daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old July 25th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #5041
k25150

Likes (Received): 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohorns View Post
A huge chunk of the oil money used to come back to the US in the investments. It still does but not as much. Once you freeze people's accounts and investments, they're obviously going to look elsewhere for opportunities. Hence, people from that part of the world are investing more in Europe and, of course, in their own countries.

Maybe that should be a consideration next time a certain group of people are needlessly targetted or the wrong country is invaded.

Maybe we should have frozen some accounts in Siberia or Tahiti instead huh?
k25150 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #5042
bobysayshi

Likes (Received): 0

Whatever happend to the 1,234 foot tall building proposed by donald trump?
bobysayshi no está en línea  
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:46 PM   #5043
bobysayshi

[IMG][IMG][IMG]20[/IMG]The program for this project consisted of a 135-room Homewood Suites hotel, 168-room Hilton Garden Inn, 120 highrise condominium tower, 181,000 SF office building, 55,000 SF retail, 8-plex movie theater and 793-space parking garage[/IMG][/IMG]
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #5044
Maudibjr
Indeed

Likes (Received): 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia_Lvs_Baltimore View Post
Uplands project picks up steam
Philadelphia firm will lead team that builds 1,100 homes
This is good to see some new development away from the harbor. Maybe this can start a trend of knocking down old apts for new less density market housing.
Maudibjr no está en línea  
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #5045
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodricVT View Post
It's about time. I hope the final site plan is available soon.
this project has been delayed for far too long. i can't wait 'til they get going with this.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:43 PM   #5046
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobysayshi View Post
Whatever happend to the 1,234 foot tall building proposed by donald trump?
It was exactly 1,234 ft. and 5 inches, wasn't it?
Old July 25th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #5047
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

LOL!
Honestly though, I have never heard of that proposal.
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:12 AM   #5048
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

lol......yeah, we could only dream of one of those right about now.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #5049
bobysayshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
LOL!
Honestly though, I have never heard of that proposal.
Some one else said it on this website heres the article

"Donald Trump buys One Light Street Address, Plans Tallest Tower!"

Sources say that billionare Donald Trump has agreed to buy the property at One Light Street for a cost of over $20 million. Trump's plans call for a mixed-use high-rise tower with a 5 Star hotel brand, condos, retail and premium class A office space. The tower, when completed, will be 75 stories and 1,234 feet tall. Clearly times are changing for Baltimore and it's skyline. Even area NIMBYs have changed their tune to this news. "We love Mr. Trump's proposal and we support it 100%", said one local NIMBY. "We would have supported a lot of other tall tower proposals throughout the city, but, to be frank, they were not tall enough!"
Recent news of other high-rise developments throughout the city have recently been announced, including 10 Inner Harbor, 300 East Pratt Street, 701 East Baltimore Street, the 60 story twin Naing towers, Pat Turners 65 story office tower and many other shorter but very significant buildings that add to much needed density.
When asked why he chose Baltimore for this ultra tall tower, Mr. Trump exclaimed, "Baltimore has always been on my radar for a project of this magnitude. In fact, I'm even thinking about buying a few more properties in the city and build more towers. Preferably condos. Who knows, you may see another 1,000 footer proposed real soon."
ticle
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #5050
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

That was me! :
I totally forgot about that. My bad.
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:08 AM   #5051
SoBoChris
7th generation SoBoean

Likes (Received): 219

Yikes, talk about an "April Fools" a few months too late! LOL
SoBoChris no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:16 AM   #5052
bobysayshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBoChris View Post
Yikes, talk about an "April Fools" a few months too late! LOL
What do you meen?
Old July 26th, 2007, 05:46 AM   #5053
bobysayshi

o ok nevermind lol i just read the bottom of the artical lol
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:11 AM   #5054
Brian21

^Oh yeah I remember that one

Steve had all of us on the edge of our seats
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:39 PM   #5055
Baltimoreborn1
Born & Raised

Likes (Received): 7

Uplands

News piece on the uplands

The video includes some renderings.
Baltimoreborn1 no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:13 PM   #5056
30 Floors Up

Likes (Received): 812

Hot off the presses - sort of!

http://www.baltimoredevelopment.com/...orth%20RFQ.pdf

http://www.baltimoredevelopment.com/...5x11%20PDF.pdf

http://www.baltimoredevelopment.com/...ad/A%20PIX.pdf

http://www.baltimoredevelopment.com/...ad/B%20PIX.pdf
30 Floors Up no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #5057
30 Floors Up

Likes (Received): 812

State economic development agency to call World Trade Center home
Baltimore Business Journal - 2:18 PM EDT Thursday, July 26, 2007by Robert J. Terry

Baltimore's World Trade Center, the 30-story waterfront office tower that until recently the state was trying to unload, is getting a new tenant: the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development.

The agency known as DBED will move its headquarters to the Pratt Street address in October 2008. Officials said the move will cut costs -- about $100,000 over the lease term -- and more closely link Maryland's business development team with the Maryland Port Administration, its maritime agency, with an eye on broadening the state's international business profile.

About 250 of DBED's 322 employees will occupy seven floors in the building.

"For an agency responsible for marketing Maryland to the world, there is no better address to have than that of the World Trade Center Baltimore," said John D. Porcari, secretary of the Maryland Department of Transportation, which has been seeking to boost the building's tenant base since February, when Gov. Martin O'Malley said he was taking the building off the market.

Former Gov. Robert Ehrlich tried to unload the iconic office building after Hurricane Isabel revealed its vulnerability to weather elements in 2003; flooding in the storm's wake displaced tenants for more than a month. The building, which opened in 1977, is also considered outdated by today's real estate standards, experts say, and is in need of significant upgrades.

The World Trade Center contains nearly 300,000 rentable square feet. With the arrival of DBED, the building will be more than 70 percent occupied, state officials said.

"This move puts DBED where it belongs -- at a visible location in Baltimore's Inner Harbor, a compelling example of Maryland's business development," said Donald C. Fry, president and CEO of the Greater Baltimore Committee, in a statement. "It strongly supports the administration's decision to retain this flagship building and put it to effective use in promoting and growing our state's economy."
30 Floors Up no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #5058
sdeclue

Likes (Received): 47

The uplands rendering you get a brief glimpse at in the video looks like a suburban development. I was hoping for more density there than the former uplands development and certainly more than shown in the rendering.
sdeclue no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #5059
PeterSmith

Likes (Received): 2660

I'm excited for the North Ave. redevelopment to really get underway. I think we'll see quite a few great rehabs and new developments alike. Thanks for posting these. Good find.
PeterSmith no está en línea  
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:21 PM   #5060
scando

Likes (Received): 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Floors Up View Post
State economic development agency to call World Trade Center home
Baltimore Business Journal - 2:18 PM EDT Thursday, July 26, 2007by Robert J. Terry

Baltimore's World Trade Center, the 30-story waterfront office tower that until recently the state was trying to unload, is getting a new tenant: the Maryland Department of Business and Economic Development.

The agency known as DBED will move its headquarters to the Pratt Street address in October 2008. Officials said the move will cut costs -- about $100,000 over the lease term -- and more closely link Maryland's business development team with the Maryland Port Administration, its maritime agency, with an eye on broadening the state's international business profile.
An interesting move. I've been in the current DBED office and compared to the WTC, this will be a step down in the appearence made by the offices (regarded as important when impressing business contacts). Better views, but cheesier offices. I hope they have plugged the leaks in the basement. During Isabel, the seals in the entrance failed, the loading dock became an aquaduct and all of the electicals in the basement were ruined. Now they have some board and sandbag things that are supposed to keep water out of the lobby, but the basement entrance looks unchanged.
scando no está en línea  

Closed Thread