace. There's more than enough negativity in this world to drive us crazy.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:11 PM   #4659
30 Floors Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maudibjr View Post

I was just trying to change the subject away from crime. I posted 2 development tidbits about the Kline building and the Olive, but people are more interested in crime it seems. The Canadian article says it all:

"The debate on the best crab joint can get you killed around here."

Last edited by 30 Floors Up; July 3rd, 2007 at 05:21 PM.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 05:44 PM   #4660
pfd103
Bmore

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maudibjr View Post

I got this one Saturday night from Camden Yards...sorry I didn't get more of it in the shot.

pfd103 no está en línea  

Closed Thread